• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell Me Why YOUR Main is Underrated or Viable

Do You Think That Your Main is Underrated?

• Total voters

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
I feel Donkey Kong is a bit underated. His ding-dong combo is aboslutely insane and can combo out of the cargo throw with n-airs and f-airs. He also has in my opinion one of the best back airs in the game. It has almost no lag a is a great tool for gimping. The Up-B has super armor at the start and can interupt other moves. Great character and should be used more.

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
Why do you think Jiggs is bad? I always considered her about middle of the pack. It can't just be the light weight.
Well Jigglypuff is very very VERY slow, dies super quick, no combo throw, no kill throw and can't approach to well. Rest is hard to pull off in this game and she can't combo well either. Yea I say bottom 10.

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
Well, 'Lancer, I've agreed with you a heck of a lot over these years, but I HAVE to disagree on Roy. He's a fantastic rushdown character with quite a few options. Maybe it's just how I play him, but he feels like a cross between Sheik and Falcon, only with a sword. He's got great air speed, good approach options, and tilts that can kill. Tilts, for goodness sake!
So yeah, I don't know why you don't like him, but he's one my mains, and not just because of 'teh ph1r3.'
Well his dash attack isnt really safe and up-b well.... isnt too good at recovery. On top of that there are literally like almost no roy players placing high at all and no throw combos and little combo potential. Yea he is overated as heck

_BETA_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pootyromano
:4drmario:is a great character.

Because when you go up against the doc

He doesn't perscribe pain relievers
:^]

Also his combo game is legendary

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Honestly, I think :4charizard: is pretty underrated. Sure, he's not exactly top-tier material, but he's definitely better than Dedede in neutral because of his quick aerials and powerful moves. Sure, he's heavy; but then again Zard excels at keeping his foes up close and in range of his attacks. His only glaring flaws are the landing lag on his aerials and maybe his weight and recovery; and custom moves definitely help his recovery. He's absolutely a mid-tier character, not among the likes of Zelda and Default!Palutena. :p Bengal's 'Zard is proof of how good Charizard can be.

He's pretty quick on the ground. His jabs are great and his tilts are quite good. His NAir is honestly one of the best for a heavy; it's quick and reliable for neutral and also lets you set up for other aerials. FAir is great for edgeguarding and does good damage for it's speed. BAir is great at stagespikes and edgeguarding and DAir is one of the fastest spikes in the game and is reliable to work with. His grab is great OOS and it's quick even when using the standing grab. He has both a combo throw (D-Throw) and a kill throw (U-Throw), too.

Neutral Special is a good spacing tool and can rack up damage quite well, Up Special is a great kill move and can be set up in multiple ways, Side Special is one of the strongest specials in the game in terms of raw power and can also is a great shield break option, and with Dragon Rush you get not only a good combo tool but also a boost to your recovery and survivability since DR doesn't cause self-damage like Flare Blitz does, meaning using it multiple times has no drawbacks. Down Special is good at shield pressure and also gives you super armor, which is pretty great.

Charizard is by no means a bad character; in fact, he's honestly one of the best heavies in the game. He does have some trouble with characters like Shiek and ZSS, but those are at worst 30/50 in their favor, not total domination. Zard is underused and so his meta isn't developing, thus why people see him as underwhelming.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Ganon is severely underrated. Tech chases, hits like a nuke and every aerial off stage is lethal.

This isn't brawl, and the dark lord mocks you for underestimating him.

As for doc, those ARE true combo's.

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
nairo's doc at MLG made us think twice about docs viability I guess. #forgloryboyz

But seriously, I think shulk is very underused and underrated. many people sleep on him because they haven't even figured out his gimmick on the monado arts. Sure he has bad frame data on Aireals, but MALLC can help that a bit. He isn't top 20, but he could be 30th-25th

Top Bottom