• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Tournament; Twilight Showdown 4 June 2nd.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
good **** to everyone, good job colin for winning. happy early 21st aqua, so far its been my best birthday, make sure you hate yourself the next day from the amount of alcohol you consume, sorry to hear about your loss saint anger, people complaining about the time can **** off, and i'll try to come to the next one.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Haha thanks bro and I'm sure I will. It's going to be good times, though.

Have you been to the other tournys? Sorry I guess I'm kinda out of it, What name do you use?

Either way, glad to see you'll be comin to the next one!

-Aqua :luigi:

Rohins already said he was going to help me get ****ed up so we'll see how that one works out. haha.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
Haha thanks bro and I'm sure I will. It's going to be good times, though.

Have you been to the other tournys? Sorry I guess I'm kinda out of it, What name do you use?

Either way, glad to see you'll be comin to the next one!

-Aqua :luigi:

Rohins already said he was going to help me get ****ed up so we'll see how that one works out. haha.
last time i went i was the jigglypuff teaming with colbol

vericz

Smash Champion
good **** to everyone, good job colin for winning. happy early 21st aqua, so far its been my best birthday, make sure you hate yourself the next day from the amount of alcohol you consume, sorry to hear about your loss saint anger, people complaining about the time can **** off, and i'll try to come to the next one.
If you were there you would understand why people complained about the time. Some players decided to take their lunch break when singles was supposed to start and not right after doubles when they should have, paying for their pizza and paying no attention to the singles entry fee. Most of you guys paid for your pizza right next to saint so you could have paid the entry at the same time. Out of the 14 people in the tourney I believe only 5 or 6 paid after doubles/lunch break which included Colbol, Otru, and myself, don't remember the other few. I personally am not complaining about the way he ran it, I'm just complaining how so many people decided to keep the tourney off schedule. I went to TS4 expecting a certain schedule that was already set, I know it was a little off because of personal problems, but some other smashers decided to throw the whole schedule off. Schedules are set for a reason and some players, such as myself, plan the day around the set schedule. Saint I'm glad you are deciding to be more strict, it's the only way some people can learn.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
One piece of advice I could give though is to allow people to pay for both tourneys and the door fee at the same time. That way it's all paid up and out of the way so you don't have to wait for people.

I know you said you only had one spot to hold the money and therefore you wouldn't want to get them mixed together, but having separate spots for singles/doubles would speed things up.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
:chuckle:
One piece of advice I could give though is to allow people to pay for both tourneys and the door fee at the same time. That way it's all paid up and out of the way so you don't have to wait for people.

I know you said you only had one spot to hold the money and therefore you wouldn't want to get them mixed together, but having separate spots for singles/doubles would speed things up.
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I'm trying to restructure my tournaments. Make them more streamlined and player friendly. Waka waka waka! :chuckle:

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
honestly the only problem i see is that it starts so late. you guys know how long tournies start singles after doubles. this isn't something that just happens in tampa. the biggest solution would be to start it earlier.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I agree with capehater, and I WAS there...

Seriously, it wasn't that bad, just man up and shut up or don't come to the next one...who cares? The whole tourney ended around 10:30...including finals...how is that unreasonable? how is that crazy? I took the extra lunch time as a time for a lot of friendlies...which is a good thing.

Seriously, there were reasons for this, but that doesn't even really matter...if you have to complain about this, then there's something wrong with you. it wasn't bad. let. it. go.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Tonight, on Unsolved Mysteries! See who gives a sh*t about TS4. UPDATE! Apparently nobody gives a sh*t, so f*ck it! lol. I had to poke fun at my own tournament, Tourettes Guy style! I agree with Fenrir. Let it go. lol. I have. I screwed up with the time and I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

BTW, I looking into getting a huge banner made for my tournament to hang out in front of the store. Cool, huh? lol.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
tourettes guy owns. brings back memories. When i go to heaven and see god, i'm goin to be like, ****...... lol

Top Bottom