• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Holding their breath long enough to bash the pikmin then move out that shouldn't take too long...plus with how small it is, how far could it actually expell the poison?
The thing is, they diffuse naturally, that's how it eventually weakens and becomes useless, but it also means that you'll get a reletively small area where the poison kills basically immiediatly, a larger area where the poison means death after a little while (further out the longer) and a pretty large area where the poison simply does a ton of damage. Unfortunately we don't know the attributes of the poison so we don't know if the damage is to the nervious system, or what, but it's gonna still in effect at a good range beyond the initial puff.

Please note that it'll take a little while to initially settle like this, also multiple puffs will extend the range of all.

yes, but Ivysaur was way more sturdy, and posion powder a bit everywhere than the puffs of the pikmin...

if the white pikmin were used as kind of a defensive to create a posion wall around olimar than that would be a way more safe than to try and be offensive with it in my thinking...
That's what I was basically suggesting.

That dirty rotten no good..... :laugh:
I'm flattered that everyone considers my assistance so useful, lols.

That said, I don't know that much about the game, so I'm exrapolating based on the info that I have, I can just as easily switch sides with a key piece of information.

I didn't, it was said earliear on in the thread that JOE! would resize them or something like that.

and as Ambrodeus said.

So he is either a dead big pikimen or a somewhat heavy pikimen, and how good would Olimars aim be, if he was regular sized and with Pikimen the size of 5 pence? (open question, not really directed toowards you, or sarcastic or anything, just in case ^_^)

Yes small enough for the ICs to squash unless normal size, which he is.

It's something kind fun to do ^_^.
Glad somebody noticed that.

Actually, that's not what I'm implying by that, they're not large enough that if they had an exoskeleton they'd be crushed by it (based on the sizes we're using) HOWEVER they're too large to get the kind of strength efficency that we're talking about. Maybe twice their body weight at maximium.

It's just not as efficent when we're talking about super-******* instead of bug-sized.

justaway12

Smash Master
imma answer it anyway.

I just didn't want you to think I was sarcastic, in that question or something, thats all :).

(this is cool)in the instruction manual of Pikmin 1(just took it out) olimar is the size of a quarter just over an inch and pikmin are about an inch exactly so pikmin aren't that small compared to olimar, but to the IC's yes they're small and his accuracy(sp? no spell check) he'd have to throw them over hand like a hand axe so it would be pretty accurate, but he is facing two moving targets.
Yes, I know the Pikimen aren't small, but JOE! said Olimar would be resized, if the Pikimen were resized, they would either be crushed by thier exo-skeloton (sp?), stay small or be weak.

eeven when enlarged to brawl size he's small compared to a more human-like character like Link/ganon/jesus
captain falcon
Yes, that's what I meant, I just have trouble explaining things, I meant big enough for a him to pass as a normal human ^_^, JOE! said he would resize them, so he would be (I imagine), brawl sized

EDIT:Ok maybe not dead, but not as strong.
[/QUOTE]

UncleSam

Smash Master
I should really be playing pikmin 2 to clarify this:laugh: sadly I lost my 'good' GC mamory card

I wonder if white pikmin hate light(has nothing to do with anything)

Pikmin have no exoskeletons making them less efficient plus their body structure isn't built for lifting things it's for movement.
the poison (if digested) is absorbed by the instestines and probably sent to the muscle systems disabling joints and muscles and might result in heart failure that's a pretty quick way to die dontcha think?

if IC's lose to tripping over and getting poison in the face it would be a perfect moment to yell "**** you sakurai!!!"

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
ha ha. Good one, Uncle sam!

At the amazing speed the poison kills, it might just shut down EVERYTHING it touches. Just a thought...

I spent alot of time trying to make the pikmin strong. :( Ah well, we must keep realistic, after all.

@Adumbrodeus - You're words are always right pretty much. Where other people are proven wrong, you' re words are the utter and well-thought truth. :)

@Raf - Heck no!

UncleSam

Smash Master
@Adumbrodeus - You're words are always right pretty much. Where other people are proven wrong, you' re words are the utter and well-thought truth. :)
he is a debater after all
@Raf - Heck no!
I lol'd at this
the Ice climbers would have to leave their mouths wide open for an extended period of time

oh and I forgot about the sunset death factor for pikmin
in the game any pikmin idleing/not in their onion would die at night. possible way for IC's to kill them all at once per chance?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
oh and I forgot about the sunset death factor for pikmin
in the game any pikmin idleing/not in their onion would die at night. possible way for IC's to kill them all at once per chance?[/color]
They only die because a multitiude of wild creatures overpowers them at night. There's not really a time limit for tis match, thoguh I think you were joking. :)

UncleSam

Smash Master
They only die because a multitiude of wild creatures overpowers them at night. There's not really a time limit for tis match, thoguh I think you were joking. :)
yeah kind of, I knew hundereds of creatures wouldn't just suddenly appear. one can only hope tho if you take sides for IC
@raf- dont be shunned! dont go emo! Olimar would just have to set it up like a pro may once one IC is down the purlpe pikmin could hold the other one down while Olimar would force a white pikmin down the IC's mouth

this is turning out to be a gruesome match

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
yeah kind of, I knew hundereds of creatures wouldn't just suddenly appear. one can only hope tho if you take sides for IC
Yeah, well... if the "wall of poison" thing is not effective, then the IC voters are favored right now... not that this wouldn't be close...:)

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman

@raf- dont be shunned! dont go emo! Olimar would just have to set it up like a pro may once one IC is down the purlpe pikmin could hold the other one down while Olimar would force a white pikmin down the IC's mouth

this is turning out to be a gruesome match
Well... I think that there would need to be more than 2 purple pikmin to hold the IC down unless they are each heavier than the IC. Have we decided how heavy they are (I know we agreed on the size)

UncleSam

Smash Master
I still think a chian grab would end this
@raf- purple pikmin can hold 10x the amout other pikmin can. so lets make a red pikmins strengh 1 unit
if olimar weighs 3 units (he does in pikmin 2) than the IC's must weigh less than 20 if they are about the same size as olimar(beefed up of course)

Sieguest

Smash Master
The thing is, they diffuse naturally, that's how it eventually weakens and becomes useless, but it also means that you'll get a reletively small area where the poison kills basically immiediatly, a larger area where the poison means death after a little while (further out the longer) and a pretty large area where the poison simply does a ton of damage. Unfortunately we don't know the attributes of the poison so we don't know if the damage is to the nervious system, or what, but it's gonna still in effect at a good range beyond the initial puff.

Please note that it'll take a little while to initially settle like this, also multiple puffs will extend the range of all.
The rope offense can solve that...extend the rope between them and closeline the pikmin, that'll maintain distance to where they can avoid this...

That's what I was basically suggesting.
So basically as soon as this fight begins to drag out some...then the wall will be complete...that's great defense...but what if the other pikmin are down and it's only those two left...olimar couldn't keep them at his side...they'd have to attack and that would leave them to be battered...

I'm flattered that everyone considers my assistance so useful, lols.

That said, I don't know that much about the game, so I'm exrapolating based on the info that I have, I can just as easily switch sides with a key piece of information.
You always seem to have table turner information...
Does creativeness with the IC's rope count?...:)

Actually, that's not what I'm implying by that, they're not large enough that if they had an exoskeleton they'd be crushed by it (based on the sizes we're using) HOWEVER they're too large to get the kind of strength efficency that we're talking about. Maybe twice their body weight at maximium.

It's just not as efficent when we're talking about super-******* instead of bug-sized.
then it'd take more than six to lift the IC's for a death sentence...that changes things...

UncleSam

Smash Master
the game doesn't give exact measurements on weight they just gave a fraction and you had to match the amount of pikmin to the denominatior all pikmin could lift 1/1 but purples could lift 10/1 10x the amount I'm not sure exactly how much one Ice climber would weigh but it can't be much more than a re-sized olimar with re-sized pikmin if olimar and his pikmin were enlarged porportionally than pikmin would still lift 1/1 and Olimar would still weigh 3/3 1 purple pikmin could easily carry olimar
@marthage- if it takes more than 6 regular pikmin to hold down an IC than could a purple work? read my above stuff

justaway12

Smash Master
Adumbros already said that they would get weaker as they grow drastically larger, or somewhat larger because other than that, it's not realistically, here is his quote.

Bugs are able to carry a lot reletive to their body weight because their exoskeleton is really efficent at small sizes by allowing to have a more efficent muscular system, but at human size an equivilent system would crush them. Keeping that in mind, is it realistic for pikmen to be that strong?[/strong]
If I understood what he said correctly, anyway, too tired to think
lol johns
>.<

UncleSam

Smash Master
but didn't I also say that pikmin are soft-bodied? meaning NO exoskeleton
meaning a muscle system like ours meaning lifting objects close to our own weight

UncleSam

Smash Master
Right, I forgot, but then isn't that realistically impossible?
ok you lost me impossible on what factor
@raf yeah somewhere between 6 and 10 possibly that's still enough for one purple per climber(the IC's might struggle around a bit though)

Sieguest

Smash Master
the game doesn't give exact measurements on weight they just gave a fraction and you had to match the amount of pikmin to the denominatior all pikmin could lift 1/1 but purples could lift 10/1 10x the amount I'm not sure exactly how much one Ice climber would weigh but it can't be much more than a re-sized olimar with re-sized pikmin if olimar and his pikmin were enlarged porportionally than pikmin would still lift 1/1 and Olimar would still weigh 3/3 1 purple pikmin could easily carry olimar
@marthage- if it takes more than 6 regular pikmin to hold down an IC than could a purple work? read my above stuff
Well...due to the statement that pikmin are not as efficient (strength) when enlarged if pikmin have gone from a smaller than a quarter...to something a few inches below 3' (Rough IC height compared to Sonic...) I would think they are significantly weaker...
taking a 1/1 ratio and dividing the numerator by the number of 1/2' in a little over 2'5''then I look at and say... 1/5 ratio for regular pikmin...and a 10/50 ratio for purple...that's just rough math though..

I find pikmin more related to insects than humans...wouldn't that give them an exoskeleton instead of being soft bodied...:ohwell:
I think Justaway 12 refers to them being impossible to humanlike and be that small...
to be that small and weigh so little puts too much strain on the heart...the pikmin would die of heart attacks...it's why anirexant(sp?) people have so many problems...

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
So... how many units are the IC going to weigh? Let's say the IC are Brawl size (like Olimar) and call them 8 each or would that be too small?
10 units is to much, if you have played any of the pikmin games you would see how big and heavy ten units can be. ICE would be 4-5 units each.

If this was 10 purple pikmin then Oli would win 100-0 luz. I could imagine the purple pikmin eating the hammers.

ALso I am sure pikmin do not have any skeletons but are muscle built.

The only bug I can remember that can hold ten times it's weight is the ant. . . . I think.

justaway12

Smash Master
ok you lost me impossible on what factor
@raf yeah somewhere between 6 and 10 possibly that's still enough for one purple per climber(the IC's might struggle around a bit though)
Bugs and such are also able to carry things much bigger than them because of thier exoskeleton. How are the purple pikimen going to hold something up much bigger than them in real life, without anything to hold it back?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Well...due to the statement that pikmin are not as efficient (strength) when enlarged if pikmin have gone from a smaller than a quarter...to something a few inches below 3' (Rough IC height compared to Sonic...) I would think they are significantly weaker...
taking a 1/1 ratio and dividing the numerator by the number of 1/2' in a little over 2'5''then I look at and say... 1/5 ratio for regular pikmin...and a 10/50 ratio for purple...that's just rough math though..
he said weaker with an exoskeleton because in an anthropodthe muscles and joints are only located and key points where part of the body would move and nowhere else with little development in growth those little muscles have to lift more skeleton
HOWEVER in a soft bodied animal like ourselves our muscles are located all around our body and that means an even distribution of weight no matter the size since the muscles grew in porportion to the body in the pikmin buff
get what I mean now?
EDIT: kirbywizard comes to back me up
"muscle built"
EDIT2: i think me and kirbywizard only get the weight distribution because we actually played the games
kill an adult bulborb 2 purple pikmin can pick it up and bulborbs are huge compared to pikmin

Sieguest

Smash Master
he said weaker with an exoskeleton because in an anthropodthe muscles and joints are only located and key points where part of the body would move and nowhere else with little development in growth those little muscles have to lift more skeleton
HOWEVER in a soft bodied animal like ourselves our muscles are located all around our body and that means an even distribution of weight no matter the size since the muscles grew in porportion to the body in the pikmin buff
get what I mean now?
"muscle built"
EDIT2: i think me and kirbywizard only get the weight distribution because we actually played the games
kill an adult bulborb 2 purple pikmin can pick it up and bulborbs are huge compared to pikmin

then how do the pikmin's heart's not fail...?

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
get what I mean now?
"muscle built"
I have both of the pikmin games. Fantastic they where,
ALso if the PIkmin are muscle built they must be somewhat heavy ( Purple must way a ton). Also Olimar only is one unit of weight. Where does that leave Ice Climbers >_>

UncleSam

Smash Master
then how do the pikmin's heart's not fail...?
due to poison?
pikmin r broken. deal with it
EDIT: amazing they were did you get the dumbell in 2?
that thing is crazy hard to get
and I thought he weighed 3... whatever IC's must weigh like 2 now not a problem for a purple pikmin

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
10 units is to much, if you have played any of the pikmin games you would see how big and heavy ten units can be. ICE would be 4-5 units each.

If this was 10 purple pikmin then Oli would win 100-0 luz. I could imagine the purple pikmin eating the hammers.
Are going to nerf the purple pikmin? lol I think suddenly Olimar just found a new thing to throw at the IC!

Sieguest

Smash Master
due to poison?
pikmin r broken. deal with it
Lol! I'm not referring to the poison I'm referring to the body structure..
if they are like humans in body structure, then

Because of their drastically small weight and size a human like heart couldn't support it, they'd die...or have major complications...
this is why you you don't want to be anirexant!:)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Pikmin have no exoskeletons making them less efficient plus their body structure isn't built for lifting things it's for movement.
I didn't say they did, I was pointing out that the only way to get the kind of efficency we're talking about (20 times their body weight) is if they really small and use an exoskeleton.

the poison (if digested) is absorbed by the instestines and probably sent to the muscle systems disabling joints and muscles and might result in heart failure that's a pretty quick way to die dontcha think?
The thing is that it takes a while for things to go through the digestive system, and furthermore things in the digestive system are absorbed bit by bit.

The fact that it kills so quickly means...

A. It's deadly in the stomach (the stomach has a lot of defenses against that and is nasty place overall, so something that kills in the stomach is amazingly powerful.

B. The periphrial areas of the pikmin are poisonious enough to kill, only a tiny amount of the pikmin would be digested, if it kills instantly, it's not the center of body mass that the poison is coming from, it's the periphrial areas of the pikmin. Again, this suggests that it's REALLY poisonious because the concentration of the poison would be far lower there.

if IC's lose to tripping over and getting poison in the face it would be a perfect moment to yell "**** you sakurai!!!"
[/color]
Lol

he is a debater after all
Thanks, nice to know I'm giving my title a good rep.

Thanks for the encouragement dude.

I spent alot of time trying to make the pikmin strong. :( Ah well, we must keep realistic, after all.
Sorry bout that.

Honestly though, we can't be disapointed in results, having a personal stake just biases our opinion as to which side wins. When you recieve new information, adjust your scenario to account for it, explain changes to your point of view if necessary, and move on.

Then rage about how your favorite didn't win afterwards, f*** you ridley!

♥ I'm sorry, but how could a wall of poison work with 2 Pikmen? The rest are a different color ♥
Because the poison is potent enough for two to maintain a sufficent concentration to be deadly at considerable range.

It's more an onion of poison though.

It's like onions.

They stink?
Yes. No.
Oh, they make you cry.
No.
Oh, you leave em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs.
NO. Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.

Couldn't resist, but yea, it's basically an onion of poison, with the potency of the poison getting greater as you get further inside.

The rope offense can solve that...extend the rope between them and closeline the pikmin, that'll maintain distance to where they can avoid this...
Depends on how long the rope is, it's possible.

You always seem to have table turner information...
Does creativeness with the IC's rope count?...:)
That's what I'm here for, I'm creative with a head for the implications of things.

It's amazing what paying attention to the little things can tell you.

then it'd take more than six to lift the IC's for a death sentence...that changes things...
Yes.

but didn't I also say that pikmin are soft-bodied? meaning NO exoskeleton
meaning a muscle system like ours meaning lifting objects close to our own weight
Possibly, either way you're dealing with about equivilent lifting power since it's about the size that exoskeletons have the same efficency of endoskeletons.

ALso I am sure pikmin do not have any skeletons but are muscle built.

The only bug I can remember that can hold ten times it's weight is the ant. . . . I think.
Nah, they just don't have the strength for that, and ironically it looks like white's the gamechanger here.

UncleSam

Smash Master
adumbrodeus go to youtube and look up gameplay on pikmin 2 and tell me they aren't broken :laugh:
the matter of weight distribution is odd because apparently it takes 100 purple pikmin all less than an inch tall to pick up a 1 pound dumbell. the strength distribution in that game is confusing especially when giving them a buff since they don't apply to actual physics in the game yet you put them into actual physics it would be tough to measure out their strengh because as marthage said their little hearts would give out(poor pikmin :()

oh and I didn't say pick up I said hold down... those are two totally different situations for pinning an Ice climber

Sieguest

Smash Master
Depends on how long the rope is, it's possible.

Figured out rope length
A standard climbing rope length is 50 meters
due to the mountains that are climbed by the climbers, I could accurately say they may use a rope at about 60 meters

Also due to the mountains the climbers climb, and they would more likely have a dynamic strength rope with high static elongation and low maximum impact force...

Top Bottom