• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taking off the gloves ='(

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Peach just isn't my character. She's far too slow, she doesn't have a spike/meteor smash (I know her D-smash and D-tilt can meteor but it's rare) and relying on turnips as a projectile isn't where I wanna be with my Smash Game. I just lost a tourny online playing as her and I'm not gonna go into making 'Johns' but I wasn't happy with the games. Thanks for people who've been helpful to me as a Peach player. If you can suggest another character for me, let me know, yeah? =P.

See you Peach rooms.

Psy.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Made a list actually =P

- Good projectile (medium - long range)
- Spike/Meteor smash
- Average(+) speed
- Reliable recovery
- Decent aerial game
- Possibly wall-cling/wall-jump

Thanks for caring man ^.^ lol

Psy.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I do like Toon Link but as far as maining him goes, his spike is too suicidal and I think he might be able to wall jump. I'll just go through classic mode with a few characters trying characters out even more. Good suggestion though, thanks man =). Psy.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I do like Toon Link but as far as maining him goes, his spike is too suicidal and I think he might be able to wall jump. I'll just go through classic mode with a few characters trying characters out even more. Good suggestion though, thanks man =). Psy.
Be R.O.B. he was my main, but I had to choose someone to play against my friends cause hes too campy. He is awesome. WIth the gyro and laser he has the projectiles, some of the best most reliable recovery in the game and his speed is a mix of everything . He plays similar to a camping peach, but just much better at it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So your gonna quit based one one tournament online? You just expect too just own like that and if you can you quit? It's gonna take hard work and skills to get good with her. You dont know Peach fully and her matchups at all. This is what I was talking about in the other threads.

This is reminding me of other players who quit her just cause they can't have thier way so quick. It takes time. It took me about three months just to get decent with her. It's not easy and learning to use her will get you destroyed at first.

I just think its silly over one tournament.............Online, you gonna just quit like that. Well good luck to you then sir.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
As far as I know, every character needs practice and time. You're not automatically going to get good simply by switching characters. I remember having a really bad time when I decided to learn Kirby in Melee, but it was worth it ^^ Anyway, I hope you the best of lucks with your new main.

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
What can I say, if she doesn't fit, well that's too bad I guess. Mastering Peach is a challenge on itself.

I had a nice batch of character recommendations but none of them fit that scale entirely, I am sure some do, but I am most probably not font of them. >>' *whispers* at all...

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Peach just isn't my character. She's far too slow, she doesn't have a spike/meteor smash (I know her D-smash and D-tilt can meteor but it's rare) and relying on turnips as a projectile isn't where I wanna be with my Smash Game. I just lost a tourny online playing as her and I'm not gonna go into making 'Johns' but I wasn't happy with the games. Thanks for people who've been helpful to me as a Peach player. If you can suggest another character for me, let me know, yeah? =P.

See you Peach rooms.

Psy.
You know, there's something to be said about playing a lower tier character. Unlike a high tier, generally, these characters have a lot of glaring flaws and hidden strengths. They require a lot more practice to get a true grasp on, and you WILL lose a lot of tournaments in the process, but it's worth it once you get it down.

If you want a quick, easy to learn character just to pick up and start winning tournaments, pick someone off the top of a tier chart.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Made a list actually =P

- Spike/Meteor smash
- Average(+) speed
- Reliable recovery
- Decent aerial game

Psy.
Lucario has everything you listed except the spike. His d-air is quite possibly the best non-spiking d-air in the game though. Rob fits everything except the wall cling, but it's not like he needs it.

Don't give up a character just because of one tournament where you did poorly, unless you have a backup which you actually are better with. Try to figure out exactly why you were losing, which probably has more to do with you and not your character choice.

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
peach is a hard character to use competitively, it thins out all the people that don't have the patience for it.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Don't give up a character just because of one tournament where you did poorly, unless you have a backup which you actually are better with. Try to figure out exactly why you were losing, which probably has more to do with you and not your character choice.
peach is a hard character to use competitively, it thins out all the people that don't have the patience for it.
^This.

I agree 100%. You'll have lots of downfalls in tourneys every now and then, don't let that stop you though.

tpyo

Smash Cadet
- Spike/Meteor smash
- Average(+) speed
- Reliable recovery
- Decent aerial game
Falco? Fox? Maybe their recovery isn't the most reliable in the game, but it usually works as far as I can see.

But be careful, when I look at your complaints about peach, it sounds like you want someone who can win quickly and easily (you said she was too slow and that she lacked a meteor smash) and I don't think they made it that way in brawl? :S

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Be R.O.B. he was my main, but I had to choose someone to play against my friends cause hes too campy. He is awesome. WIth the gyro and laser he has the projectiles, some of the best most reliable recovery in the game and his speed is a mix of everything . He plays similar to a camping peach, but just much better at it.
I do like R.O.B. a lot, suits a lot of my needs as well, huh =P. I guess I'll find someone I fully enjoy playing as and main them fully. Thanks for the suggestion man =).

Drk. Peach, I didn't stop playing Peach JUST because of that outcome, I actually said that it wasn't just because of that. I just don't enjoy playing as her as much as I'd like to so I won't try to master her like I did with Fox in melee.

Everyone else putting forward reccomendations, thank you a lot. It really does help. I just want to clarify that I decided to quit playing Peach after the tournament though was considering doing so before it, I just didn't feel confident playing as her which any competative player should with their Main.

Psy.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
- Spike/Meteor smash
- Average(+) speed
- Reliable recovery
- Decent aerial game
Too bad you won't stick with Peach :( To fit your criteria, Samus is your best option. Since you didn't list "Easy to KO with" as one, Samus fits the profile perfectly.

- Charge Shot, Missiles, Z-Air = Great projectile game.
- D-Air is a Meteor Smash
- Crazy Auto-Cancel Window on Aerials, long Dash Attack, decent Dash = Above Average Speed
- Bombs, Screw Attack, Tether = Reliable Recovery
- Aerials with huge auto-cancel window + Z-Air = Awesome aerial game.
- Can wall jump

If you don't mind not having a Meteor Spike, take up SHEIK :) I GUARANTEE you won't be dissapointed! Sheik pretty much does all you want and more, except spike people.

Go Sheik!! ( I <3 Peach too, she's my secondary :D )

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Hmm, good find Stealth =) thanks for the input. I used to play Fox in melee and whenever I played as Samus, I genuinely forgot how slow she moves and falls in general so thought my game was broken (until my friends slapped some sense into me again and reminded me to wavedash and SHFFL to calm me down). But yeah, I've always been put off by her speed, I will give her a go though =). Nice one! Psy.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to help. But just to let you know playing Samus well takes a lot of patience and work, probably even more than Peach since spacing and setups are essential to a good Samus. While Peach has more available options for reliable KO's (F-Smash, F-Air, B-Air, N-Air), Samus realistically only has two (B-Air and D-Tilt). Samus and Peach, while they might not look like it, they actually play pretty similarly:

- Both approach much much better in the air.
- Pressure opponents from a distance with properly spaced attacks + projectiles.
- Utilize their gimping abilities to make up for difficulty in getting KO's.
- Typically kill opponents at 150%+.
- Need patience to win and dictate the match.

They're definitely not Snake who can Snake-Dash and use his projectiles to pressure opponents to approach his ungodly F-Tilt and U-Tilt.

Most people who just pick up Samus usually end up playing too campy and don't take advantage of ALL her moves, but those with more experience will be able to use her offensively to the fullest. It'll definitely take patience and a willingness to learn :) You will need to lose a bit before the wins start rolling in. Good Luck :D

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
He lays off of Peach and you want him to main SAMUS? He's gonna have a way harder time winning.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
That is true, but he said he wasn't having much fun with Peach. Samus, while she has the same kind of troubles as Peach, might just be more fun for him to play. Can't argue that shooting out missiles and plasma beams is fun in itself :D hahaha.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
They're definitely not Snake who can Snake-Dash and use his projectiles to pressure opponents to approach his ungodly F-Tilt and U-Tilt.
While this is exactly what happens, I don't understand WHY people fall for it :dizzy: The Snakedash is such a huge exploitable vulnerability- heck, ALL of Peach's aerials outprioritize it. And his projectile game is pitifully bad- if he tries to cook a grenade you can rush him because he can't use hits tilts, and if he throws it uncooked you can throw it back and make him run away. Snake really has a poor set of approaches, and on Peach, he has NO approaches that work, but the moment Peach approaches him he destroys her. So the trick is to break all of Snakes approaches and pressure him with turnips till he approaches you, and you win.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Haha, I've been thinking about the matchup a lot myself and I've come to the conclusion that they counter each other.

Peach has no viable approaches on Snake when he's standing still, and Snake has no viable approaches on Peach (she can pull him out of any approach I've encountered into combos).

However, Peach's air game beats Snakes, and Peach's projectile game beats Snakes (Peach can send grenades right back, and if Snake tries to cook then Peach can use that opportunity to approach and attack). Snake makes up for Peach by killing her at crazy low percentages if Peach makes a mistake.

Both have every advantage on the other!

I really hope I don't disappoint you this Saturday, Edrees :( Online and WA are one thing, but the CA guys probably play at a much higher level than I'm used to. I'm comfortable with Snakes and Olimars but there's a really limited set of really good players in WA. If I run into a good Mario, Luigi, Pit, Wario, Kirby, Jigglypuff, etc, I won't know what to do because I've never faced a good one before :/

Killress

Smash Ace
Made a list actually =P

- Spike/Meteor smash
- Average(+) speed
- Reliable recovery
- Decent aerial game

Psy.
You described Diddy.:lick:

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
You know, there's something to be said about playing a lower tier character. Unlike a high tier, generally, these characters have a lot of glaring flaws and hidden strengths. They require a lot more practice to get a true grasp on, and you WILL lose a lot of tournaments in the process, but it's worth it once you get it down.

If you want a quick, easy to learn character just to pick up and start winning tournaments, pick someone off the top of a tier chart.
Tiers dunt exits. Match-ups on the other hand, do.

I do agree, however, that using an underused character says something, instead of using the more popular ones due to good performance.

I use my favorite characters.

Top Bottom