• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell Me Why YOUR Main is Underrated or Viable

Do You Think That Your Main is Underrated?

• Total voters

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Donkey Kong is only underrated because he's in the shadow of that sorry excuse for a simian Diddy Kong. Urgh...I can't stand em!

I don't know why this is. DK has potential.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
My problem with pit is that I can't land his kill moves, his side smash requires a way harder read then Roy's side tilt, I have difficulty landing a killing aerial with pit when off stage, but endup killing with a Fair with not even half the difficultly it takes for pit to kill with any aerial. How is Pit's Dthrow better than Roy's? I also don't understand why you would want to approach with a dash attack. I also think Roy's up B is his combo escape move not his Fair.
Pit's are overall much safer. Fair, Bair, Fthrow, and Uair combined with some jumps are all extremely safe kill moves. Roy has no safety in comparison. Pit's just a bit harder to use because you need to know what to use and when.

Pit's Dthrow is harder to DI and combos for longer. Basically, Roy's has lower base knockback but Pit's has much lower knockback growth. And when it doesn't combo Pit's a hundred times better at catching airdodges because he's not a fast faller and his aerials linger.

Because Pit's dash attack is safe on shield when properly spaced. Pit's neutral is better even without arrows...

Blazer has no protection whatsoever in the air and the hitbox is deceptively small. If you whiff out of a combo you're eating a mostly charged Smash.

Pit's neutral is great, having tons of fast and safe moves and an excellent projectile. Roy's neutral is terrible because he has no options out of a dash nor a way to deal wity projectiles. Pit's advantage is great because follow-ups come easily and he has a ton of ways to keep his opponent in disadvantage. Roy's is okay because his combo options are limited but at least he's powerful. Pit's disadvantage is great because his recovery is nearly untouchable and his jumps and fall speed keep him out of combos. Roy's is terrible because his recovery is trash and he's combo fodder.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I honestly feel that Sheik is pretty underra-

Oh wait, this isn't the Brawl thread...

Last edited:

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
I think Yoshi is totally underrated and underused. I consider him top tier. He is AMAZING:4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Dorf is underrated, I feel. I remember the first days of Smash 3DS when people saw his moveset, and so many people commented "Ganon still sucks lol" simply because he looked like his Brawl version. Ganon, while easily punished and comboed, has so many great tools if used correctly. Pretty much all of his moves are KO moves (except for his Up B grab, buff that thing y'all). His F and D tilts are amazint, his Flame Choke is godlike, his Areals are godlike, his edge-guarding game is monstrous, and his Smash Attacks are all great.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I think that when the biggest thing that you can say is wrong with :4ryu: is "his grab followups are subpar" when he has a move that is invincible on startup that kills at 60%, has a great combo game, varied, good recovery, a projectile, and good speed and frame data all around, and yet he's considered by many to be mid tier, that :4ryu: is woefully underrated.
Is he difficult and technical? Definitely. Does that make him worse than he actually is?
No.

Kung Fu Treachery

Smash Apprentice
Dorf is underrated, I feel. I remember the first days of Smash 3DS when people saw his moveset, and so many people commented "Ganon still sucks lol" simply because he looked like his Brawl version. Ganon, while easily punished and comboed, has so many great tools if used correctly. Pretty much all of his moves are KO moves (except for his Up B grab, buff that thing y'all). His F and D tilts are amazint, his Flame Choke is godlike, his Areals are godlike, his edge-guarding game is monstrous, and his Smash Attacks are all great.
I actually have trouble building up damage with Ganon because of how few quick moves he has. Theoretically he can kill early, but in practice I feel like I have to work so hard for every hit. Ftilt is the truth and the light, though. I love the line drive trajectory.

He needs a recovery buff, since its poor distance essentially negates his heavyweight advantage. He's difficult to actually kill off a side blast zone, but it frequently doesn't matter since he can't make it all the way back to the stage anyway. He dies earlier than you might expect because of that, though he's hard to kill off the top. Come on, the dude could levitate in the Zelda games. Throw him a bone.

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
:4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser:

He's my main. I don't feel he's under rated at all. I wish people would play him more so us Bowser mains had more than an hour of actual tournament play to go off of. Even if you type in Bowser you mostly just get results for Bowser JR.

Pros
-Hits hard
-Kills early
-Extremely heavy/hard to launch

Cons (literally every thing else)
-Projectile spammed to death
-Doesn't have any combos
-Has to eat EVERY combo
-Some combos on Bowser can infinite
-Landing lag and animation lengths are pathetic and laughable

I like Bowser as my main, but I feel he doesn't have an advantage over ANY character in the game. DDD will murder you and dealing with gordos is pointless. Link and Duck Hunt will just wall you off with spam. Almost every character will just take you from 0 to 50%+ with one combo and start it over again. Yoshi is absolute death to Bowser, you don't even stand a chance, just put down the controller and save yourself the frustration.

And ZSS, well, there's this....

I love Bowser, but he's in a desperate need of being viable. I understand he's better than Brawl, but it shouldn't take 4 sequels to just make this character "barely playable."
:4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser::4bowser:

Last edited:

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
I think that when the biggest thing that you can say is wrong with :4ryu: is "his grab followups are subpar" when he has a move that is invincible on startup that kills at 60%, has a great combo game, varied, good recovery, a projectile, and good speed and frame data all around, and yet he's considered by many to be mid tier, that :4ryu: is woefully underrated.
Is he difficult and technical? Definitely. Does that make him worse than he actually is?
No.
Whoa whoa whoa. People consider Ryu to be mid-tier??? Uhh... Grab follow-ups aren't everything. Its safer to not go for grabs anyway.

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet

And ZSS, well, there's this....

I love Bowser, but he's in a desperate need of being viable. I understand he's better than Brawl, but it shouldn't take 4 sequels to just make this character "barely playable."
If I wasn't a ZSS main, that video would make me cry.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4wario2: is really underrated. He has great air game, amazing recovery, chomp which can eat through shields, and waft which can kill extremely early (especially with rage). On top of this he can kill fairly early with moves such as f-tilt and b-air, and you can toss the bike around which is good for racking up damage quickly. Sadly he's probably one of the most unused characters as far as I know.

Last edited:

TheSausXL

Smash Cadet
I honestly think that C.Falcon is underrated. I think that he can really compete with top tiers just because of his pure rush down offense. But the thing that gets people is the whole "lack luster recovery". Yeah his up b is pretty linear in terms of how you can predict where it goes but really that is not a problem if you have good mix ups. I think they just think back to melee where his recovery was actually awful because of shine spiking and ledge grabbing. But now that this things don't exist anymore his recovery is not really that big of a problem. I played 1FOW1 on one of his streams recently and he did not kill me off of a gimp or even an edgeguard because of things like stalling, recovering high, etc.

Other weaknesses people often exaggerate are his lack of projectile and him being combo food. But really these aren't that big of problems if you have a really good grasp of the character because if you are getting camped, your ability to get in all depends on your skill, and how well you can deal with pressure. Being combo food really isn't that bad since C.Falcon can make his own combo food out of most of the roster and he can rack up damage quickly. Killing really isn't a problem for him because of excellent moves such as bair, down smash, down tilt, side b, down b, and consistent knee setups.

So basically what I'm saying is C.Falcon's placing in tiers really, REALLY depends on the person holding the controller because the more experience you have, the easier the flaws are to overcome. And I guess that mentality can be applied to any character but for C.Falcon it is a drastic difference. Even at Paragon, a Falcon player (forget his name lol) got 9th place despite these "horrendous" weaknesses.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Underrated characters, huh? No one is more underrated than :4robinm:

I swear, his only real flaws are grab range, speed, and average frame data, and two of those could be rectified at any time. It's just such a shame that many, many players are the rush-in, berserker types that just want to bash the opponents skull in as fast as possible, there's very little room for actual strategy :(
Top players views have some merit, yes, and their characters are certainly advanced when used by them, but the majority seems to only appreciate what they've seen can win to further their (IMO pointless) quest to be the best. Makes me so sad :crying:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ 33percentgod 33percentgod , have you been to the Bowser board? I know there's quite a few Bowser players trying to make a name for him, it might be a good idea to discuss tactics and matchups with them.

@ Sari Sari , isn't Wario pretty big in Japan? I know Abadango does well with him, which is nice for the fans.

Tri10

Smash Cadet
NNID
chambergojd
@ 33percentgod 33percentgod Excuse me, but I think you might be misinformed about Bowser. Sure, a bunch of things you said are correct, including the pros and two cons, those being he has no combos and his landing lag problems. The other cons can be easily avoided if you're skillful enough.

For instance, camping isn't a problem if you know how to perfect shield. Sure, it may be challenging but Bowser up close is scary, so you have to go in hard. He actually has a few combos, most of which reliably can connect. We have U-Throw to F-Air, his custom side B Dash Slash to a plethora of options, including Bowser Bomb and USmash at low percents, and F-Air, U-Air and even B-Air to seal the deal.

Then there's his jab. Still amazing. While it might be slow for a jab at frame 7, the reward he gets off of landing the first hit can be game changing. Dash grab and Klaw (Default Side B) beat shields and laggy moves, D-Tilt and Fortress beat spot dodges, even Bowser Bomb can land as a hard read against laggy moves.

Speaking of Fortress, it has to be one of the best OoS options in the game. He himself probably has some of the best OoS options. Shellguarded U-Smash, jab, his grab, F-Tilt, D-Tilt and Fortress which comes out at frame 6; faster than jab.

Grabs in general can do so much for him. I'll admit that D-Throw could be better but his other throws are completely fine. U-Throw for combos, then B-Throw and F-Throw give him stage control. Has anybody seen his pivot grab range? It's freaking broken! Plus he lunges forward similarly to Pit or even the Captain himself.

You said that he has a problem with camping and bring combo food. That's actually a small problem unless you're against Luigi, or someone who gets massive rewards off grabs. You can take say 18 percent, but deal 12 off of a throw. That trade goes to you because you got stage control. Almost any trade is good for Bowser and means trouble for the opponent.

Wow, looking back there's a lot more I could still write, but then this would be a guide. I'll stop for now, but I'll let everyone ponder on this.

T4ylor

Smash Journeyman
So many people in this thread are unheathily optimistic about their main. Not everyone can be mid tier.

Nah @ the post above this, Bowser sucks. The other guy was actually being reasonable. From where I stand, you've got all these so-called notable Bowser mains and the only one that's truly doing well is Lord Mix.

Edit: Yeah, that's true. No good to completely dismiss a character based on results and such.

You should also look into Some, he's a Japanese Greninja player who's been doing well. Probably the best one around, placed 5th at Umebura19

Last edited:

Tri10

Smash Cadet
NNID
chambergojd
Okay, I'll agree that Bowser definitely isn't the best, and certainly doesn't have the representation that he should have. Sure we have names like Ash23 and Calm Animal, but LordMix is the only one that has caused a stir at one point. I'll agree with you 100 percent on that.

I do implore you though to not shake off something right away because of lack of representation. Look at Greninja. Who besides aMSa and various Japanese/European players have we seen? The moment of truth hasn't come yet, but let the metagame advance a bit.

I'll say Bowser is good at maybe the lower part of mid tier.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
As a Bowser main, I'd say he's at the bottom of mid tier or the top of low tier.
The only solidly midtier super heavyweight is DK, in case M2K hasn't made that evident yet.

Tri10

Smash Cadet
NNID
chambergojd
@ T T4ylor Yeah, I definitely will. 5th sounds impressive, especially with Ranai and Rain being the top contenders at Umebura.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Marth is definitely underrated. Ever since they buffed his jab he became a much better character. Marth is a character that benefits a lot from baiting the opponent, and his jab allows you to bait your opponent to setup a lot of combos. The only thing keeping Marth from being a really good character is his horrible throws.

I don't use Ike, but one of my friends who uses him as his secondary is really good with him. I think Ike should actually be at least some where in the middle of high tier. Ike has a ton of high damage combos and huge disjoints.

D

Deleted member

:4dedede:

King Dedede is vastly underestimated by most people, and it kinda sucks most people consider him to be one of the worst characters in the game. As somebody who mained him in Brawl and still have him as my tried and true in 4, it really makes me wish the king would gain more respect. While he does have some glaring flaws such as being combo food and his moves mostly being rather slow or laggy, along with being more susceptible to projectile camping this time around, and his throws (besides dthrow) being mediocre he can pull off some good stuff.

Unlike most heavyweights he has an amazing recovery, reasonably good range thanks to his hammer and all, can pull off some great mindgames and (situational, if you believe so) stage control thanks to Gordos, is good at racking damage or even KOing out of down throw and is damn good at edgeguarding those with less than desirable recoveries. He also lives extremely long and with rage on his side, he can deal some serious hurt at high percents. While I do think he was overall better in Brawl thanks to him having better tools to take on the cast (I'll miss ya, Waddle Dees. You protected me from those pesky spacie lasers one too many times. Let's not forget that amazing bair.), I still believe he's viable to a degree even if him taking on top tiers is very much an uphill battle. If he got some much-needed attention in balance patches we could have some good stuff on our hands.

Even with that said, Big D placed rather well at Paragon recently with him (17th place), so the thing is we need more dedicated mains that aren't afraid to show what he's made of.

That, and he gets a practically lagless taunt in the form of his crouch. You can't not love that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow_13

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6916-4604
Nope, Dedede isn't underrated. He flat out stinks and I'm honest enough to admit it. Might be in the bottom 10 characters at this point. I wish there was a more viable character that fit my playstyle as well as he does. Sakurai frame data buffs please to tilts and aerials.
I don't think he flat out stinks. Yeah he might not be good, but he doesn't suck haha. He's my fat character. You can survive until really high percents, one good read is pretty much a kill, you can advance with FTilt, some combos... not much, but some, and his UAir is God-like!

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet

King Dedede is vastly underestimated by most people, and it kinda sucks most people consider him to be one of the worst characters in the game. As somebody who mained him in Brawl and still have him as my tried and true in 4, it really makes me wish the king would gain more respect. While he does have some glaring flaws such as being combo food and his moves mostly being rather slow or laggy, along with being more susceptible to projectile camping this time around, and his throws (besides dthrow) being mediocre he can pull off some good stuff.

Unlike most heavyweights he has an amazing recovery, reasonably good range thanks to his hammer and all, can pull off some great mindgames and (situational, if you believe so) stage control thanks to Gordos, is good at racking damage or even KOing out of down throw and is damn good at edgeguarding those with less than desirable recoveries. He also lives extremely long and with rage on his side, he can deal some serious hurt at high percents. While I do think he was overall better in Brawl thanks to him having better tools to take on the cast (I'll miss ya, Waddle Dees. You protected me from those pesky spacie lasers one too many times. Let's not forget that amazing bair.), I still believe he's viable to a degree even if him taking on top tiers is very much an uphill battle. If he got some much-needed attention in balance patches we could have some good stuff on our hands.

Even with that said, Big D placed rather well at Paragon recently with him (17th place), so the thing is we need more dedicated mains that aren't afraid to show what he's made of.

That, and he gets a practically lagless taunt in the form of his crouch. You can't not love that.
Sorry to say this, but whenever I play a Dedede, I get giddy. I know I can style as hard as I want and not get punished.

Last edited:

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311

Sorry but I have to disagree. I have played ~3500 matches and several live tournaments as Dedede. I love him and still co-main him but he's so bad. Definitely bottom 10. Probably bottom 5.

His frame data is pitiful, he can't approach, he gets combo'ed to hell, gordos are too easy to counter and he has few kill setups. I love the character, but honestly he is terrible.

I wouldn't call his recovery amazing. It's very predictable and prone to being spiked at the apex by stuff like Falcon's dair. Don't get me wrong it's very good and usually hard to mess with - but not amazing.

What Big D did is impressive, but it's an outlier at this point and I think we need a lot more results than that. I'd like to see what mains he beat to get that far. He could have gotten lucky and not faced several of Dedede's lopsided matchups like :4sonic::4zss:. I think Dedede does fine against a lot of the mid and low tiers. But the problem is he gets destroyed by most all of the top 10 and even the high tiers and that's who everyone plays in tournaments.

Dedede needs frame data buffs to be viable, that's by far his biggest issue. His moves just need to come out faster and the ridiculous endlag on moves like fair and inhale need to be reduced. And gordo to not get reflected by everything would also be wonderful. If Dedede had a projectile consistently usable in neutral that'd be amazing. In my opinion projectiles and jabs should not reflect it, only aerials and some specials.

Also he needs some kind of kill setup out of grab - either throw to upair to work until kill percents or a good kill throw. Or both like :4dk: currently has.

Oh and for crying out loud, fix the hitboxes on his hammer. The animations don't match the hitboxes on fair and bair.

Last edited:

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
What Big D did is impressive, but it's an outlier at this point and I think we need a lot more results than that. I'd like to see what mains he beat to get that far. He could have gotten lucky and not faced several of Dedede's lopsided matchups like :4sonic::4zss:. I think Dedede does fine against a lot of the mid and low tiers. But the problem is he gets destroyed by most all of the top 10 and even the high tiers and that's who everyone plays in tournaments.
I have to say, I like Dedede as a character, but as a ZSS main, he is so fun to play against. I have no idea how Dedede could possibly react fast enough to anything ZSS (or most top tiers) can do. Nothing against Dedede, but until I see some amazing matches against his bad matchups, he is a combo fodder character. DISCLAIMER: I love playing Dedede with his okay matchups. I've zero-to-deathed another Dedede before on For Glory. His spike is like if Ike or Roy's had 5X the hitbox. Until someone like Big D beats Nairo or ZeRo, Dedede is probably going to stay low.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Dedede can bop you if you don't know how to fight him. I know many people who swear blind that Dedede is a jerk when you don't understand the matchup.

For what it's worth, I'm still convinced he just about wins the Pit matchup, so y'know there's that...

To carry on the discussion, I think Palutena is definitely underrated. I see some tier lists placing her in Bottom 10 or Bottom 5 and I wonder if the player has ever versed a top-drawer Palutena.

Don't get me wrong, Palutena is still low-tier in my opinion, mid-tier at the absolute highest. But she ain't bottom-tier. Jab that stuffs approaches and sets up for d-throw, d-throw that sets up for everything, invincible dash attack, invincible killer b-air, decent walk / run speed and good aerial mobility, intangible recovery, reliable reflector...

What really hold her back is the frame data on her smashes (hard read or go home) and the fact that her default moveset is too patchwork to be useful at top-level. While her moves can be useful in themselves (except Counter, which is just weak in every way), there's no reason for her to have a counter and a reflector, especially when her customs open up so many good choices. With her default set, she struggles to do well against the high and top-tiers, but she can hold her own against most others and the buffs to her frame data have definitely made her a better character.

Custom Palutena is the GOAT. :3

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I think Zelda is kind of underrated. She has a lot of good stuff going for her such as an amazing UpB, great jab, tilts, and an amazing n-air. She isn't great mind you (tho she may be one day thanks to patches) I don't think she's the "worst character in the game" by a long shot. She has combos, kill moves, and options. She just cant handle characters like sheik all too well. Anyways with the patch coming out maybe we'll see Sheik nerfed and her better half buffed :secretkpop:

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff is probably one of the most underrated characters in Smash bros. Since her appearance in Smash 64, most players want her cut to make room for other characters. I'm glad she has been in every smash game, good or bad.

ARKills

Smash Cadet
NNID
sl33py1
3DS FC
0404-5541-7941
Well for my mains, I think everyone knows Mario is good already. I think Falco is close to being viable.He has decent combo/string potential, a good edge guarding game, and quick kill moves (That frame 4 Bair) but he has a lot of things that hold him back. He's combo/gimp fodder while also being light, weak approach options, no reliable way to force an approach, jab and lasers are kind of dysfunctional.

As for secondaries, I think Marth is underrated and Roy is a little overrated. The frame data buffs and hitlag changes on shield really made him a much better character. He can apply pressure better now, has plenty of set ups just off of just his improved jab, and overall just has more tools to work with compared to 1.04 Marth. The only thing that I can say is bad at about him atm is his grab game.

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Dedede can bop you if you don't know how to fight him. I know many people who swear blind that Dedede is a jerk when you don't understand the matchup.

For what it's worth, I'm still convinced he just about wins the Pit matchup, so y'know there's that...

To carry on the discussion, I think Palutena is definitely underrated. I see some tier lists placing her in Bottom 10 or Bottom 5 and I wonder if the player has ever versed a top-drawer Palutena.

Don't get me wrong, Palutena is still low-tier in my opinion, mid-tier at the absolute highest. But she ain't bottom-tier. Jab that stuffs approaches and sets up for d-throw, d-throw that sets up for everything, invincible dash attack, invincible killer b-air, decent walk / run speed and good aerial mobility, intangible recovery, reliable reflector...

What really hold her back is the frame data on her smashes (hard read or go home) and the fact that her default moveset is too patchwork to be useful at top-level. While her moves can be useful in themselves (except Counter, which is just weak in every way), there's no reason for her to have a counter and a reflector, especially when her customs open up so many good choices. With her default set, she struggles to do well against the high and top-tiers, but she can hold her own against most others and the buffs to her frame data have definitely made her a better character.

Custom Palutena is the GOAT. :3
I love Palutena and these are certainly good points, but her problem isn't her frame data on smashes, it's her frame data on EVERYTHING.
To give examples, let's compare her frame data to Dedede who arguably has the worst frame data in the game.
Palutena's fastest move (when including the frames it takes to jump for aerials) is her frame 6 Dash Attack (which, while fast is stupidly easy to punish if shielded or whiffed. FAF is 52? really?)
Dedede's fastest move is his frame 6 DTilt. (which has a much more manageable FAF at 38 and can actually be quite hard to punish.)
You know your frame data is bad when your fastest move is equal to D3's, and while Palutena has a frame 5 NAir if you're using that out of a shorthop it takes an extra 5 frames to go through your jumpsquat animation. When it comes to aerials her frame data isn't that horrendous but when it comes to literally every ground option she has the only oes worth using on a grounded opponent are jab and grab.
Her smash attacks really are just awful though. Seriously, her DSmash's FAF is only 9 frames faster than D3's FSmash and lacks the stupid power and range of that move. Not to mention half of D3's FSmash duration is the startup.
The only reason people put Palutena so low (and while customs make her aerials much harder to punish it does not fix her problem) is because her frame data is along the likes of Ganondorf and Dedede with how awful it is.
I main Bowser, so I'm used to laggy characters, and even I think Palutena's attacks are slow and laggy. Having the 11th fastest run speed does not save the fact that you're one of the most punishable characters in the game and have no good options for landing mixups outside of warp mindgames (which can lead to you getting punished on reaction anyway depending on your opponent's character.)
Being fast doesn't save Charizard. It doesn't save Little Mac. It won't save Palutena.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Her smash attacks really are just awful though. Seriously, her DSmash's FAF is only 9 frames faster than D3's FSmash and lacks the stupid power and range of that move. Not to mention half of D3's FSmash duration is the startup.
The only reason people put Palutena so low (and while customs make her aerials much harder to punish it does not fix her problem)
I wouldn't say it fixes her problem as much as it does at least have it make sense.

The thing is, some of her customs like Super Speed and Lightweight are ridiculously good moves that give her insane mobility and combo options, and honestly they'd be complete overkill on someone who's already a good character. I've been playing as Custom Palu with my friends the last few days and they seem to think she's "broken" because of the utility she gets from those moves. It makes me wonder what it'd be like if Palutena had quick, lagless attacks AND her customs at once.

Last edited:

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say it fixes her problem as much as it does at least have it make sense.

The thing is, some of her customs like Super Speed and Lightweight are ridiculously good moves that give her insane mobility and combo options, and honestly they'd be complete overkill on someone who's already a good character. I've been playing as Custom Palu with my friends the last few days and they seem to think she's "broken" because of the utility she gets from those moves. It makes me wonder what it'd be like if Palutena had quick, lagless attacks AND her customs at once.
Palutena will be viable if customs are legal.

makemesmellbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
makemesmellbad
Switch FC
SW-1177-4478-7793
I think the only reason Pac-Man is underrated is because he has little to no tournament representation. Even Abadango and Zage don't do Pac compete justice. He has a variety of playstyles with tons of mixups and setups. The only downsides he has are that he has little shield pressure, a gimpable (yet still strong) recovery, low priority, and the fact that all of his traps can also be used against him. Pac is like the new-age Snake, just unrepresented in tournament play right now.

With that said, however, I think Pac-Man can be a very formidable opponent in the future once the Pac-Mains explore him even more than we already have.

According To Keikaku

Smash Rookie
NNID
berdvan
3DS FC
5258-1034-2355
I'd say Villager isn't underrated since most good players can easily adapt to the patterns that a lot of villagers do. Of course, higher-level villagers will mix it up, but even then, there's a reason you see characters like Sheik, Pikachu, Rosa, Luigi, and ZSS show up in top 10 at tournaments, and that reason is that those characters tend to deal with projectiles easily.

SPoitter

Interior Crocodile Aligator
My character G&W is under used because he has a lot of problems, he can't approach very well and can't kill certain weights without a hard read or a gimp, plus G&W dies to the stupidest things lol

Top Bottom