• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Tournament; Twilight Showdown 4 June 2nd.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
On June 2nd. Twilight Showdown 4 will take place at Area 51 Gaming Center. It will begin at 2pm. Area 51 is located at: 711 West Lumsden Ave. Brandon, Fl. 33511. There will be a singles and doubles tournament. Doubles will take place first and MLG rule set will be used. It will be a double elimination with 2/3 ; 3/5 finals. Entry fee for the Doubles tournament is $20 per team.

The singles tournament will begin after a 30 min. intermission. MLG rule set will be used for this as well. It will be a double elimination tournament with 2/3; 3/5 finals. Entry fee for the Singles tournament is $15 per person.

A mandatory $5 door fee will be charged to all players. Please see the Area 51 associate at front counter to pay and sign in for the door fee.

The prize money will be divided 70/20/10 among 1st., 2nd., and 3rd. in both tournaments after the managing fee has been deducted from the total prize money.

Thanks guys and let's have another great tournament.

~SaintAnger~
Tournament Manager

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm part of SFL for the summer, I can say that I probably won't be showing up to this, reason being I will have no gas money, no time, and just no money in general. But I can still try.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
My crew is kind of seperated at the time of this tourney.

Skrach - Work
Sheer Madness - Work
Dop - Down Sgayouth
Me - Free
OTRU - Free
The Law - Free

Skrach and SM might be able to get off work, but it will probably just be me, OTRU, and The Law. If The Law/Hozart can't give us a ride, OTRU and I may not go at all ;(.

Also it doesn't mention the fees (other than the door fee) in the first post...

vZakat

Half Genie
Roddy. Do you really need to say your not going? If you don't post people will asume you won't be there. You don't see me saying I won't show in every FL tourney.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
Gee thanks Dave... jerk...

lol. Yea yea yea. I know. But I'm just bored, and the reason I am posting is also to see if I could get a ride... of course my original intention was not such, but still. :p

Besides, Rohins wanted to know if SFL would show up to this, so I decided to respond for myself as a SFL member for the summer. DUH!!

<3 Zakat

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
My brother Reu might actually show to this as well. Right after his SAT testing! :p But yeah he might not be technical but he has a fairly good fox.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Yes I know...personally I'm weak on teamplay and don't wish to pay an extra $10 to lose 1st thing...but who knows...maybe I might do teams with you! ^_^

BTW SaintAnger, I'm off Thursday after 5pm ish or later. (working morning shift which is VERY RARE)

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
If all goes according to plan, Monk, Myself, and Freddy will be coming to this. So yeah,... see you guys there.

derf

Smash Ace
ill be there most likely

ill need a teammate since my (most frequent) teams partner quit smash

james, you interested? (assuming kevin doesnt come of course)

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else a little disappointed about the new info on Brawl? Don't get me wrong, I love all the new composers that are going to be remixing famous Nintendo songs for the game. They have the composers for Sonic and NiGHTS listed on there, so does that mean that Sonic and NiGHTS will be in the game? lol. I was hoping for a trailer or a new character annoucement. But there is always tomorrow. lol. The site is going to be updated daily so I'm going to keep checking it. lol. When do you guys think I should hold a tournament for Brawl? The day it comes out or a month later? If I do it the day that it is released it will be $5 entry fee. lol. OMT, I think they should re-release the Gamecube controller for Wii but have it wireless (of course lol) and add the Home button and the + and - buttons to it as well.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
There already is a wireless gamecube controller for the Wii. It's called a wave bird. ;)

About the new characters / music correlation, I wonder if that's why he starts the post with "This is dangerous. It's a little risky." kind of like "I hope this doesn't give away too much".

I'd be down for a brawl tourney the day of release, the problem though is how many people will be able to buy it that day and travel to the tourney. I'd assume most people will have a Wii by then, but they're still a bit hard to come by. You might end up with not very many copies of the game.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
I know about the Wavebird. lol. I'm talking about deseigned specifically for the Wii with the Wii controller features.

I don't have to worry about getting a copy of Brawl. I'm a strong believer in reserving games so I'm garanteed to get a copy.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, and I'd get a copy / bring a copy to play in a tourney...

first day tourney would be so amazing. seriously...do it.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
if diego wants to team up and go, i'll head or if I get a teamate.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
I know about the Wavebird. lol. I'm talking about deseigned specifically for the Wii with the Wii controller features.

I don't have to worry about getting a copy of Brawl. I'm a strong believer in reserving games so I'm garanteed to get a copy.
Yeah, and I'd get a copy / bring a copy to play in a tourney...

first day tourney would be so amazing. seriously...do it.
Twilight Wiidown anyone? I'm up for 1st day tourney. Luck will be a huge factor but skills will still dominate the field.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Yeah right.
Say luck isn't a factor when i got something like 6 misfires in a row yesterday with Luigi.

You know what that means...
I'm gonna pick snake and random his most powerful explosive the whole match, every match.
Then tell me I didn't win by luck.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah right.
Say luck isn't a factor when i got something like 6 misfires in a row yesterday with Luigi.

You know what that means...
I'm gonna pick snake and random his most powerful explosive the whole match, every match.
Then tell me I didn't win by luck.
pssh. snake...you always play low tier, eh? fine by me...

I'm completely goin Wario and just tier whoring people...

gay, I know, but true...

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Sorry to say but I may not be able to make it to this one...I just quit my job for good reason...my boss wasn't paying me...I was only making tips five hours of work was around twenty ducks... so right now I am currently down to...eleven ducks in my wallet so unless one of you decides to be generous and pays for me...i'm not making this one...not that I make a big impact anyway

Also:....not that it matters but are you going to change the TS23 sign or are you going to make is Twilght Showdown 2 3 4?

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to say but I may not be able to make it to this one...I just quit my job for good reason...my boss wasn't paying me...I was only making tips five hours of work was around twenty ducks... so right now I am currently down to...eleven ducks in my wallet so unless one of you decides to be generous and pays for me...i'm not making this one...not that I make a big impact anyway

Also:....not that it matters but are you going to change the TS23 sign or are you going to make is Twilght Showdown 2 3 4?
If SaintAnger doesn't change the sign then I will make it a TS 2 3 4 sign. :laugh:

Also in Brawl I will Metaknight all the way cuz he's just cool. If Sonic is in the game (and if unlocked) then I will use him too.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
SONIC FTW! Bad news, um since Monk and Freddy arent going, I am not going either since the drive (for me) is a bit long. So unless anyone can convince me otherwise, I will have to see everyone at TS5.

EDIT: disregard everything after "SONIC FTW" Monk and myself are coming (I am not to sure about freddy).

Top Bottom