• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Could Oli throw a Purple Pikmin? and if so, it wouldnt be *that* heavy now would it?
Well, they're not too heavy I guess, but Pikmin are easy to throw because of their stems. They're like slingshots. The purple could still do some damage.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Alright! Here's what I think

Weapons:
IC>Olimar
Olimar has his ten pikmin and they are very useful, but...it takes quite a mass of them to do simple tasks such as picking up things...Even if Oli slingshots his Pikmin at the IC's, the IC's could use those hammers like a baseball bat and beat them...
The IC's also have that rope, and if used creatively that could cause some major problems for Olimar (I'm thinking a closeline right here...)...also those cleats could provide some protection from a pikmin onslaught...

Manueverability-
Olimar>IC's Olimar can do a lot of trippy stuff with his pikmin so if he's creative and the environments right...Oli could really mess with the Climbers here

Power-?
I'm not completely sure on either of the fighters respective physical prowess, haven't stalked the internet enough...:)

Armor-
Olimar>IC's (?)
Well Olimar does have a helmet...and the climbers only have parkas and cleats...:/ but I'm not sure how durable that helmet is yet...

All in all I'm leaning toward IC's at the moment for use of creativity to trump Olimars advantages...and using their own to pummel him...

arch knight

Smash Lord
well realistically Olimar is only as big as a penny....
so i would say stalemate
oli is to small to do damage (unless he gets inside of the ICs and causes havoc)

ICs cant even see the little guy (needle in a haystack...)

however the OP states they are the same size.

I was hoping for a david vs goliath fight but now the fun is gone...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
With the rules that's applied, anyone who picks Ice Climbers hasn't read the first post, and know the powers of the Pikmin's. The floor goes to Olimar.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
No. A mallet will crush the puny pikmin of Olimar's, but they can help to distract the ICs and add to his strength. Pikmin are the main fighting force in their series, however, and they shouldn't be underestimated.

Standing together, Pikmin work really well as a team. Pikmin aren't neccesarily built to beat up mountain climbers, but they can do to attack the ICs's faces. The pikmins' ability to multitask is incredible, and Olimar excels at leading them as seen in his games. Olimar would probably also keep a purple pikmin with him to bludger an IC with.

Additionally, Olimar shows amazing tactical ability, among the best. The way he multitasks and leads the Pikmin has allowed him to overcome nightmares of creatures.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Are you saying the pikmin have bone structure that'll let them survive the flat end of mallet?
i would say yes they have a rather resilent springy body.
Plus the pikmin are roughly over half the size of olimar and when they are full bloom They are an incredible fighting force

Melfice z

Smash Ace
correct me if im wrong, but in the original pikmin handbook doesnt it show that olimar is as tall as a quarter? o__o; but even if we scale him to size olimar cant jump in his games so icies could just jump onto a ledge (out of yellows reach :p) and icicle spam

Sieguest

Smash Master
hmmm...well...if they can survive a mallet...the most open part would be to attack the climbers faces...but...the problem there is that it wouldn't be hard to defend the face, just stick the mallet in front of it...they also have their cleats to stomp pikmin approaching from the ground as well...they can inch closer and eventually clobber olimar.

EDIT: @Melfice Z- The IC's don't have icicles..
and the ledge strategy would have to depend on the environment...a environment with no ledges would kill that strategy...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
hmmm...well...if they can survive a mallet...the most open part would be to attack the climbers faces...but...the problem there is that it wouldn't be hard to defend the face, just stick the mallet in front of it...they also have their cleats to stomp pikmin approaching from the ground as well...they can inch closer and eventually clobber olimar.
Olimar would try to find a form of fighting unknown to the ICs, but of course we have to make it for it to be elligible (which therefore makes intelligence a hollow argument :)).

The Pikmin would try to surround the ICs as much as possible. There are two ICs afteralll, so Oli's at a bit of a disadvantage.... Pikmin add to Oli's defense just as much as his offense.

arch knight

Smash Lord

EDIT: @Melfice Z- The IC's don't have icicles..
and the ledge strategy would have to depend on the environment...a environment with no ledges would kill that strategy...
Blocking the face wouldnt work Oli can just throw a heavy purple at it and BAM! IC knocked out by their own hammer

Sieguest

Smash Master
Blocking the face wouldnt work Oli can just throw a heavy purple at it and BAM! IC knocked out by their own hammer
It's not like the purple pikmin weigh a ton...although I haven't dismissed the slingshot effect...

also if pikmin try to surround the IC's they can cover the ground fairly well with cleat's and hammers...stomp forward and smash...it could even be popo cover the ground...and nana cover the air...then olimar's battery is turned against him...(a malleted pikmin flying back at him...)

arch knight

Smash Lord
It's not like the purple pikmin weigh a ton...although I haven't dismissed the slingshot effect...

also if pikmin try to surround the IC's they can cover the ground fairly well with cleat's and hammers...stomp forward and smash...it could even be popo cover the ground...and nana cover the air...then olimar's battery is turned against him...(a malleted pikmin flying back at him...)
The cleats would not work according to the rules IC and Oli are the same size by brawls standards making the pikmin almost olimars brawl size They are far to large to be stomped on.
and the different effects each pikmin have change the strategy of IC greatly and with 10 pikmin available 5 can attack popo and 5 can attack nana seperating them negating there duo abilities and attacks giving them only half the strength instead of the full power they have together.
Olimar has superior tactics of squad command and growing power from the pikmins evolution.

Sieguest

Smash Master
The cleats would not work according to the rules IC and Oli are the same size by brawls standards making the pikmin almost olimars brawl size They are far to large to be stomped on.
and the different effects each pikmin have change the strategy of IC greatly and with 10 pikmin available 5 can attack popo and 5 can attack nana seperating them negating there duo abilities and attacks giving them only half the strength instead of the full power they have together.
Olimar has superior tactics of squad command and growing power from the pikmins evolution.
The pikmin could only seperate if they got in between the two somehow managed not to get hammered...also the pikmin are not the same size as olimar...they are smaller how much smaller...I've yet to check though...op only referenced oli's size not the pikmin
Imagine a bowling ball flying into your face. And do you mean you approve of the slingshot effect or not?
I approve of the slingshot effect simple physics...but reciprocation is where it can hurt oli...

arch knight

Smash Lord
The pikmin could only seperate if they got in between the two somehow managed not to get hammered...also the pikmin are not the same size as olimar...they are smaller how much smaller...I've yet to check though...op only referenced oli's size not the pikmin
If the pikmin are not scaled to brawl size like olimar then this matchup is onesided there would be less than a 10% chance that olimar can win without pikmin

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
this...what image....?
Oh, I posted an image a minute ago that was GARGANTUAN size...

We need to assess what kind of damage the Pikmin can do when they get past the ICs's hammers.

Oh, and Arch Knight is right - Olimar is roughly the same size as the ICs.

Uffe

Smash Hero
You people and attacking the IC's faces. Seriously. Olimar doesn't have that kind of throwing arm. And before you decide to say it, the Pikmin could be brushed off if they were climbing. You say he can only have ten Pikmin with him? That wouldn't be enough to stop the IC's. And if Olimar is the size of a penny or a quarter, the only thing you can really compare them to are army ants. Even so, they'd be visible to the naked eye and anything could easily destroy them.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Oh, I posted an image a minute ago that was GARGANTUAN size...

We need to assess what kind of damage the Pikmin can do when they get past the ICs's hammers.

Oh, and Arch Knight is right - Olimar is roughly the same size as the ICs.
referring to the size of the pikmin...the pikmin are not as large as olimar...they're small enough to be squashed...actually more like chest kicked and then smushed...
EDIT: Oh that picture...proves my point...I don't count the upper part of the stem or the leaf as the part of the height...just like fitness coaches don't assess hair in height...:)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
referring to the size of the pikmin...the pikmin are not as large as olimar...they're small enough to be squashed...
The ICs don't strike me as too strong. The Pikmin are smaller than those two, but, well, think about a 14 year old beating on an eight year old (disturbing visual :(). Its not instant death or anything.

Also, the pikmin follow Olimar's advice without hesitation and basicly have two sets of eyes for this match - their own, and Olimar's.

You people and attacking the IC's faces. Seriously. Olimar doesn't have that kind of throwing arm. And before you decide to say it, the Pikmin could be brushed off if they were climbing. You say he can only have ten Pikmin with him? That wouldn't be enough to stop the IC's.
Ten is alot compared to two. And to say that he doesn't have a good throwing arm is ridiculous; have you even played the games?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Ten is alot compared to two. And to say that he doesn't have a good throwing arm is ridiculous; have you even played the games?
I had no idea he had the capability of throwing creatures half his size at something so much larger than him.

Sieguest

Smash Master
The ICs don't strike me as too strong. The Pikmin are smaller than those two, but, well, think about a 14 year old beating on an eight year old (disturbing visual :(). Its not instant death or anything.

Also, the pikmin follow Olimar's advice without hesitation and basicly have two sets of eyes for this match - their own, and Olimar's.

But the 14 year old is wearing cleats...maybe not insta death but for that eight year old...it'll come fairly quickly...(that is disturbing...)

Also...I haven't thrown this out there...the IC's have jumping prowess...and I haven't mentioned the rope yet...(here comes the close line) and if that yellow pikmin jumps in the air...it's getting beat pretty hard...

And if I remember right....Olimar never jumped...hmmm...(do you think we should allow oli to jump...I know he doens't jump in his games but do you think he could have the chance to jump?)

EDIT: I never said he had a bad throwing arm...I'm a good fan of the Pikmin games and I've seen what he can do...even though I haven't played the game in ages now...:( may need to pick it up again...

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
This sounds like it's going to be a long battle. The IC's have the advantage of being bigger but Olimar has the advantage of having numbers.
Can anyone give me a rough estimate between the size of the ICs, Olimar himself, and the Pikmins

Sieguest

Smash Master
This sounds like it's going to be a long battle. The IC's have the advantage of being bigger but Olimar has the advantage of having numbers.
Can anyone give me a rough estimate between the size of the ICs, Olimar himself, and the Pikmins
From my eye... the IC's are slightly taller than Olimar but pretty much about the same height (brawl scaled that is)...and Olimar looks to be the height of 1 1/3 pikmin (excluding stem heights of course) maybe 1 1/5 to be slightly more accurate...:ohwell:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I had no idea he had the capability of throwing creatures half his size at something so much larger than him.
Then what did you mean by a bad throwing arm?

But the 14 year old is wearing cleats...maybe not insta death but for that eight year old...it'll come fairly quickly...(that is disturbing...)

Also...I haven't thrown this out there...the IC's have jumping prowess...and I haven't mentioned the rope yet...(here comes the close line) and if that yellow pikmin jumps in the air...it's getting beat pretty hard...

And if I remember right....Olimar never jumped...hmmm...(do you think we should allow oli to jump...I know he doens't jump in his games but do you think he could have the chance to jump?)

EDIT: I never said he had a bad throwing arm...I'm a good fan of the Pikmin games and I've seen what he can do...even though I haven't played the game in ages now...:( may need to pick it up again...

The throwing arm issue wasn't directed towards you. And to answer the question, Olimar can jump, but at an average height; nothing special.

The ICs can jump high, but remember that Olimar can probably tell where they will land and direct the pikmin over there and prepare an attack. Also, Olimar excels at hitting objects high above him. Even if they can hurt them in the air, they're more vulnerable there than on the ground. A reason is the manueverability they would use in the air (pulling each other places with the rope) seems a little awkward to me. They can stick together as closely as possible at first, but the momentum caused by a sudden pull on one of them would usually knock them away from each other. Its not as easy as being back-to-back with each other on the ground; it seems to me that the form of mobility they use mid-air is hard to manage. The ICs aren't as good away from each other.

Also, don't underestimate Olimar's strength. He can pull an almost completely buried pikmin straight from the ground in one try.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Then what did you mean by a bad throwing arm?

The throwing arm issue wasn't directed towards you. And to answer the question, Olimar can jump, but at an average height; nothing special.

The ICs can jump high, but remember that Olimar can probably tell where they will land and direct the pikmin over there and prepare an attack. Also, Olimar excels at hitting objects high above him. Even if they can hurt them in the air, they're more vulnerable there than on the ground. A reason is the manueverability they would use in the air (pulling each other places with the rope) seems a little awkward to me. They can stick together as closely as possible at first, but the momentum caused by a sudden pull on one of them would usually knock them away from each other. Its not as easy as being back-to-back with each other on the ground; it seems to me that the form of mobility they use mid-air is hard to manage. The ICs aren't as good away from each other.

Also, don't underestimate Olimar's strength. He can pull an almost completely buried pikmin straight from the ground in one try.

the rope wouldn't be soley used in the air to pull each other around...that couldn't work...the rope could be used as a closelining tool on the ground...sweeping olimar and the pikmin..., or raising it to neck level to tumble the pikmin and olimar over...their rope is long...(I'll check for exact measurements) and taut...

An IC coming down on olimar is a major threat...yes Olimar has great aim...but...he couldn't make a direct below attack, that would just shove the pikmin into the cleets, he'd have to throw the pikmin in front of the climbers to have a chance at striking, and that just leaves the pikmin open to be walloped and possibly reciprocated back at olimar...It would be in Olimar's best interest to move out of the way and find a way to punish the landing...but since movements are followable, and that mallet is out and ready, there's not too much of a window for olimar to use.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
How many types of pikmins are there? All I know is that theres a fire one, a white one, and the fat one.
Read this

Red Pikmin - Particularly fiesty and resistant to extreme teperatures. They have alot of strength in their attacks.

Yellow Pikmin - Lightweight; can be thrown high in the air.

Blue Pikmin - Capable of an aquatic environment...

White Pkmin - heavily toxic and incredibly resistant to many poisons. Also very fast runners.

Purple Pikmin - heavy and capable of squashing things under them if thrown, thoguh they are slow...
@Marthage - Eh, you have me beat right now. I'll try to find somethin' tommorrow...

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's called sarcasm. Olimar doesn't possess the ability of super human strength. Compared to Olimar, the Ice Climbers are too large for Olimar to take down. I truly see no reason to even have this debate since it's quite obvious who'd win in reality.

§leepy God

Smash Master
For those who don't read the first post when they vote.

This Week's new matchup is......

:popo: Ice Age vs New Life :olimar:
IN THE BATTLE OF NUMBERS...

WHO

IS

DEADLIEST?

Popo and Nana dont have ice powers, but they do have their hammers, cleets and the rope they use in their Up-B

Olimar will be boosted to Brawl size compared to the ICs, and be limited to 10 or so Pikmin.

he doesnt have bomb rocks either :p
Anyways, my vote goes to Olimar because of the rules and the fact that Pikmin is stronger than people would have thought.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
In real life, the match looked like two big kids versus one biggish kid and ten *******. But, yeah, this isn't going my way...

Sieguest

Smash Master
For those who don't read the first post when they vote.
Anyways, my vote goes to Olimar because of the rules and the fact that Pikmin is stronger than people would have thought.
One liners aren't going to be enough to support your vote...just because the rules has some things in it doesn't make a total difference...as of right now...only Dragonblooded and Arch Knight have had some reasoning to back up their statements...

In real life, the match looked like two big kids versus one biggish kid and ten *******. But, yeah, this isn't going my way...
Don't lose hope!The one thing I see Olimar getting away with is by winning by attrition, the IC's can't fight off Pikmin forever...:) Plus there are many more creative ways Olimar can use his pikmin to fight the IC's, he could do something related to his upb in brawl and use a chain of pikmin to form a whip...which would way outrange the IC's, even though the pikmin can still be knock out, a good swing will have a string of pikmin coming at an angle that may make it hard for the IC's to clobber them all in one swing.

Top Bottom