• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Yes, but the first hit would win, I do think Sword would get it easiear but that it just all depends on the attack first, I'm sure I sound like a broken record now ^_^;, I know it has the adventage but still, just sayin'

I don't understand what you're trying to say; you just admitted a sword is more likely to hit first.

justaway12

Smash Master
As I said before, she has a slight advantage bomb range, but Zelda's arrows are still very effective at that range, and it doesn't make up for Zelda's strong advantage at long range and melee range.
I meant in Bomb Range.

Ultimately, the most important zone is long range, because that will happen in every match-up. Throwing range is cool[/qupte]

I know but if she has her bike she could come closer and avoid.

No, actually it's not that they're different people, it's that the non-cannon peach isn't really Peach, again, I could write a fanfic about Peach and would that really change this match-up?

While the different Zeldas may not be the same person, they are all Zelda, and unless specified otherwise, references to Zelda's refer to all incarnation.
I'm not saying it isn't really Zelda but the two timelines had completly different experiences, with comepletly different lives, why should they all be they classifeid as the same, isn't that not cannon to the games

Nah, the first hit would NOT win. The first hit to the right area and at the right speed would win. A direct hit with a bat to the head would win. A glancing blow to the head wouldn't. A direct hit to the arm wouldn't.

On the other hand, most glancing blows to the arm with a sword will win.
Maybe I didn't explain right, that is what I meant, a powerful hit to the arm would hurt.

You see, in melee combat, training is generally the overriding factor, even though we've mostly been discussing weapons, a well-trained individual can take an inferior weapon to beat an opponent with a superior one. Realistically the fact that her weapon is superior is secondary to the fact that she's just better at fighting.
If only this was a slap fight :urg:

Well, we've sort of been assuming that she sticks to her dress, but realistically she COULD dress in Sheik or Tetra's costume. Both have been shown to be in her possession.
But if we assume dress vs. dress, her speed advantage is not AS effective, but still very effective.
Well she could have 1, I still don't belive this is canon, I personally think we should wait for the judge

Fair enough, the moterbike would be easier to dodge at long distance, but they're almost impossible to control with one hand, which means that she can't throw psych bombs, meaning she has to dismount and attack.
Well not shoot and drive, but get in a reasonable position at an appropriate time.

Nah, useless IRL.
Not weapon, sheild >.<.

@Dragonblooded:Just condricting myself ^_^;.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I meant in Bomb Range.
Then yes, 98-12 feet aproximately, it's Peach's advantage slightly.

I know but if she has her bike she could come closer and avoid.
She's vulnerable during the dismount and can't throw bombs while using it. Also, she only avoids BETTER, she's still quite vulnerable on the bike.

I'm not saying it isn't really Zelda but the two timelines had completly different experiences, with comepletly different lives, why should they all be they classifeid as the same, isn't that not cannon to the games
Because we're not talking about Zelda as a singular person, we're talking about Zelda as an identity.

To talk about a singular Zelda, we need to specify that we're talking about a single Zelda.

Maybe I didn't explain right, that is what I meant, a powerful hit to the arm would hurt.
It would hurt and it could stagger Zelda, but unless it hits in just the right place (bottom of the elbow when fully extended) it won't do much more then that.

If only this was a slap fight :urg:
That would be funny, I dunno who would win there, but Zelda's conditioning would help.

Well she could have 1, I still don't belive this is canon, I personally think we should wait for the judge
Canon isn't the right word, usable. We sort of covered this earlier however with Link however.

Well not shoot and drive, but get in a reasonable position at an appropriate time.
Yea, I get you. But it makes her very vulnerable overall.

Not weapon, sheild >.<.
Ok, depends on how large, might make a better buckler then the frying pan, but won't really stand up to Zelda's hand and a half sword, it'd break. Use it against the arrows if it's appropriately sized.

justaway12

Smash Master
She's vulnerable during the dismount and can't throw bombs while using it. Also, she only avoids BETTER, she's still quite vulnerable on the bike.

Yes, she would but I suppose when the oppertunity arises, I don't think it would be easy though but the thing I don't get is,is that she has thrown bombs on her bike before, but I guess if she can't I understand.

Because we're not talking about Zelda as a singular person, we're talking about Zelda as an identity.

To talk about a singular Zelda, we need to specify that we're talking about a single Zelda.

I think that would be for the best, or atleast a timeline.

The Minish cap----> OoT---->Majoras mask----->TP
seems the best since she still has her bow.

That would be funny, I dunno who would win there, but Zelda's conditioning would help.
Peach!!!1!!eleven! she bakes ckes adn doesnt afriad of anything?!?!!!!?!one :p

Canon isn't the right word, usable. We sort of covered this earlier however with Link however.
Sorry, I forget and i'll maybe check back and edit this, but they did have completly different experences (sp?) you can't deny that.

Ok, depends on how large, might make a better buckler then the frying pan, but won't really stand up to Zelda's hand and a half sword, it'd break. Use it against the arrows if it's appropriately sized.
NOT SHEILD, ARMOR >.<, sorry for the screw up

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
i'd bet my entire jar of coins, AND a KFC chicken leg, that zelda would win in a match against peach.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Yes, she would but I suppose when the oppertunity arises, I don't think it would be easy though but the thing I don't get is,is that she has thrown bombs on her bike before, but I guess if she can't I understand.
That's not realistic, motorbikes require two hands to control it because you can't turn without the support, furthermore, she can't set the psych bomb because it needs two hands (look at them, they have an outside fuse). Cars go straight in neutral (assuming proper calibration). Motorbikes and motorcycles have their wheel turn slightly, and then tip over.

I think that would be for the best, or atleast a timeline.

The Minish cap----> OoT---->Majoras mask----->TP
seems the best since she still has her bow.
While we've mostly been sticking to that timeline (we took her TP sword and Bow, it really doesn't make sense, we're either dealing with Zelda as an identity or we're dealing with one of the many individual Zeldas.

Also, I'm gonna disagree with your placement of Link's Awakening. The Link in the game technically can be any Link, but the other character directly parallels characters in another LoZ. Phantom Hourglass. Granted, they are different in certain ways, but the differences seem to be based on the thematic attributes of the world that they take place in, as well as possibly longer influence in the antagonist's part in the case of the latter game.

But, they took place at the same time in alternate worlds, at least IMO.

Sorry, I forget and i'll maybe check back and edit this, but they did have completly different experences (sp?) you can't deny that.
I agree, but that doesn't mean it not legitimate to talk about the sum abilities of a group of people with a certain attribute. Remember, we're not talking about "TP Zelda", we're talking about "Zelda".

NOT SHEILD, ARMOR >.<, sorry for the screw up
Thought it was an armor, remember it somewhat from Super Mario RPG, I think.

Then same problem, no realistic, too large and ackward, and doesn't offer the protection of metal. A well-placed arrow at full draw could hack through it, or just headshot, it would cripple her offensive capabilities as well because it'd be too heavy.

justaway12

Smash Master
While we've mostly been sticking to that timeline (we took her TP sword and Bow, it really doesn't make sense, we're either dealing with Zelda as an identity or we're dealing with one of the many individual Zeldas.
But it kind of doesn't match with the timeline, I don't think it we should debate it that much anyway since we only stuck to one time timeline.

Also, I'm gonna disagree with your placement of Link's Awakening. The Link in the game technically can be any Link, but the other character directly parallels characters in another LoZ. Phantom Hourglass. Granted, they are different in certain ways, but the differences seem to be based on the thematic attributes of the world that they take place in, as well as possibly longer influence in the antagonist's part in the case of the latter game.

But, they took place at the same time in alternate worlds, at least IMO.
Not my timeline, I'm LoZ iggnorant, it's by Sphire III I just took it from the Zelda thread in the Light house, guess I should have said that >.<.

Thought it was an armor, remember it somewhat from Super Mario RPG, I think.

Then same problem, no realistic, too large and ackward, and doesn't offer the protection of metal. A well-placed arrow at full draw could hack through it, or just headshot, it would cripple her offensive capabilities as well because it'd be too heavy.
How do you figure, when you equip something to a character it is invisable, unless you're talking about general, gaint turtle shells, then I guess so, then I guess the Lazy shell wouldn't work. Also i'm not saying it would be invisable in real life, just the game made it look invinsible, we would have no way of knowing, unless you're talking about general turtle shells.

JOE!

Smash Hero
booyah, 100 pages!

Anyways, 2 things:

Gonna cal the match today, new match by tonite.

Here is the list of clues for people trying to figure out Samus' opponent:

It is a boss

Samus has fought it

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
100th page! Congrats, Joe!

*sniff* My threads get closed... or forgotten....

Could it possibly be Dark Samus? Though I dunno what 150 has to do with anything...

justaway12

Smash Master
♥I don't think I have ever mentioned that :confused:, but yes, I know, sorry I it implied I didn't ^_^;, Smooth Criminal. ♥

♥ I've pretty much given up on Peach winning anyway...(in real life), if only she had her war fan :urg:.
♥

Sieguest

Smash Master
And you don't touch my omnibus post that I just put up?

I'm insulted.

Responded to many times in the omnibus post above.
How well do you expect me to think at O'dark thirty...:ohwell::laugh:
I'll get a monocle later a look at it...or maybe I should do that now...:lick:

Oh well...I'm so editing this post later....when I finish abusing ask.com...

INTERNET SUX!!!!Internet just confirms that Peach is going to lose...
A. Peach plays the "damsel in distress" role for super mario...if she had any fighting skill this wouldn't happen...
B. Peach is very magnanimous- she'll even stoop to playing a round of golf with bowser....
C. One of Peach's "hostile" moments includes threatening to spit on TEC in Paper Mario TTYD...epic...
D. The most of Peach's activities include playing sports...and getting kidnapped...no fighting...(execpt in smash...and Super Mario RPG...)
E. Peach has a very hard slap...with this I think Peach takes this matchup...:laugh:
F. Peach could totally own Zelda in a cooking contest...:)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Feraligatr VS Typhlosion anyone? :) No, whatever the next match is, I'm ready!

Does ANYONE know what 150 has to do with anything? (You're driving me mad, Joe :))

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
But it kind of doesn't match with the timeline, I don't think it we should debate it that much anyway since we only stuck to one time timeline.
Eh, more the principal of the thing, plus I wanna be able to talk about tetra's abilities (which make this even more of a rout since her knife is easy to carry in addittion to everything else).

Honestly, though, "Zelda" is just different from "TP Zelda" or even "Zelda in the timeline that includes TP", realistically, then intention of the thread was to discuss the characters involved at the peak of their abilities. The fact that Zelda is not a singular person doesn't change her displayed abilities over the years. Remember, we're not talking about whether how they obtained the abilities is realistic, we're merely talking about whether abilities themselves are realistic.

Not my timeline, I'm LoZ iggnorant, it's by Sphire III I just took it from the Zelda thread in the Light house, guess I should have said that >.<.
Fair enough.

How do you figure, when you equip something to a character it is invisable, unless you're talking about general, gaint turtle shells, then I guess so, then I guess the Lazy shell wouldn't work.
Because it's a giant turtle's shell. Anything large enough to have legitimate coverage would be too impractical for actual use since it's way too heavy.

So yea, I'm talking about giant turtle shells in general.

Feraligatr VS Typhlosion anyone? :) No, whatever the next match is, I'm ready!

Does ANYONE know what 150 has to do with anything? (You're driving me mad, Joe :))
Not very interested in the Canon match-ups, sorry.

♥I don't think I have ever mentioned that :confused:, but yes, I know, sorry I it implied I didn't ^_^;, Smooth Criminal. ♥

♥ I've pretty much given up on Peach winning anyway...(in real life), if only she had her war fan :urg:.
♥
You mean "if only her war fan was a fighting fan". She could use her war fan, but it was proven that her war fan doesn't act like an actual fighting fan and is pretty useless as a weapon.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Well I learned that fanboyism will not win the day for peach! :)

150 sounds like a room number....:/ why you ask?

Plus...we all know in Canon that unless Typhlosion gets a lucky dig or flame wheel or something Feraligtr will just go
Hydro Pump=>Win on the word go...:)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well I learned that fanboyism will not win the day for peach! :)

150 sounds like a room number....:/ why you ask?
Yea, pretty much, sux no?

How well do you expect me to think at O'dark thirty...:ohwell::laugh:
I'll get a monocle later a look at it...or maybe I should do that now...:lick:

Oh well...I'm so editing this post later....when I finish abusing ask.com...

INTERNET SUX!!!!Internet just confirms that Peach is going to lose...
A. Peach plays the "damsel in distress" role for super mario...if she had any fighting skill this wouldn't happen...
B. Peach is very magnanimous- she'll even stoop to playing a round of golf with bowser....
C. One of Peach's "hostile" moments includes threatening to spit on TEC in Paper Mario TTYD...epic...
D. The most of Peach's activities include playing sports...and getting kidnapped...no fighting...(execpt in smash...and Super Mario RPG...)
E. Peach has a very hard slap...with this I think Peach takes this matchup...:laugh:
F. Peach could totally own Zelda in a cooking contest...:)
Now you see why I said that she's got no appropriate training and that I'm highly skeptical that she has worthwhile weapons?

Granted, in Super Princess Peach she fights... with PMS.

justaway12

Smash Master
You mean "if only her war fan was a fighting fan". She could use her war fan, but it was proven that her war fan doesn't act like an actual fighting fan and is pretty useless as a weapon.

Yeah that is what I meant.

@Marthage: Fanboyism win everything! In my mind. but seriosly, I thoght she acted a lot more hostile when she married Bowser, IMO, but that is just off-topic.

@Adumbrodeus: I'm just curios now, what type of war fan is it? Just curious, especially since this match is over.

Sieguest

Smash Master
OH yeah...Peach's Tears of Retribution will totally save her from getting gutted.... either that or here severe temper tantrum will lead to slap storm in which Zelda is left in a coma...let us hope that peach period comes soon...:laugh:(I come up with the stupidest names for stuff...:))

@dragonblooded- Imah look at that...and edit this post....

Fanboyism would've had Rayquaza as the winner of the Ridley vs. Ray matchup...I wanted Ray to win so much!...but at least I had more to go off there...internet actually helped me then..not like how it's failed me today...

So off topic...when is the next matchup?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
lmao***s generalbrawl is the ***giest place on these boards u scrubs haz no friendz lmaoooo
You sir have been reported. We do not appreciate that kind of talk here. Kindly leave.

@Marthage - I've been trying all day to figure it out and I have nothing... 150...

Sieguest

Smash Master
You sir have been reported. We do not appreciate that kind of talk here. Kindly leave.

@Marthage - I've been trying all day to figure it out and I have nothing... 150...
Maybe it's master hand...
I looked back at the thing...and it says "IT'S A BOSS"
I'm assuming a smash boss...
I mean master has 150 hp in classic mode (on easy i think)
Iunno that's just a somewhat derived guess...:/

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
What's wierd is that Joe said it didn't HAVE to be a BOSS in smash bros, though it does have to be in Smash. he also said it doesn't HAVE to be a boss from Metroid, but Samus has fought it....

Sieguest

Smash Master
What's wierd is that Joe said it didn't HAVE to be a BOSS in smash bros, though it does have to be in Smash. he also said it doesn't HAVE to be a boss from Metroid, but Samus has fought it....
okay...
well...maybe it's one of the trophies...
actually hold on...
is there a character you unlock in smash after 150 vs. matches?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Yeah that is what I meant.

@Marthage: Fanboyism win everything! In my mind. but seriosly, I thoght she acted a lot more hostile when she married Bowser, IMO, but that is just off-topic.

@Adumbrodeus: I'm just curios now, what type of war fan is it? Just curious.
"War Fan" isn't a classifacation of weapon, it's the name of Peach's actual fan, it's just a deceptive name cause it's practically useless for fighting.

"Fighting Fan" is a general classifacation for weaponized fans (which was what we were talking about later).

Yeah, it's THE War Fan, which ironically is NOT a fighting fan.

OH yeah...Peach's Tears of Retribution will totally save her from getting gutted.... either that or here severe temper tantrum will lead to slap storm in which Zelda is left in a coma...let us hope that peach period comes soon...:laugh:(I come up with the stupidest names for stuff...:))

@dragonblooded- Imah look at that...and edit this post....

Fanboyism would've had Rayquaza as the winner of the Ridley vs. Ray matchup...I wanted Ray to win so much!...but at least I had more to go off there...internet actually helped me then..not like how it's failed me today...

So off topic...when is the next matchup?
Same here, but I realized that Ridley had crucial advantages.

JOE!

Smash Hero
It has something to do with the match you suggested Dragon :wink:

Anywho, Zelda wins due to superior weaponary and skill.

Next match up shortly

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
@marthage - Seriously?! You got it!? Mewtwo... Man, how did I miss that!?

Uh, its important for us to establish WHAT kind and how many of each there are of Olimar's pikmin. Two of each?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
As Peach pulls Toads from her dress and vegetables from the ground, Zelda summons the three goddesses.

As Peach swings her golf clubs and tennis rackets violently at Zelda's head, Nayru's Love gives Zelda divine protection from all that is evil.

As Peach twirls her parasol, Zelda burns it to ashes with Din's Fire...

As Peach prances around happily chanting "Oh, did I win?", the princess is defeated with one shot of the light arrow.

justaway12

Smash Master
"War Fan" isn't a classifacation of weapon, it's the name of Peach's actual fan, it's just a deceptive name cause it's practically useless for fighting.

"Fighting Fan" is a general classifacation for weaponized fans (which was what we were talking about later).

Yeah, it's THE War Fan, which ironically is NOT a fighting fan.

Really? Whatever, imma stop talking about this, it's over, I'll just move on.

Ooh, ICs vs Olimar, this should be fun, ICs have hammers but what does Olimar have?10 Pikimen, I would vote for ICs but I think it might be wise to wait,

@Phantom07: Real life, no magic

JOE!

Smash Hero
yeah, mewtwo:

150th pokemon

Fough samus in Melee

Was the Boss of Pokemon Stadium

yes, he will have 2 of each

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Red Pikmin - Particularly fiesty and resistant to extreme teperatures. They have alot of strength in their attacks.

Yellow Pikmin - Lightweight; can be thrown high in the air.

Blue Pikmin - Capable of an aquatic environment...

White Pkmin - heavily toxic and incredibly resistant to many poisons. Also very fast runners.

Purple Pikmin - heavy and capable of squashing things under them if thrown, thoguh they are slow...

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Oli by a landslide. ICs would get tired of the relentless attacks of the Pikmin. The only way they'd win is if the somehow GOT to Olimar so they could smash him, but I don't see that happening with hordes of Pikmin hurting them as they approach.

Top Bottom