• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I will say that Smash 4 got 7 characters and 10 stages as DLC throughout it's life.

Granted 3 of those characters and all but 4 of those stages were old stuff getting ported but still there's precident that things may not stop at the pass.

Even if we just get Pac-Maze back...

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well, since all of Smash 4's DLC came in about 2 years, I have some doubts about Sakurai adding more DLC after the 2 years of the first wave. Plus, I don't have faith in Nintendo stopping their lazy skinflint ways enough to give more funding to Smash DLC or even have Sakurai hire more staff to finish the content sooner.
Except, Smash is making Nintendo serious profit

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well the pack is called dlc pack 1. Why put a number there if it's the only one was my reasoning.
Exactly! You don't make a Season Pass and call a pack a number unless you plan to make more. And oh boi, if we do get more, I'll expect to see two more after the first pack. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, is the whole season pass pack 1 or is that just referring to Joker and his related content?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So where is it referred to as pack one?

I checked up on the e-Shop and it doesn't mention packs. Only sets (Joker as set 1 ect, ect.)
Am I missing something?

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 1 pack is 1 character 1 map and up to a few songs per pack for a total of 5 packs for this year. I still think that there will be another season or two of dlc, however. Try not to get discouraged though because with Nintendo it always becomes a waiting game especially for fans like us that want to see specific things happen, like the stars aligning and our character finally making a new appearance in her own franchise. Hopefully we will hear something soon about a new star fox game on the horizon with her back at the forefront of it. Time will tell, maybe this is Krystal’s year, we will see over the next few months if that is the case. Maybe then we may finally see her join the fray in smash because currently what she’s suffering from is relevance which is in no part smashes fault because of her assist trophy status and legend spirit, this at least put her back on the map with nintendo and shows us that they will want to do something significant with her soon. I suppose we shall see in the future what Nintendo truly plans to do with her, but smash has given her a positive future outlook as Sakurai even made her true to her original design with her staff and magic that she seemed to forget in assault and onwards.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hello Krystal fans. Long time, so see. It's been a while. I am here to inform you on a new movement that could help benefit you and other deconfirmed characters a lot. It's called #UpgradeAssists and it's been getting bigger as of late. The idea is that we would bring up arguments as to why that character should be playable or just talking about them with the hashtags #UpgradeAssist and #AssistAlliance. Even if you don't have a Twitter, you can join the server listed below to learn aways of how to push your character. Trust me, I feel this movement should really benefit you alot, and even Krystal's future.

It's a server and Twitter community all about supporting the idea of AT's and deconfirmed characters being promoted to playable or just still talking about them for the future to come. I advise all of you to join this server and help fight for their cause. It could benefit us for future Smashes if we do everything they say. See you all there.

https://discord.gg/pHF5jgf
Hmmm, that does sound interesting. :)

I don't know how likely an AT character would be to becoming playable DLC, but I think it can be done, even if they still have their AT variants, and it wouldn't be that weird; after all, Chrom still appears in Robin's Final Smash even with Chrom as an opponent or ally fighter, and the same goes for Riki and Shulk's FS (I actually tried both scenarios out and got those 2 results confirmed).

Though if Krystal does become playable, what would happen to her AT variant? Would it stay the same, or get replaced by a different character while still having the exact same function and attributes?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There's a precedent for specific Assist Trophies being disabled in certain scenarios (the Moon can't show up on Great Bay, for example) so most of us assumed that they would keep the AT in game, but disable it when they're picked as a playable character.

Technomage

Smash Champion
There's a precedent for specific Assist Trophies being disabled in certain scenarios (the Moon can't show up on Great Bay, for example) so most of us assumed that they would keep the AT in game, but disable it when they're picked as a playable character.
Ah, I didn't know that about the moon; good to know! :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ah, I didn't know that about the moon; good to know! :)
While :ultchrom: has never been a Assist Trophy, he has and still is in :ultrobin:/:ultrobinf:'s Final Smash despite him being a playable character now. So I would call that another nod to the possibility of Assist getting promoted though DLC in this game.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So after Krystal, who else would you guys like to see get promoted? I would love to see Zero, Skull Kid, and Knuckles get promoted after her. But I would also be very happy for anybody elses favorites, especially Isaac so that the Isaac fans can be happy. :)

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
So after Krystal, who else would you guys like to see get promoted? I would love to see Zero, Skull Kid, and Knuckles get promoted after her. But I would also be very happy for anybody elses favorites, especially Isaac so that the Isaac fans can be happy. :)
I don't really care much about other ATs being playable, though I would be interested in Tingle (especially with a moveset that makes me laugh), Lyn, Midna, Phosphora, Tiki, Saki, and Zero get promoted.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I’d like to see Bomberman, Krystal, Isaac, Shadow, and Lyn promoted, in pretty much that order.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
Hmmm, that does sound interesting. :)

I don't know how likely an AT character would be to becoming playable DLC, but I think it can be done, even if they still have their AT variants, and it wouldn't be that weird; after all, Chrom still appears in Robin's Final Smash even with Chrom as an opponent or ally fighter, and the same goes for Riki and Shulk's FS (I actually tried both scenarios out and got those 2 results confirmed).

Though if Krystal does become playable, what would happen to her AT variant? Would it stay the same, or get replaced by a different character while still having the exact same function and attributes?
They could also have Krystal use a design based on Assault while the AT uses her original design.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That’s reminds me, have anyone seen jordansweeto jordansweeto ?

I feel someone like him would really give give Krystal that push for the #AssistAlliance movement. Especially with his big following.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They could also have Krystal use a design based on Assault while the AT uses her original design.
I would prefer to have both, but if we can get our gal than I don't care if she has just one attire. I would gladly take the Assault attire if I had the option to choose between that and the Adventures attire if I couldn't get both.

That’s reminds me, have anyone seen jordansweeto jordansweeto ?

I feel someone like him would really give give Krystal that push for the #AssistAlliance movement. Especially with his big following.
He's a lot more active on Youtube than he is here on Smashboards. Somebody should try to contact him on Youtube, Facebook, or Twitter if they can't manage to on Smashboards. He could be our BKupa666 and lead us to the promised land which is playable status for our gal Krystal. I really believe if he wanted too, with our help he could make Krystal the new K. Rool.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He's a lot more active on Youtube than he is here on Smashboards. Somebody should try to contact him on Youtube, Facebook, or Twitter if they can't manage to on Smashboards. He could be our BKupa666 and lead us to the promised land which is playable status for our gal Krystal. I really believe if he wanted too, with our help he could make Krystal the new K. Rool.
I do have a Youtube, so I will see what I can do. Or maybe try talking with him on his offcial Twitter if possible.

He definitely needs to get on this to help Krystal.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Metroid Prime 4 being cancelled and given back to retro studio's could be a disaster for krystal's chances. I bet they'd pool their crew together to pump this game out. If that's the case, then GP will be finished, or atleast that project might be passed off to someone else and will likely suck then. What a pain, will have to see if the leakers have any information regarding retro's project statuses and hope that they're able to manage multiple active projects.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Metroid Prime 4 being cancelled and given back to retro studio's could be a disaster for krystal's chances. I bet they'd pool their crew together to pump this game out. If that's the case, then GP will be finished, or atleast that project might be passed off to someone else and will likely suck then. What a pain, will have to see if the leakers have any information regarding retro's project statuses and hope that they're able to manage multiple active projects.
Well if the rumors are true, the game was slated for last year's E3 so hopefully GP was held back for additional polish/adding Star Fox 2 characters. Plus with Retro now slated to be working on MP4, they don't have to worry about "wrong project" backlash

Technomage

Smash Champion
Well if the rumors are true, the game was slated for last year's E3 so hopefully GP was held back for additional polish/adding Star Fox 2 characters. Plus with Retro now slated to be working on MP4, they don't have to worry about "wrong project" backlash
What does GP stand for?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>adding Star Fox 2 characters
Here's to hoping there, yeah. 2 has been the most successful SF title in recent memory, so they'd remiss not to acknowledge that, especially since Ultimate strangely doesn't.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If a former Retro employee is to be believed, the game has been in development since 2015, so it was likely almost done

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
The game was not slated for last years e3, Liam figured it'd show up in 2019. Which I'm inclined to believe. Where did you see that?

I didn't know Star Fox had a rumored racing game.

Edit: After learning more about it, if SF GP is gonna be like F-Zro, why not merge the two universes together like SF Command did?
I don't think people would like the only F-Zero game in forever being tacked onto Star Fox, I know I for one have zero interest in F-Zero and don't really want to see it. I can imagine there are f-zero fans that would feel the same. While SF command did have some f-zero stuff, those are more just cameos and references. I think when it comes down to it, Nintendo feels they made the perfect F-Zero game and don't want to make another. Also you can shoot other pilots, which is obviously necessary lol.

If a former Retro employee is to be believed, the game has been in development since 2015, so it was likely almost done
that's like a 4 year development cycle, the game could have been in danger if it was taking that long. I hope it's still good though, truly I do.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The game was not slated for last years e3, Liam figured it'd show up in 2019. Which I'm inclined to believe. Where did you see that?

I don't think people would like the only F-Zero game in forever being tacked onto Star Fox, I know I for one have zero interest in F-Zero and don't really want to see it. I can imagine there are f-zero fans that would feel the same. While SF command did have some f-zero stuff, those are more just cameos and references. I think when it comes down to it, Nintendo feels they made the perfect F-Zero game and don't want to make another. Also you can shoot other pilots, which is obviously necessary lol.

that's like a 4 year development cycle, the game could have been in danger if it was taking that long. I hope it's still good though, truly I do.
Well there were rumors of it been shown at 2018's E3 but that could have been the Telephone game in effect.

And a 4 year development cycle isn't too bad on a game being built from the ground up given that they'd need to design a racer with 3 dimensions of movement. Though it shouldn't have taken the whole studio to do that.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I didn't know Star Fox had a rumored racing game.

Edit: After learning more about it, if SF GP is gonna be like F-Zro, why not merge the two universes together like SF Command did?
Fun fact: ...that wasn't the first time.

Fox's dad, James, has a "humanized" version of himself as a racer in F-Zero. Has since X. It's pretty weird. F-Zero did a few weird pseudo cameos in it's past, tbf.

So yeah, Star Fox was cameoing in F-Zero before F-Zero was cameoing in Star Fox... unless there's some weird cameo I've never heard of that appeared in the original Star Fox.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Fun fact: ...that wasn't the first time.

Fox's dad, James, has a "humanized" version of himself as a racer in F-Zero. Has since X. It's pretty weird. F-Zero did a few weird pseudo cameos in it's past, tbf.

So yeah, Star Fox was cameoing in F-Zero before F-Zero was cameoing in Star Fox... unless there's some weird cameo I've never heard of that appeared in the original Star Fox.
Don't forget about :ultrob:, who not only has a Lylatian version of himself in Star Fox 64, but also showed up in the F-Zero series in one of its tracks, and even shows up as a boss in Wario Ware: Smooth Moves' Star Fox-themed microgame.

Even if we just get Pac-Maze back...
Honestly? That's all I would ask for. Well, that and Woolly World.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't forget about :ultrob:, who not only has a Lylatian version of himself in Star Fox 64, but also showed up in the F-Zero series in one of its tracks, and even shows up as a boss in Wario Ware: Smooth Moves' Star Fox-themed microgame.

Honestly? That's all I would ask for. Well, that and Woolly World.
And Rainbow Road. Those 3 stages are the main ones.

Pokefloats, I'm not sure if it'd be the classic or a Pokefloats 2 with more generations on display

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
As long as they don't ruin it with OP hazards like Flatzone 2 and Pokemon Stadium 2, I'd be down for a new Poke Floats.
Necrozma steals the arena's light, so nobody can see a blasted thing.

Stage banned

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Well a Nintendo Direct is on in 5 hours.

Maybe we'll see that Star Fox racing game that's been rumored? 35 minutes for the show so unless they spend 30 yabbering on about who will be the best Waifu in Three Houses there's a good chance.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...r_fox_racing_game_rumour_is_doing_another_lap
I'm betting on it, Vergeben came out and said it's there, I think ron cartright (GameXplain) and Emily Rogers have said similiar things, it's gonna show this time, I'm almost certain.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm betting on it, Vergeben came out and said it's there, I think ron cartright (GameXplain) and Emily Rogers have said similiar things, it's gonna show this time, I'm almost certain.
The question then (if we take their word as gospel) is if the cast will be more than the 8 of Star Fox and Star Wolf from 64.

I hope not. Krystal, Miya and Fay deserve their due.
Even if sticking to SF4, I'd hope we'd at least get Kat and Bill in there too.

Top Bottom