• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Taubsi / North half of WI thread.

Quaz

Smash Master
...MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

c'mon guys, I win, you know it!

anyways spikes andrew still wants to go to, can he still pitch in with us? he's the only friend of mine I plan to bring

and yes if you guys want I can house you all this coming friday night =) then we could leave the coming saturday

xtra the tourney is on this saturday the 23rd

Quaz

Smash Master
haha it was when we almost crashed into some car on the way home from smym... then the car beeped their horn at us.. so figured the person in the car was screamin "F*CKIN DRUNK ***!" good times lol

awe sorry you can't make it xtra.. I havent played you in forever now =\

Xtra

Smash Ace
haha it was when we almost crashed into some car on the way home from smym... then the car beeped their horn at us.. so figured the person in the car was screamin "F*CKIN DRUNK ***!" good times lol

awe sorry you can't make it xtra.. I havent played you in forever now =\
its a sad thing. parctice up on them ganzies. now i know u have a hard time with em......and thats bad.....

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Yeah the story with that was, right outside of SMYM I missed a stop sign cause I was so tired, and I realized at the last second that I missed it, so I hit the brakes. It wasn't really in time though, so I was stopped in the middle of the intersection. There was a car in the intersecting road that looked like it was going too fast to stop (cause his road didn't have to stop) so I decided I was far enough that I could gun it through. But what I didn't realize was that when I stopped, the gamecube that the guys in the back were playing on fell forward from the center console, hitting my shift stick and putting me in neutral. So this car is barrelling towards us and all I'm doing is revving the engine. After a well-placed "OH ****", I shifted back into drive and sped away. I didn't even hear the other car's honk or see if they slowed down, but that was pretty **** scary. Then like 2 miles outside of Quaz's house some guy was driving on the wrong side of the hgihway. Good times in Quazville...

James Sparrow

Smash Master
hayate you can park your car at my house on friday, then we can go to quaz's that night. that's so cool that quaz can house us, it will make the drives much easier. quaz i love you and i love bing bing.

so i will be taking anyone from steven's point and appleton who wants to come. steve's gonna be taking oshkosh and quaville people. we should remake the list to make sure there's room for everyone.

edit:

TAUBSI:
eighteenspikes
Marth101
DonVitoOR
Quaz
Andrew

Maysvan:
JamesSparrow
Black Hayate
Toecutter
[insert 3rd steven's point guy here]
BlackMeza
Tongji

am i missing people?

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
Well looks like ill be going, mom hasnt agreed but she will let me, so im like 99% shure i can go, so yeah
i also help with gas and can bring a cube if SGIII needs em, ill check there thread now, peace

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i suppose i should post something about that... i guess it's assumed that if you're taking a ride from either steve or i that you will pitch in your fair share for gas... that will, of course, be less for quaz and andrew since they're going less distance, but we'll figure that out. just making sure that there aren't any people who refuse to pay their share because they "didn't think they had to"

Quaz

Smash Master
hey gotta bring something about this friday (housing at my place) ... if we really HAVE to do it we will.. but my parents would prefer that we found somewhere else/wait until sat morn to pick me up.. because my parents wanna prepare for christmas and have the house clean, since saturday my parents work, sunday we are not home, monday we are having visitors.

so if we DID do it at my place.. could we uhh.. try not to be so messy? (that includes cleaning up after ourselves before we leave... ) we can atleast do it for bing bing :)

otherwise we could change this to steve's sister's house... right steve? lol

and Im pretty sure 10 people is the maximum for everyone coming (I counted) I dont think anymore could house at my place IF that would be the place for the night

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
i suppose i should post something about that... i guess it's assumed that if you're taking a ride from either steve or i that you will pitch in your fair share for gas... that will, of course, be less for quaz and andrew since they're going less distance, but we'll figure that out. just making sure that there aren't any people who refuse to pay their share because they "didn't think they had to"
I'll prolly pitch in around 10-15 to 20 dollars for gas if im going with steve, which i think i am, yeah looks right, well yeah.... cool, oh yeah also, when are we going to leave on Friday?

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i'm going to be leaving at about 6 o clock, or maybe sooner if everyone gets to my house on time. Tongji, Meza do you need my address? i'll pm it to you if you do. Gary and Kevin know that they have to be at my house by then, so just gotta make sure with Tongji and Meza

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Smashing Grounds 3

Double posting because this thread needs the bump being that we're leaving tomorrow.

Here's how things are panning out in my perspective:

11:00 AM Wake up and do laundry, get sleeping bag, get TV ready to go, call Meza and Tongji to see how they're going to fit into the schedule
1:00 PM Go Christmas shopping for a bit
3:00 Hayate and TJ get done with school and begin driving from Point to Appleton with a cube.
4:15 Hayate and TJ arrive at the Fox River Mall and shop for ladies underwear together
5:30ish Hayate and TJ arrive at my house with their cube and proceed to load their cube and/or sleeping bags etc into Heath Maysphan (my van).
5:35ish Gary, TJ, and myself depart from my house and go to Oshkosh to pick up Ethan "Gay" Grier.
6:05 Arrive at Ethan "Gay" Grier's household and proceed to load Ethan's cube into Heath Maysphan.
6:10 Depart from Oshkosh (Maybe we should meet up at Ethan's house Steve?) and go south on highway 41 until we get to wherever we're picking up Meza.
8:00-9:00 (Depending on stops and crap) Arrive at la casa de Bing Bing in Kenosha, unload sleeping materials and setups if wanted. Quaz, what's your address btw..?

*PLAY SMASH AND SLEEP*
...and maybe some ppl too

9:00 AM Wake the f*ck up.
10:00 Depart Kenosha and go to the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, IL
*Pick up Smash Daddy?*
11:30 or later depending on traffic, getting lost... arrive at the College of DuPage
12:00 PM enter College of DuPage and unload setups/get setup.
No later than 10:00 Depart from College of DuPage and go home.

---

Now, with some updates here's the seating list as I understand it...

Heath Maysphan:
-Me **
-Ethan "Gay" Grier *
-Black Hayate
-Thomas Jefferson
-Tongji??
-1 TV
-2 Cubes
-Sleeping Materials

The Taubsi
-Eighteenspikes
-Don Vito Oh Arr
-Blackmeza
-Cubes?
-TVs?
-Sleeping Materials

We can rethink who sits where after we get to Quazville.

Do not forget to bring Sleeping Materials for Quaz's house. This includes:
-Sleeping bag
-Pillow
-Toothbrush and corresponding paste
-Towel if you are going to shower
-Deodorant whether you shower or not
-A Shower today if you're not going to shower
-More deodorant
-A change of clothes
-Antiperspirant / Deodorant

Everyone remember to bring your conts, (Steve you got me covered with a cont right?).

I hesitate to post this but here's my cell phone number if people want to reach me (though I’ll be checking this thread frantically tomorrow)
428 3040
. I left the area code out for a reason, hopefully it won't get spammed.

Finally, I just ask that EVERYONE do his or her best to cooperate, stay in touch, be ready, and MOST OF ALL be clean at Quaz's house. Quaz's parents have barely agreed to ease our trip by letting us spend the night because it puts their Christmas plans in danger if we're messy. Lets be good guests and clean up after ourselves at Quaz's (or even better not make a mess to begin with). Also when Steve and I go to sleep I ask that no one disturb us, so that we can get enough sleep to drive safely the following day. You don't want to die, neither do we, don't wake us up.

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
Don Vito OR:
1 Cube
1 TV
either 15 or 20 dollars to help with gas
and sleeping materials, all checked

I was thinking it'd be a good idea to just meet up at Ethan's house so it'd be easier for me and such, since im riding with steve, but thats my opinion

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Hey check out what I found today, D33K made a magazine!

You can tell he's the editor-in-chief from the excellent use of grammar......

I found this too:

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Chase I have your controller.

Ethan you owe me gas money (minus money from tolls that you paid and orbit).
Jordan you owe me BK money.

Anyone besides Chase and Ethan want to go with to OMGiggles this weekend with me if I go?

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
I would like to go JS, gotta talk to my mom tho first, ill get you the 5 or 6 dollars then if i go, or give it to ethan, for him to give you and ill give you gas money before i even step into the van/car, because i felt like an ***hole not giving you money at first

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Anyone besides Chase and Ethan want to go with to OMGiggles this weekend with me if I go?
If I go it will probably only be me driving to Steven's Point, where I then would ride with toecutter and hayate. My parents don't want me driving another huge distance so soon.

I suppose this would be a good time to mention this as well: I'm not planning on driving to Huge Johnz, so spikes, can i reserve a spot in the taubsi?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
spikes man, i need a rematch.

you better be coming sir.
sorry, I can't really bring myself to drive so far for modestly-sized or one-day tournaments... I hardly get to play any matches outside of the tourney. At SGIII I played a moneymatch and like 3 friendlies, outside of my 7 tourney matches. I drove 8 hours to be at a tourney for 6 hours and play smash for 1 of them, and I don't want to do that anymore.

If there's an all-weekend or setup-heavy OOS tournament, or if you come up for White5/CC5/HJ5, I'll play you for sure :)

Quaz

Smash Master
does that mean you wouldnt want to drive to my place to get a ride from there on to huge johns spikes? are you even gonna go to those racine tourneys anymore? O_o

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I just wanted to let everyone know......

That I have left the McCrew, and open for drafting.

.....That is all.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
racine is like a 2 hour drive, not a 3 1/2 one, and it's actually fun to play at your house. 3 setups for 7 people > 8 setups for 40 people.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
it's true that it's more fun, but i think playing at big tourny's is definitely better for improving your skills.

quaz did you say just 1 spot or is there more room?

Quaz

Smash Master
we probably could fit one more in the back with us (3 in the back and 2 in the front) but let me talk to andrew about it more first.. we alteast dont need to bring TVs (only cubes) as they have claimed they dont need anymore TVs (which is good I assume).

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Chase and I were discussing a fest possibly this weekend. Would others be interested? (this is if we don't go to huge johnz and we probably won't.)

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
I know Igor Would be interested, Igor likes fests, Igor also has a a little birdie in his head, which makes hmmm, umm, nvm, stupid 3rd person, but i know id be interested

Top Bottom