• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
*Shakes fist*

What'd you get?
Trippler's Tricorne for the Demo and the Heavy's Top Knot.

So I've been running around with the basic demoknight build (targe+persian) and it's both hilarious and ridicilous. right now it's still somewhat balanced but once you add the boots it's probably going to be stupid OP
I crafted the full set (minus the hat of course) and it's really good. Like, not in the competitive 6v6 way, but in the imma pubstomp every server I get on kind of way. You're an ambush class that has an easy to land 280 damage combo that you can initiate from a long distance away. If you do get the boots then look up a +right/+left script. The charge barely turns at all if any when you use a mouse, but whatever you have right and left assigned to on the keyboard will make it noticeably turn. If you make a script ingame or just copy pasta one from online into the dev mode that rapidly hits left or right you can do some pretty sharp turns with the booties.

Smart Pyros can really give a Demoknight a world of trouble. Same with FoN Scouts, and Soldiers. Basically classes that can reliably knock you back on with a fast twitch reaction. And Tomislav Heavies, but except Snipers and Spies every class in the game is pretty much countered by a Tomislav heavy. With the Tomislav Heavy you can't kill him in one go, and he can rev up fast enough to kill you before you get in the second slash.

Tommislav/Sandvich/GRU is a dumb loadout. They have just been constantly releasing weapons that take away the classes weaknesses. He still has ~450 dps (as opposed to ~500 with the Minigun) and revs up crazy quickly. It's harder and harder to justify the shotgun on him; before it was great for traveling between points and still packing fire. Now he has such a fast rev up time, and he doesn't have to reload like other classes so a second weapon isn't needed. So now you can just carry a free health pack for you or anyone on your team in need.
The Sandvich is then further justified with the GRU which eliminates the whole "slowest class in the game" thing.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well Valve's gotta get their money from SOMEWHERE

I honestly wish they made Mann Co. Crate Keys a super rare drop or something because paying to open a crate is bull

D

Deleted member

I'm interested in that atomizer, what kind of thing do you want in return?
stuff I have for trade:
backburner, vintage backburner, L'etranger, 2x southern hospitality, scottish resistance, iron fists, gloves of boxing, a gunslinger, pain train and 2 supply crates (lol)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'll trade you for that vintage backburner if you want. I've been looking for one forever

EDIT:

Btw, I have that brass mini-gun for the Heavy. Does anybody have a Natascha or something I can trade for?

D

Deleted member

I kinda want the brass beast but i only have what I mentioned.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I guess I'll take the boxing gloves for the brass beast. Iron Fists suck anyways

And btw I just found a rift promotional code ticket thing for a hat. So if anybody who has Rift and wants the hat or something hit me up or something :/

EDIT:

And Fan O War

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And btw I just found a rift promotional code ticket thing for a hat. So if anybody who has Rift and wants the hat or something hit me up or something :/
Yeah, you get that from killing someone in 5 seconds after using a Teleporter.

Liking that they'r going to be making a second Misc item slot. Means my medic can wear his lighted Beak and his Physicians Mask.

D

Deleted member

played tf2 competitively at release

played again and its a ****ing hat mmo

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I have Riftwalker

Oddly enough, it was easy as hell to get it: teleport, 1 second later your sentry kills someone. lol

D

Deleted member

if you still want to trade those gloves with the brass beast, sounds like a deal

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I want to get the achievements that say the amount of views one of your vids on YouTube have gotten, but I have no idea how to make a good replay. Any advice on the kind of stuff people would watch?

And I figure I should make a list of things I have up for trade seeing as I'm suddenly getting new stuff by the butt load just in case anybody wants:

Frying Pan (promotional item for buying L4D2)
Ellis's Cap (another promotional item for L4D2)
Fists of Steel
The Wrangler
The Blutsauger
The Direct Hit
The Homewrecker
The Degreaser
The Reserve Shooter
Crit-A-Cola
Vintage Bonk! Atomic Punch
The Dalokohs Bar
The Razorback

And then I have like 5 crates. If you want any of this stuff just tell me what you have in exchange

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
The Rift giftcode item isn't tradable since it's an achievement item.

That said, I'd love to get that Reserve shooter. I have a Crusader's Crossbow, backscracther, Direct Hit, or Vintage Sandman. Also have an olive and brown paint.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well Valve's gotta get their money from SOMEWHERE

I honestly wish they made Mann Co. Crate Keys a super rare drop or something because paying to open a crate is bull
Late in replying to this but check out trading servers, often people'll be trading keys for metal.

So I want to get the achievements that say the amount of views one of your vids on YouTube have gotten, but I have no idea how to make a good replay. Any advice on the kind of stuff people would watch?
I'm far from an expert at this (since it seems a popular method of getting hits is to post 'wow that's great check mine' in everyone elses TF2 vids, whihc I don't like) but as for replay content, if you die in a way that just seems weird, save the replay. Somehow I died within a few seconds of a match and after checking the replay later found this (I'm the sniper!)
http://www.youtube.com/user/128thMic#p/a/u/1/mZ64i5idGnE

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmmm

I prefer the Blutsauger way much more than the Crossbow seeing as it's a way for me to fight and gain health consistently, I already have a Backsratcher, I already have a Direct Hit, but I don't have a Sandman. Yeah I guess I could trade you for that

And I got a nametag yesterday from F8AL. Wonder what I should rename my Backburner to :/

And I got new stuff yesterday, updating the list with stuff to trade

EDIT:

Oh thanks for the advice Mic

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
@Fuelbi If any of the crates are #20 or #21 I'd be interested in one.

Aand I have the following up for trade:

Name Tag (x4)
Holy Mackerel
Sandman
Black Box
Half Zatochi
Scottish Resistance
Dead Wringer
Wrangler
Scrap Metals

All the weapons are spares so I'd be happy to trade any of them for any weapon at all.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
@Fuelbi If any of the crates are #20 or #21 I'd be interested in one.

Aand I have the following up for trade:

Name Tag (x4)
Holy Mackerel
Sandman
Black Box
Half Zatochi
Scottish Resistance
Dead Wringer
Wrangler
Scrap Metals

All the weapons are spares so I'd be happy to trade any of them for any weapon at all.
I've got two 20s and a 21

And I guess I could trade for 3 name tags

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Hmmmm

I prefer the Blutsauger way much more than the Crossbow seeing as it's a way for me to fight and gain health consistently, I already have a Backsratcher, I already have a Direct Hit, but I don't have a Sandman. Yeah I guess I could trade you for that
Sounds like a plan, friended you and can pop on any time in the next 50 minutes or so, or later tonight works as well.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Finally saved the metal to craft my haunted metal into a hat and I got the damn ugly skull instead of the Voodoo Juju :(
Like the thing looks ugly on every class but the Voodoo Juju looks great.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone have a Your Eternal Reward? I need one pretty badly for my Spy class and I don't have the necessary stuff to craft one

M@v

Subarashii!
I do. But I'm using it right now. :awesome:
What he said :awesome:

While we are on the topic of spies, enforcer is the best spy gun for sure. It can kill faster than the ambassador when it random crits on a headshot :awesome:

And it's got a surprisingly good punch in regular combat. I've gotten several kills and tons of assists with it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Does anyone have a Your Eternal Reward? I need one pretty badly for my Spy class and I don't have the necessary stuff to craft one
I haven't had any of the new Spy knives drop, just the usual Dead Ringer/Ambasador/Stand-stil-for-regen watch

Finally saved the metal to craft my haunted metal into a hat and I got the damn ugly skull instead of the Voodoo Juju :(
Like the thing looks ugly on every class but the Voodoo Juju looks great.
None of those particularly interested me so figure I'll hang on to the metal. Who knows, might be better hats this year/something to craft with 2 haunted metal.

And I got a nametag yesterday from F8AL. Wonder what I should rename my Backburner to :/
Fuelbi's Fueler?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Speaking of spy stuff, it's pretty silly how effective the Saharan spy set is with a DR with all these players that have no idea what's going on around.

M@v

Subarashii!
My spy loadout:

-Enforcer
-Vintage Cloak and dagger
-Eternal Reward (Renamed Puerto-Rican Penetrator. Props if you know where that's from)
-Vintage Billycock (Also the first hat I ever found besides the ghastly g)

D

Deleted member

Stuff I'm selling:

series 19 crate (2x)
series 20 crate
summer cooler (2x)
Vintage Glengary Bonnet
Vintage Otolaryngologist's mirror
Ellis' cap
Vita-saw
backburner
buff banner

also looking for some of these:
soda popper
liberty launcher
reserve shooter
detonator
powerjack
ali baba's booties
jag
amputator
bazaar bargain
enforcer
kunai

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The stuff I have up:

Frying Pan (promotional item for buying L4D2)
Ellis's Cap (another promotional item for L4D2)
Fists of Steel
The Wrangler
The Blutsauger
The Direct Hit
The Homewrecker
The Degreaser
The Reserve Shooter
Vintage Bonk! Atomic Punch
The Dalokohs Bar
The Razorback
The Southern Hospitality
The Killing Gloves of Boxing
Vintage Huntsman
The Embassador
Vintage Jarate
The Gunslinger
Vintage Natascha

The stuff I want:

Your Eternal Reward
The Liberty Launcher
The Detonator

updated trading list and I'd honestly really like this stuff

D

Deleted member

man I want that reserve shooter but I don't really have anything you want

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'd gladly give you the reserve shooter for the medic's hat

nevermind just realized that's waaaaaaaaaaay to valuable

M@v

Subarashii!
On the topic of name tags, a couple of my favorite names I've seen for weapons:

Don't forget to say "Spy as me" -Eternal reward

Point and click adventure -Sniper rifle

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow man lol

Which reminds me I took up Mics idea and as soon as I changed my Backburner's name, I realized I could've named it El Pollo Loco :c

And M@v you're really annoying as a scout :c

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Fuelbi, not so fond of that offer.

If you've still want the Blackbox Paprika I can trade. What's your steam name?

I'm currently down to 3 name tags. Honestly I'd be willing to give away one to any player here, but I don't really want to give more than one to any person.

Soooo, how about this.

Giving away 3 name tags, first come first serve. I'll assume M@V wants one unless he says otherwise.

Alsooo I've been playing combat medic a lot recently. Maaan it's so terrible but it's so much fun.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yes I want one.

And M@v you're really annoying as a scout :c
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Scout is my second most played class after spy.

If I had to pick my 3 favorite classes, they would be Scout Spy Sniper(no order)

Although honestly, I like playing every class minus medic and engy. I used to play engy all the time, but I got sick of building crap for 5 minutes, only to have an uber roll in as soon as I'm done and demolish everything. Spies were annoying, but bearable.

Top Bottom