• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
welp, need to re-do the whole team page for highlander again. lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The Scattergun is always better than the Shortstop.
Only if you run in point blank range. The shortstop is much better for close-mid range, not to mention faster reload.

Picked up a Strange Mad Milk, so now I need another nametag to rename it (Old Mad Milk was renamed Mad Mic. So witty, eh?) Anyone got one for trade?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'll keep my eye out for one.

I've also been renaming my stuff. The main reason is so that I don't sell it off. I've got the unfortunate habit of selling virtually anything, so I end up without essential items or my favorite hats. So I've started giving my items a Bastion-theme. I named my Festive Flamethrower the "Flame Bellows", my vintage Homewrecker the "Cael Hammer", vintage Huntsman "Breaker's Bow", and so on.

Oh and that Geisha Boy "Medic-chan"

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Only if you run in point blank range. The shortstop is much better for close-mid range, not to mention faster reload.
So why exactly aren't you running in point blank? The Scattergun is the most powerful close combat weapon, ignoring all the weapon upgrades, and you pick up insane overheal just from picking up cash. Let's throw on some better movement speed and tell me why you'd rather use the Shortstop. If you are going to use the Shortstop, you may as well finish the set, since I'm assuming the +25 HP / various polycount bonuses still apply.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you are going to use the Shortstop, you may as well finish the set, since I'm assuming the +25 HP / various polycount bonuses still apply.
I do and it does.

The reason I don't run in melee-range is that they actually hit you when you're in melee range. Speed or no, if you mob dive for cash, you still die, unless the wave's mostly dead, in which case, you'd still be avoiding getting into melee range, just grabbing the cash and running.

I'm pretty sure I just used up my comma quotient for the week in that sentence.

M@v

Subarashii!
actually the force of nature is stronger per shot than the scattergun because of more pellets. But you only get 2 shots per clip. in mvm, just upgrade it and you get the puahback ability too.

:phone:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I do and it does.

The reason I don't run in melee-range is that they actually hit you when you're in melee range. Speed or no, if you mob dive for cash, you still die, unless the wave's mostly dead, in which case, you'd still be avoiding getting into melee range, just grabbing the cash and running.

I'm pretty sure I just used up my comma quotient for the week in that sentence.
Then I guess I'm just really bad at Scout, running right into enemies with 400+ HP, mauling them with the Scattergun, and going right back up to 400HP from the money drops if I got hurt.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Do you need 6 Tour of Duty Tickets to do the full 6 mission tour in hopes of acquiring a strange BK weapon in the end?

:phone:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yes you do.

On a side note, finished my 3rd tour with a stupid *** knife. -_-

But I did make a nice bit of profit. I bought a Bubbling Big Country for a BMOC earlier (paid 20 keys for the BMOC). Sold the BMOC for a bud + dirty Teufort kickers + Crate 40. Opened the crate and got a sapper. I can get 27 for the buds easy, so that's a 17 key profit excluding the kickers which I may keep.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I play on a Saxton Hale mode server almost exclusively. If I'm in TF2, I'm likely there.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I also play on and admin a Saxton Hale/Freak Fortress server called TFF: 64.94.100.79:27015 I'm one of the two developers there.

It's also where me, Ulises, John2k4, and sometimes others (Mav/Colaya/Tery/Krynxe) play as well.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I play exclusively for 6's games, whether they be pickup games, scrims, or league matches. You may spot me pubstomping with some 6's friends every once in a while.

M@v

Subarashii!
I also play on and admin a Saxton Hale/Freak Fortress server called TFF: 64.94.100.79:27015 I'm one of the two developers there.

It's also where me, Ulises, John2k4, and sometimes others (Mav/Colaya/Tery/Krynxe) play as well.
These are the only hale servers I play on. Best ones IMO.

JUST FIX BISON'S RAGE ALREADY =3. Its the only serious balance issue right now imo. Bison's awesome and hes fun to fight, and all his other stats are fine. Its just that dumb, dumb rage D=. Its worse than bonk boy's and chozo's were when they insta-killed.

Also, grinded an entire tour of MvM last night with col and 101 and some others we met the first couple games. Got a crapton of items and a botkilller sticky launcher(willing to sell it!).

Went almost all scout, favorite loadout for mvm is force a nature, milk, fan of war.

Heatmaker sniper is fun in mvm too.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
JUST FIX BISON'S RAGE ALREADY =3. Its the only serious balance issue right now imo. Bison's awesome and hes fun to fight, and all his other stats are fine. Its just that dumb, dumb rage D=. Its worse than bonk boy's and chozo's were when they insta-killed.
I've been trying to convince Steve and Squirrel to put in the original idea which is he can fly similar to noclip (but still runs into objects) for 10 seconds and is ubered for 3 seconds.

Having a rage that is an automatic kill on someone, as well as the fact that the rage itself is glitchy enough (there were 7 people left on vsh_farm_feud, all scattered about not near each other, and once Hale raged, it killed all of them!) is not fun lol

Someone also suggested

Upon pressing G, Bison has uber and moves at a faster speed (maybe BFB speed or AppleJack speed), but cannot attack normally. What happens is that Bison has something like an 8-10 second timer to explode (ending the rage) so he'd have that time to get to a preferable explosion area, OR he can explode earlier if he's in a good spot to explode by pressing right click. It would make the rage a bit more sensible AND it would look a lot more like the actual move from Street Fighter.

M@v

Subarashii!
^I like that better than the idea I had lol. Also it could be countered.

My idea was that he could something where he instant teleports like now, but instead of instantly blowing up, scares everyone around him then blows up in like 3 to 5 seconds, giving the scared players time to attempt to wiggle away out of the radius. Or a nearby pyro, FaN scout, or sentry that didn't get stunned could save the day.

You could use the equalizer kill taunt as the animation, as that would be a good amount of time between TP and explosion. So in short:

Bison rages and randomly Tps to someone. That person and everyone in a set radius (i dont know what a good size would be, have to test) goes into scared mode. Bison is immobile and immediately starts the equalizer taunt kill animation when he Tps, them when the animation ends, boom.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Oops, mah bad. Haha. I don't know that I see you on Steam, add me at UAHandorin and we can work something out.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Bison rages and randomly Tps to someone. That person and everyone in a set radius (i dont know what a good size would be, have to test) goes into scared mode. Bison is immobile and immediately starts the equalizer taunt kill animation when he Tps, them when the animation ends, boom.
Problem with teleporting is that it works like HHH's or Bonk Boy's, where Hale is stuck inside a player, and must kill them to get out. With the fly or explode idea, it isn't an auto-kill :p

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If anybody has any tags, I'm buying nametags for 1 ref and desc. tags for .66 each.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
yz50 is GOD
"Was." Don't kid yourself, Yz50 put in a mediocre performance at the S10 LAN, and he's been improving / returning to form ever since but he's not as good as he once was. Maybe he'll get there, now that he can probably attend another LAN and is playing with one of the most legendary Scouts in the game.

So apperantly LG lost clockwork... (but becoming yz50's scout partner :D) Tery, what do you think will happen to LG after this?
Incoming wall of text.

Classic Mixup: LG was easily the one team who could keep Mixup in check (see: i46) and now they have lost one of their two carries / most powerful pieces. Without Clockwork and b4nny tearing things apart, Mixup will have a much easier time with LG and subsequently the rest of the teams. Think of it this way, Ruwin / Enigma were on equal footing to Clockwork / Cyzer. Now the latter pair has split apart, and while Clockwork / YZ50 may be ridiculously good, it doesn't solve any other team's problem that TLR / Harbleu poop on every other Soldier combo in Invite.

The upcoming LG vs Mixup i46 rematch on Snakewater is no longer of any entertainment / relevance now that Clockwork isn't there.

Leviathan Gaming: Farewell, Clockwork, and thus farewell to 50% of the success of the team. Not sure who will replace him, as longtime backup Bloodsire played in his spot for this week. If it is Bloodsire, it'll be pretty decent sidegrade / slight downgrade, since Bloodsire has more utility in offclassing (brilliant Sniper / Pyro), but has nowhere near the same level of DM and technical skill Clckwrk has. With weaker Scouts, weaker cleanup, and poor Soldiers, they are so much weaker than before. I can't really assess anything until we know who they finalize for second Scout.

Spacewhales: Spacewhales just got two straight upgrades. Mesr has been doing excellent work on Scout but is obviously not Clockwork, and this pair will be quite ridiculous. We are probably going to see a hyperaggressive flank style coming from these two unless one of them strangely decides to play passive. Mesr moving back to Medic is also a complete upgrade as Soup, while also performing admirably so far, is likewise not a Shade / Harbleu / Pyyyour. However, this doesn't solve an ongoing problem - their lack of Soldier production. They've been switching Boomer and Blaze around to see what works but until it happens, Mixup is still out of reach, but LG is definitely a possibility. (Medics are about even, Scouts are about even, Soldiers are better, Demoman is weaker)

---

Oh and Seanbud left the Mighty Ducks, pretty much sealing the team's collapse. Such a shame, this team is the most chill team in Invite, but with both their star players in Lange and Seanbud gone it doesn't seem likely that they'll finish the season.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Always ask Tery about anything regarding NA competitive tf2 because he knows it ^^

Will be interesting to see how everything will pan out

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh god I just noticed I'm getting to the last page in my backpack.

Sure, only 2 slots in right now... but I've gotten there. If I keep getting more ****, I might need an expander soon X_X

John2k4

The End of an Era
Tried to play two MvM games tonight, and all I can say is that the Valve servers for Mann Up mode are garbage. 250-300 ping for the entirety of the first round made getting kills impossible all around. =(

No I wasn't the only one with awful ping; everyone on my team had pretty much the same issue.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah the servers are pretty bad. I'm a Pyro main in MvM so you can imagine how tough it is for me to get kills with the flamethrower.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Always ask Tery about anything regarding NA competitive tf2 because he knows it ^^

Will be interesting to see how everything will pan out
I may have not been around for very long but I do my homework and am extremely analytical. Shame most of you all play Highlander, since I could teach a fair amount on 6's.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I may have not been around for very long but I do my homework and am extremely analytical. Shame most of you all play Highlander, since I could teach a fair amount on 6's.
Can only handle Medic. Can't do effective Soldier/Demo/Scout since my computer isn't fast enough.

Top Bottom