• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
@JOE

Wha-?

You said in the OP, that their weapons are decided by us.
Giving them lame lasers is dumb. They'll do nothing to Samus.

A rocket launcher, though, will wreck Samus
Can Falco carry that rocket launcher?
We did say (in the very beginning) that falco was a bird, and his bones were hollow. Less support, and look at the size of the rocket launcher.

I'm cool with that.

If you guys haven't realized already, I'm putting in all my effort in order to make Falco win. Yeah, I'm not being objective at all, but idc.
Not only is it lopsided, Falco doesn't have the bone structure to support it. You're nerfing Falco by giving him a rocket launcher.

tocador

Smash Lord
Now-a-day, we can have weapons the size of bazzokas that weight as much as a pistol.

Weapons are like heavy anymore(well, there are still heavy weapons, but these are low-tech weapons, more cost efficient for battles)

UncleSam

Smash Master
Now-a-day, we can have weapons the size of bazzokas that weight as much as a pistol.
you are over-exaggerating, but I know what you are talking about.

Weapons are like heavy anymore(well, there are still heavy weapons, but these are low-tech weapons, more cost efficient for battles)

THIS IS NOT

THIS
get it straight.

tocador

Smash Lord
you are over-exaggerating, but I know what you are talking about.

THIS IS NOT

THIS
get it straight.
A normal bazooka weights about 13.00lbs, 5.9 kg.

Birds can carry this weight easily, and a half-bird half-man can sure lift up 6kg(or else he wouldnt even be able to wear his outfit.

But yeah, they arent the same, the zooka looks like its made from a steelish material, but its too shiny to be so. I'd guess maybe optic fiber, or another type of "really good plastic material", which would in fact weight just about the same(or even less) than a normal zooka.

UncleSam

Smash Master
A normal bazooka weights about 13.00lbs, 5.9 kg.

Birds can carry this weight easily, and a half-bird half-man can sure lift up 6kg(or else he wouldnt even be able to wear his outfit.

But yeah, they arent the same, the zooka looks like its made from a steelish material, but its too shiny to be so. I'd guess maybe optic fiber, or another type of "really good plastic material", which would in fact weight just about the same(or even less) than a normal zooka.
Multiple things I'd like to point out.
First thing is it weights on average 13lbs. UNLOADED
When loaded with a warhead it adds another 9-10 lbs.
Second of all, fiber optic metal is thin and weak, the launching force would rip apart fiber optic metal.
not only that but the launching force would do something to falco, he's holding a bazooka about his size firing A-T warheads, when he has hollow bones. There'd obviously be a ricocheting force.

tocador

Smash Lord
Multiple things I'd like to point out.
First thing is it weights on average 13lbs. UNLOADED
When loaded with a warhead it adds another 9-10 lbs.
Second of all, fiber optic metal is thin and weak, the launching force would rip apart fiber optic metal.
not only that but the launching force would do something to falco, he's holding a bazooka about his size firing A-T warheads, when he has hollow bones. There'd obviously be a ricocheting force.
Missels weight about 4lbs, so a normal zooka, loaded, would weight 17 lbs.

Optic fiber isnt weak, they can endure some heavy hits.

But i think you are right, the tension excerced by the zooka would be too much for optic fiber. So then, it must be some kind of metal, like iron/steel, which would prolly increase the weight from 13lbs > 23lbs easily(maybe even more). But still, a 27lbs weapons isnt that much =O.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Missels weight about 4lbs, so a normal zooka, loaded, would weight 17 lbs.

Optic fiber isnt weak, they can endure some heavy hits.

But i think you are right, the tension excerced by the zooka would be too much for optic fiber. So then, it must be some kind of metal, like iron/steel, which would prolly increase the weight from 13lbs > 23lbs easily(maybe even more). But still, a 27lbs weapons isnt that much =O.
For a bird? You're kidding right?
wikipedia said:
M20A1/A1B1
Length (when assembled for firing): 60 in (1,524 mm)
Caliber: 89 mm (3.5 in)
Weight (Unloaded): M20A1: 14.3 lb (6.5 kg); M20A1B1: 13 lb (5.9 kg)
Warhead: M28A2 HEAT (9 lb) or T127E3/M30 WP (8.96 lb)
Range
Maximum: 999 yds (913.4856 m)
Effective (Stationary Target/Moving Target): 300 yd (274.32 m) /200 yd (182.88 m)
Crew: 2, operator and loader
most recent bazooka model

tocador

Smash Lord

This is the zooka you provided me the stats.

It isnt really the "ultra-modern zooka" that we can say it is, but sure, it was the one used in the past few wars.

But again, these ones are made to be produced in mass quantitys, so they tend to use the most resistant and the most COST EFFECTIVE, things they can find. It dosent even try to minimize the weight on it.

But sure, if you do the math, it is 25-26 lbs maximum right? About, 10-11KG if i did my math correctly.

For a human to handle it. OK

For a bird to handle it, not so likely, depends on bird(AkA giant eagles or big birds like ostrichs, or pterodactyls).

For a Bird-a-noid to carry it, dosent sound impossible.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
Samus still has her missiles.
If you take away all of their weapons, Samus wins.
Wolf = Kills Fox and Bird.
Fox = Kills bird.
Falcon = Kills.
Armor Suit = Kills all
Considering that we are letting the Star Fox people are humanoid, this still applies.
It would get down to Samus and Wolf, and while Wolf would be quicker, his attacks wouldn't do much.

UncleSam

Smash Master

This is the zooka you provided me the stats.

It isnt really the "ultra-modern zooka" that we can say it is, but sure, it was the one used in the past few wars.

But again, these ones are made to be produced in mass quantitys, so they tend to use the most resistant and the most COST EFFECTIVE, things they can find. It dosent even try to minimize the weight on it.

But sure, if you do the math, it is 25-26 lbs maximum right? About, 10-11KG if i did my math correctly.

For a human to handle it. OK

For a bird to handle it, not so likely, depends on bird(AkA giant eagles or big birds like ostrichs, or pterodactyls).

For a Bird-a-noid to carry it, dosent sound impossible.
Star Fox wikia says that Falco most likely represents a peregrine Falcon. Male peregrine falcons are small.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_Falcon

tocador

Smash Lord
Star Fox wikia says that Falco most likely represents a peregrine Falcon. Male peregrine falcons are small.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_Falcon
Male peregrines falcons can dive @ 300 kph, and still steer/brake withought their body exploding from sheer pressure.

This means that a bird-a-noids, could sure handle the pressure and the weight of a silly bazooka :p. No kidding here, its just that for someone to handle such high amounts of speed, it must have a very strong bone structure that can handle sheer's amounts of pressure and weight ^^.

Point taken, lets move on =P!

JOE!

Smash Hero
hey, guys, look nack on past MU's like theOP says:

Samus has 1 MISSLE

her powersuit isnt super-powerful. Shots wil breach eventully

UncleSam

Smash Master
Falco could very well have the muscle tone to support the weight with relative ease.

Besides, it's not like Wolf and Fox don't have one either.

3 bazookas >>> Samus with one missle.
Falco is kinda scrawny, and his arms are just wings. And it's not like all 3 are going to be teaming up, it's a free for all.
It's already stated that Samus>Wolf.
and Wolf>Fox
so Samus>Fox
all we need to do is worry about falco.

tocador

Smash Lord
Falco is kinda scrawny, and his arms are just wings. And it's not like all 3 are going to be teaming up, it's a free for all.
and Wolf>Fox
so Samus>Fox
Its also known that samus is the only one withought a reflector, and should have the deadliest weapons.

"The enemy of my enemy(in this case) of my enemy is my friend."

In this case, teaming up to take the big fish out first is what logically speaking, animals would do. Heck even humans do it.

REL38

Smash Lord
and Wolf>Fox
so Samus>Fox
Lemme give you an example.

If you were facing off against 2 other people you know and an unknown, armored enemy.

Which of the Spacies won't pick a weapon capable if penetrating a heavily armored opponent?

I highly doubt any of them would settle for a laser gun.

Besides, it's not like they can't have two weapons to carry. Bazooka + small handheld weapon.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Male peregrines falcons can dive @ 300 kph, and still steer/brake withought their body exploding from sheer pressure.
I don't think you know how birds dive.

This means that a bird-a-noids, could sure handle the pressure and the weight of a silly bazooka :p. No kidding here, its just that for someone to handle such high amounts of speed, it must have a very strong bone structure that can handle sheer's amounts of pressure and weight ^^.

Point taken, lets move on =P!
Learn how a bird dives first, if you drop a weight on a bird, you crush it...
hey, guys, look nack on past MU's like theOP says:
And they also didn't have bazookas then either so w/e

her powersuit isnt super-powerful. Shots wil breach eventully
After they burn through 20,000 units of suit shield energy. Plus 500 reserve.

not necesarily Sam, Fox has a better gun that samus can't really defend against
Fox has a better gun wtf?

Its also known that samus is the only one withought a reflector, and should have the deadliest weapons.
The armor is very resistant to explosives and any energy weapon
Play Metroid Prime

"The enemy of my enemy(in this case) of my enemy is my friend."

In this case, teaming up to take the big fish out first is what logically speaking, animals would do. Heck even humans do it.
It's going to end up as a paradox, because wolf is an enemy of fox and falco but also samus, so samus, wolf, fox/falco could team up
or Fox, Falco, Wolf/samus could team up
And they'll just end up double-crossing each other anyway since it is a free for all.
Take note how I haven't started talking about Hypermode

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Edit: Wouldn't Fox win due to speed?
Unless you didn't give him a bazooka.

Every1 has bazookas= Fox.
Everyone has normal Weapons= Samus.
Fox+bazooka= That ain't Falco.

I think Samus and Wolf would be lone wolves (LOL) and wouldn't team up.
AFAIK Samus never teamed up except for that federation thingy.

Falco+Fox would team up definatly.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Wut?
Samus is armored and prolly has MUCH better weapons.
Unless JOE! gave WolFi/Flaco/Foxy really good weapons this isn't a match.
it says same as previous matches, and we never talked about rocket launchers until now so...
Would personalities (basically Fox/Falco not shooting Falco/Fox) count?
they're trying to add that in
Edit: Wouldn't Fox win due to speed?
Who's a better shot, somebody with built in targeting, or somebody running around/away from its target?

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Samus' armor isn't that strong and she only has one missile shot. After that, it's just the basic stuff.

The spacies will see Samus as a threat(armored mofo with a guaranteed kill shot) and pick her off easy.

Anyway, according to wiki on assault...

Weapons and items

"Assault features a number of projectile weapons, such as the blaster, machine gun, Homing Launcher, sniper rifle, the hand grenade, and the demon sniper[2] Also used is the Plasma Cannon, a rapid-fire gun with unlimited ammunition. This, however, is only used at two specific points in Assault. The game also has a number of special items, including personal barriers which deflect enemy attacks. The usual rings seen in other Star Fox games that restore a vehicle's shield are also present."

tocador

Smash Lord
I don't think you know how birds dive.

Learn how a bird dives first, if you drop a weight on a bird, you crush it...

And they also didn't have bazookas then either so w/e

After they burn through 20,000 units of suit shield energy. Plus 500 reserve.

Fox has a better gun wtf?

The armor is very resistant to explosives and any energy weapon
Play Metroid Prime

It's going to end up as a paradox, because wolf is an enemy of fox and falco but also samus, so samus, wolf, fox/falco could team up
or Fox, Falco, Wolf/samus could team up
And they'll just end up double-crossing each other anyway since it is a free for all.
Take note how I haven't started talking about Hypermode
I dont think you know that when under a certain amount of speed, you body is put under huges amount of pressure, mainly because of the resistance offered by Air. A quick fact: If your body enters a state in which its acceleration is more than 5 times the gravity acceleration, you die because you will dizimate, just because of the speed.

Birds can handle huges amount of pressure, and huges amount of weight compared to what they would normally do. Based solely on the bird stucture, a falcon wouldnt handle 60psi of pressure, but in fact it can handle over 200.

@Spamus nao: Do spacies know it? But she is sure to be the only onde they dont know, and has no reflector on her. She will be the one to be targeted first, and even you know that besides being good, the armor isnt godly agaisnt high-tech weapons.

Hypermode is over-canon for this MU. Plus, i explained it, when meeting a different specie, and you know it will fight you, you will first ally to what you know to kill the unknown, to then backstab your "friends".

UncleSam

Smash Master
I dont think you know that when under a certain amount of speed, you body is put under huges amount of pressure, mainly because of the resistance offered by Air. A quick fact: If your body enters a state in which its acceleration is more than 5 times the gravity acceleration, you die because you will dizimate, just because of the speed.

Birds can handle huges amount of pressure, and huges amount of weight compared to what they would normally do. Based solely on the bird stucture, a falcon wouldnt handle 60psi of pressure, but in fact it can handle over 200.
You are forgetting beak structure.

Plus, i explained it, when meeting a different specie, and you know it will fight you, you will first ally to what you know to kill the unknown, to then backstab your "friends".
Wolf isn't a friend of Fox or Falco.
If we go by teaming then it becomes 2 on 2.
You know, I knew this MU would come but I always thought of it as all of them in their respective airships.

tocador

Smash Lord
Yeah it would been awesome if each one had their air ship

But fox would win, cause of grey fox =/.

And, so what about beak structure? It can handle the sheer amount of pressure =/;

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Falco and Fox are bUUUUUUUUUUUUUudies, so I doubt they would kill each other, instead team up.
Samus has really good armor but not against bazooka's.
Fox is prolly fasterthan the other two.
Wolf doesn't have his scouter.
Falco can't fly AFAIK.

We need to balance weapons out.
A bazooka is too strong.
A lazer is worthless.
Samus has a missle that will prolly OHKO one of them.

Samus has armor.
Wolf has only a little bit.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Don't see why Wolf would team with Samus. At best, he helps her for a while and kills her. He probably wants to 1on1 Fox, anyway. But before that happens, Fox+Falco would probably kill him, too.

I think once we know the fulls scope of the spacies weaponry, we can determine how it will play out.

They have access to mines, Gatling guns, sniper rifles(yeah, somewhat useless), etc.

EDIT: Don't think blaster is useless. It's pretty much a sub weapon that the spacies can use to fry each other at some point.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Yeah it would been awesome if each one had their air ship

But fox would win, cause of grey fox =/.
I'd question that

And, so what about beak structure? It can handle the sheer amount of pressure =/;
The beak is the thing that takes the most strain from Air pressure, just like the nose and wings of airplanes. When a bird dives it tucks its wings in. So it can reach amazing speeds. The beak is where the aerodynamics are. And bird beaks (esp. falcons) are strong obv.
humans have no aerodynamically correct part of the body to handle pressures like that, thats why we splat.

tocador

Smash Lord
I'd question that

The beak is the thing that takes the most strain from Air pressure, just like the nose and wings of airplanes. When a bird dives it tucks its wings in. So it can reach amazing speeds. The beak is where the aerodynamics are. And bird beaks (esp. falcons) are strong obv.
humans have no aerodynamically correct part of the body to handle pressures like that, thats why we splat.
A human body can reach incredible speed withought splating, its jsut the acceleration. If i recall, there is no living animal that can go over a accel of 5g(50 m/s).

I know about the aerodinamics from the beak, but even with it, like i said, the pressure birds can suport are over 200 psi, when in fact, it was thought they could only handle like 60 psi.

For a more common example, 200 psi is basically the pressure a paintball speed is put over, a bird, the falcon you suggested, can handle 450 psi if the internet didnt lie to me.

UncleSam

Smash Master
It is because while strong, how is she really gonna have that many energy tanks, or even make the shield around the suit in the first place?
The energy shield isn't like a bubble or anything. more of a layer. And it's not like "20,000 units the carrier must be ****ing huge."

JOE!

Smash Hero
all I'm saying is that in her games she needs like 20 tanks do get that, where is she putting them?

even then, how does she make the force field?

UncleSam

Smash Master
all I'm saying is that in her games she needs like 20 tanks do get that, where is she putting them?

even then, how does she make the force field?
It basically energizes the suit to make it very durable against weaponry, if the suit is damaged, the suit instead loses energy, when it runs out of energy, it's open to be pierced.

Top Bottom