• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunts in ssbb

Dacvak

Smash Ace
lol good one im just glad that fox's taunt looks the same "Come on"
I think it would be awesome if GOB was a secrect character, and his taunt was "COME ON!!"

(50 point to whoever gets the reference)

~Dac

Fawriel

Smash Master
The idea of salutes is interesting... but... give me some examples for some. I can't see it not being weird in many cases.
Would they clap? Or be like "Mamma mia!" or "Pikaaa..." or... I dunno.

Or do you really mean "salute" as in a sort of greeting?
In that case, Luigi's "Let'che go!" is the only way to go.
Hmm, that could actually work...

Pip

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I hadn't thought about specific salutes, but I definitely meant salutes as a sign of respect rather than a simple greeting. Sure some of them could applaud or cheer, some could salute in the gestural sense, while others could say something encouraging. Marth could do a fencing style salute with his sword or Mewtwo could give an approving grunt and nod (assuming those are still characters in Brawl), for example. Even though I can't, I imagine the development team wouldn't have too hard of a time coming up with something appropriate for each character.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
There's only one thing that Link's taunt could possibly be...

"WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!"

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
@marsbitrona LO FREAKING L, i saw that vid, ****ing hilarious. Anyway, i think ganon's taunt should either stay the same but cause a little damage like luigi's, or whip out his sword (assuming they still don't give him his sword) and plunge it into the ground, which would also cause some damage.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
Can you buy a classic controller that plugs into the Wii so it doesn't **** your wiimote's battery power?

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
Can you buy a classic controller that plugs into the Wii so it doesn't **** your wiimote's battery power?
I think that Sakurai has already explained that on the official site. If you haven't check that out yet, then the answer is yes, you can use a classic controller instead of your wiimote to play smash.

soaz

Smash Ace
I think that Sakurai has already explained that on the official site. If you haven't check that out yet, then the answer is yes, you can use a classic controller instead of your wiimote to play smash.
i think that he was asking if you could put the CC in the wii and i happen to know that you cant,you need to connect it to the wiimote and it uses the wiimotes battery.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I'll probably buy a couple of GCN controllers, I dont like the fact that the classic plugs into the Wiimote. And I have a couple of Wiimote-nunchucks ready to use, if it happens that that particular method works.

Wavebirds FTW.

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
i think that he was asking if you could put the CC in the wii and i happen to know that you cant,you need to connect it to the wiimote and it uses the wiimotes battery.
Riiight!! Sorry. I kind of confused the comment. The_Famous_SK, it seems that you'll just have to save some pennies on batteries. But I prefered the gamecube controller. It seems easier for me to play with the GC controller instead of the new ones.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Ya, it would be great if there's was multiple taunts. One to respect, or be a good sport, one to concede or something, one to talk ****, etc. That would be great. That way, when you're fighting a dirty player who cheats or something you can keep talking **** when you knock him off the board and you can congratulate people when they give you a good, honorable fight.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
just buy a wiimote battery charger, they rock.
i don't own a classic controller, so i assumed they plugged into the wii. guess i won't be buying one anytime soon

on subject, a salute would be awesome. and i hope all taunts do damage this time, instead of just luigi's.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
IF THEY DECIDE TO BE BADASS
Snake's taunt should be like Luigis and causes damage - except Snake pulls out a cigarette, lights it, and if someone is too close, he grabs them and shoves the cigarette into their eyes for 999 dmg.

IF THEY *****-OUT
Snake should stroke his beard and make a satisfied grunt.

I think that it would also be cool if Link's taunt was his boss taunt from TP, but he doesnt sheath his sword - because he'd immediately pull it out again... I think he should just spin it around in the same fashion, but skip sheathing it.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
wolf link would get ***** by the other characters. although, if a taunt transformed samus to zzero suit, that wouldn't be bad.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
there is no glowing orange aura though. I sure hope its not a final smash....I want to main ZSamus for release, and if she actually is good, that will ruin my dreams of having no item tourneys

greenblob

Smash Lord
Fun idea: edgeguard taunt!

So your opponent is trying to recover and you're on the ledge. Normally, you'd get up right as he uses up B so you can abuse invincibility. What if this included a taunt? Basically, it'd be the same as hitting L/R except as soon as the invincibility/edge-occupied frames are over, you taunt! Imagine all the "ooh, burn!" moments this could create.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
sorry for the double post, but it isn't letting me edit and i wanted to share this
on todays update, in the second picture, doesn't it look like Kirby and Pikachu are taunting?
it looks a little like their taunts in melee.

Fawriel

Smash Master
You mean the one with the presents? Well, of course they're taunting, what else?
Kirby is going "Hiiiiiiii~" and Pikachu's saying "Pika-pika!"

The only modified thing seems to be the directions they're facing.

Top Bottom