• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Australia - Lain/Oats/Havok/Hall Fan Club (July 2 - July 26)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Hmm, since (I assume) we're all sorted for travel/lodging for Genesis, what about Evo and the intermission?

Personally, I'll be doing my own thing for the intermission.

I was hoping to share a room with some Aussies during Evo though, if at all possible (and people don't mind xP); it'd be good to keep some familiar faces close by. :3 What's everyone doing for that?

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
erm Alison and I are sharing a room so we can pretty much have sex the whole time and invite girls back from the topless pool area to hopefully have a 3some with us. but i was only able to secure 1 night in Vegas (as im flying out on the 18th anyway)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
erm Alison and I are sharing a room so we can pretty much have sex the whole time and invite girls back from the topless pool area to hopefully have a 3some with us. but i was only able to secure 1 night in Vegas (as im flying out on the 18th anyway)
thanks for sharing that booker, thats really helpful information.
my trip is going to be so much better now that I know that.

Sieg

Smash Champion
You sure? Everytime I've been they've asked about where we're staying the first night.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Sweeeet, just picked up my passport, now I can start waving at visas. :3

And accommodation in LA starts at $15/night. EPIC!

Edit: Sieg - Just did my Visa Waiver application. It does ask for the information but it doesn't require you to submit it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Possibly in Kyle's apartment in Downtown LA if he gets the approval. Easy walk to the convention center. More to come

I'll probably get a hotel in Downtown to make it easier to do July 4 stuff.

I've done a revision right now:

JULY 3:
Arrive LAX
Go to Downtown LA
Check-in at Kyles/Hotel etc
Freshen Up
Go to AX (Yes, the 3rd, NOT the 4th)
Party (of the Anime/Hotel kind)
Rooftop Bonfire in Downtown

JULY 4:
Visit Santa Monica and Venice (has some freak bodybuilding show contest for July 4)
Catch the Amtrak to Anaheim
Check-in Connor's house
Nightime getting wasted in Downtown Disneyland with July 4 Fireworks

JULY 5:
I'm leaving from Anaheim to go to mountain climbing in Utah - you guys should go to Disneyland or something since it's so close to Connor's House

JULY 6: Do what you want. If you have somewhere you want to go, I can help you figure out how to get there.

JULY 7: You guys might want to start heading to San Diego. It's chill

JULY 8: Smashfest/La Jolla Beach Bonfire from day to night. I'll be back in California for hosting this.

JULY 9/10/11/12: Already planned

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Alison And i might do another day of AX on the 5th and maybe Disneyland on the 6th if anyone is up for it?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That won't be too hard for ya Billy, the trains from from Anaheim to Los Angeles every hour and the ride is about 40 minutes. :)

You can also take the train from Anaheim to go to San Diego to get ready for the bonfire and Smash Bus.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Hey Cao any idea on how much Train Rides will set us back? Also the plane trip from LAX to Las Vegas? And they do run hourly dont they?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Trains:
One way from Anaheim (ANA) to Los Angeles (LAX) = $15 USD
One way from Anaheim (ANA) to San Diego (SAN) = $25 USD

Flights:
Flights to Las Vegas from Los Angeles? I did a search - there were 153 flights leaving on any given day. That's roughly 6 flights per hour. Keep in mind it's likely to be more convenient to fly out of Santa Ana (SNA) instead of LAX, but either airport is fine.

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFligh...z=d0e3&r=7a&z=d0e4&r=7b&lastPage=interstitial

Sieg

Smash Champion
TRAINS!

The subway is pretty awesome, I love the underground ads.

Reminded me of GTA3 trains lol.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Hey Cao and the rest of you guys, Alison and i LOVE the Cable guy and anyway we where looking through the magazine for America and we saw that in Anaheim they have Medievil times Dinner and Tournament (from the movie)and we like marked out massively and really want to go. so Would any of you guys be interested in it?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OK, here's the first bit of bad news I've got for you guys: Kyle aka Unknownforce, who lives within walking distance to Downtown LA and the Convention Center says he is only able to house those he has previously met before. He toured Melbourne and Sydney last year, so if you met him, you're in luck! You don't have to go to Orange County for the first night (which I wouldn't recommend anyway, reasons below).

Good news is we are welcome to chill there and drop off our luggage and stuff at his place so we can head straight to the expo on July 3.

Reason I'd prefer everyone to stay in LA the first night is because it's easy to get from there to Santa Monica/Venice using Public Transit. From Anaheim, it'd take over 3 hours one way. I do have some trick up my sleeves to make sure we get to the Disneyland July 4 fireworks in time, but it'd be good if everyone could find a hostel bed of some kind in Los Angeles the first night. Makes AX much easier to enjoy as well (with all it's night parties @ the Westin).

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Cao could you link me to any hotels around that area? Alison Antho and i could slip it and anyone else if need be so we can stay there the first few nights

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I booked this in Downtown LA even though I wouldn't need it and can stay with Kyle nearby:

HOTEL DETAILS
Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles
506 South Grand Av LOS ANGELES, CA 90071 US
Main Phone +1 213 624 1011

Sardine Smash it up! Book another room somebody; make it more bearable please

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've got dibs on floor space.
Cause that's where filipino people sleep.
On the floor.

Also Billy and I have put together our Itinirary, I figure we'll mostly all be together (and will want to be) most of the time, but just so you guys know where we (Billy, Alison and I) will be, here's a rough draft of our itinirary:

2nd July:
Vyse Arrives in Sydney. Hilarity at Shaya’s expense ensues

3rd July:
Arrival in America.
Day 1 of AX
Stay at Biltmore Hotel in Downtown LA
Fireworks(?)

4th July:
Shopping/etc
Housing with Connor

5th July:
Billy, Alison and I are doing AX again.
Housing with Connor

6th July:
Disneyland
Housing with Connor

7th July:
Travel to San Diego
Bonfire beach party
Housing with Havokk

8th July:
Chill, check out San Diego a bit.
Play Smash, get hyped for Genesis.
Play practical jokes on Shaya.
Housing with Havokk(?)

9th July:
Bus to GENESIS!

10th – 12th July:
GENESIS!

13th July:
Head back to San Diego
Housing with Havokk (again?)

14th – 15th July:

Hostel in Hollywood/Anaheim [This is what's left to be planned]
Universal Studios (14th)
Harry Potter (15th)
Medieval Times Dinner (15th)

16th July:
4 hour Bus trip to Vegas
Accommodation at Sahara Hotel
Steal America’s Women

17th July:
Check out EVO.
Money Match Justin Wong
Vyse travels back to LAX and departs America
Play practical jokes on Shaya

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
OK guys that hotel i posted a link of up there. i have booked for the 13th/14th/15th for Me Alison Antho and Toby. The rooms are really cheap so if you want a good deal and hang with us book now

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
And someone else should also book something in Downtown LA for the 3rd of July. I highly doubt we'll get away of cramming 6-8 people in one apt.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Uurgh, still don't know what I'm doing accommodation-wise for Vegas/Evo... Probably have to book a hostel or something if nobody wants to let me take the floor. :urg:

I know what QLD is doing, what about everyone else?

Vyse, I highly approve of these Activities At Shaya's Expense. :3

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Real news:
(very minor though)

The delta flights from 3rd of july to the US and the return flight on the 20th has had their arrival/departure times changed.

The flight leaves 10 minutes LATER to America (9:15 to 9:25) and arrives 10 mins later (6:10am:O)

The return flight leaves 5 minutes later lol.

Such minor changes, haha

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I need to call insurance and cite financial damages due to the flight changes. 5 cents please

Also, people should really be contacting those who live in the 'Midwest House' to secure additional SoCal housing. I've heard great things about it so you guys who are interested should do something about it - I won't be because I don't benefit from it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok so we've got housing up untill genesis (aside from the first night, I'll most likely book a second room for us at blitmore) right?
then we're staying at a hotel during genesis, then the gap after between genesis and evo is our own thing and cao will be off somewhere doing his own thing?
me and ted (and toby?) might go visit his brother during this time.
and then hotels and stuff for evo/vegas.

that right?
when you say addtional pylons socal housing cao when in particular are you talking about, and san diego = socal right?

also we should totally have a who can pull of the biggest prank/joke at shayas expense competition :)

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Well in that gap Alison/Antho/Toby and Myself have that Room booked in Hollywood(one page back) Your welcome to get a place as well there (only 4 people to a room or i would of booked more) we are staying from the 13-16th then heading to vegas

Top Bottom