• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunts in ssbb

soaz

Smash Ace
what do you think that the taunts will be?Just post what you would like to see mine for Link is the one he does when he defeats a boss in tp:)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I don't have any clue, really. I don't care either aslong as ''SHOW ME YA MOVES!'' the best move in the game stays, and it will.

Univern72

Smash Rookie
It would be hilarious if they randomly added subtitles to Marth and Roy's taunt.

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
QFT, LOL! People would use Marth's taunt just to piss people off who are trying to see the bottom of the screen to recover...

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I'm hoping each character has multiple taunts, like one for each direction of the d-pad. That would be incredible.

~Dac

Univern72

Smash Rookie
Or at least make it so any direction on the d-pad does the taunt. It confused me as to why it wasn't like that in Melee.

GOTM

Smash Champion
if peppy is in it and "do a barrel roll!" isn't his taunt, i quit smash. also...walugi better pelvic thrust if hes in it, ha ha

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
if peppy is in it and "do a barrel roll!" isn't his taunt, i quit smash. also...walugi better pelvic thrust if hes in it, ha ha

Falcos taunt should be ''Mind your own business, fox!'' from SNES star fox.

I love how when you save falcos skin he hates you. I really hated him as a kid since he was such a scumbag, but now Ive grown to love his antics in smash.

Fox is way more arrogant looking though. He is the leader after all. Like a fox.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
I hope Link gets a better taunt then his current pretty-boy one. I agree with the OP that Link's "taunt" in TP/his X button victory in smash is the best choice for his taunt. It would also be interesting if this method of sheathing made gameplay opportunities.... hmmmma

Snake's better not be "It's Showtime!"

I wonder what the taunts for the new characters will be. I imagine some version of Wario's iconic laugh for his, and Metaknight will probably do some sort of cool motion and not say anything... wait does he ever talk?

Zamus' will probably be something similar to Sheik's current one.

Pit....no idea.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Snake's taunt should be a long radio chat with the Colonel that briefs Snake on his opponents and objectives. XD

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wasn't Snake's taunt in a trailer already? Rubbing his chin?
If it's not that, I think it should involve cigarettes. Although that'd probably get the game an M rating in the USA. >_>

And yes, what's with giving Link ******** taunts?
64: "I am a dancer!"
Melee: "Look honey, I'm a busy man, y'dig?"

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Wasn't Snake's taunt in a trailer already? Rubbing his chin?
If it's not that, I think it should involve cigarettes. Although that'd probably get the game an M rating in the USA. >_>
Hell yeah it should.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Young Link's Taunt in SSBM was badass. I also agree with the awesomeness that is Falcon's taunt.

I'm not a fan of Link's or Mario's taunts, so hopefully they will get changed.

I hope that more supertaunts (Ie Falco/Fox) are in the game this time around.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Mario's taunt will be changed. His and Falcon's taunts are traditions to the great legacy of Smash. Same with Luigi's.
Now Link is an entirely different story. From the beginning of Smash his taunt has changed. First the "finishing blow" pose, then the "hair flip". Like soaz said, the minute i saw Link's boss taunt in TP, i made the connection to Brawl. Seeing Link swing his sword around, then resheath it was probably the most badass thing I've seen him do in a long time (up there with stabbing Ganondorf in the head).
Link's "taunt" for BRAWL!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@Tsukuyomi
that taunt would rock.

i can imagine dedede's taunt he would swing his hammer above his head.
another idea, taunts could all be weak attacks. samus would randomly fire missiles into the air, luigi's kick would stay, kirbies power that leaves him could damage someone, captain falcon rips off his shirt and his nipples cause the other players heads to explode. :laugh:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well first off, I want Links taunt from 64. There is something about it that I love.
Second, If Falco's back in, give him a hardcore taunt. He is too bad*** for a ballarina twirl and he makes that look tough.

Pip

Smash Apprentice
I hope they include both a taunt and a salute for each character. Adding salutes would be an easy way to allow players to show their respect for each other in online matches.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
That would be cool. Taunts for cockiness(using up on D-Pad) and Salute for respect(Down on D-Pad). I am obliviously referring to the GCN controler.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
sakurai will obviously implement the motion sensing for that type of control. i think it will still be dumb though. how would you WD? (if it stays) w/e. each to his own.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I think the Wiimotes(any version) will be for n00b players who don't play competively. CC and GCN for serious players like us.

Top Bottom