• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yes, he does.

But could he move if link manages to shoot him in the leg with the hookshot?

I mena, thats gotta be like 10x worse than an arrow regarding the damage it would do to your musculature..

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yes, he does.

But could he move if link manages to shoot him in the leg with the hookshot?

I mena, thats gotta be like 10x worse than an arrow regarding the damage it would do to your musculature..
Not really, it's more concussive, and again, springloaded, an arrow is still gonna do more damage. Plus, it's got a very low effective range, barely more then twice Roy's sword range, and Roy can close that gap in less then a split second.

Muscles also tend to be more yielding then wood, making piercing/slashing damage more effective on them. Go for the kneecap, or other vulnerable bone.

Furthermore, legs are rather hard to hit with projectiles unless they're large projectiles, due to their nature as where most movement starts.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Young Link has his abilities in Majora's Mask, or obtains the Great Fairy Sword, then that is more of a match for Roy. I can't speak for Toon Link though.

BlueHurricane

Smash Cadet
I can't believe you guys forgot that Roy's Sword of Seals can shoot beams of fire. He shouldn't have a problem reaching YL/TL from a long range.

Edit: Disregard that, read first post.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
TL was magic armor... I could've sworn that nothing can hurt him when he has it on. YL has a load of weapons, masks and heart containers. I doubt that Roy would even be able to touch him.

Oh yeah and YL can conrtol time >_>.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
TL was magic armor... I could've sworn that nothing can hurt him when he has it on. YL has a load of weapons, masks and heart containers. I doubt that Roy would even be able to touch him.

As far as impenetrable armor and controlling time goes, it doesn't fit into the "in real life" category. This is supposed to be a closest to real life debate, assuming at most that the characters exist.

LEGOF

Smash Rookie
NNID
keimakona
3DS FC
2036-6575-6309
For Roy Vs Young or Toon Link:
I think Roy has the edge with his sword leaving a burn.Young Link has speed and is harder to hit but his shield is wooden/small. If he gets his shield burned by Roy's sword, he's left defenseless with a small sword and little power. I gotta give it to Roy.

LEGOF

Smash Rookie
NNID
keimakona
3DS FC
2036-6575-6309
I just noticed...
No ph1r3...
My bad...
I still think Roy would win. A wooden shield isn't that hard to slice in half.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team

There seem to be some people who give Link points for his weapons or items, but I thought that he was only allowed to bring his hookshot and sword... Maybe I missed it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
There seem to be some people who give Link points for his weapons or items, but I thought that he was only allowed to bring his hookshot and sword... Maybe I missed it.
Magic, no. Hence the "real life" part. This would be more interesting with magic (aka, probably not a rout). Though, he's just not allowed one weapon, he's allowed what he can carry, though the more he carries the more difficult movement will be.

Still, with magic, Roy can do this...

Been a while since I played Majora's mask, so Young Link might be able to deal with it.

Toon Link can do this though:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Although it could be interesting, with magic, Y Link can do this and this

anywho, So far Roy ha sthe edge with longer range, and an ability to get around Link's defenses...

unless anyone has any imput on link with his gilded sword and hookshot?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I suppose the Fire Rod and Ice Rod are magical. And the Megaton hammer is too heavy for Link to even thing of using. :laugh:

Also, I forgot that there is one weapon he could use from OoT. The Longshot. It says on the Zelda Wikia here that it is a "hookshot with improved functionality and twice the range."

Also, Young Link shouldn't be limited to a wooden shield, as he acquires two stronger, metallic shields in OoT.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think it would just be a repeat of Link vs Marth, just with a few more kills on teh fire emblem side...

Anywho, im gonna call it here:

:roymelee:(our boi) 630 / 370 :toonlink::younglinkmelee:

Roy just has too much of a range and skill gap on Little Link to overcome.

Granted, Link will get some kills, the majority of the time Roy will pull ahead

JOE!

Smash Hero
Now, real quick, before I go onto a new match, I belive we should go over an ineligable list?

I mean, some characters simply would flat-out be 1000/0 <- them vs anybody, Like Jigglypuff.

they simply arent lethal...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I think it would just be a repeat of Link vs Marth, just with a few more kills on teh fire emblem side...

:roymelee:(our boi) 580 / 420 :toonlink::younglinkmelee:

New match, then?

xTrav8

Smash Cadet
Daisy's in the smash series. Don't know what you're thinking. :p

Any other ideas?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

:roymelee:(our boi) 580 / 420 :toonlink::younglinkmelee:

More like 700/300 aprox, both the slingshot and the longshot are way too unreliable at dealing deadly or cripling damage, and once inside, Roy just dominates.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ah, I got a cool one, and yes, theyre both in SMASH ;)

@amb, changed it to 630/370, i think Link could get a few more kills than that

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ah, I got a cool one, and yes, theyre both in SMASH ;)

@amb, changed it to 630/370, i think Link could get a few more kills than that
K, also wanted to address some comments....

Honestly, due to more raw expirience Marth or Roy wins on the inside against Link, but the ranged weapons more then make up for it, but the match is more terrian dependant. You gotta remember, arrows are better against large groups when fired in large groups then in 1 v 1 because it is possible to block/dodge, albiet difficult without a shield.

Taking a look back... God.... Marth vs. Link that was bad. Any sword can kill, quite easily. If we assume that it's sharp, it will easily be able to land a leathal blow. Or if it has sufficent bulk.

580-420 is probably the margin, Roy's probably gonna do better though, more like 550-450. Both Link's advantage.

Snake vs. Sheik?

JOE!

Smash Hero
K, also wanted to address some comments....

Honestly, due to more raw expirience Marth or Roy wins on the inside against Link, but the ranged weapons more then make up for it, but the match is more terrian dependant. You gotta remember, arrows are better against large groups when fired in large groups then in 1 v 1 because it is possible to block/dodge, albiet difficult without a shield.

Taking a look back... God.... Marth vs. Link that was bad. Any sword can kill, quite easily. If we assume that it's sharp, it will easily be able to land a leathal blow. Or if it has sufficent bulk.

580-420 is probably the margin, Roy's probably gonna do better though, more like 550-450. Both Link's advantage.

Snake vs. Sheik?
how was Link vs Marth bad? well yeah, it was the 1st one ever, but think about it:

Link had a shield, lather and chainmail, as well as a wider sword to block/deflect/lessen the blow of marth's slimmer sword. Whereas link's master sword could probably cut to Marth's spin from the side seeing as he had no armor, and it was heavier.

Who had the deadlier blade in that scenario?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
how was Link vs Marth bad? well yeah, it was the 1st one ever, but think about it:

Link had a shield, lather and chainmail, as well as a wider sword to block/deflect/lessen the blow of marth's slimmer sword. Whereas link's master sword could probably cut to Marth's spin from the side seeing as he had no armor, and it was heavier.

Who had the deadlier blade in that scenario?
Oh forgot the chainmail.

Regardless, I think you're making some assumptions about the Falchion. It's slimmer, but even though he's wielding it badly, it's definately a longsword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zu2z7GVQHY

Sorry about the spoilers.

Those things were made to batter people to death in full platmail. The chainmail will help with the slashing damage, but the bludgening damage is gonna honestly kill Link.

Honestly, yea, I did forget about the chainmail, but I knew that it should have the heft to deal deadly damage if hitting the center of mass, I knew it did, but I didn't realize by how much, because I honestly didn't remember it was a longsword till now.

Also... BTW the difference in reach between Marth and Link is quite large.

Link's sword is less then half his body length. Marth's is almost as long as his body, that's a major difference.

Both blades are deadly on hit, close-range, marth gets a definate advantage, but Link's projectiles give him the overall edge, granted, they limit him in close range.

Edit: This also gives some insight into how tall they are, I'll explain if it becomes necessary.

Edit2: It initially looks a lot shorter then it is because it's at an odd angle, but check out when he actually HITS with the Falchion.

JOE!

Smash Hero
regardless, if link blocks with his SHIELD, that long sword id gonna take a sec for marth to re-position, and link will end it with one blow of his master sword, where as it would take a few blows from the falchion to end link due to bludgeoning damage

now, onto the new match guys? :D

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
RIDLEY VS RAYQUAZA!!!!???!!! Wow.... Gotta go do some researching...

This pokemon site states that Rayquaza's height is 23 feet and he weighs about 455 pounds. Depending on the game, Ridley is usually four to six times bigger than Samus mass-wise.

JOE!

Smash Hero
RIDLEY VS RAYQUAZA!!!!???!!! Wow.... Gotta go do some researching...

This pokemon site states that Rayquaza's height is 23 feet and he weighs about 455 pounds.
well thats odd, unless hes hollow...

somethign 23ft should weight alot more that 455lbs...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
well thats odd, unless hes hollow...

somethign 23ft should weight alot more that 455lbs...
I'm very aware of that. I wonder if that's how high his stance is, or how long he is. I'd say that Rayquaza's smaller than Ridley...

Also, are we gonna include things like Rayquaza's hyperbeam versus Ridley's plasmabreath?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
regardless, if link blocks with his SHIELD, that long sword id gonna take a sec for marth to re-position, and link will end it with one blow of his master sword, where as it would take a few blows from the falchion to end link due to bludgeoning damage
Again, Longsword. The ability to batter through shield is part of why it's gonna be useful.

That's actually part of the reason WHY shields were dropped in favor of two-handed swords in the late middle ages (that, and 1-handed swords did nothing against platemail).

And no way. If that sucker actually hits hits link in the center of mass... he's dead. Again, it's built to batter people to death with their own platemail. It gives a MASSIVE amount of force.

Honestly, how it'll go down is Link will be trying to get inside because his sword's better in there, and Marth will be searching for a solid shot Link's shield or sword (since I doubt that Link will let Marth do a solid blow to his vital areas without being staggered).

If Link gets inside, the crossguard offers a fair amount of defense, as does raw size, but Link has a definate advantage.

Again, Marth is a rapier-user, he'll be very used to spacing well, and he's got better overall training, so Marth's got the advantage in melee, but Link's got range, and a much bigger range advantage. In the end, Link wins, but it's a pretty even fight.

now, onto the new match guys? :D
Rules, scientific (as in proven to work) or scientifically possible (could work, but beyond current science)?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I dunno - this could be tricky. The way I see it, both Rayquaza and Ridley seem to be lighter than they should be, though Ridley is probably heavier than Rayquaza. The thing is that they are both relatively thin, which may help explain Rayquaza's 450 pounds.

EDIT: It should be noted that Ridley's neck is going to be a crippling weak spot - its thin and bending oddly.

EDIT(2): Also, Rayquaza may be stronger than he appears, as both of his attack stats are masterful. However, since we try to be as realistic as possible, that may not mean anything.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Im giving them both a special attack (plazma/fire breath, to make it simple) just to keep it from just being animal face-off

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
And what would you say about their builds? They are both big, but thin - Rayquaza's whole body is a bit frail, and Ridley has several thin parts. His neck in particular...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Im giving them both a special attack (plazma/fire breath, to make it simple) just to keep it from just being animal face-off
Again, possible science vs. what we actually know?

Basically CAN RIDLEY FLY?

Rayquaza definately cannot, so this matters a great deal.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Rayquaza is a Flying type pokemon with... no wings. So, thats for anyone who will argue...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Rayquaza is a Flying type pokemon with... no wings. So, thats for anyone who will argue...
Exactly, it's way too heavy to be held aloft by internal hydrogen or hot air, at least for it's overall size (mainly, it'd need to be shorter and wider (both width and depth), creating more overall cubic area).

If it had small wings, the combination could justify it, but as it exists now, no way.

Edit: that's why it's important to know if Ridley can fly, it's a massive advantage here.

JOE!

Smash Hero
No, ridley wouldnt be able to fly, wings are too small.

Dunno if his planet has less gravity or denser air..but on earth, he cannot fly (where he and rayquaza will fight)

Ray cannot fly either, but we will make him able to leap a bit due to being so light, he possibly has an air/swim bladder making him lighter for aquatic activity/leaping

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Exactly, it's way too heavy to be held aloft by internal hydrogen or hot air, at least for it's overall size (mainly, it'd need to be shorter and wider (both width and depth), creating more overall cubic area).

If it had small wings, the combination could justify it, but as it exists now, no way.

Edit: that's why it's important to know if Ridley can fly, it's a massive advantage here.

Dunno if his planet has less gravity or denser air..but on earth, he cannot fly (where he and rayquaza will fight)

Ray cannot fly either, but we will make him able to leap a bit due to being so light, he possibly has an air/swim bladder making him lighter for aquatic activity/leaping

:laugh: A few posts ago, it was debatable that Rayquaza was hollow. Could that make him fly?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Excuse me, we gotta consider which form of ridley we're using. In his meta form, the wings are completely different, probably some form of repulsor technology. I was assuming meta form on this, heck the technology question.

Regardless, a lot depends on his weight. He actually does have large wings, and depending on his weight he might be able to glide in earth gravity, which is gonna achieve a lot of the same effect.

With stuff like hollow bones, and an overall light skeletal structure, it's not impossible.

:laugh: A few posts ago, it was debatable that Rayquaza was hollow. Could that make him fly?
No, just not enough internal area for hydrogen-based flight.

Top Bottom