• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
So I read yesterday that one of the requirements for a game to get Nintendo's Seal of Quality for the NES was no random elements, i.e. randomly generated level design or infinitely repeating levels with random enemy placement.

In a related note, when do we stop pretending to like Melee 0.5?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
well, i dont know when those crazy-*** old japanese men who show up at your house are going to stop pretending to like melee 0.5, but if someone put melee and b-LOL in front of me, I know i'd be moonwalking around yoshis story in a heartbeat (WHATS UP RANDALL?)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Id rather quack around BF.
quack?? im sorry, i must not be up on the new hip lingo you kids are spewing

holy ****, can you imagine thirty years from now, when you say "kid just got ****in pwnd" and your children look at you as if you had said "groovy" or "tubular" or "radical"? because pwnd and leet and woot are like old people talk to the new kids?

lets never grow old, midsouth.

-Chad-

Slackerator
quack?? im sorry, i must not be up on the new hip lingo you kids are spewing

holy ****, can you imagine thirty years from now, when you say "kid just got ****in pwnd" and your children look at you as if you had said "groovy" or "tubular" or "radical"? because pwnd and leet and woot are like old people talk to the new kids?

lets never grow old, midsouth.
Does that mean we can play Melee forever?

Cause I"m so down for that.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I have a question for you chad and tom. Just say we don't get old, can you really handle the constant phrases that iori makes up. Think about it stepping on the beach would be a thing of the past, the new words would be like gee golly, thats my horse, and stop stealing my garage sale signs. I really think you guys should rethink that. :093:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Iori, you watch way too many cartoons.

Apparently I do too.

Yes, we should never grow old and play Melee forever.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I don't give a ****. I love Brawl. I now love Melee again. I love Guilty Gear. I love Arcana Heart. I love 3S. I love Terry Bogard. I lov- ARE YOU OKAY!? BUSTER WOLF! Seriously though.

ArcadiaLegend

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'll take Brawl over melee. Reason? Pikachu is better and Wolf became my new best friend. That's my logic. Well, and I just kinda enjoy Brawl more really.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hmmm. This is the day after my 18th birthday.

*check* it's the 18th-21st, which means I turn 18. Im interested. It just depends how some events this summer role out and then how interested this area is in it.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
At least there's a little more TN interest? Thought it'd be kinda' fun since FC was cancelled(unless it's back on schedule again?).

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
At least there's a little more TN interest? Thought it'd be kinda' fun since FC was cancelled(unless it's back on schedule again?).
What tournament? I could probably meet you guys there from Georgia and bring Dogysamich. =D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
eh uses semicolons wrong and doesnt afraid of anything and pisses me off on purpose all the time on smashboards

but he's loud and funny as hell and if i go to a fl tournament i might as well go a bit out of my way and pick him up.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If you mean the rule set, it is competitive. We have banned stages and no items, etc.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
but its noob friendly because we are a very friendly group of people who like to see more smashers join the community. the rules are pretty simple when theyre explained to you, and everyone plays a ton of matches just for fun when not in a tournament match at the time.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Im definetly all for a random ffa, items, coin match somewhere in a break. Tournaments are generally pretty relaxed unless friendlies start taking up tournament match time and slow it down.

Sdouble

Smash Rookie
Yo what's up peeps. I'm in shelbyville Tn and I love this game. I suck badly lol but I want to get good.

Shelbyville - Infi-Tan -
Smyrna - Javi(Link) -
Smyrna - SilentCapybara -

I see you guys are all near me, lets meet up and get to the beasting lol. Pm or something guys, lets get it going.

I paly mostly capcom fighters but I'm wanting to get into this big time. I'm usually in smyrna tn alot on the weekends playing in a arcade Jason Wilson(tips n' tricks writer, godly capcom player) set up in smyrna. we play Street fighter alot and Mortal kombat.

So let me know something guys.

Thanks,
Scott

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Sup man, welcome to the boards. I'm Jissai from SRK, but I think people really know R7Nite more than I, lol. Either way, the TN crew is pretty friendly. Maybe you can come to the tourney May10th here in Mempho?

Speaking of which...

Memphis peeps. Does anyone else play any fighters at all? I've been finding myself playing a lot of T5DR, but it seems everyone here mainly plays Smash. I don't wanna' assume or anything, but I dunno'. I'm getting back into Melee again, but also getting into other things as well. It's hard to get good by yourself.

-Chad-

Slackerator
@Fizz- I'd like to get good at Guilty Gear and I enjoy playing Melty Blood as well. I can also play Naruto 4 to some extent but Iori owns me at it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
if someone wanted to teach me guilty gear or melty blood, i'd love to learn

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Good ****, I'll play GG with you doodz. As for Naruto: GNT4, hell yeah. Kisame says **** your chakra bar!...(and health bar, too.)

Captain N_2000

Smash Rookie
Memphis peeps. Does anyone else play any fighters at all? I've been finding myself playing a lot of T5DR, but it seems everyone here mainly plays Smash. I don't wanna' assume or anything, but I dunno'. I'm getting back into Melee again, but also getting into other things as well. It's hard to get good by yourself.

hey fizz.

first off, i'd like to start off by saying good games at the last tourney. i havent been posting here as much as i should have... partly due to college and other stuff... i'm sure you understand.

before i started playing smash, i have played a wide variety of fighting games and entered many tournaments. my best game right now is soul calibur. i am known for playing a variety of characters, specifically maxi and cervy. however, the soul calibur scene is dying here in memphis (if the scene isnt dead already :(). i've played alot of people who have now given up on the game, unfortunately. but i still continue to play in order to prepare for soul calibur IV. in fact, i'm still looking for competition in soul calibur so I can improve on my skills.

i also play tekken 5 DR. my main character is lee chaolan. i've been in several tourneys in that game as well. in fact, i play people on a weekly basis. the tekken scene in memphis is dying as well... but not as bad as calibur. there are still committed tekken players, however we are always interested in new fighters who want to learn.

i also play street fighter III third strike. once upon a time, it was extremely popular in memphis and there were tons of tourneys, but now, people have moved on to other stuff and stopped playing the game. i've been playing third strike for a while, and i still continue to play it. i main with necro.

the guilty gear scene in memphis is very alive right now. there are a variety of gamers who meet up and play it consistently. recently, there have been more guilty gear tourneys than ever in the past couple of months. in fact, those gamers are looking for additional fighters as well.

sometimes we have meetings at fun fair arcade and we play tekken, street fighter, soul calibur (if enough people show :p), and even guilty gear on some occasions.

overall, i still play brawl and i kinda enjoy it because it fits more with my style of play. i'm still looking for competition in brawl on a regular basis as well as soul calibur. so if anyone wants to meet up and play brawl, calibur, or even tekken for that matter .... just let me know and we can try to arrange things. :chuckle:

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Hey! What's up man! Good to see you postin'. I enjoyed our matches. Yea, I'm on dustloop to see what's up with Memphis, but I hardly get the time to play with the doodz due to work, even though they play quite a bit, lol.

It sucks the SC scene is dying for you. ;-; I enjoy the games, but I'm not that into them. Perhaps I'll play SCIV though. It always sucks when you don't know anyone nearby who plays the same game as you.

Lee main in T5DR? That's hot. Lili player here, and that's what I've been playing more than anything at the moment. 3S is always hawt stuff, too.

I played this beastly dude at MvC2 today at Tilt by the name of Matt(?). It was insane watching him play. Maybe you've heard of him? Either way, I need to start hittin' up the Funfair arcade.

Captain N_2000

Smash Rookie
i used to play MvC2 a long time ago. i used to main megaman. in fact, i think alot of people still play that as well, but not many people improve on it. i play it every now and then. i think i know who you're talking about. who does matt play with? you remember?

Top Bottom