• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Team Spooky Shouldn't Stream Apex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djdkdjdkdjdk

Smash Rookie
So just now Team Spooky turned the chat to sub only because after D1 asked "is Fox a dog" everyone started spamming FrankerZ. The thing is, this happens in numerous other channels, someone makes a mistake and people spam about it, the thing is, its not nonstop, it stops for a while. Those channels don't make it sub only because of spam, they deal with it in a way that doesn't punish everyone. Also, instead of making the chat sub only, they could've just timed out the people spamming. This is an extremely unprofessional reaction, all they had to do was time out/ban the spammers and or mod more people, then this problem would've been solved. If anything, make it so that you can only post a message every 1-2 minutes. Its sad how they are too lazy to deal with the issue. Should've had Clash Tournaments or another professional stream to stream Apex 2014 melee. When there is over 20,000+ people viewing a stream, theres bound to be spam, and this is a sad way to deal with the issue. For the record, I wasn't spamming nor was I even talking in the chat, I just find the chat funny and its really sad how they just take it away from everyone.

TLDR - Team Spooky shouldn't be the ones streaming Apex Melee considering how lazy they reacted to spam, instead of modding people or banning people, they just take the chat away from everyone. Next time, let a more professional stream stream Apex Melee, like Clash Tournaments.

charade501

Smash Rookie
Seems like you watched it anyway.
It's not like you could've had an actual conversation in the midst of 30,000 people - even if there is a one minute delay between messages.

They did a fine job.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
People care about the chat room? Precisely zero coherent discussion goes on in there. Team Spooky did exactly the right thing.

ThisIsNotJake

Smash Rookie
Sp00ky streamed brawl while another streamer refused to. IMO sp00ky saved apex and had very high quality streaming for the entirety of the weekend

Revven

FrankerZ
And FYI, sp00ky usually has sub-only on for any tournament he streams because of how bad the chat can get. You're absolutely lucky he didn't have it on the whole weekend. A few hours of sub-only really kills you that much, enough to not have him stream another Smash tournament? You, OP, are nuts.

The hyperbole is real.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Dude, OP, please don't even, there were a lot of other problems with chat, don't get all uppity about one tiny thing.
There were tons of people trash-talking FGC, Smash, eachother, etc.
My hype was nowhere near killed when I was watching the matches without free chat.
Smash had a great showing, and Sp00ky did a great job. I might not have agreed with his choice to make sub-only, but I was pleasantly surprised that the subs were incredibly respectful, and that one jerk who was trashtalking Smash (Brawl I think?) got outright banned.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
ROFL @ salty n00bs being mad they can't spam FrankerZ. Nobody gives a **** about the chat, and Sp00ky was trying to keep it professional. If he doesn't want to have to deal with people posting stupid copypasta about how Mang0 was arrested/dead, or endless ******** about "lol brawl sucks, when's melee?", then he has every right to turn sub mode on. That's one of the perks you get for subbing to him.

Just watch the stream, who gives a crap about chat? People watching football at home don't get mad because they have no chat full of Kappa faces to look at. If you're watching smash streams for the chat, you are entirely missing the point.

MattNF

Smash Lord
spooky seemed like he didn't even care about the game or its fans, considering he even called it "super smash bros 64 finals". Telling the chat to be quiet is like telling the crowd at apex not to get hype.

Let an actual smash bros streamer stream it next time, like clash or vgbootcamp.

Revven

FrankerZ
spooky seemed like he didn't even care about the game or its fans, considering he even called it "super smash bros 64 finals". Telling the chat to be quiet is like telling the crowd at apex not to get hype.

Let an actual smash bros streamer stream it next time, like clash or vgbootcamp.
Dude was mad tired. You try streaming for 3 days straight with over like 9 games constantly swapping out all weekend long *AND* even with a SUPER BEHIND schedule. Streaming is not as easy as you may think. Don't give him **** for the amount of effort he puts into his craft.

Stay salty.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Dude was mad tired. You try streaming for 3 days straight with over like 9 games constantly swapping out all weekend long *AND* even with a SUPER BEHIND schedule. Streaming is not as easy as you may think. Don't give him **** for the amount of effort he puts into his craft.

Stay salty.
Don't get me wrong. I'm really grateful for his work in streaming these crazy matches.

I just got the impression of disrespect for the Smash community, which unfortunately is a common thing among FGC players.

Revven

FrankerZ
Don't get me wrong. I'm really grateful for his work in streaming these crazy matches.

I just got the impression of disrespect for the Smash community, which unfortunately is a common thing among FGC players.
It's not disrespect. The man said he wanted to go home at one point because he was so tired and everything -- but you know what he said after that? He said that the people (the players) at the tournament are here for the game and that's what kept him streaming it (everything, actually) and losing that feel of wanting to go home. He is selfless and actually has gone on record saying Smash is cool.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
sub chat for a melee tournament on a channel that doesn't regularly stream melee doesnt make sense, 99% of people with an interest in melee wont want to sub just to talk for the one tournament.

but props to spooky just the same.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
Spooky is the hardest working man in the FGC and runs some of the highest quality streams you'll find. We should be honored that he worked himself so hard for Apex. You guys need to show some respect.

Bears_x

Smash Rookie
I 100% disagree.

Sp00ky did an amazing job with the stream. All the gear was professional and he did a perfect job with the chat. TWO WARNINGS, he gave the chat. They abused it. It's not fair to subs who pay money to have a useless chat. I was happy to see it be sub only(not a sub to sp00ky) and actual have some decent conversations on the side. Don't get me wrong, seeing some hype in the chat is awesome, but 3 minutes of dog spam and nazi flags gets really old. I honestly wish more smash streams would do this. I subbed to VGBC just to give GimR some money for how well he has been doing, but I'd like to have a chat along with the stream.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
His work was some of the highest quality I've ever seen for a Smash stream. I'm really thankful that he worked so hard for 3 days straight. Zero issues.

The constant Salt spam, Brawl flaming, Kappa faces and "Mango being arrested" was something I think I can live without.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
<3 Spooky's stream. 8way lagged so much for me w/ a much lower viewer count than Spooky ended up having. Even during melee's peak it only lagged the same. Otherwise it was less.

Bears_x

Smash Rookie
His work was some of the highest quality I've ever seen for a Smash stream. I'm really thankful that he worked so hard for 3 days straight. Zero issues.

The constant Salt spam, Brawl flaming, Kappa faces and "Mango being arrested" was something I think I can live without.
Are you sure man?

Those constant ejaculating ***** flying by on screen made for some real nice discussion.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Spooky ran the most efficient and professional stream possible this weekend. As someone who is familiar with him for all of his FGC streaming career, I just want to put my two cents in and say "Hell. No."

I want him back for Apex 2015. Losing the chat is whatever when the production values are that high.

MEGABUS

Smash Rookie
I thought the stream was great. Also he did make it so you could only post every 60 seconds but there was still absurd amounts of spam.

Djdkdjdkdjdk

Smash Rookie
Seems like you watched it anyway.
It's not like you could've had an actual conversation in the midst of 30,000 people - even if there is a one minute delay between messages.

They did a fine job.
I closed the stream, I refuse to watch content produced by such an unprofessional, shady organization.
As for them doing a fine job, they didn't.

Someone is salty about not being able to see a spammy chat room.

Amazing. I have seen everything now.
I'm not salty at all, I'm just angry and upset that he put it on sub only since he was lazy.

Chat on twitch isn't about having coherent or intelligent discussions, it's about building and maintaining hype.
I somewhat agree with this. If the chat has over 10k++ viewers, the chat brings hype etc. If it has less than 1000 viewers than you can have a coherent and intelligent discussion.

And FYI, sp00ky usually has sub-only on for any tournament he streams because of how bad the chat can get. You're absolutely lucky he didn't have it on the whole weekend. A few hours of sub-only really kills you that much, enough to not have him stream another Smash tournament? You, OP, are nuts.

The hyperbole is real.
No, I'm unlucky we had a horrible team streaming Apex, so horrible and lazy that they just turn it on to sub only rather than actually putting in the work to mod people and ban each and every single one of the spammers. If they love their fans so much they wouldn't take the chat away from all(large majority) of them.

ROFL @ salty n00bs being mad they can't spam FrankerZ. Nobody gives a **** about the chat, and Sp00ky was trying to keep it professional. If he doesn't want to have to deal with people posting stupid copypasta about how Mang0 was arrested/dead, or endless *****ing about "lol brawl sucks, when's melee?", then he has every right to turn sub mode on. That's one of the perks you get for subbing to him.

Just watch the stream, who gives a crap about chat? People watching football at home don't get mad because they have no chat full of Kappa faces to look at. If you're watching smash streams for the chat, you are entirely missing the point.
If he wanted to keep it professional he wouldn't be lazy and just turn on sub-only. Also, he's literally giving a warning to over 25k+ people, just a mere 100 kids spamming could ruin it for the rest of the 24,900. Thats a pathetic and lazy way of dealing with things. I'm never going to watch this Sp00ky brat ever again.

I agree, VGBC or Clash Tournaments should've streamed it.

Stay salty.
Streaming is extremely easy, he wasn't doing everything alone, are you kidding me? He had plenty of people helping him, give them credit. Stop riding him.

Spooky is the hardest working man in the FGC and runs some of the highest quality streams you'll find. We should be honored that he worked himself so hard for Apex. You guys need to show some respect.
No he isn't. You have VGBC | GIMR and other hard workers. I am actually ashamed we had this clown streaming it, Clash Tournaments or VGBC should've streamed it. I'm not showing respect to someone who is so lazy that he would just turn the chat into sub mode instead of dealing with the issue. Not to mention all the people out of the Smash community who had to witness some random guy toying with the community. Giving a warning to over 25,000+ people expecting EVERYONE to listen.

Instead of being lazy and turning on sub chat he could've just said a warning saying "anyone else who spams will be permanently banned from the chat" and proceeded to permanently ban the spammers. Its not hard, a lot of professional streams I see handle it exactly that way. Well, they usually ban for 2-5 minutes and perma-ban repeat offenders. If you look at professional streams in League of Legends or Dota 2 that have over 75,000+ views, they're not lazy, they take care of it the way it should be done.

I 100% disagree.

Sp00ky did an amazing job with the stream. All the gear was professional and he did a perfect job with the chat. TWO WARNINGS, he gave the chat. They abused it. It's not fair to subs who pay money to have a useless chat. I was happy to see it be sub only(not a sub to sp00ky) and actual have some decent conversations on the side. Don't get me wrong, seeing some hype in the chat is awesome, but 3 minutes of dog spam and nazi flags gets really old. I honestly wish more smash streams would do this. I subbed to VGBC just to give GimR some money for how well he has been doing, but I'd like to have a chat along with the stream.
Two warning to the chat? He gave warnings to have 25,000+ people, do you honestly expect EVERYONE to listen? Atleast 100-200 people were spamming, does it make any sense to punish 25,000+ people because 100-200 people are children who love to spam? DO YOU HONESTLY expect the entire 25,000+ people to be mature? Are you serious? The subs AREN'T paying for the chat, they are paying to support their streamer.

Are you sure man?

Those constant ejaculating ***** flying by on screen made for some real nice discussion.
Just perma-ban them, its not hard, its not hard to get moderators to mod the chat. If he can't do that he shouldn't be streaming.

Spooky is that dude. Hop off it. He's a beast, and his stream is amazing
Spooky isn't a beast, he's a human being who doesn't know how to run a stream.

@OP: Who the hell watches Smash streams for the chat?
I don't watch it for the chat are you serious? I was watching the stream for Super Smash Brothers, I would've rather had some person record the matches with a horrible camera than Spooky. The chat adds hype and it can be funny sometimes. All he did was strip all of that away and make the Smash community look horrible to the people tuning in who have never seen Smash before.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Why are you people even giving this moron the time of day? Let this thread vanish into the obscure dimensions of a Brony's anus like it was originally destined to do.

Bears_x

Smash Rookie
CBA to quote but where you watching the chat? The chat was literally at least 50 messages a second. The chat was just useless spam and NOTHING else.

Only people enjoying it where the spammers. Sub only at least some people got to enjoy the chat. I'd MUCH rather prefer a separate sub only chat but sp00ky was well within his right to stop all the crap. With Smash trying to become a bit more professional, I don't think the idea of a spammed chat filled with nazi flags, knobs and large text crap looks good. What if the sponsors see that and then decide they no longer want to support? That's why there is censoring for the commentators, I think that chat should also have to be at least somewhat mature. You are just taking the great stream sp00ky put together for granted and being salty about the most useless stuff.

"Spooky isn't a beast, he's a human being who doesn't know how to run a stream."

Honestly this better be a troll or else I'm actually feeling embarrassed for you.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
I thought spooky did a great job, especially with the com cam, that looks hella pro

I thought the names of players should be at the bottom not at the top but that's one tiny tiny complaint

I got permanent banned from CT chat for posting one yoshi text face thing ( and only one!) after aMSa won so screw CT

Spooky > CT

Bears_x

Smash Rookie
I thought spooky did a great job, especially with the com cam, that looks hella pro

I thought the names of players should be at the bottom not at the top but that's one tiny tiny complaint

I got permanent banned from CT chat for posting one yoshi text face thing ( and only one!) after aMSa won so screw CT

Spooky > CT
Spam is spam.

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
Streaming is extremely easy, he wasn't doing everything alone, are you kidding me? He had plenty of people helping him, give them credit. Stop riding him.
Spooky isn't a beast, he's a human being who doesn't know how to run a stream.
Oh look, an entitled child who just discovered streaming a couple months ago.

almostdaft

Smash Rookie
NNID
skmaynard
3DS FC
4914-3142-0794
Spooky was my choice of Stream for the finals. I felt like I was given what content I came for and given it in a professional manner--nothing more, nothing less. Regardless of whatever constitutes "shady" to you, it is Spooky's stream. It's not your chat log to spam up and it's certainly not your stream to call the shots for.

If he wants a sub-only chat, give him the freedom of having a sub-only chat. Don't like it? Get out. Simple.

Also,
I somewhat agree with this. If the chat has over 10k++ viewers, the chat brings hype etc. If it has less than 1000 viewers than you can have a coherent and intelligent discussion.

Take a hint when they are this many people disagreeing with you.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Just gonna say if Floe came on stream on sp00ky and the chat spammed DansGame he wouldn't put it in sub mode.

The chat was hardly any more "intelligent" because of sub mode, if I wanted intelligent discussion I wouldn't be looking in a Twitch chat lmao

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
who the heck uses the chat for big tournaments? I would rather be worried about the quality of the stream itself, which sp00ky did a fantastic job of doing.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Sp00ky is the best in the business. people are really complaining that he made his chat sub only? really?

you could have just used nycfurby poverty chat anyways if you cared THAT much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom