• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

sammy p

Smash Lord
well what about peaches kart from mario kart??
zelda may have a sword but peach has a go kart!!
lol from what i think, a go kart trumps sword anyday!!! lol

what do you guys think of that??

justaway12

Smash Master
Zelda + Sword = bye bye Peach. Zelda already has magic, her with a sword is just pushing it.
She doesn't have magic, this is real life, no magic allowed.

Dragonblooded said that her sword has fragile and a bat would probably break it, in the OP it says it is unknown if Zelda is good with the sword, if someone isn't good/inexperienced with a sword it wouldn't help that much if doesn't know how to use it well.

n88

Smash Lord
Sure, Peach may have her Golf Club, Baseball Bat, Go-Kart, etc. But when Bowser comes knocking, how long does it take before Peach is safely in his castle? Anybody who plays the Mario RPGs knows that Bowser is one of the biggest wimps of all time. Really.

So why would Bowser be able to kidnap Peach? I can think of three possibilities.

1) Peach is the most pathetic fighter/ Weak-willed person of all time

2) Peach has a thing for the Strong, Dragon types and is most likely a s**t

3) Peach enjos giving Mario a challenge

I would pick the first choice out of these. Zelda has usually shown to be more capable of independent action, and she is an archer, so Zelda wins.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Two characters cripled by their lack of abilities (magic for Zelda, psichokenetic might of sentimentality (PMS) for Peach), so let's have rundown.

Peach

Fighting expirience/training: None that I know of, anyone else got any?
Equiptment: Club, Bat, Frying pan, Radishes
Intelligence level: Nothing to establish better or worse then average, unless somebody has something to disagree.
Other advantages/disadvantages: Extremely emotional to the point that it could negatively affect judgement. (Super Princess Peach establishes this, her powers are based on extreme emotional outbursts)

Zelda:

Fighting expirience/training: Bow and arrow profficency (established in TP with her showing her ability to fire on HORSEBACK, which is really difficult, but also established in WW), Sword proficency (again, TP, if you don't believe me, take a look at how she holds her sword in this video. While not the best stance for swordfighting overall, at least not in my opinion, but one side slightly back, blade leaning towards the middle is an effective defensive stance. Furthermore, if she couldn't use it, she wouldn't wield a real sword, would be too heavy for her, she'd wield a prop (to inspire). Check the clang it makes, it's too heavy to be a prop. Furthermore, her bow ability establishes the fact that she had other weapons to use, therefore unless she was quite proficent, she wouldn't use it, she would've had better options), Knife (assumed from Windwaker, as Pirate Captain you need to have weapon's proficency, and it's the weapon she carries)
Equiptment: Sword, Bow and Arrows, knife (Windwaker, as Tetra)
Intelligence level: Genius-level (triforce of wisdom, while the rest of it's powers don't work, genius-level intelligence is perfectly realistically explainable).
Other advantages/disadvantages: High speed and agility (established in OoT when disguised as Sheik).

Unless there's something that peach has that I don't know about, this looks like a rout by Zelda. Her equiptment is far superior, and it's obvious that she either has formal weapons training, or considerable expirience in their use. Especially the knife, it's probably both.

Peach has neither formal weapons, nor any realistic formal weapons training. The bat is probably the closest thing to a formal weapon, and it's honestly pretty weak because it's a pretty light blunt weapon. It CAN do damage, but swords can still do a lot of damage when mostly blocked against unarmored or lightly armored foes.

Best configuration for Peach is probably using the frying pan as a shield, and the bat as a substitution sword, that will allow her to MAYBE deflect arrows. Depending on what close-range weapon Zelda picks, it might help there too (knife yes, sword no).

well what about peaches kart from mario kart??
zelda may have a sword but peach has a go kart!!
lol from what i think, a go kart trumps sword anyday!!! lol

what do you guys think of that??
Useless, against the sword yes, but Zelda's trademark weapon is the bow and arrow, which she'll be using too, in order to force an approach, or kill at range. Go carts are open on top, and predictably moving targets (takes some time for anything moving fast to turn), and as she gets closer a death-shot gets easier and easier. 999 times out of 1000 Zelda will kill her before she's close, even in pure planes. In every other enviroment, it's worse, every other enviroment has some obstructions Zelda can manuever to prevent herself from being hit.

She doesn't have magic, this is real life, no magic allowed.

Dragonblooded said that her sword has fragile and a bat would probably break it, in the OP it says it is unknown if Zelda is good with the sword, if someone isn't good/inexperienced with a sword it wouldn't help that much if doesn't know how to use it well.
As an actual swordfighter, I can tell you that her sword is NOT fragile. That's a well-made hand and a half sword (aka bast*** sword). It would break the bat, not vice-versa.

Her stance, the fact that the sword is real (she wouldn't hold it like that without training, if it was symbolic, it would've been a prop (which the clang revealed wasn't true) or she would've let it rest).

Zelda's sword looks more for show than for fighting. Ceremonial.
Incorrect, look at the sword, listen to how it clangs when it hits the ground, look at the lack of designs that actually inhibit function. Also look at the fact that in the game, she's established as having proficency with bow, nobody with proficency with a weapon would ever pick a cerimonial weapon of a type they have no expirience with in an actual battle. Especially not somebody with genius-level intelligence.

♥ I'm going with Samus vs Meta-Ridley?

@S.O.L.I.D.: Doesn't Zelda have a GAINT bow? If she manages to get it in there wouldn't it take a long time to set up her Bow and arrow (I am assuming it's big because of brawl, but I'm ignorant with LoZ so i'm probably wrong)
♥
Being large doesn't mean that it takes a while to draw necessarily, though it can. It means you need to be practiced and strong because it requires more strength to fully draw and stores more power, which is not physically impossible for Zelda since she is a fully grown woman. Aiming CAN take a while though. Note that you don't NEED to fully draw the bow.

Bow-drawing mechanics might come into play later, and I'm ready to explain them if necessary.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Her bow is large in Brawl, yes, but it really isn't that big in the games, ESPECIALLY when she uses Link's in Wind Waker final battle.

Adumbrodeus kinda just ***** the thread with his sword knowledge, so going by that+her bow, she doesn't even really need her knife, it's just a bonus at close range.

Zelda destroys Peach. Peach is a wimp.

justaway12

Smash Master
Two characters cripled by their lack of abilities (magic for Zelda, psichokenetic might of sentimentality (PMS) for Peach), so let's have rundown.
I C wut U did thar

Peach

Fighting expirience/training: None that I know of, anyone else got any?
Equiptment: Club, Bat, Frying pan, Radishes
Intelligence level: Nothing to establish better or worse then average, unless somebody has something to disagree.
Other advantages/disadvantages: Extremely emotional to the point that it could negatively affect judgement. (Super Princess Peach establishes this, her powers are based on extreme emotional outbursts)

Well if fighting experience means the games she fought in:
Super Princess Peach
Super Mario RPG
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Bros. 2

for weapons
Her umberella was indestructable (though I don't think it can be unbreakable but I guess it can be extremly strong)
Does her pshcye (sp?) bombs count? It's basically smaller versions of bombs

Other advantages/disaventages
She is shown in sprots games as either fast or skillful/agile

Zelda:

Fighting expirience/training: Bow and arrow profficency (established in TP with her showing her ability to fire on HORSEBACK, which is really difficult, but also established in WW), Sword proficency (again, TP, if you don't believe me, take a look at how she holds her sword in this video. While not the best stance for swordfighting overall, at least not in my opinion, but one side slightly back, blade leaning towards the middle is an effective defensive stance. Furthermore, if she couldn't use it, she wouldn't wield a real sword, would be too heavy for her, she'd wield a prop (to inspire). Check the clang it makes, it's too heavy to be a prop. Furthermore, her bow ability establishes the fact that she had other weapons to use, therefore unless she was quite proficent, she wouldn't use it, she would've had better options), Knife (assumed from Windwaker, as Pirate Captain you need to have weapon's proficency, and it's the weapon she carries)
Equiptment: Sword, Bow and Arrows, knife (Windwaker, as Tetra)
Intelligence level: Genius-level (triforce of wisdom, while the rest of it's powers don't work, genius-level intelligence is perfectly realistically explainable).
Other advantages/disadvantages: High speed and agility (established in OoT when disguised as Sheik).
I don't think transformations are allowed since we had Sheik vs ZSS, that applies to Tetra aswell I think

Unless there's something that peach has that I don't know about, this looks like a rout by Zelda. Her equiptment is far superior, and it's obvious that she either has formal weapons training, or considerable expirience in their use. Especially the knife, it's probably both.

Peach has neither formal weapons, nor any realistic formal weapons training. The bat is probably the closest thing to a formal weapon, and it's honestly pretty weak because it's a pretty light blunt weapon. It CAN do damage, but swords can still do a lot of damage when mostly blocked against unarmored or lightly armored foes.
Bat's are still quite strong, if it's real life and you get hit by a bat or a golf club it's hard to get up, it's up to who gets hit first.

Best configuration for Peach is probably using the frying pan as a shield, and the bat as a substitution sword, that will allow her to MAYBE deflect arrows. Depending on what close-range weapon Zelda picks, it might help there too (knife yes, sword no).
She used her parasol as a shield and it was extremly strong, an parasol in real life might be weak but maybe it can be reinforced with something.

Useless, against the sword yes, but Zelda's trademark weapon is the bow and arrow, which she'll be using too, in order to force an approach, or kill at range. Go carts are open on top, and predictably moving targets (takes some time for anything moving fast to turn), and as she gets closer a death-shot gets easier and easier. 999 times out of 1000 Zelda will kill her before she's close, even in pure planes. In every other enviroment, it's worse, every other enviroment has some obstructions Zelda can manuever to prevent herself from being hit.
She also has a bike. But I don't think karts or bikes are allowed. are they?

As an actual swordfighter, I can tell you that her sword is NOT fragile. That's a well-made hand and a half sword (aka bast*** sword). It would break the bat, not vice-versa.

Ok but since i'm ignorant with swords doesn't a half-sword mean a smaller sword? Is it bigger than this? http://www.dabbledoo.com/ee/images/uploads/gamertell/mario_super_sluggers_princess_peach_250.jpg
Or
http://mikejunior.com/assets/images/mgtt_peach.jpg

Her stance, the fact that the sword is real (she wouldn't hold it like that without training, if it was symbolic, it would've been a prop (which the clang revealed wasn't true) or she would've let it rest).
Ok

Incorrect, look at the sword, listen to how it clangs when it hits the ground, look at the lack of designs that actually inhibit function. Also look at the fact that in the game, she's established as having proficency with bow, nobody with proficency with a weapon would ever pick a cerimonial weapon of a type they have no expirience with in an actual battle. Especially not somebody with genius-level intelligence.

Ok

Being large doesn't mean that it takes a while to draw necessarily, though it can. It means you need to be practiced and strong because it requires more strength to fully draw and stores more power, which is not physically impossible for Zelda since she is a fully grown woman. Aiming CAN take a while though. Note that you don't NEED to fully draw the bow.
I'm just saying that in brawl she takes her arrow into one hand as if it was nothing it should be heavier than that, I meant if she didn't aim well she could easily miss, by the time it takes her to aim Peach could just throw some bombs on her.

Bow-drawing mechanics might come into play later, and I'm ready to explain them if necessary.

Well here goes my sad attempt at a rebutal :urg:?

Wait a minute, I know there is more than one Link so doesn't that mean there is more than one Zelda?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
In my mind, Zelda is no doubt the deadlier brawler. I do have one question if you all could give an answer. Unlike Link, I don't think Zelda has a sheath to carry her blade in or a pouch for her bow. I'm confused as of how she would carry both. You need two hands for both weapons; her sword wouldn't be as effective without a two-hand grip. I suppose she could drop the weapon she's not using and pick it up when she switches, but I think it would be fairer if Zelda didn't have her bow.

It doesn't really matter, I guess. This'll be a quick match.

EDIT: @justaway - How exactly can her umbrella be indestructable?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
♥I questioned that, a parasol can't be indestructable but maybe it could be reinforced with something? It's just a desperate attempt :urg:♥
It can be strong if the actual umbrella part is like metal or something, but that would be a very odd umbrella. They're usually some sort of soft, plastic-ish material taht aren't that hard to puncture. The handle can be hard and metalic, but its just not as efficient as alot of other objects. An umbrella makes for an awkward shield. :)

Playing Super Paper Mario will help you very much.
That's not a valid argument. This is IRL.

EDIT: :) And I've beaten and re-beaten that game like ten times. Its fun!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That's not a valid argument. This is IRL.

EDIT: :) And I've beaten and re-beaten that game like ten times. Its fun!
My bad then, I though you didn't know. I already know the rules of this thread, and as I stated, I can't vote because I don't know what can Zelda do without her magic.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I C wut U did thar
Lol, yea. I'm actually annoyed at that game being so anti-feminist by making her fight using... PMS, seriously. Low blow nintendo.

Well if fighting experience means the games she fought in:
Super Princess Peach
Super Mario RPG
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Bros. 2
I'm refering to expirience with actual weaponry, not just games that she fought. Proficency in weapon fighting requires a TON of out of game time (or in-game if you're an rpg).

Her umberella was indestructable (though I don't think it can be unbreakable but I guess it can be extremly strong)
Does her pshcye (sp?) bombs count? It's basically smaller versions of bombs
Did I forget to point that out. It's durable, but it's not particularly powerful.

As for psyche bombs, unfamilar with the mechanics, what game are they from? How do they work?

Other advantages/disaventages
She is shown in sprots games as either fast or skillful/agile
I mean abnormally so. She's athletic, but doesn't seem to show an enormous amount of powess.

I don't think transformations are allowed since we had Sheik vs ZSS, that applies to Tetra aswell I think
Sheik it's arguable that she aquires those abilities due to the transformation, though it seems entirely cosmetic.

Tetra is just a cosmetic change for sure however. Zelda always has access to tetra's abilities because there is no physical difference between the two.

I'll say the same about Sheik unless there's some evidence that it actually changes in terms of muscular composition.

Bat's are still quite strong, if it's real life and you get hit by a bat or a golf club it's hard to get up, it's up to who gets hit first.
Understand, blunt weapon need to hit full on in order to do damage, whereas cutting weapons can deal signifigant damage with a glancing blow. This is a major advantage in battles without heavy armor.

Often in battle, many minor hits are scored, furthermore glancing blows to the right area are still deadly with a sharp weapon, but almost never with a blunt one unless it has a great deal of mass.

She used her parasol as a shield and it was extremly strong, an parasol in real life might be weak but maybe it can be reinforced with something.
Against a hand and a half sword, if for no other reason, it would have the leverage. It would have to have sheets of some kind of metal on the top, and be thick, otherwise it would become deformed and useless after a few blows.

She also has a bike. But I don't think karts or bikes are allowed. are they?
As I explained earlier, doesn't really help, the only weapon's advantage they give her is ramming, and the bow destroys that.

Ok but since i'm ignorant with swords doesn't a half-sword mean a smaller sword? Is it bigger than this? http://www.dabbledoo.com/ee/images/uploads/gamertell/mario_super_sluggers_princess_peach_250.jpg

Depends, how tall is Peach?

I'm just saying that in brawl she takes her arrow into one hand as if it was nothing, I meant if she didn't aim well she could easily miss, by the time it takes her to aim Peach could just throw some bombs on her.
From the range that Peach could throw bombs and hit her, hitting her would be immensly easy and require almost no aiming.

Wait a minute, I know there is more than one Link so doesn't that mean there is more than one Zelda?
Yes, but we're talking about Zelda, not any particular Zelda. If we wanna restrict it to TP Zelda, Windwaker Zelda, OoT Zelda, Link's Awakening Zelda, The Adventures of Link Zelda, or any other Zelda, we could, but Smash Zelda is representative of all those Zeldas.

edit:

In my mind, Zelda is no doubt the deadlier brawler. I do have one question if you all could give an answer. Unlike Link, I don't think Zelda has a sheath to carry her blade in or a pouch for her bow. I'm confused as of how she would carry both. You need two hands for both weapons; her sword wouldn't be as effective without a two-hand grip. I suppose she could drop the weapon she's not using and pick it up when she switches, but I think it would be fairer if Zelda didn't have her bow.
The thing with that is... Zelda is a princess, while she hasn't been shown to carry one, it's extremely obvious that she has the resources to buy one, and if she was carrying both, she'd have it. She also has a quiver, which she could hang the bow on in a pinch. Or she could just camp.

That said, she DOES have the knife, which has a a sheath.

Fairer =/= more realistic. This is an example of a horribly **** match-up realistically and it's not right to impose restrictions to make it "fairer".

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Fairer =/= more realistic. This is an example of a horribly **** match-up realistically and it's not right to impose restrictions to make it "fairer".
I honestly knew that you or somebody else would say that. :laugh: fair enough...or not.

Oh, and the thing with the "having the resources" to acquire a quiver or pouch or whatevs, is that alot of people have the "resources" to acquire something that could help them in the battle. Like, Marth would "have the resources" to acquire better armor in his match against Link. It may be a little different in other cases, but it doesn't seem too different IMO.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Just for kicks, 1'll give you guys a clue as to who Samus will be going against:

IT I5 A B0SS

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Darn it, I can't read it now that you've blacked it out. JK - it's a boss, huh?

I hope its not Ridley or M. Ridley... I hope its Galleom or Duon. :)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I honestly knew that you or somebody else would say that. :laugh: fair enough...or not.

Oh, and the thing with the "having the resources" to acquire a quiver or pouch or whatevs, is that alot of people have the "resources" to acquire something that could help them in the battle. Like, Marth would "have the resources" to acquire better armor in his match against Link. It may be a little different in other cases, but it doesn't seem too different IMO.
The main thing is it's quite obvious that if she owns item, she owns the essential equiptment to carry it. Unlike with Marth where it would an upgrade, with Zelda it's an essential, you just didn't own a sword and not own a sheath unless you stole the sword (princess, she doesn't need to).

In other words, it's an item that she's implied to have due to ownership of it's companion item and having the resources that it would be ridiculous for her not to have both.

Why not carry them in battle? In both cases she only held one of the two, in the first because it was a last stand at close range, the second because they were fighting on horseback, plus she had no chance to prepare.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I see and understand. Dang it; I just can't think clearly...:ohwell:
Lol, nah, this is more me knowing a bit TOO much about medieval culture in relation to weapons. Obsessive multi-cultural martial artist if you didn't get that already.

Your point was valid based on what I said initially without quantifying it properly.

justaway12

Smash Master
It can be strong if the actual umbrella part is like metal or something, but that would be a very odd umbrella. They're usually some sort of soft, plastic-ish material taht aren't that hard to puncture. The handle can be hard and metalic, but its just not as efficient as alot of other objects. An umbrella makes for an awkward shield. :)
Yeah, it is quite akward but it's better than some others since it covers her entire body

Lol, yea. I'm actually annoyed at that game being so anti-feminist by making her fight using... PMS, seriously. Low blow nintendo.

Yeah, but it's okay, she's a woman, nobody cares ;).

I'm refering to expirience with actual weaponry, not just games that she fought. Proficency in weapon fighting requires a TON of out of game time (or in-game if you're an rpg).
I don't think so, unless you count training mode in sports games, but I don't think so.

Did I forget to point that out. It's durable, but it's not particularly powerful.
I just thought I would thought I would point that out since it was quite powerful in Super Paper Mario

As for psyche bombs, unfamilar with the mechanics, what game are they from? How do they work?
They are from Super Mario RPG, you just pull them out and throw, except for a few second charging them up.

I mean abnormally so. She's athletic, but doesn't seem to show an enormous amount of powess.
Ok

Sheik it's arguable that she aquires those abilities due to the transformation, though it seems entirely cosmetic.
I think it shouldn't be allowed as Zelda's abilties didn't count, but I think it's best to wait for Joe!.

Tetra is just a cosmetic change for sure however. Zelda always has access to tetra's abilities because there is no physical difference between the two.

I'll say the same about Sheik unless there's some evidence that it actually changes in terms of muscular composition.

I guess that counts, I don't really know anything about LoZ so i'll take your word for it.

Understand, blunt weapon need to hit full on in order to do damage, whereas cutting weapons can deal signifigant damage with a glancing blow. This is a major advantage in battles without heavy armor.

Often in battle, many minor hits are scored, furthermore glancing blows to the right area are still deadly with a sharp weapon, but almost never with a blunt one unless it has a great deal of mass.
I understand that swords can attack faster and doesn't take as much effort it's much easiear(sp?), blunt objects do take longer but it doesn't require a huge amout power to attack but I do understand what you mean. (I think) If she has more range than Zelda I would see it being somewhat even

Against a hand and a half sword, if for no other reason, it would have the leverage. It would have to have sheets of some kind of metal on the top, and be thick, otherwise it would become deformed and useless after a few blows.
It was extremly powerful, I would imagine it was covered in a couple of sheets of metals

As I explained earlier, doesn't really help, the only weapon's advantage they give her is ramming, and the bow destroys that.
Well it would have been good for evading attacks.

Depends, how tall is Peach?
I think Brawl/Melee is the only we can find the difference between them, Zelda is taller but not that much bigger.

From the range that Peach could throw bombs and hit her, hitting her would be immensly easy and require almost no aiming.
It wouldn't take long to throw her bombs aswell.

Yes, but we're talking about Zelda, not any particular Zelda. If we wanna restrict it to TP Zelda, Windwaker Zelda, OoT Zelda, Link's Awakening Zelda, The Adventures of Link Zelda, or any other Zelda, we could, but Smash Zelda is representative of all those Zeldas.

I thought we were talking about TP/OoT Zelda since those were the ones in Brawl/Melee

...Well, that's all I got :(

After reading this, I'm REALLY not sure if I should post this... ah well, i'll just go for it.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Lol, nah, this is more me knowing a bit TOO much about medieval culture in relation to weapons. Obsessive multi-cultural martial artist if you didn't get that already.
Rofl; yeah, that's pretty cool. Its more the Yoshi/Ivysaur match-up. :) Man, I'm still feeling the sting off that one; that was a disaster... Rofl. I seem to vote the eventual loser lately, namely Yoshi and Ray. Technically, my chosen character is winning this time, but only because this match is so unfair.

Bats can be wooden or metal. I would have thought that Peach's would be the latter. It wouldn't really become deformed easily if it was. That's a solid plank of steel there.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I'm not really gettin' how those statistics help the match... but I do believe the bat is more durable then believed to be as I just stated above.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
If Peach could use her armor from Strikers (the one in your signature, Justaway), she could actually stand up to Zelda. :)

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Zelda has a bow, She could **** ganon with her light arrows.........

Now I know magic is not allowed, but I would take Zelda in this match. She would pin down and kill peach before peach got in fighting range.

I'll also take into account that Zelda is very good, perhaps a master of disguise, She can blend into many terrains and make turn the landscape into her advantage.

Peach does have more powerful stuff including bombs, and plenty of athleticism, and a variety of interesting weapons. Therefore I would give her an advantage up close considering I don't know the extent of zelda's skill with her up close weaponry.

But I'm fairly certain the bow outraged anything peach can do, whether throw bombs or whatever, I would anticipate Zelda to use her bow in a hit and hide type of match. I think she'll kill peach before she even finds or gets close to zelda......Therefore I give Zelda the win.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
It doesn't cover a lot of her body, only her arms, chest and her upper thigh, the lazy shell was like the ultimate defence in RPG but weakened her attack by half, so that might not be helpful.
I was mostly just joking. :laugh: No, Zelda takes this by a landslide. I'm done here at this match-up; didn't do much. :)

Moozle

Smash Champion
It saddens me to say it, but I think Zelda really does win by a landslide. The only thing I can think to support the idea that peach might win is that she would never be alone and would have bodyguards and whatnot. Still, Zelda is the winner. (Oh I forgot about her bombs but I don't think that would change much)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
They would both have body guards. The only thing is that Zelda's would be well-equipped soldiers armed with lances or something. Peach's guards are Toads....:ohwell:

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♡Goodness me! Is this matchup over? :dizzy:

♡I was about to say something...^__^;

♡Anywho...Princess Peach is known for being low powered but agile and technical (Strategic) in most, if not all sports games. Hurray for third person narratives. ;)

♡She is also capable of doing somersaults, as seen in Super Mario Strikers.

♡She is also known for having given Yoshi and Mario a SUPER SCOPE in a game called Yoshi's Safari. (Whether she can use it in this fight is unknown, but there is actually proof that she has access to these kinds of things and no implications of her having access to firearms is needed.)

♡Princess Peach is good at Archery,Pitching, Vault(leaping over obstacles) and Aquatics. Don't judge a princess by her cover. ;)

♡Zelda isn't the only one who has long ranged attacks!;)

♡Zelda isn't shown to be nearly as speedy as her counterpart, Sheik, and Peach is known for having good Aim too. Peach can do a wide variety of things such as smacking a tennis ball, pitching a baseball,putting a golfball or kicking a soccer ball at Zelda's face..with precision of course! ;)

♡When stunned (or knocked out) Peach will be able to pummel Zelda with a racket, bat, club, frying pan, or without any weapons. She has quite a lot of options to choose from! ^__^

♡Of course...if we included the super scope, things would be even easier. ;)

♡Peach is a tad bit too quick for Zelda....and the only reason she gets captured is an excuse to give Mario a little present. ;)

♡Well...that was my two cents! I hope I was able to contribute! ^__^

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♡Btw, I think we're doing one on one matchups....not with armies! ^__^;

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
It's a draw? I mean both have been captured repeatedly by the same bad guys and saved by the same heroes.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
NO! No more draws!

@Peachy - Is it appropriate to include things from Mario's Sports series? I dunno, they're different from the "real" games in the series IMO. After all, the Sports series was created because of the popularity of Mario; if Peach COULDN'T jump obstacles or hit a home run or win the Tennis Championship, she would be a waste of space in that respective game. Is the stuff they do in those games really legitimate?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't think so, unless you count training mode in sports games, but I don't think so.
Doesn't teach how to use it as a weapon, and that's the important thing here.

I just thought I would thought I would point that out since it was quite powerful in Super Paper Mario
I understand. Too ackward to use as a shield though, and not too realistic unless metal-plated.

They are from Super Mario RPG, you just pull them out and throw, except for a few second charging them up.
I meant "how the explosion occurs", I checked around a bit and there don't seem to be animations or anything around, you know where I could find them.

I think it shouldn't be allowed as Zelda's abilties didn't count, but I think it's best to wait for Joe!.

[/COLOR][/B]
Her magical abilities, but I'm saying that there's no reason to believe that the magic used is anything other then cosmetic, because it's entirely realistic for Zelda to aquire those abilities through simple training.

I understand that swords can attack faster and doesn't take as much effort it's much easiear(sp?), blunt objects do take longer but it doesn't require a huge amout power to attack but I do understand what you mean. (I think) If she has more range than Zelda I would see it being somewhat even
Swords don't always attack faster, depends on the weapon. My kali sticks attack a lot faster then a longsword.

But the point I'm making is that there doesn't have to be much power behind a slashing attack to do damage to a non-armored opponent, whereas blunt weapons require a lot of power.

To show this, take your fist (a blunt weapon) and push it against a secured reletively tough piece of fabric that you don't want anymore, gradually increasing the amount of force you apply. Now do the same thing with a razor sharp knife.

Unless the fabric is amazingly delicate, the knife will cut through it with signifigantly less force.

And no, that wouldn't make it somewhat even. Realistically, training rules. Even if you equip one with better weapons then another, the one with superior training will be much better able to take advantage of openings. It's only when the differences are drastic that training is negated (Koskinator, a Ganon main, will beat most MK players simply because he's much better at the game, it's only when the skill level is remotely comparable that the horrible match-up comes into play).

Regardless, Zelda is overall, much better equipped, so it's like me playing Ganondorf against M2K.

It was extremly powerful, I would imagine it was covered in a couple of sheets of metals
That would be very odd, but it would make it extremely ackward, and also quite heavy. Making it thin enough to be carried without being ackward would mean that this is a problem.

The thing is, a sword's weight is centered, whereas the parasol is not. If it moves a little to the side, the entire thing would shift very suddenly.

Well it would have been good for evading attacks.
Yea, but you can't really attack from either except ramming, which means she has no means of defense.

I think Brawl/Melee is the only we can find the difference between them, Zelda is taller but not that much bigger.
It's not about difference between the two. I need her height to figure out how large her bat would be.

It wouldn't take long to throw her bombs aswell.
Depends on the mechanics of the bombs, but yes. But combat would probably start at a range well beyond that.

I thought we were talking about TP/OoT Zelda since those were the ones in Brawl/Melee

...Well, that's all I got :(
Nah, they LOOKED like the OoT/TP Zelda, it's established that Link is omni-Link due to the constant references to other Links, therefore since Zelda is in the same situation, it applies to her as well, that and certain attributes reference to other games (especially costume changes).

Really, it wasn't OoT Zelda or TP Zelda that appeared in smash, it was just Zelda, though the overall cosmetic design had to be drawn from somewhere.

Bats can be wooden or metal. I would have thought that Peach's would be the latter. It wouldn't really become deformed easily if it was. That's a solid plank of steel there.
Not steel, Aluminium. Aluminium is reletively soft though, whereas steel is a great deal stronger, and Zelda's sword is steel.

♡Goodness me! Is this matchup over? :dizzy:

♡I was about to say something...^__^;

♡Anywho...Princess Peach is known for being low powered but agile and technical (Strategic) in most, if not all sports games. Hurray for third person narratives. ;)

♡She is also capable of doing somersaults, as seen in Super Mario Strikers.

♡She is also known for having given Yoshi and Mario a SUPER SCOPE in a game called Yoshi's Safari. (Whether she can use it in this fight is unknown, but there is actually proof that she has access to these kinds of things and no implications of her having access to firearms is needed.)

♡Princess Peach is good at Archery,Pitching, Vault(leaping over obstacles) and Aquatics. Don't judge a princess by her cover. ;)

♡Zelda isn't the only one who has long ranged attacks!;)

♡Zelda isn't shown to be nearly as speedy as her counterpart, Sheik, and Peach is known for having good Aim too. Peach can do a wide variety of things such as smacking a tennis ball, pitching a baseball,putting a golfball or kicking a soccer ball at Zelda's face..with precision of course! ;)

♡When stunned (or knocked out) Peach will be able to pummel Zelda with a racket, bat, club, frying pan, or without any weapons. She has quite a lot of options to choose from! ^__^

♡Of course...if we included the super scope, things would be even easier. ;)

♡Peach is a tad bit too quick for Zelda....and the only reason she gets captured is an excuse to give Mario a little present. ;)

♡Well...that was my two cents! I hope I was able to contribute! ^__^

Access=/=ability to use.

I very much doubt that we could consider sports even remotely canon.

Improvised weapons like Golf balls are not gonna do much against a trained fighter, furthermore, they lack the killing power and/or accuracy of actual weapons. That's why they're not used as such. Also, her accuracy with such is defined by player input, unlike Zelda, who is shown to act independantly. Therefore, we have no way to judge Peach's accuracy.

Again, Zelda = Sheik, unless you have something to prove that the magic costume change is more then cosmetic and actually changes her physical abilities.

Real weaponry + real training > improvised sports equiptment.

Top Bottom