• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tattoos

ammie

Smash Cadet
I'm considering to get a small area tattoo on my leg. Thought that's cool. Any suggestions?:awesome:
BTW, what kinda tattoos do you prefer? :reverse:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I used to be interested in getting a line of lyrics from this song back a couple years ago, but now I am not too fond of text-tattoos. I think they are rather boring appearance-wise. I do plan on getting a tattoo someday, but I am not going to until I know for sure what I want. One of my friends happened to get a sleeve right after he turned 18, :rolleyes:

Hanamaru

Smash Rookie
Body art of many kind can be very expressive :) If you are certain about a design you want on your leg, you could have someone draw it in henna (dark clay that can stain the skin temporarily) so that you have a way of letting it wash off after a few weeks. It's a good way to be certain of what you want. I wouldn't suggest anything that you might find offensive though.

A tattoo is typically permanent (unless you get it removed), so sometimes people have tattoos that really mean something to them. One might have a symbol that is significant to them, or a hand-drawn design that the tattoo artists can touch up if you prefer.

Staz

Smash Lord
I was never really a fan of tattoos....permanent skin....now that's commitment. although I have seen some people have some TATS that are pretty dang cool. hehe...like my dad's sonic on his leg for my brother __X__

too good.

RATED

Smash Lord
^ WHAT? are you kidding me Staz? MIND is blown.

I dislike tattoos, I can't see myself with one neither a GF,wife or something like that. I consider a tattoo a big turn off to me.

Edit: I have friends with Tattoos and stuff.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Never really cared for tattoos, plus wouldn't know what to get.

If I had to get one, I'd maybe get my mother's birthday due to personal reasons.
Or the letter/roman numeral "V" because I'm an idiot XD

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
I remember back when I was in high-school, one of the slackers had gotten a tatoo on the inside of his forearm. It was a TMNT's Raphael, ummm... how do I say this without getting flagged... "gratifying" himself. So yeah... not exactly suggesting you that one in particular.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
how is is this different from any other tattoo?
It's a horrible butt**** ugly drawing that looks like a 6th grader drew it.
LOOOL i was afraid to say it cuz i didn't wanna offend whoever had it, looks like LT said it for me... but yeah, it's really preferrable if the tattoo artist is really talented. the drawing is really mediocre, esp the face :C

SoleSM

Smash Rookie
I've always considered the thought of getting a video game themed tattoo myself but, for a couple of reasons, I never actually went ahead and pursued it so far. Personally if I were to get one, I would want to know first, what exactly do I want and where (because they are pretty much permanent and it really is a committed decision. Also I would not want to spend even more money to rectify a mistake I made later in my life.) second, do I have the money or the will to spend money on getting one, and third, am I able to find an exceptionally good artist?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Accompanied my best female friend for her second tattoo. Her first was a dragon on her lower back haha, we all make fun of her and call it a tramp stamp.

Anyways the 2nd one was an Egyptian Ankh on her left wrist. It was aite.

Girls with tattoos = hot?

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Tattoos to me are simply expression of something you're passionate about. If you feel that passionate about something to make it a permanent part of your visual expression, go for it.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I don't know, if I were to get one it would be something that would never get old. So I'm gonna get Roy on my left arm... exactly doing what Raphael is doing on the last page. (Kidding, but the guy that did that had to be pretty sure of himself and didn't care about what people thought.)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man I wish tattoos weren't permanent, otherwise I'd constantly be sporting all kinds haha.

Ybh, I wouldn't really get any of these mini jobs that most people get. Oh looks I have a little bit on my forearm/biceps. Or the stamp above dat ***, you know, those small localised tats.

I don't like them because I don't feel they look particularly special at all "oh I got a tattoo aren't I badass?" but not really because you're trying to hide it in case you get fired etc.

Anyway, if I were to ever get one, I'd at least have on covering my whole back, but would like arms, and front of upper body done as well, not sure if I'd want just chest done, abdominal area done, or both, I dunno I think a little bit of open space would be cool but then that is wasted space amirite? **** I'd even get facial tattoos.

Buuuut this isn't an ideal world so I'm probably never going to have one in my life.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Tattoos to me are simply expression of something you're passionate about. If you feel that passionate about something to make it a permanent part of your visual expression, go for it.
This is the best way I look at it. Last year a group of my friends and myself all got tattoos and all of them were of a video game (that was the deal). We felt it was our best way to express our love for video games. I am about to get a couple more next week. I find them fun to get and can't wait to get more.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I've been considering a tattoo for a long time, a very, very long time. I'm just not sure enough that I want one yet. On one hand, I like not having any tattoos. On the other hand, I think it would be nice to have something on your person to represent something important to you.The thing is I only want one tattoo but I have two very different ideas and want them in two different spots. I kind of want to cover this scar I have but there are some days I don't even care that I have it.

I've also been considering getting one of them in fluorescent ink but I feel like that would almost defeat the purpose. Cool tattoo that only shows up at bowling alleys? :/ meh

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Or you could go to more raves.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I can't think of anything I could tattoo to myself that I wouldn't some day grow tired of and feel stupid about getting. i can see with pretty high confidence that I'll never get a tattoo.

Rici

BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
You know what else would work? Building some sort of contraption which you wear so that there is always blacklight shining on your tats.

Or even better, just get them on your face and tell people you 'turn' at night. This could be vampire, werewolf or ninja. I mean if glitters are plausible, why not fluoresent skin decorations on your face?!

mzink*

Smash Ace
I've been considering getting one but I'm not sure what exactly I'd want or where I'd want it. I don't want it to be something I'll get sick of or something, so its gota be important to me. I think I'd get it on my back, but I duno when it comes down to it that choice may change. Probably just cuz maybe I'd want it somewhere where I could see it easier if I needed to lol.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
A guy that is studying here with me in Japan just got another tattoo. It's a small cartoony looking dragon, and looks kind of lame in my opinion. What bothers me, though, is that he has it the front of his leg, so he hikes up one of his pant legs to show it off. It's a bad attempt to draw more attention to himself than he already does. Japanese people don't look so well on tattoos, so it's hard for me to understand his motives. I'm all for body art and expressing yourself, but I think it has a time and place, and it's kind of taboo here, which is why I don't think it's a great idea.

Rici

BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Seriously, tattoos are a taboo in Japan? Some of the most amazing works come from there.

Also, I don't think that just because it's a taboo, he shouldn't be doing it. If he likes it and no harm is done to others, what's the problem then?

D

Deleted member

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo of my motto (see signature/profile page) on my back for a while now, but I'm still kind of unsure because permanent and stuff. I also have no clue how my parents would react lol.

Top Bottom