• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
yatter2 is probably waiting to be annouced, otherwise there'd be 13 capcom reps and 12 tatsu reps, not legit. plus yatterman is one of tatsu's biggest franchises along with gatchaman, so a third rep wouldn't be farfetched.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
well the website said "Last Tatsunoko and Capcom characters revealed!" on it, just wanting to know if she really isn't announced yet :/

ZMan

Smash Master
yatterman 2 was in the leak along with zero, joe, and frank, who are all confirmed. it's safe to assume she'll be in. plus game festa is happening next month in japan so she might make her grand debut there. ign probably just misinterpreted the email or whatev they got from capcom.

of course, there is the off-shot chance that capcom worked out legal rights with daimaoh, but i really, really, REALLY doubt it. i don't think anyone really liked him.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
So, are all of Frank's Supers references to other Capcom games? On that note, how many Supers do characters in this game get?

In the gameplay trailer, we see a Megaman ref, a Cracker Jack ref (wow), and a Servbot ref... there are probably more, too.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

I'm disappointed :(
Oh no you didn't.

In polls around forums asking which version of Zero they wanted, almost everyone went with Mega Man X's version. Lesson to be learnt, Zero in those games? Freaking ROCKED. The art style in Mega Man Zero was fine and all, but when I was about to fight Omega in Zero's original body, when I was told original body I thought it'd be the X styled body.

What a surprise when they completely discarded the original look... It was the best too. He looked more powerful back in the X series. Far more focused and intimidating. Like a true killer as he was recruited as a Maverick Hunter to be. Looks are deceiving, I know, but really.

Zero in the MMZ series looked so bishie, too human, and if it weren't for the badass art making his hair swirl around him when doing attacks or something, it...wouldn't be the same. For the X series's version of Zero, there's more to him that makes him memorable. The armor, the helmet, his overall design in general. Hair's a nice compliment, but when I think of Zero? I think of not old school, but true school. If that makes any sense. XD;

That, and this version fits into the motif of fighter robots that both Capcom and Tatsunoko are bringing to the table. This is the version that doesn't suck. No matter how good the storyline of Mega Man Zero was, the original art of Mega Man X? Yeah, win.

That being said! As a disclaimer I'm well aware of opinions. You've got every right to stick to yours. ♥

I'm just saying my piece. ^^

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So, are all of Frank's Supers references to other Capcom games? On that note, how many Supers do characters in this game get?

In the gameplay trailer, we see a Megaman ref, a Cracker Jack ref (wow), and a Servbot ref... there are probably more, too.
The Mega Buster was a joke weapon that appeared in Dead Rising that fired little styrofoam balls like a nerf gun. However, you could unlock the "Real Mega Buster" which fired like Mega Man's, and is pretty much the most freaking powerful thing in the entire game. Seems pretty lame for me to give Frank this as a big Beam Super, especially since we already have a Mega Man in here. It's Legends, granted, but still.

The Servbot Helmet appeared as a toy in Dead Rising that Frank could place on the heads of Zombies. It was funny then, and it's awesome now. I was hoping that would make an appearance if Frank ever got into a Vs game.

IDK what the hell the Cracker Jack reference is for, but none of the others are THAT far out there.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
While I'm happy Zero's confirmed, what's with the hate towards MMZ Zero? I always preferred the sleeker MMZ look then the boob-light, big booted look. >_>

Whatever, what's important is that Zero's in!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I haven't posted in awhile, but...Zero AND Joe the Condor are revealed?! I didn't expect either of them this soon. And with videos no less.

Joe the Condor is cool...but ZERO IS AWESOME!!!!! It's cool that he has a giga attack for one of his supers. Though I don't remember if that particular one is from an X game, much less which one, I'm quite certain it isn't from X4, X6, or X8. For his LV3, Dark Hold was an interesting choice. He stops the opponent and charges them with a super sized (Z-styled) Z-Saber.

I was certain they were going with the Zero series Zero, I did want the slimmer version. But I will gladly take the X version as well! Besides it's good to see the X series get some representation in the VS series.

I really thought they were going to save either Joe or Zero to be the final, grand reveal just before the game was released. I didn't see them BOTH coming this early - much less on my birthday! What a nice surprise! :grin:

Edit: The afterimage silhouettes of Zero's dash from the PS games are in. VERY nice touch!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I for one am extremely happy that they went with X Zero. So called Rokuhha as a HC!

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
IDK what the hell the Cracker Jack reference is for, but none of the others are THAT far out there.
It's interesting, since it's got to be the first time Capcom has referenced Street Fighter EX in years...

I wasn't even aware they were allowed to do that, though it could be just because the move is general enough that Arika can't stake a claim for it. If Arika's actively letting them use it... well, maybe Skullomania for Super SFIV isn't so unlikely after all...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Now I can't choose who I'm going to use as my main team anymore. There's too many characters I want to use now, of course Zero being one of them. @_@

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's interesting, since it's got to be the first time Capcom has referenced Street Fighter EX in years...

I wasn't even aware they were allowed to do that, though it could be just because the move is general enough that Arika can't stake a claim for it. If Arika's actively letting them use it... well, maybe Skullomania for Super SFIV isn't so unlikely after all...
Not only that, but UDON got special permission from Arika to include the SFEX illustrations, in their SF20: The Art of Street Fighter artbook (it's a one-time deal, but still).

That said, it helps that with all the superheroes running around, Skullo would fit right in.

Now I can't choose who I'm going to use as my main team anymore. There's too many characters I want to use now, of course Zero being one of them. @_@
Same here. I completely forgot that Viewtiful Joe was in the game, too.

So many characters to pick...Batsu, Casshern, GOLD LIGHTAAAAAAN, Doronjo, Frank West...It's like a treasure trove! :dizzy:

If we ever get a sequel, I have no idea how many people would get added...:eek:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

err... What I actually meant by that is I had no idea where you got the "Cracker Jack" reference from, I thought you meant something else completely, not a Street Fighter EX character.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VZ5L-LhfM
From there I take it you mean the baseball bat. I assure you, Frank using one is NOT an intended reference. Baseball bats were one of the earliest weapons in Dead Rising and one of the most commonly found. When revealing details about the game, Capcom seemed to push the bat on Frank like it's innovative (in the game, the baseball bat really isn't that good, too slow, ok power, it's only powerful if you charge it like in his super but odds are you're in a crowd of zombies and grabbed from the other direction by then). Frank using a bat is no more uncommon than Shoma from Rival Schools using a baseball bat or the Home Run Bat item in Smash, it's just a weapon.
However, I agree about Skullomania, that guy looks awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXoEanlazho

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
err... What I actually meant by that is I had no idea where you got the "Cracker Jack" reference from, I thought you meant something else completely, not a Street Fighter EX character.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VZ5L-LhfM
From there I take it you mean the baseball bat. I assure you, Frank using one is NOT an intended reference. Baseball bats were one of the earliest weapons in Dead Rising and one of the most commonly found. When revealing details about the game, Capcom seemed to push the bat on Frank like it's innovative (in the game, the baseball bat really isn't that good, too slow, ok power, it's only powerful if you charge it like in his super but odds are you're in a crowd of zombies and grabbed from the other direction by then). Frank using a bat is no more uncommon than Shoma from Rival Schools using a baseball bat or the Home Run Bat item in Smash, it's just a weapon.
However, I agree about Skullomania, that guy looks awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXoEanlazho
His baseball bat super is almost exactly the same as Cracker Jack's Meteor Combo. It not entirely the same, but it's close enough that it's most likely a reference.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
His baseball bat super is almost exactly the same as Cracker Jack's Meteor Combo. It not entirely the same, but it's close enough that it's most likely a reference.
I still doubt it. Like I said before, Capcom basically pushed the baseball bat and HDTV's as the most common weapons in promotion for the game (neither are very good), and this wouldn't be the first time that someone has used a bat to send someone flying in a fighting game. Shoma from Rival Schools fights entirely with a bat and baseballs, he has like two supers revolved just around hitting you with the bat and a Team-Up attack when he's Partner A revolves around the same principal.

So I'm definitely going to try and main Joe the Condor (I didn't know he was Dirk Daring, my favorite character from when I was like 3-4 years old watching G-Force) and Alex, my 3rd Strike main.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I still doubt it. Like I said before, Capcom basically pushed the baseball bat and HDTV's as the most common weapons in promotion for the game (neither are very good), and this wouldn't be the first time that someone has used a bat to send someone flying in a fighting game.
It wouldn't matter whether he used a baseball bat or a hockey stick or a piece of driftwood - the two supers would still be extremely similar. The baseball bat is just the thing that cements it. And that's the thing: they're just too similar in execution and in appearance for it not to be a reference.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
of course, there is the off-shot chance that capcom worked out legal rights with daimaoh, but i really, really, REALLY doubt it. i don't think anyone really liked him.
And an even more unlikely situation is that "yatter02" is really "yattero", hence why they added a "2" to make a distinction between Yatterman and Yattero.

For anyone unfamiliar with the name Yattero, let me translate it for you. Speed Cerviche from the Samurai Pizza Cats series.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
So here's something I found myself wondering. Since Ultimate All Stars is being released in Japan as well does that mean that their version will have all the themes that we aren't getting? We're getting new stage themes cause of licensing issues but, Japan wouldn't have those so they could just use the themes they already put in for Cross Generation of Heroes.

And I know I'm nowhere near alone on this but seeing Mega Man X Zero makes me so happy, and I'm gonna main that dood. The X series finally has representation!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So here's something I found myself wondering. Since Ultimate All Stars is being released in Japan as well does that mean that their version will have all the themes that we aren't getting? We're getting new stage themes cause of licensing issues but, Japan wouldn't have those so they could just use the themes they already put in for Cross Generation of Heroes.
I doubt that Ultimate All-Stars with have the same themes music from Cross Generation, I mean, this music was made SPECIFICALLY for Ultimate All-Stars, seems like a stupid idea to switch it back just because it's in Japan.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I doubt that Ultimate All-Stars with have the same themes music from Cross Generation, I mean, this music was made SPECIFICALLY for Ultimate All-Stars, seems like a stupid idea to switch it back just because it's in Japan.
More like it was made specifically for us. I mean, true, it doesn't seem likely that they won't use the new music over there but, I wouldn't be surprised.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Japan also got America's Super Mario Bros. 2 which kept all the original stuff made for that game as well. I just don't see the logic behind it. They've already announced a release for Ultimate-All Stars in Japan, why change that to make it more like the old one when they already have all this created? It's stupid.

Underload

Lazy
Capcom will try and throw in everything they can into the American version of TvC that they can legally. You can draw at straws and hope to guess right, but in the end we'll really only know once the final product comes out :/

If you want to theorycraft, then I pretty much agree with what ZMan said.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Erm... why is there a 48th page that doesn't exist?

Also, I haven't played this game yet... but, for a wish list...

Arthur. Just because.

Some more characters from Onimusha, as well.

And Strider. Can't go wrong with Strider.

In any case, if they want to appeal to Americans, I don't know who they would include beyond the series' they've already represented; some of Capcom's newest series are popular, but... it all depends on what series that they've forgotten but we haven't necessarily that they might decide to reference. Sadly, I know next to nothing about Tatsunoko characters, so I'm at a loss from that end...

ZMan

Smash Master
i was hoping for strider when this game was announced. alas, didn't happen. from capcom i wanted protoman, strider, commando, and nero. from tatsu i really wanted speed racer, soultaker, jj, and shurato. i guess ill have to wait for tvc2

capcom did all they could for tvcuas to appeal to americans. maybe some casual player will walk by and see v joe and frank west fighting tekkaman blade and zero fighting each other they'd be like "wtf is the game? i must have it NAO!"

but im really not looking forward to all the scrub zero/tekkaman blade teams that'll be out there :I

§leepy God

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure there's a high chance that Zero would be top tier because so many people would be using him, I can see it. Of course I will, Ryu and Zero, that's all I need. <3

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Voulnutt/Zero

I'm planning to use any combination of Rock, Roll, Zero, and Saki, but I think Rock Voulnutt and Zero will be my main team. :ohwell:

Speedy? Man, I REALLY freaking hope so.
I think alot of us wanted Speedy, myself included. When I first learned of this game and looked up some of Tatsunoko's properties, Megaman and Speedy were my most wanted two. Though Speedy was left out of the loop, we have Megaman (I'm quite happy with the Legends version), and personally that's enough for me for now.

Though I am not against hoping for his appearence in a sequel if this game does well enough and if Capcom can jump the licensing hurdles.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think alot of us wanted Speedy, myself included. When I first learned of this game and looked up some of Tatsunoko's properties, Megaman and Speedy were my most wanted two. Though Speedy was left out of the loop, we have Megaman (I'm quite happy with the Legends version), and personally that's enough for me for now.

Though I am not against hoping for his appearence in a sequel if this game does well enough and if Capcom can jump the licensing hurdles.
Here's to hoping on that front. Heck, if we're lucky, they might even contact Rick Jones to reprise his role (it's common knowledge that SPC/KNT is more fondly remembered in the US, so that would be a good thing to do)! He's still doing voice acting these days, so that's not out of the question.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I haven't played TvC extensively enough to know the ins and outs of the characters in the first roster yet.
I usually just stuck with Yatterman and Casshern whenever I had an opportunity to go to the arcades.

When January hits, I'll probably be experimenting with the characters more thoroughly.
A lot of the characters look really good, so I can't choose a team yet.

Top Bottom