• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

payasofobia

Smash Champion
In no particular order:

Pit vs Fox: One word: Microgun. Also: Pit's bow cannot work because of a lack of arrows or even strings. Also, mirrors may reflect light but not bullets.

Ice Climbers vs Olimar: Olimar does not have poison fumes because plants and pikmen do not work that way. And he can't control his pikmen. And they can't understand him.

Ike vs Ganon: With the wide-spread knowledge that Ike's sword is actually pretty light AND can ignore Ganon's defense, this MU could definetly go in Ike's favor.

Snake vs Donkey Kong: let's be honest here, the only reason the Kong won was because of the massive nerf on Snake.

Link vs Ganondorf: Arrows go thru armour and Ganondorf doesn't even have his whole body covered.

Ness vs Pit: Ness has bombs. Pit has nothing.

Bowser vs Ganon: while swords can ignore armour, I doubt they could ignore a giant Turtle's shell, or cripple the turtle in one hit. Its unrealistic. Let's take this opportunity while Adum is not here.

These are my 2 cents.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

For re-doing:
Diddy vs Lucario(If Diddy has the guitar mentioned in the pika MU)
ZSS vs. Falcon, as I think we proved in the bowser MU that the electrolaser was weakened due to its size.
Mario vs. Lucario, we determined mario didn't have the super scope, the fact that mario would probably win anyway renders this point moot.
Peach vs. ICs. Fail bombs are fail.

^And what paya said

JOE!

Smash Hero
Pit vs Fox: One word: Microgun. Also: Pit's bow cannot work because of a lack of arrows or even strings. Also, mirrors may reflect light but not bullets.
Pit was never given arrows, just 2 swords 1st off

Ice Climbers vs Olimar: Olimar does not have poison fumes because plants and pikmen do not work that way. And he can't control his pikmen. And they can't understand him.
Don't agree on how you say the pikmin dont work like that, we had an epic discussion over it. I may agree on not controlling them.

Ike vs Ganon: With the wide-spread knowledge that Ike's sword is actually pretty light AND can ignore Ganon's defense, this MU could definetly go in Ike's favor.
Ganon has Size (range) and speed (of swing) advantage still

Snake vs Donkey Kong: let's be honest here, the only reason the Kong won was because of the massive nerf on Snake.
but then it's no fun :p

Link vs Ganondorf: Arrows go thru armour and Ganondorf doesn't even have his whole body covered.
this could be trufax

Pit has a shield and 2 swords

payasofobia

Smash Champion
In no particular order:

Bowser vs Ganon: while swords can ignore armour, I doubt they could ignore a giant Turtle's shell, or cripple the turtle in one hit. Its unrealistic. Let's take this opportunity while Adum is not here.

These are my 2 cents.

Updated it. Seriously, the Ganon vs Bowser fight is still iffy. Only reason I agreed with the outcome was because I just wanted to get it over quickly.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Tha call is up to you JOE!. But Samus does have an electrolaser which is why I say that one is a bit iffy.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Updated it. Seriously, the Ganon vs Bowser fight is still iffy. Only reason I agreed with the outcome was because I just wanted to get it over quickly.

I like the edit.
I, too, kinda let bowser vs. ganon go because it was seriously taking too long >.>

And as for snake vs. DK, its also "no fun" having ganon's sword OHKO a 13ft turtle in one swing
>.>

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Pit was never given arrows, just 2 swords 1st off

Ok, but there is still the microgun.

Don't agree on how you say the pikmin dont work like that, we had an epic discussion over it. I may agree on not controlling them.

Very well.

Ganon has Size (range) and speed (of swing) advantage still

WW ganon, yes. TP Ganon, yes but Ike still has an overall advantage over him.

OoT? That can be argued:

He has a huuuuge sword. Ike would probably defeat this one armourless Ganon easily now that Ike actually has the speed advantage.

but then it's no fun :p

Yeah, the Snake vs Ganon match was no fun for Ganon players too. Lets just be brutal and honest here. Donkey Kong should not have won that match.

this could be trufax

Sure.

Pit has a shield and 2 swords

Ness has bombs.
Just replying.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Tha call is up to you JOE!. But Samus does have an electrolaser which is why I say that one is a bit iffy.

Mewtwo has psychic powers.
And if that was a canon MU(which i think it was, wasn't here for it though, Samus doesn't have an electrolaser, because she never used any in the games.

EDIT @ JOE:
TP Ganon's swprd does suck. I agree with Holo that it would break after a couple of swings, and it only works in Bowser MU because it's a zweihander, which kills bowses due to " the transfer of pure concussive energy dealing damage to Bowser's spinal cord and organs."
bull****

JOE!

Smash Hero
Re-evaluation List!

PIT vs FOX

PIT vs NESS

IC's vs OLIMAR

IC's vs PEACH

LUCARIO vs MARIO

LUCARIO vs DIDDY

DK vs SNAKE? (lulz?)

MEWTWO vs NESS

MEWTWO vs SAMUS

GANON vs IKE? (may still be ganon...OOT is proven a tad worse, yet TP is proven a tad better...)

GANON vs LINK

GANON vs BOWSER (@ people bringing it up now and sayng they were agreeing sinc eit was taking too long: THE HECK WERE YOU WAITING FOR? I WAS TRYING TO SAY WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING BACK THEN ABOUT IT BEING REDICULOUS!)

ZSS vs FALCON (seeing as lasers and chozo blood arent exactly viable...Pistol with bullets and just tone?)

YOSHI vs LUIGI? (what can change exactly?)

payasofobia

Smash Champion
@ike vs ganon:

TP was said to lose because "his sword sucked"

but after Ganon vs Bowser...?
We established that it was awesome to pierce armours.

This helps Ike greatly because he can now hit Ganon anywhere and can still deal the same damage as if he hit an unprotected part.

This does not help or hinder Ganon in any way because Ike has no armour to pierce.

So TP Ganon does not gain any advanatage while Ike still has incredible dodging abilities and has attacks that are fast and deal a lot of damage.

But I admit that this can still end in a tie. But that is still a change, right?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Disregard the Yoshi v. Luigi one; REL responded to me and I guess Yoshi "can't"kill anything according to him.

payasofobia

Smash Champion

This helps Ike greatly because he can now hit Ganon anywhere and can still deal the same damage as if he hit an unprotected part. And he also loses that annoying lag after and before his attacks.

This does not help or hinder Ganon in any way because Ike has no armour to pierce. And his attacks and abilities remain the same.

So TP Ganon does not gain any advanatages or disadvantages while Ike still has incredible dodging abilities and now has attacks that are fast and deal a lot of damage, regardless of where it hits.

But I admit that this can still end in a tie. But that is still a change, right?

But lets just leave the details for the actual disscusion.

JOE!

Smash Hero
it was essentailly a tie...WW ganon and OOT ganon put it ahead for him slightly due to WW's speed (and 2 swords) and the fact that OOT ganon is a mountain of muscle and can probably do what Ray said and punch the ground hard enough to make an earthquake..

anywho:

PIT vs FOX

PIT vs NESS

IC's vs OLIMAR

IC's vs PEACH

LUCARIO vs MARIO

LUCARIO vs DIDDY

DK vs SNAKE? (lulz?)

MEWTWO vs NESS

MEWTWO vs SAMUS

GANON vs IKE? (may still be ganon...OOT is proven a tad worse, yet TP is proven a tad better...)

GANON vs LINK

GANON vs BOWSER (@ people bringing it up now and sayng they were agreeing sinc eit was taking too long: THE HECK WERE YOU WAITING FOR? I WAS TRYING TO SAY WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING BACK THEN ABOUT IT BEING REDICULOUS!)

ZSS vs FALCON (seeing as lasers and chozo blood arent exactly viable...Pistol with bullets and just tone?)

REL38

Smash Lord
PIT vs FOX

lol

PIT vs NESS

Sure

IC's vs OLIMAR

I swear JOE. If you pull another fast one on me . . .

IC's vs PEACH

lolwut?

LUCARIO vs MARIO

:/

LUCARIO vs DIDDY

Certainly?

DK vs SNAKE? (lulz?)

The most unjust nerf ever

MEWTWO vs NESS

MEWTWO vs SAMUS

Canon battles are terrible >___>

blah blah

GANON vs LINK

O RLY?

-Wha?
I thought this was done and dead over?

-Wha?
How'd he get bullets again?

Yoshi is fail.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
it was essentailly a tie...WW ganon and OOT ganon put it ahead for him slightly due to WW's speed (and 2 swords) and the fact that OOT ganon is a mountain of muscle and can probably do what Ray said and punch the ground hard enough to make an earthquake..

anywho:
OoT plowed through Ike that one match because back then they were tied in speed and the stronger one would emerge victorious. Ike now has the speed advantage. The outcome could seriously change.

WW Ganon I agree.

The tiebreaker would be TP Ganon and we could leave that for a disscusion. Hell, it may end in a literal draw.

This helps Ike greatly because he can now hit Ganon anywhere and can still deal the same damage as if he hit an unprotected part. And he also loses that annoying lag after and before his attacks.

This does not help or hinder Ganon in any way because Ike has no armour to pierce. And his attacks and abilities remain the same.

So TP Ganon does not gain any advanatages or disadvantages while Ike still has incredible dodging abilities and now has attacks that are fast and deal a lot of damage, regardless of where it hits.

Come on...... lets review it.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
PIT vs FOX

PIT vs NESS

IC's vs OLIMAR

IC's vs PEACH

LUCARIO vs MARIO

LUCARIO vs DIDDY

DK vs SNAKE? (lulz?)

MEWTWO vs NESS

MEWTWO vs SAMUS

GANON vs LINK

Fox, gatling gun=****

Ness, bomb > Pit

ICs. Even if olimar can't control his pikmin the ICs still have iceaxes

I might call this a tie, peach's bombs suck, but they're still bombs...

Mario vs. Lucario, I know I brought this up because the description of the MU said mario had the super scope, but it was in a spinoff, so it really depends on how much leeway we give luc at martial arts.

Diddy if he has the guitar/ luc fails at fighting, diddy if he doesn't have the guitar and luc fails at fighting, if luc is good at fighting he wins.

Snake, no reason why he shouldn't have his guns.

Tie, both psychic powers cancel out, but if not canon then Ness. Bombs=win

Tie.

Ganon vs. Ike: Depends on which ganon we use and how fast Ike is.

Link.
Projectiles

Bowser, I don't believe the greatsword is that broken vs. bowser

IDK for this one, electrolaser is weakened due to small size, and falcon has a functioning laser gun( not 10 second microscope gun XD)

Luigi, yoshi still fails

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
mewtwo is being un-canonified

IC's were never shown to have ice axes...

Really? then he loses vs. samus and ness.

Zelda was never shown to have a quiver.
The ICs, muscle degenerated or not, are still mountain climbers. Any mountain climber would need an ice axe, and rope, and other stuff...

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
PIT vs FOX

PIT vs NESS

IC's vs OLIMAR

IC's vs PEACH

LUCARIO vs MARIO

LUCARIO vs DIDDY

DK vs SNAKE? (lulz?)

MEWTWO vs NESS

MEWTWO vs SAMUS

GANON vs LINK

Pit vs Fox is obvious.

Pit vs Ness too.

Ic's vs Olimar its great.

IC's VS Peach is unnecesary. Peach still has bombs. Bombs that suck but they are still bombs.

Lucario vs Mario yes.

Lucario vs Diddy....maybe. Chimp strenhgt may help now.

DK vs Snake must DEFINETLY be reviewed.

Mewtwo vs Ness and Samus must be made realistic, so I agree.

Ganon vs Ike may actually prove to have a different outcome, so yes. It Should be reviewed.

Ganon vs Link: projectiles.

Ganon vs bowser definetly.

ZSS vs Falcon should stay the same.

Yoshi vs Luigi......maybe.

JOE!

Smash Hero
and charizard/bowser were never shown with a false palette, and a certain someone who wants this thread to cater to him sees this logic as absolute and unchangable, yadda yadda.

so from now on, if we allow this kinda stuff, others get some simple things taht they *COULD* have due to the same logic

@MRG

why should Falcon and ZSS stay?

Lasers have been ruled out from samus and the spacies (given more plausible weapons) why not give falcon a pistol?

Also, ZSS was kept with chozo enhancements, could those seriously work?

anywho, Im gonna post the 1st evaluation MU soon...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
PIT vs FOX
Fox should win.
PIT vs NESS
Ness wins.
IC's vs OLIMAR
I think it was said that Oli has no control over his Pikmin, so...
IC's vs PEACH
I said this forever but ignore the guy that robs...
LUCARIO vs MARIO
Wasn't here for this MU so idk...depends on Luc and what he is allowed to use...
LUCARIO vs DIDDY
Same as above...
DK vs SNAKE? (lulz?)
If we keep the nerf, it's fine. Otherwise, it goes the other way.
MEWTWO vs NESS
If uncanon, Ness.
MEWTWO vs SAMUS
Same as above.
Wasn't here for this either but seems reasonable...
GANON vs LINK
Ganon wins this. I explained this during tht MU.
This will receive about another 10 pages...idc about this one anymore...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
Yoshi will kill all of you with his dragon wings...grrr....
My thoughts...

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
and charizard/bowser were never shown with a false palette, and a certain someone who wants this thread to cater to him sees this logic as absolute and unchangable, yadda yadda.

so from now on, if we allow this kinda stuff, others get some simple things taht they *COULD* have due to the same logic

@MRG

why should Falcon and ZSS stay?

Lasers have been ruled out from samus and the spacies (given more plausible weapons) why not give falcon a pistol?

Also, ZSS was kept with chozo enhancements, could those seriously work?

anywho, Im gonna post the 1st evaluation MU soon...
Because he has not been shown to use a modern day pistol before.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Lol, I lurk remember?

I only participate when I feel like it, but I usually have a lot of effect.

Samus vs M2 was a canon MU...so i dunno what to do there

Adum did wanna go over it again, but should we take the two canon MU's (ironically both containign M2) and make them RL Mu's?
RL or M2's victory, people finally understand how powerful psionics are.

For fun, find your debator profile on this site: http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Pit vs. Fox & Ness......

Pit wins. He very easily nerfs Fox in getting to the stage, and uses Fox's fast-falling against Fox.
Ness is no better. Constant barrage of multihit ground attacks, nerf his recovery. Pit just has to be careful a PK Thunder doesn't nerf his Wings and tonot get grabbed.

Genocide24

Smash Rookie
PIT vs FOX

fox should win

PIT vs NESS

same

IC's vs OLIMAR

IC shoudl win

IC's vs PEACH

ice climbers definetly win this

LUCARIO vs MARIO

Lucario wins

LUCARIO vs DIDDY

lucario is a martial artist.

DK vs SNAKE? (lulz?)

snake wins with his guns

MEWTWO vs NESS

Ness wins if he has bombs

MEWTWO vs SAMUS

samus has a laser

ike should win this because he is faster and is as strong as ganon

GANON vs LINK

link has arrows

bowser is a giant turtle. he wins

zss wins

failure characters, id ont care
this is what i think.

all matches except the luigi vs yoshi should be done

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Pit vs. Fox & Ness......

Pit wins. He very easily nerfs Fox in getting to the stage, and uses Fox's fast-falling against Fox.
Ness is no better. Constant barrage of multihit ground attacks, nerf his recovery. Pit just has to be careful a PK Thunder doesn't nerf his Wings and tonot get grabbed.
Read OP please
Ignorance is blissful...

and I agree with Paya on this one.

Genocide24

Smash Rookie
provide more reasoning other than "idc, they fail IMO" or "---- wins" and ill consider
IC vs olimar IC win because olimar cant speak to his pikmin

IC vs peach may change because peach's bombs are bad

Lucario vs mario changes because mario has no gun

Lucario vs diddy can change because of monkey strenght

DK vs snake because DK cant fight against bullets

Mewtwo vs anything because this thread is realistic

Ganon vs ike because ike is not slow like beofore

ganon vs link because of arrows

ganon vs bowser because bowser is bigger than ganon

zss vs falcon because lasers dont exist

luigi vs yoshi sucks

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Because he has not been shown to use a modern day pistol before.
I do agree, but by that logic, Fox never specifically had a microgun(made a point about it earlier but I was either ignored or not noticed, didn't really care enough to drag it further than that). A gattling gun would still murder most opposition, so meh.

As far as the Chozo enhancements thing, all they did was give her blood to survive on a hostile planet. The rest was pretty much them training her(save for probably her height). If nothing else, Samus is more toned than people in the olympics on steroids. Falcon getting a pistol hardly seems fair, considering he's never been shown to use a gun with bullets.

Lastly, curious about a few things, if anybody cares.

DK vs Snake - Does Snake still get limitations(not as bad as before) to make it even, or is it Snake vs Ganon again?

Mewtwo vs Ness - Is Mewtwo smarter than the average kangaroo?

Ganon vs Bowser - What're Ganon's chances of getting a OHKO with his greatsword?

Edit:

Lucario vs mario changes because mario has no gun
Lucario still should not have the physiology to be able to fight like a martial artist.
Ganon vs ike because ike is not slow like beofore
Ganon is not that slow in his games either. He's pretty **** fast in WW, actually.
ganon vs bowser because bowser is bigger than ganon
By that logic, King Kong shouldn't have died because he was bigger.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Mario is bigger than Luc, dont forget Geno

@ismar:

if she were just trained, she couldnt be stronger/ more toned than an olympian on steroids..

also, blood transfusions from another species could prove to be disaterous for her health

Falcon's gun was shown in action in 1 panel of a comic. For all we know it could be an electrolaser like samus...

Snake I suppose could lose some limitiations, and that just makes a dead ape.

Mewtwo is possibly the smartest fighter. He was designed to have the epic brainpower.

Ganon's chances for a OHKO are to be speculated, seeing as it would work vs a true turtle shell...

however, Bowser's shell's not only not exactly like a turtle's, but tremendous compared to the weapon trying to work around it.

Remember, alligators and crocodile shave trouble breaking turtle shells, and their jaws can fit the whole shells in thier mouths, while exurting pressure of 2000-3000 PSI

(shark jaws can break Sea turtle shells due to them being slightly more fragle than a land turtle's, and the sawing motion that a large shark can do)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mario is bigger than Luc, dont forget Geno
Forgot to mention that.
@ismar:

if she were just trained, she couldnt be stronger/ more toned than an olympian on steroids..

also, blood transfusions from another species could prove to be disaterous for her health
Trained for the majority of her life. Like China's olympic team, but to the extreeeeeeeeeeeeeme.
Sarcasm aside, I meant that added in with the unique blood would make her like that. And technically, she's getting it from a race of advanced aliens, not just some random birds. ...Yeah that's pretty unrealistic. Toned works, I suppose.

Falcon's gun was shown in action in 1 panel of a comic. For all we know it could be an electrolaser like samus...
But it was shown to burn the victim, and we've seen more of Samus' guns to assume what they work like, unlike the one panel for Falcon.
Snake I suppose could lose some limitiations, and that just makes a dead ape.

Mewtwo is possibly the smartest fighter. He was designed to have the epic brainpower.
Makes sense. Snake shouldn't be so limited he's fighting hand-to-hand combat with a gorilla, but I don't think it'd be fair to let it turn into DK trying to dodge/tank/block bullets ala Ganon.

For Mewtwo, I figured that but wasn't sure if it'd be realistic. I'd say that that much intelligence could play a role in the MU(bat the bombs back, plot out his moves/approach to Ness, figure out what weapons Ness has, etc.)

Ganon's chances for a OHKO are to be speculated, seeing as it would work vs a true turtle shell...

however, Bowser's shell's not only not exactly like a turtle's, but tremendous compared to the weapon trying to work around it.

Remember, alligators and crocodile shave trouble breaking turtle shells, and their jaws can fit the whole shells in thier mouths, while exurting pressure of 2000-3000 PSI

(shark jaws can break Sea turtle shells due to them being slightly more fragle than a land turtle's, and the sawing motion that a large shark can do)
Kk, thanks.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
PIT vs FOX
Fox shoots him in the face

PIT vs NESS
Pit shoots him in the face

IC's vs OLIMAR
IC's hammer him in the face

IC's vs PEACH
no idea
LUCARIO vs MARIO
...no idea

LUCARIO vs DIDDY
depends whether Diddy's considered an adult or not
DK vs SNAKE? (lulz?)
Any more guns Snake gets makes him win
MEWTWO vs NESS
I'd go either way for this one... Ness is a thirteen year old with a bat, Mewtwo's a 6'7 kangaroo cat with huge legs

MEWTWO vs SAMUS
Samus

OoT- if Ike never gets hit, Ike. If he does, expect broken bones and decreased efficiency

WW- Ganondorf

TP- I fail to see any advantage Ike has. Ganondorf's bigger, faster, stronger, he's the first member of the DK crew...
GANON vs LINK
depends how realistic Ganondorf's two instances of arrow dodging are

Bowser

no idea

um... Luigi if going completely realism

JOE!

Smash Hero
another note just becaus ei feel like bringing it up:

Sea turtles being eaten by sharks is really a rarity, seeing as really only tiger and Bull sharks can get past their shell due to their mouths being woodchippers or chainsaws, being able to grind down the shell in the massive jaws rather than crush it.

Other sharks could also simply swallow the turtles whole or bite off limbs.

Crocodiles having trouble breaking some turlte shells should be a testament to their strength. Granted the pressure is a tad lessened due to the area being applied, 2-3000 PSI on a shell smaller than the thing trying to crush it is impressive.

Now, how could this relate to Bowser and Ganon, seeing as Ganon's weapon is so much smaller than the shell?

If a shell can withstand a relative pressure of many, many times it's own weight, what force would need to be produced by ganondorf to make up for the size gap, through the smaller weapon, to effectivly make Bowser's shell null and void?

EDIT:

went off on a small tangent there, but is everyone in agreeance that Pit loses both cases?

Top Bottom