• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Alzi

Smash Master
If i ever can i will import this game with the arcade stick. It is expensive imo and i would have to go through the trouble of getting homebrew channel so i could play it on my wii.

So i'm still thinking about it.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
If i ever can i will import this game with the arcade stick. It is expensive imo and i would have to go through the trouble of getting homebrew channel so i could play it on my wii.

So i'm still thinking about it.
you can get the game for free, though some people may not like to get it that way...

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Ok, so I finally got my copy in the mail today.

I already know who I'm maining: Saki and Tekkaman.

For any Tekkaman players out there he is a combo that works everywhere on the screen, so it's not just a corner combo.

IAD j.B 5a 5b 2b 5c 3c sj (hold down) j.B 8c

19-20 hits and does around 18k dmg

Way too freaking good.

Crab-Meat

Smash Rookie
Dtoid: Starting simply, why isn’t Tatsunoko vs Capcom coming to the United States?

Seth Killian, Capcom’s Community Manager: We’ve had some licensing challenges, and if you’ve read the Capcom-Unity blog, I’m a big fan of the game and posting all the material I have on it up there, cause it’s a great, great fun new experience, but the licensing hurdles …

You know, Tatsunoko is all owned by…Tatsunoko in Japan. And in the West, they’re not. A lot of challenges there, but we’ve definitely recognized interest from a lot of people, and we’re looking to try and find a way to get Tatsunoko vs Capcom action to Western fans.

Dtoid: So there is a chance Tatsunoko vs Capcom will come to the United States?

SK: Yes
http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-int...an-115243.phtml

This is great news, hope this comes to the US.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I love this game but you can't save replays on it or play online. It's like the developers are stuck in 2004.
But not adding those features allowed Capcom to release a port for the Wii so quickly.

It's possible they'll port it to another console and add those functions.

zxeon

Smash Lord
It's a good game, but as far as console games go it's bare bones. There are a lot of features missing that every fighting game made now-a-days should have (hell, most games in general). I'm happy with what's there but it could have been better. It would have taken more time to release, but it would have been better.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
It's a good game, but as far as console games go it's bare bones. There are a lot of features missing that every fighting game made now-a-days should have (hell, most games in general). I'm happy with what's there but it could have been better. It would have taken more time to release, but it would have been better.
Ok, like what?. . .

zxeon

Smash Lord
Just a short list of some stuff that should have been in.

1. Save replays
2. Online play
3. Player profiles
4. A stage for every character
5. More costumes for the tatsunoko side
6. Leaderboards
7. Spectating
8. File sharing(not with just friends).

This game is the complete opposite of Brawl in that it focused on gameplay mechanics before features (like a useless two player story.) and it doesn't have terrible online because it just doesn't have any. You should get it by all means it's a great game only don't expect anything more than what you would get out of an arcade machine.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Just a short list of some stuff that should have been in.

1. Save replays
2. Online play
3. Player profiles
4. A stage for every character
5. More costumes for the tatsunoko side
6. Leaderboards
7. Spectating
8. File sharing(not with just friends).
All irrelevant inclusions for a fighting game, so not sure why you think these options are dire.

Online play would be the only nice thing, I suppose, but it's not necessary.

zxeon

Smash Lord
All irrelevant inclusions for a fighting game, so not sure why you think these options are dire.

Online play would be the only nice thing, I suppose, but it's not necessary.
Too bad a lot of other fighting games have these irrelevant features. It's the year 2008 about to be 2009 we should be expecting most of these features in practically every multiplayer game that comes out.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
When I first read your complaint about it lacking in features, I'm thinking to myself that it doesn't have a training mode or something, like Guilty Gear DS...but geeze, that's what you were talking about?

"Ireelevant" indeed. :psycho:

EDIT - It's a 2D fighting game, not Halo 3, man. This is an increasingly-obscure genre, anyway. We're lucky Capcom still thinks it's a viable idea.

br4n

Smash Apprentice
show me your moves

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Most of the infinites can be broken by Mega Crash and proper reactions.

I mean seriously, Joe's Vrang infinite is only useable when enemy is full screen and if the first hit is guaranteed to hit.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I'm assuming this will only be for Wii? Since I didn't see any other info on Wikipedia about it, and Viewtiful Joe is in it.

If I import it I can play it on my friends Wii ha ha, but if it ever hits 360/PS3 then importing it will be another story :p

edit:@vlade somebody said the classic controller is fine.

Top Bottom