• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I already have the japanese version of the game and it's pretty sick. When it comes out here in the US i'll def. get myself a legal copy for the new chars and the online (its gonna have online right?). Still gonna keep the jp version. Daimaou is too lulzy.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
So I went to Gamestop yesterday and asked if they had gotten any word on the official release date of TvC. The guy looked it up and his reserve system had it scheduled for Jan 26th 2010. Can anyone confirm or deny that date? I can't find any mention of an official announcement from Capcom.

Needless to say, I reserved my copy anyway. $5 every paycheck until January means I'll have it paid off for the release.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
O_O You are kidding me.

So I have to buy this and no more heroes in the same week??????
Oh my wallet
And that's the same month as pound.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Oh well, at least there's plenty of time to get this game on the year where a lot big name titles come out. ;D ♥

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If NMH2 is anything like the first one it'll be a rental that you can beat over the weekend. One of the best rentals of your life, but a rental nonetheless.

This, however, should have much more replay value.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If NMH2 is anything like the first one it'll be a rental that you can beat over the weekend. One of the best rentals of your life, but a rental nonetheless.

This, however, should have much more replay value.
Off topic, buuuut.

The game has 50 boss battles.
The AI is steped up.
You have multiple different styels of swords to pick from, not just upgrades.
There are multiple charecters to play as.
The jobs are done like Atari games.
And sooooooo much more.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Judging by Capcom's previous actions they are likely to confirm one character per month. Famitsu would probably be the place to look for the next reveal, which more than likely will be one of the Tatsunoko characters. As much as I want to see an end to the X style Zero/GBA style Zero debate, do not expect to hear anything on Zero until November.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
Has there been any discussion on the new control scheme for TvC? What do people think? Good, bad, undecided? I'd think that the Smashesque nature of the new configuration should be a plus for anyone on SWF.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Has there been any discussion on the new control scheme for TvC? What do people think? Good, bad, undecided? I'd think that the Smashesque nature of the new configuration should be a plus for anyone on SWF.
Can you elaborate? Are specials limited to a direction and a button instead of "magic motion" and a button?

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
Capcom is veering away from the standard 6-button configuration of traditional fighters leaving no differentiation between punch and kick buttons. Instead, based on all the interviews I've watched, TvC will use 4 buttons: 3 attack buttons (1 light, 1 medium, 1 high) all 3 of which control punches and kicks, and 1 assist/tag button.

Like Smash where 1 button controls all physical attacks, TvC will be be doing something similar, the only difference being you have 3 buttons that simply determine the strength and speed of the attack.

Hope that made it clear, if not, check out some of the E3 09 interviews where they discuss it a bit more.

I just think its interesting and was curious to see whether or not VS. Series fanboys (and girls) thought it would take away from the game, or maybe make it better. It's obvious Nintendo's mantra of "Gaming for Everyone" is being taken into consideration with these minimalist controls. How would something like this effect TvCs reputation in the competitive gaming arena?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Capcom is veering away from the standard 6-button configuration of traditional fighters leaving no differentiation between punch and kick buttons. Instead, based on all the interviews I've watched, TvC will use 4 buttons: 3 attack buttons (1 light, 1 medium, 1 high) all 3 of which control punches and kicks, and 1 assist/tag button.

Like Smash where 1 button controls all physical attacks, TvC will be be doing something similar, the only difference being you have 3 buttons that simply determine the strength and speed of the attack.

Hope that made it clear, if not, check out some of the E3 09 interviews where they discuss it a bit more.

I just think its interesting and was curious to see whether or not VS. Series fanboys (and girls) thought it would take away from the game, or maybe make it better. It's obvious Nintendo's mantra of "Gaming for Everyone" is being taken into consideration with these minimalist controls. How would something like this effect TvCs reputation in the competitive gaming arena?
Oh, that's really old news. You led me to beleive they changed something from the japanese version.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
Yah, I figured most knew about the changes. I just wanted to know what the consensus was regarding it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah, they're not really changing anything. Like you said in a later post, they actually just dumped the whole "punch/kick" notations for "attack".

Smash players who have some probably with doing qcfs and whatnot still wont like TvC. It'll be a looooooong time before capcom takes any mainstream game and drops the inputs that far.

__

With that being said, the only question that really needs to be answered about the US TvC is "What the f*** are they going to do with Karas."

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
:O

So the American version might actually be.... fun?!?!? OH MY GOD!

I mean, it's gunna suck not having this kinda stupidity. (Yes I know Karas wasnt the main problem in that clip, but I just love it anyway)

But yeah, that's actually interesting to hear. Good lookin' out.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
jab lock lol.
I just hope Dorinjo and Morgan are high tier and have complementing match ups, which they should since their playstyles are reverse, one ground one aerial based, but we'll see.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
morrigan and doronjo are already high tier in cross generation, and morrigan is getting buffed pretty nicely for uas.

but im digging the changes to polymar and ippatsuman. giving ippatsu more of a runaway game and giving polymar more combo ability is too good :3

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Zero would automatically make me buy the US version. Though I already have the characters I want in there, which is Mega Man and Roll, but seeing Zero would make it even better. ♥

~Metal~

Smash Rookie
I'm going to preorder it. I'm so hyped about the game I'm listening to music from it right now (Awesome OST it has). Let's hope Zero is in, I'll be using him and VIEW-TI-FUL JOE.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Representing Tatsunoko:

1. Joe the Condor (Gatchaman) - Another gatchaman character is cool
2. Yatterman #2 - More female rep is nice, just don't make her a clone
3. Shurato (from Shurato) - Just googled him and he looks like he could be from Saint Seiya.
4. Soul Taker - Was a hopeful for me ever since this game was announced
5. Nakahara Komugi - A character that I didn't even think of, but she would have been great
6. Daikyojin (mecha of Yattodetaman, another Time Bokan series anime) - .... I don't know who this is
7. Berg Katse (enemy of Gatchaman) - or this
8. Tekkaman Evil - Because we need a third Tekkaman
9. Braiking Boss (enemy of Casshern) - Who are these people?
10. JJ (Zillion) - Where are Samurai Pizza Cats!? I would have mained them in a heartbeat.

Representing Capcom:

1. Leon - Hey, Jill Valentine did it, Frank West is doing it.
2. Nash (Charlie) - My main from the Street Fighter Alpha games alongside Rose
3. Date Masamune - Never played his games
4. Arthur - ......... I've been waiting for Arthur to be in a Capcom vs. game since Marvel vs. Capcom series was still alive. I grew up with Ghosts n Goblins games
5. Ibuki - Street Fighter III rep is ALWAYS a good thing
6. M. Bison - Yeah, I like Bison/Vega and all but I'm kinda glad he didn't make it in. It's more interesting to see non-SF characters in these games
7. Lei-Lei/Hsein-Ko (from Darkstalkers) - Lei-Lei > Morrigan. In more ways than one.
8. Zero Gouki (Cyberbots mecha… who acts like Gouki) - Giant Robot Akuma = Awesome
9. Tiara Hime (from Gaia Masters, another Japan only, obscure Capcom game) - wtf?
10. Nero - They considered Nero before Dante? Is Dante just destined to never appear in a fighting game that isn't Red Hot Rumble?
11. June - My main in the underplayed Plasma Sword series
12. Rouge - My main in the underplayed Power Stone series
13. Tyrant - Like Nemesis? That'd be cool
14. Hinata Wakaba - Another Rival Schools rep would be cool, and by adding her all three members of the Taiyo High School would be there (with Kyosuke appearing in Capcom vs SNK 20
Thoughts in red.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
somewhere the creator of dmc said he didn't want dante in anymore crossovers (he was in the ps2 version of v.joe and in some shin megami tensei game). but nero would be legit for a crossover.

and yatterman #2 =/= yatterman #1. yatter1 uses a kendama as a weapon and has the yatterwan, yatter2 uses an electric wand and has the yatterpelican. so don't worry, both yatterman will play differently.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I really don't know anything about Tatsunoko besides the dubs I grew up with and the stuff I saw in high school. Glad that won't be a problem then.

Also, on DMC, that's lame. I knew Dante was in Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble on the PSP, but I didn't know he was a full-blown character in the PS2 version. That's awesome.

Top Bottom