• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I just thought something. What if we get Ghost Trick content too, alongside Phoenix? Like Music or Spirits (Very Ironic if you ask me...)
Just put in TRAUMA and you can have me paying as much as you want.

Well, if that was supposed to be revealed at the VGAs, I think we might be in for a bumpy leak ride.

To be fair, the existence and release window of R3make had already been leaked a while ago.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At any rate, as awesome as having Ghost Trick content would be, the laser focus brought on specific third-party series and related games in regards to content makes me doubt we'll get that, unfortunately. We got lucky with Terry, seeing as KOF is an entire metaverse by itself.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
At most I can see a color alt similar to UMvsC3, anything else I feel is pretty much not possible. Not like it's a dealbreaker as having Phoenix in itself would be fantastic enough as is.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
No matter what alts he’d end up getting, as long as Gumshoe colors are available I’m happy.
87A06BB6-30EA-4624-AAF5-2FECAD800F73.jpeg

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I have an idea of how the trailer goes if Phoenix is going to be revealed there. Joker, and 3 other fighters from the Fighter Pass, are running from shadows and they get capture. All 4 are presented in court and the shadow judge is about to pass its judgement on them until....

Your Honor! There's a contraindication in your judgement!

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea of how the trailer goes if Phoenix is going to be revealed there. Joker, and 3 other fighters from the Fighter Pass, are running from shadows and they get capture. All 4 are presented in court and the shadow judge is about to pass its judgement on them until....

Your Honor! There's a contraindication in your judgement!
Phoenix has so much trailer potential it’s ridiculous:
- Mario Sunshine intro
- Joker trailer extension
- Real-life Objection! cutting off Geoff/Sakurai
- Extension from potential AA7 reveal
- Investigating the crime scenes of every previous trailer murder (Megaman, Mario, Luigi, etc.)

Krankees

Smash Ace
Phoenix has so much trailer potential it’s ridiculous:
- Mario Sunshine intro
- Joker trailer extension
- Real-life Objection! cutting off Geoff/Sakurai
- Extension from potential AA7 reveal
- Investigating the crime scenes of every previous trailer murder (Megaman, Mario, Luigi, etc.)
Maybe another trailer could involve the three other Capcom reps.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How likely would it be for Capcom to reveal Ace Attorney 7 at the Game Awards?

Cause if Ace Attorney 7 shows up there, I'm calling a 90% chance of Phoenix Wright's Smash trailer following soon after.
Depends on which game they wanna officially reveal first.

AA7, or the RE3 remake.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
What about the Jump Festa 2019? Weren't 2 games meant to be announced there?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Depends on which game they wanna officially reveal first.

AA7, or the RE3 remake.
Is it a regular thing for companies to have multiple announcements at the Game Awards? I see R3make being pretty much inevitable for a Game Awards announcement. Could Ace Attorney 7 be revealed during the same event?

Capcom does have 2 unannounced games for Jump Festa, though I expect them to be fighting games and not Ace Attorney-related (unless it's Marvel vs. Capcom 4 with Phoenix Wright returning).

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I believe the announcement was just "2 currently unannounced games will be playable at Jump Festa".

So they could announce them before the event, and still have them playable there.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't think a hypothetical Wright reveal for Smash secures an AA7 reveal at VGA. It could happen, but I find unlikely both things will happen at the same event.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I want to add my opinion on the alts discussion and say that he should obviously get this one.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
wait, MARVEL VS CAPCOM 4? I WANT THIS SO MUCH!!!
wait, so infinite is basically relegated to spinoff status?
okay, i'm cool with that.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
wait, MARVEL VS CAPCOM 4? I WANT THIS SO MUCH!!!
wait, so infinite is basically relegated to spinoff status?
okay, i'm cool with that.
It would be cool, but all we have indicating MVC4 right now is Vergeben saying it's happening (specifically that it would be an update of Infinite that re-brands the game and attempts to correct all its flaws). We won't know for sure until Jump Festa gets closer.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
We keep talkin' about AA7 but don't we forget the 2nd trilogy?
Or maybe thay announce AA7 and while we wait for its release they give us the 2nd trilogy?
Or... maybe AA7 takes place on a different timeline where DD and SoJ never happened?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
We keep talkin' about AA7 but don't we forget the 2nd trilogy?
Or maybe thay announce AA7 and while we wait for its release they give us the 2nd trilogy?
Or... maybe AA7 takes place on a different timeline where DD and SoJ never happened?
Surprise Investigations dual pack with worldwide release (thought it'd be weird to see different names to those used on the fan translation).

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I'd also love an HD release of the two Ace Attorney Investigations games, with the second one finally getting released outside Japan with an English translation.
I'm so used to the names of the fan translation that I don't know if I could even adjust to the official ones. That fan translation was Debeste.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It would be cool, but all we have indicating MVC4 right now is Vergeben saying it's happening (specifically that it would be an update of Infinite that re-brands the game and attempts to correct all its flaws). We won't know for sure until Jump Festa gets closer.
As long as it makes Morrigan not look like she came from the deepest depths of the uncanny valley, I'd be interested in that.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Outside of the return of Phoenix and Ammy, I'd hope we finally see a Ryu from BoF playable in another theoretic vs Capcom game, regardless of who conforms the other half of the roster I'd also rather keep the 2v2 fights as 3v3 is too hectic for me

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Outside of the return of Phoenix and Ammy, I'd hope we finally see a Ryu from BoF playable in another theoretic vs Capcom game, regardless of who conforms the other half of the roster I'd also rather keep the 2v2 fights as 3v3 is too hectic for me
It feels a bit wrong for BOF Ryu's only fighting game appearance to be in Pocket Fighter as cameos with Nina.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I saw a tweet about this and now it's bothering me but Phoenix's tie should be pink like his sprite right? Sometimes it shows up as red like in the anime or Marvel vs Capcom 3.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I remember reading that Fou-Lu from Breath of Fire IV was gonna be in MVC3, but was cut because his animations would have been too much work.

Honestly, I hope a potential Marvel vs. Capcom 4 takes a page from the book of Smash Ultimate: focus on bringing back everyone from UMVC3 and Infinite, bring in a few veterans from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and MVC2, and toss in a few newcomers for good measure.

D

Deleted member

I saw a tweet about this and now it's bothering me but Phoenix's tie should be pink like his sprite right? Sometimes it shows up as red like in the anime or Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Seems to be a variation of pink, yes.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I remember reading that Fou-Lu from Breath of Fire IV was gonna be in MVC3, but was cut because his animations would have been too much work.
That sounds pretty amazing tbh, although I do wonder what could be so complex to recreate from his attacks when we already see characters transform.
Honestly, I hope a potential Marvel vs. Capcom 4 takes a page from the book of Smash Ultimate: focus on bringing back everyone from UMVC3 and Infinite, bring in a few veterans from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and MVC2, and toss in a few newcomers for good measure.
Clearly the solution to this is to actually do a fully focused Capcom vs Capcom game and avoid any and all future licensing problems!

D

Deleted member

It would be awesome if MvC4 did also finally bring the Fantastic Four into the roster.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
They did mention Fou-Lu as a character they considered for UMvC 3 (before they were forced to cut down the newcomer count), but Nina was the closest any BoF character came to being included (being one of the final cuts). Here are the quotes from Ryota Niitsuma (producer of MvC3):
Fou-Lu: He definitely had domestic popularity, and there was a lot of cool stuff to use for him, like his energy sword, his monster servants, shape-changing and dragon form, but due to the level of work we had to put into him and that we thought nobody abroad would recognize him, we ended up dropping him.
One character who actually remained until our very last cuts was Nina. By the way, she was based on her Breath of Fire 1 design. I personally like her Breath of Fire 3 design the best, and we were even thinking about having a super where she brought out all the other Ninas, kind of like Mega Man's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

Last edited:
Top Bottom