• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I have memorized almost every Dwarven Vow mentioned in ToS. Here:

Dwarven Vow #1: Work together for the sake of a peaceful world.
Dwarven Vow #2: Never abandon someone in need.
Dwarven Vow #4: Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two legs!
Dwarven Vow #7: Goodness and love will always win!
Dwarven Vow #11: Lying is the first step down the path of thievery!
Dwarven Vow #16: You can do anything if you try.
Dwarven Vow #105: Let sleeping dogs lie.

The only one I haven't memorized is Dwarven Vow #18. Anybody remember what that one is?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Also, I noticed that Lloyd always has proper sword glow trails whenever I used Link and him together in brawls. Whatever sword glow Link would have during an attack, Lloyd would share!

I find it rather amusing. Never though Lloyd could use the Zero Saber!

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Ah, thanks. Lloyd says that after Zelos accuses him of trusting everybody he meets. I remember now.

Oh, and temporarily getting off Lloyd for a bit, I saw somebody make a texture/vertex request on Kitty Corp MM for turining Pit into Mithos Yggdrasill or Yggdrasill himself. I decided to feed the fire by suggesting a possible moveset hack, seeing as how all three of Mithos' battle themes are accessible music hacks. (I myself am trying to find the name of Tabuu's battle theme so I can replace it with Mithos' Final Destination.)

I think if a vertex or texture hack of Mithos were given to Pit, his FS should become Lucas', albeit heavily changed so it has thinner projectiles, but also more of them, and weakened by 20%. That would fit Mithos-Pit more than his current Final Smash, I think.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Ah, thanks. Lloyd says that after Zelos accuses him of trusting everybody he meets. I remember now.

Oh, and temporarily getting off Lloyd for a bit, I saw somebody make a texture/vertex request on Kitty Corp MM for turining Pit into Mithos Yggdrasill or Yggdrasill himself. I decided to feed the fire by suggesting a possible moveset hack, seeing as how all three of Mithos' battle themes are accessible music hacks. (I myself am trying to find the name of Tabuu's battle theme so I can replace it with Mithos' Final Destination.)

I think if a vertex or texture hack of Mithos were given to Pit, his FS should become Lucas', albeit heavily changed so it has thinner projectiles, but also more of them, and weakened by 20%. That would fit Mithos-Pit more than his current Final Smash, I think.
Actually, Luigi's FS might work as well if Mithos' voice can be transferred onto Pit via Riivolution. I imagine that would take quite a bit of work, though. Still, Pit yelling out "Retribution!!" and using Luigi's FS or saying "Good-bye. JUDGMENT!!" and using Lucas' modified FS would still be pretty cool.

Plus, imagine if it really was done. You could have a battle of Lloyd, Colette, Sheena, Genis, Zelos, Emil and or Kratos versus Mithos on the New World Tree stage!

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
I noticed that too. but i found out that Marth's sword trails is in his Fitmarth.pac file, you open it with brawlbox, and it'll show three files one blue green and red. if we can somehow apply this to lloyd's files, it might actually work, but most sword trails usually involve the sword trail in the fitchar.pac file. you could probably put the sword trails in the motionetc.pac file seeing how the reflector and laser are usuless. and i think demon fang needs a WHOLE lot more improvment, and some of his moves need improvement

ryuu seika

Smash Master
On the whole Mithos thing presumably:
0+ B = Rejection
<> + B = Ygdrassil Laser
V + B = Death Eater or Outburst
^ + B = what?

Oh and 0 + A is definitely his spin attack that looks like Ring Whirlwind.

Mithos would be an awesome character but he'd be almost as small as Ness and floaty as hell. If you've ever fought "Algol" in soul calibur, that's my worry or Mithos.

EDIT: oh and on the music theme, do we have Take Up the Cross in there yet and if not why not?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
On the whole Mithos thing presumably:
0+ B = Rejection
<> + B = Ygdrassil Laser
V + B = Death Eater or Outburst
^ + B = what?

Oh and 0 + A is definitely his spin attack that looks like Ring Whirlwind.

Mithos would be an awesome character but he'd be almost as small as Ness and floaty as hell. If you've ever fought "Algol" in soul calibur, that's my worry or Mithos.

EDIT: oh and on the music theme, do we have Take Up the Cross in there yet and if not why not?
Giving Mithos the moves of his adult form is sort of odd, but at the same time it makes sense.

And I figured his "Scatter" move would be more like Forward A Smash. As for Up B, I thought, since he teleports during battle, that he could have the multi-use Up B from the Goddess Zelda hack. And he wouldn't really be small. If you look at his profile and not his chibi form, he more or less would be about Pit's size, not Ness. Also, while he does float, he wouldn't be that floaty. He could use walking and running animations similar to the latest Dark Samus PSA.

Sorry, I'm used to borrowing ideas from other sources and putting them together.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
It's a pretty good angle to help getting the project started. Look at the original Waluigi over Red Alloy. All of his animations were borrowed.
I didn't know that...but borrowing ideas is something I do to give me inspiration for my work, particularly my fanfiction stories.

Well...that, and I have an OC to sew all of them together in my mind.

Anyways, school is letting out early for me (December 10th) so I may download Brawl hacking progs and do some experimenting on my own. Who knows? I might learn enough to make my own Mithos hack.

Though I doubt I'd learn enough to join the team. You're all too elite for me...

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm not convinced it's Fsmash material you know. It's an attack that hits all round him. His Fsmash should be like Lucario's Fspecial, what with his ability to blast mana from his hands and all.

EDIT: And shouldn't his Final Smash be something involving Final Form Mithos?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I'm not convinced it's Fsmash material you know. It's an attack that hits all round him. His Fsmash should be like Lucario's Fspecial, what with his ability to blast mana from his hands and all.

EDIT: And shouldn't his Final Smash be something involving Final Form Mithos?
How would you do that? Short of creating brand new stuff, it'd be easier to stick with one of Mithos' forms.

Besides, Mithos loves to use Judgment. Yggdrasil Laser would be too cheap, and none of the other moves really aren't fit to be FS. Plus, Judgment is both strong and has a good chance of hitting the opponent.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
If Yggdrasil Laser was nerfed like Barbadorf's Genocide Braver, wouldn't it work though?

(Barbadorf's Genocide Braver only reaches a bit in front of him).

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Besides, Mithos loves to use Judgment. Yggdrasil Laser would be too cheap, and none of the other moves really aren't fit to be FS. Plus, Judgment is both strong and has a good chance of hitting the opponent.
Judgement is too similar to Death Eater IMO and Death Eater seems like it should definitely be part of his main move list. What was Mithos's Hi-Ougi?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Judgement is too similar to Death Eater IMO and Death Eater seems like it should definitely be part of his main move list. What was Mithos's Hi-Ougi?
He had two: Indignation Judgment (which in my opinion would be too difficult to get into Brawl) and Shining Bind (Might be possible but still needs a lot of work)

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
At any rate, it'd be great if Lloyd could get the proper sword glows. Too bad he can't have separate elements for his swords, though. Fire for Flamberge and ice for Vorpal...

But if my guess is correct, that would be work on the PSA, not animations.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
it is. both swords, have different bones, do what is in marth's file, have 2 different sword glow, one orange and one blue.

and put demon fang, and beast, inside the motionetc file.

and call upon the two different sword glows via psa, it's actually possible.

Zephron

Smash Ace
This quarter of school is going to be a tad easier on me, so if you guys need me to be on Skype moar, I will now.

Hopefully SqLeon and GameDominator can as well.

Bluz said he's going to actually work on animations now. His previous work is spectacular, so things are looking up.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys for a mithos final smash it could be holy lance, it looks awesome and is like a few other FS in the idea that its multiple hits to an area, then a spike to the middle for killing a specific player.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I was thinking Indignation Judgement would do something like that. Big central glyph, becomes electrified shortly after, then is hit by a mass sword from the heavens.

Anyway, it's good to hear you guys will have more time for Lloyd, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished thing, though I don't mind if it doesn't happen for ages. Good work takes time.
I guess I'd just like to see some flashy progress pics again...

One worry I have about this is that it seems like you might be cutting all the awkward hitzones Lloyd had in the original game, where the sword not in use would often end up hitting behind him with little reason. That is a part of Lloyd's fighting style which hints at his lack of training and haphazard aproach and I feel it is of significant importance.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I suppose I do work best when I'm big and central

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Then I like you too

We should be friends forever

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Ummmm... intercourse or not, I believe this has nothing to do with Lloyd. >.>

Who just so happens to be awesome to play so far. ^^ Great job, you guys. Now let's hope for an updated file soon with less T-stancing. :)

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
While I just namesearched in here, I did take a look at the OP and this looks amazing. I loved ToS back in the day and you've done a great job building the texture.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
While I just namesearched in here, I did take a look at the OP and this looks amazing. I loved ToS back in the day and you've done a great job building the texture.
Agreed, ToS is awesome. I prefer Colette and Raine myself, but Lloyd is an epic figher, and they recreated him well in Brawl so far.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Hm...now that I think about it, I wonder how hard it would be to create custom or modified movesets for Colette-Peach, Sheena-Zelda, Kratos-Marth, Zelos-Marth and Emil-Ike.

Actually, scratch that last one. Ike and Emil's fighting styles are so similar Ike doesn't need a new moveset for his Emil texture hack.

Also, I have a query about Lloyd's FS. Who is currently working on it, if any at all?

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
I've been messing with this model and have been animating alittle. Nothing really good yet, but I'm still practicing. =]

Top Bottom