• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
A new release is made! The update is on the same topic. The OP has the link to the topic.

For those who don't read the OP:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=33921.0

EDIT: Progress is going to be a little slow from now on. That's only because the tasks that are left are time consuming and I'm going to start working on the following projects:

Project Tales (A ton of Namco Tales characters)
Project Bleach (A ton of characters from an anime from Shonen Jump called Bleach)

None of these are close to being ready. For project Bleach, I just have the models imported by BlackJax96. Project Tales is going to be hard because the main characters are going to be textured/vertexed from Tos2

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to this project, Innerscope, I think its safe to say that you are the epitome of Resurrection.

Also, for your own Tales project, have you looked at some of the vertexed Tales characters?

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I have looked at the vertexes, but the goal of the project is to have more than just symphonia characters. There wasn't a vertex for Stahn, Ruca, and Luke. Also, I want the characters to look more anime like. Although LookitsLink does a good job at the vertexes, they feel more like they came from Final Fantasy (According to graphics)

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Progress:

This update has the final smash.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z5cou25vzzs48xa

The final smash isn't halfway done yet, but I personally think it already looks better than over half of Tos2's mystic artes =)

The collision bubble isn't large enough yet, so you have to be close to the enemy to perform an attack. It causes 128% damage and is a one-hit kill.
Some GFXs aren't properly set up, and the last part was basically me testing some new GFXs. (I do like the results, though.)
Also, there isn't a FinalEnd yet. This basically means that Lloyd will have the smash ball until someone strikes him.

I installed Blazing Tempest and Tiger Rage sounds, but they are too quiet. (Still working on it)

List of known glitches:
Hitboxes are out of place
Aerial rising falcon can freeze Lloyd
Aerial beast is the same way
Tilted sonic thrust and Raging Beast can teleport Lloyd
Lloyd can perform final smashes with an infinite amount of times
Polygons explode when Ganon/C.Falcon uses an up-B on Lloyd
Same applies when Lloyd uses Raging Beast.
Sword trail colors don't work properly (I honestly need help on this)
Lloyd still goes completely white on certain occasions (Also need help on this)
Lloyd's scabbards are missing
Super/Poison mushrooms sometimes don't grow/shrink Lloyd
Psi tempest can make Lloyd travel horizontally across the stage
Beast acts like an attachment bone to Lloyd
Swords sometimes disappear (I need help on this)

Things to be concerned about when fixing these glitches:
Toon_v1 is not responsible for the texture glitch.
Final smash acts like that because FinalStart doesn't have a Change Action feature to include FinalEnd. (Lack of "Final" in te PSA file could also be responsible)

Also, most of the glitches are easy to fix. An update is planned to be released on either late October or early November (October 27 - November 3)
This update will fix most of the glitches.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I may be able to help you with lloyd going white, but the sword trail colors I don't think work at all. Only characters that already have a sword trail color can use a sword trail with color.(Basically anybody who uses a sword)

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
If that's the case, I'll use GFXs disguised as sword trails.

Here are the PAC files if you want to help with the texturing problem:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bag880o4rjvw7km

EDIT: My TV broke, so progress is going to weaken. I'll need a tester for my moveset. (I'll PM that tester any progress I will make from now on)

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
That is impossible.

If anything, I don't use the wiimote =)

TBH, it's not really my TV (I was tired when I was editing the post)

It's more of a family TV, and my siblings got in trouble and my dad got angry enough to break one of the cords of it.

Personal stuff aside, I transformed my Lloyd topic to a topic about Project Tales. However, the project isn't going so well.

The only things that are in this project are Lloyd and this texture hack of Stahn that I made, which looks terrible:

http://www.mediafire.com/?191jw186v0cit1f

Here's the topic:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=33921.0

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Do you know where to get/do you have/does anyone have/know where to get the original lloyd model from the iso(with bones hexed to work)? The newer versions of BB can't open the current lloyd model properly and I need to know the mdl0 offsets of the shaders. The older versions of BB seem to display shaders as "materials 2".

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I have a loy.brres file. The bones aren't hexed though. (I have no idea how to fix these)

A PM is sent to you containing the brres file.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
The saturated colors don't really seem to fit into Brawl's atmosphere though.

Though I guess it would fit if you're using those Melee textures.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it seems his face is only a bit bright. In-game he looks better as he has proper shading now.

Edit:lol, just realized, I think I made his sheiths visible. Should they be made invisible?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Actually, it seems his face is only a bit bright. In-game he looks better as he has proper shading now.

Edit:lol, just realized, I think I made his sheiths visible. Should they be made invisible?
The sheaths are fine but I think it might be a good idea to remove the Mumei from those sheaths; it will look weird at the Results screen for Lloyd to put the Material Blade into sheaths that already have swords in them.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how to change shaders? I tested the new file just now and it looks like Lloyd will go almost completely dark. (So far, this happened on Delfino Plaza)

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to change shaders? I tested the new file just now and it looks like Lloyd will go almost completely dark. (So far, this happened on Delfino Plaza)
That's odd...it seems fine when I tested it

Maybe I sent you the wrong files or something........I'll send it again

Edit: sent it

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The saturated colors don't really seem to fit into Brawl's atmosphere though.
Though I guess it would fit if you're using those Melee textures.
Yeah, I preferred the colours of melee.

He's a bit shiny (reflects the in game lighting, or something resembling it, a little much), that's your problem.
Besides on the face, that doesn't look to bad.

That's odd...it seems fine when I tested it
Getting there. Just turn both the shading and the reflectiveness down a tiny bit.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Getting there. Just turn both the shading and the reflectiveness down a tiny bit.
I actually didn't do anything, that's just the way the lighting on Delfino Plaza is, I don't know if I can turn anything down, I'll try and see if the flags on the materials and shaders do anything. Another option would be to copy the shaders from another character. I replaced all of lloyd's with one of ganondorfs shaders. A third option would be to darken his actual textures.

Damn, I wish I knew how to fix the original bone structure problem, it so annoying having to use multiple BB's.

Edit: Changing the shader to a different character didn't do anything. Editing the flags didn't do much either.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ok, so the shading is just delfino plaza. In which case, I think he only really needs to be a little less reflective but by the sounds of it, that isn't an easy change to make.
I don't think darkening his textures will help.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The shading update looks great. The face is indeed a bit bright, but the rest of the colors look perfect.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The brightness is, from what I can tell, not true brightness at all. It is just the way the slightly too high reflectivity combines with his (comparatively) pale skin tone.

EDIT: while I claimed earlier that I was free for testing, my free time has declined to practically nothing in recent weeks. Unfortunately, I can't even waste time checking this thread regularly ATM.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Sorry that progress is going slow, but there is a reason:

http://www.mediafire.com/?smoxo6u775qnttm

This update has brand new swords that were imported from Tales of VS. (Dae models can be converted to mdl0)

The problem: These swords are basically the reason progress is slow. The game lags and the swords don't appear. I don't want the swords to be replaced because of these two reasons:

1: tempesttime (Our new member to the project) has worked hard on these swords and they look better than the old swords.

2: We want more Tales characters. If we succeed in making the swords work, then we would be able to import other characters (Such as Yuri)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wait, are these what I think they are? The real Material Blades? That would be amazing if you could get that to work.

Talk to RandomTBush about it as he knows quite a bit about the recent model import breakthrough. He might be able to help you with the swords issue.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
tempesttime has made the flamberge somewhat appear.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mx3w5nfp9xu4bsm

I think the vorpal should appear as well. This update hasn't been tested yet. For anyone who tests this, please answer the following questions.

Does the game lag?
Do sword trails appear?
Does the game occasionally crash?
Do the swords fully appear? If not, do they appear when Lloyd faces left? Right?
If the swords appear, are they the right size?

LloyDanny

Smash Rookie
If you face right, Vorpal appears, if you face left, Flamberge appears, no swordtrails and the game lags reaaally bad and crashes!
swords are the right size

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd Version 3 is out. New things:

-Dae swords finally work. (By SqLeon and tempesttime)
-The stage now has flowing water. (By me) [still a work in progress]
-Scabbards appear (By SqLeon)
-Texture glitch fix (By SqLeon)
-Finalized raging beast animation (By tempesttime)

Glitches:
-Psi tempest still screws up
-Same applies to rising falcon and beast (aerial)
-Scabbards aren't properly attached
-Super scope and Ray gun do strange things

LloyDanny

Smash Rookie
Rising Falcon doesn't work in air but it was just a small mistake
(you changed to the wrong sub action, I fixed that and it works fine now)

EDIT: Swords are in the scabbards and in his hands!

But the new shaders are wunderful *_*

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
@LloyDanny: Rising Falcon wasn't a mistake. It was a starting process of making aerial rising falcon. (I think I sent the wrong file. LOL)

What exactly do you mean by Lloyd having four swords?

LloyDanny

Smash Rookie
I ... didn't know that :D but it doesn't worked for me at all

like in the new preview picture you uploaded on brawl vault, 2 swords in his hands, 2 swords in his scabbards

Top Bottom