• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Tried "FitWolfMotionEtc.pac" with the beta, all files properly capitalised and it froze on a time basis again.

Also, the beta was wrongfully capitalised so it seems that probably isn't an issue.

Anyway, I'll test more tomorrow if you don't mind.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
You mean the Swords have saturation, beast head is lighter, etc?

Or do you mean the FitMotionEtc? Like Demonic Circle, Crouch, Run, etc?

And the costumes have the toon_v1 made transparent. I want to know if that changes the charge of Side Smash and/or hit effects. (how he'd randomly turn white when he's hit.)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
When I say works, I mean that the file doesn't freeze the game. I didn't really look at what was changed but "FitWolf.pac" doesn't give him a crouching animation.

EDIT: I'm now using every file of yours but the motionetc and he seems to have the crouch now. I don't know if he had the added sword saturation with just the "FitWolf.pac" but he certainly does now. There are, however, a couple of glitches I didn't notice before: He gets stuck if he lands during aerial beast and if he goes off screen with grounded RF he teleports back to where he started. If he hits a ledge with grounded RF he will teleport to standing just on the edge of the platform.
And no, he still turns white.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I don't know if beast looks different, I'd have to compare and I'm not up to further testing at the minute.
Yes, he turns white when using their motionetc and your everything else.
He seems faded almost to black when he loses. I haven't checked victory.

EDIT: The beta Beast that I have is so transparent I can't tell if it's lighter or darker than yours.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sorry to leave this project for dead. I've been sidetracked all of summer and I lost interest in the project. I'm also having computer issues with my Windows partition so I can't immediately access my revision of Lloyd which I would drop here for the sake of leaving for others to work on if they wish.

Side note, have you seen this ridiculously good model hack of Pit?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Then perhaps its time the current Lloyd PSA be released....unless there are others working on it, still?

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Isn't that ironic... I'm actually the one who's gonna work on the Pit PSA version...

But seriously, imports have tons of glitches with them while imports have little. It'll be easier to work on a vertex than an imported model.

Unless this get's back up on it's feet, I'm practically out.

But GD06, could you upload your fit.pac for us? Just so there's at least hope for continuation. There are still people who would like to work on this. (i know that it's ironic to say that.)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Isn't that ironic... I'm actually the one who's gonna work on the Pit PSA version...

But seriously, imports have tons of glitches with them while imports have little. It'll be easier to work on a vertex than an imported model.

Unless this get's back up on it's feet, I'm practically out.

But GD06, could you upload your fit.pac for us? Just so there's at least hope for continuation. There are still people who would like to work on this. (i know that it's ironic to say that.)
I think a lot of things will work out for the better with the Pit PSA, like sword glows and trails because they're already coded into the character. That, and the complete lack of inherent glitches will help immensely.

I'm happy to have seen a model import progress as far as it has. This certainly isn't the first time that an import is dropped for a good vertex modification. Just look at Goku over Captain Falcon. It's simply much more practical to use an existing model.

As for uploading, I'd happily do it if I could restore the backup of my windows partition. But I have to defrag first in order to remake the partition to restore the backup. The best way to defrag on a Mac is wipe and restore. But I have to restore by reinstalling the OS and my disc drive isn't working. It's an unfortunate cluster****.

The moveset file itself is fairly well progressed although Rising Falcon is in a really weird state at the moment. The concept is moving in the right direction (moving freely rather than based on an animation), but I can't get the move to actually function as desired. I'd really love to see someone look into it further. Oh, and FSmash freezes; I think there was a GFX line I added that did that.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, in the latest available revision (beta 1.5), Rising Falcon is based purely on the animation. As such, it is limited in actually moving for an indefinite amount of time (like off of an edge). What I tried to do was cut out all of the dive frames, leaving just the rise. The dive itself would be coded much like how the Yoshi Bomb works.

The problem was, whenever the dive started when doing it from the ground, it immediately put Lloyd onto the floor. I believe this was because Lloyd's orientation didn't actually move with the rising part, which makes me want to say that you'd also want to move Lloyd during the rise through coding instead of animations.

The aerial version kind of worked, but I couldn't get him to suspend himself for the rise. Instead, he just goes straight into the dive. Despite copying nearly every part of Yoshi's Down B, Lloyd could still be controlled and awkwardly turned around in the air. The momentum also was not absolute, but relative and I also couldn't figure out to put in negative vertical momentum.

I really wish I could get my current revision out. Besides Rising Falcon work, there's a lot of GFX additions. I also read up on jab linking and was having very good success there (although I never finished it).

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. On a side note, you said your disc drive was broken right? You could try mounting the OS on a virtual drive and then installing, I'm not sure if the result would be the same or not.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Thanks. On a side note, you said your disc drive was broken right? You could try mounting the OS on a virtual drive and then installing, I'm not sure if the result would be the same or not.
Well, that would get past my main obstacle. My primary reason for removing my Windows partition (I backed it up using Winclone) was to recreate it with larger space (and free up space on my Mac HD for that).

However, my HD capacity hit somewhere above 80%, the point at which Mac computers actually need to be defragged despite what I've read on a lot of sites. If there isn't enough consistent free space to make the partition, files cannot be moved to it and it cancels the process. I have a 1TB external HD which I have backed up onto and I'm trying to perform a wipe and restore for a very effective defrag (as Macs are significantly lacking in defrag programs). I would then reinstall the OS, remake the partition, and restore my Windows data onto it.

If this works though, that would be fantastic. I'm not going to try this right away, of course. Failure would mean being screwed out of my laptop. I'll look into this beforehand. If all else fails though, I'll have to deal with a gross $150 disc drive replacement (despite having repaired it a year before).

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
But wouldn't that work? RF's aerial form, I mean. In both Tales of Symphonia and the sequel, RF goes straight into the dive when used in the air - Lloyd never pauses to do the rise.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's not instantaneous though. There's a slight delay and he doesn't perform the full rise, but about a quarter rise before the dive. And doing instant dives would be ridiculously powerful.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
There's a glitch where tempest (Lloyd's up a attack) sometimes teleports to random places. This happens because of the wind effects. If the Abone is in the same position as the TransN bone, Lloyd will no longer fly all over the stage with tempest.

I thought you guys quit the project, so I started working on Lloyd myself. That's how I found out the Abone glitch. If I have a Mediafire account I could post what I done.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Very interesting find. I was curious what was leading to that. Yeah, feel free to work on it. I do really want to get the up-to-date files to you and SqLeon, but anything discoveries and breakthroughs would be great.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if you developers know this, but Lloyd's ThrowN bone is called "collision." Also, if you open up the MotionEtc.pac file, you can rename the bones. I renamed Wolf's LlegJ bone to Lloyd's Lupleg bone. The game read the bone correctly, so we don't have to create new "thrown" animations. Don't rename ThrowN though. It explodes the polygons. I'm trying to find what thrown animations will look good on llloyd. So far, Link's and Pit's thrown animations look good, but it still looks glitchy.

I have a question BTW. What should Lloyd's upsmash be? I decided it was blazing tempest, but I'm not sure if you agree to this.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to animate lloyd's mouth? This is another thing that I'm trying to edit.
EDIT2: I don't know how to PM files. I brought this up because I was going to send my edited files to Gamedominator06, but I couldn't find anything that has to do with sending attachments.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It was never really confirmed what his USmash should be. I think we might have settled on a generic sort of attack, but at this point you might as well do whatever for the time being.

Lloyd's mouth is a texture. The only way to edit it would be PAT0 editing (I think that's what it is) and pikazz knows the most about that.

Just use any uploading program (I use mediafire) and PM the link.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
In the fitmotionetc file, open the animation data brres and go to the AnmTexPat folder. Go to any animation and click on it. Click on texture files on the right window and the little button with 3 dots. Rename what you find to w/e texture you want to appear for that animation. All of lloyds faces and mouths are in the pac/pcs.

I don't know why, but attack100 and attack100start have things that say unknown texture when you expand the animation.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
@Gamedominator: EDIT: Files are now sent.

@Sqleon: I think it has something to do with the fact that Sakurai and co. never completed wolf's programming, so we have a wasted animation. I deleted everything that had to do with Attack100. I can remake the attack if anyone wants me to, but right now, I'm editing lloyd's final smash.

Are there any other tales characters anyone wants? I'm trying to hex Presea's bone tree, but I need to know how popular she is before I go through the trouble of fixing the bone tree.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I don't know Suzu enough to do a PSA for her.

I have never edited the ICs. Is it hard to remove the extra model without crashing?

EDIT: I'll just see an artes expedition for Suzu. Also, I can just remove Nana's mdl0 and use psa to take out hitboxes.

Does anyone approve of Cress(Tales of Phantasia) and Kyle(Tales of Destiny 2)?

EDIT2: I'm still working on lloyd, BTW. I wanted more characters than just lloyd because this is a tales workshop.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Removing Nana would probably be rather difficult but IIRC you can mod the character select screen to load a character named "Ice Climber" who is just Popo. If you're doing a full PSA, I have a few thoughts for moves.
Also, the idea was to have Suzu's "Mirror Image" move spawn a Nana replacement or simply be there replacing Nana from the start but I don't know how feasible that is as it would require AI adjustments.

Cless I'd like to see, especially with timespace artes and Aegis Strike (acts as a projectile in the air). Kyle I don't know really.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom