• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Man how do we still not have any info for the Trilogy.
If it means anything, the game is purchasable on the Japanese eShop and includes full English support. The game is playable from February 21st onward, and when I downloaded the game, it had an icon for "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy". If you don't feel like waiting for Capcom to announce a release date outside of Japan, this is our only option for now.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
They should have redone the art...I think 3D models would be great but I have a feeling they are saving that for AA7. I hope the mobile ports do not hamper the art and the gameplay. With the series moving onto modern consoles it should be the most ambitious entry in the franchise.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Speaking of 3D and all...I like, kinda mostly trust them when it comes to consoles and 3D and all, Spirit of Justice was nice, characters like Bonny really showed how good they could do, but poor victims like Klavier... he's just so ugly in 3D... and I'm sorry but despite all their hard work that I'm grateful for Phoenix and Apollo just look really awkward at times...? I wouldn't mind at all if future games did 2D art like the trilogy ports or even went back to sprites which I always found really pretty anyway. The way they've used 3D has been really cool like with special animations, for example, with Dhurke's "kill a dragon" line, but...but........augh, I mean, just look at Klavier...I dunno. If he's ganna come back then they at least have to fix him. But yeah, I'm just totally down for going back to 2D, either way is alright I guess, as long as 3D gets some more polish...!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Speaking of 3D and all...I like, kinda mostly trust them when it comes to consoles and 3D and all, Spirit of Justice was nice, characters like Bonny really showed how good they could do, but poor victims like Klavier... he's just so ugly in 3D... and I'm sorry but despite all their hard work that I'm grateful for Phoenix and Apollo just look really awkward at times...? I wouldn't mind at all if future games did 2D art like the trilogy ports or even went back to sprites which I always found really pretty anyway. The way they've used 3D has been really cool like with special animations, for example, with Dhurke's "kill a dragon" line, but...but........augh, I mean, just look at Klavier...I dunno. If he's ganna come back then they at least have to fix him. But yeah, I'm just totally down for going back to 2D, either way is alright I guess, as long as 3D gets some more polish...!
Yeah, I’d also be down for them going retro sprites. Just look at Apollo Justice, omg such gorgeous art.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I got the Ace Attorney Trilogy off of the Japanese eShop, I can’t wait to play through these great games again!

A8A7772A-E1AA-4AFF-B2EC-85BE483B2159.jpeg

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I hope they let you select parts of each case, like, "I wanna start at Cody Hackins' testimony" like the newer games! It's so convenient!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dani Chambers played Dahlia really well. She will make a fine Iris when it comes.

Holy hell Bridge started on fire (no pun intended) with the pacing. The animation also looked really good. You can tell they saved the budget for the arc.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Looks like the western date has been accidentally revealed. April 9th it is.

Now, if word about a Smash update and possibly even a direct in March or April are true, there could certainly be time for a Phoenix Wright reveal.

Does seem a bit odd that Capcom held off announcing the release date for the west, despite the trilogy showing up in the Japanese direct.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Looks like the western date has been accidentally revealed. April 9th it is.

Now, if word about a Smash update and possibly even a direct in March or April are true, there could certainly be time for a Phoenix Wright reveal.

Does seem a bit odd that Capcom held off announcing the release date for the west, despite the trilogy showing up in the Japanese direct.
What makes it strange is that it is already English translated. So there would be no reason for holding off on the western release date till that late.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
What makes it strange is that it is already English translated. So there would be no reason for holding off on the western release date till that late.
Precisely. And it's not like there's word of a physical release over here either. Heck, you can actually get the trilogy right now since it's not region locked.

So what the heck is going in here????

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't want to be so hopeful but...this is odd, especially since we know Joker is coming in April and Persona 5 info is coming in March which is rumored to play into the full Joker reveal and we still need to learn about patch 3.0...

Could it really be time...?? Could the miracle truly happen?!

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Heh, it's similar case with Sephiroth too. And there has been some speculation that we could get a look at Joker plus two more season pass fighters in a March direct.

Hmmmmm.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Let us calm down about this. A game has never coincided with a character reveal.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
A lot is happening in that end of March/beginning of April area. There is that convention that Microsoft is supposed to be announcing all their Nintendo Switch stuff at. Atlus is planning a special Persona event, and Ace Attorney is finally coming out to the west. Even if none of it is smash connected that is still quite a lot in a short amount of time. And thats all on top of there maybe being a Smash related direct at the beginning of April to go over update 3.0 and Joker.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Let us calm down about this. A game has never coincided with a character reveal.
Depends on what you consider coinciding.

Nobody said they'd have to be revealed or released close to one another. It's more so a matter of a character reveal predating something. Like how Corrin's reveal in Smash predated his game's western release.

Especially if Capcom are trying to get Ace Attorney more attention in the west finally.

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
They were going to officially announce the release date this week anyway, so it seems that they were not holding it for a direct. I find it more strange that the game is releasing a month and a half later when they are literally not adding anything to it (english translations already in and French/German are post launch).

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I find it more strange that the game is releasing a month and a half later when they are literally not adding anything to it (english translations already in and French/German are post launch).
That's the odd thing we're focusing on mainly.
Yeah, also I haven't heard rumors about a March/April direct, is that hearsay or simply a theory?
Theory. Mainly based on the fact that 3.0.0 is coming with some heavy changes beyond just characters.
Try not to set yourselves up for disappointment, you know what happened for the last Direct with DQ fans.
I don't think anyone here is deluding themselves of a certainty to that extent thankfully.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah, also I haven't heard rumors about a March/April direct, is that hearsay or simply a theory?

Try not to set yourselves up for disappointment, you know what happened for the last Direct with DQ fans.
It is often theorized due to a few factors:

1. Joker releases in April, and they hinted at "more news!" down the line in regards to him and patch 3.0.0
2. We are due a Mii costume pack reveal
2b. There is apparently a blurred mode that they'll reveal at some point.
3. Brave is being worked on internally, and a reveal should be soon.
4. Nintendo's latest Direct all had games releasing post-E3. They do not have much to talk about till the summer.
4b. This means game-specific directs are likely to happen. Pokemon is an example.
4c. Smash directs post-release have precedence.

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
No physical release? Dang, I like holding things. At least we finally have a date.

Video related

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Love that remix(Does it count as a...? Whatever, love it)! Here's another great one!

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

I have been in this damn fandom for TWELVE YEARS now and "Triumphant Return" is murdering me.

Logically I understand it's a better translation but I have been listening to Gyakuten Jazz Soul and Gyakuten Meets Orchestra for so long that my brain is just refusing to acknowledge this.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That's a sinful thing to do.

"My favorite track is Corner the Culprit"
>No.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I do enjoy the retranslated name for Godot's theme. Something about it being ever so slightly wordier makes it even more in-character.

But still, Triumphant Return.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
They should have redone the art...I think 3D models would be great but I have a feeling they are saving that for AA7. I hope the mobile ports do not hamper the art and the gameplay. With the series moving onto modern consoles it should be the most ambitious entry in the franchise.
Despite being able to purchase the games, region-free and it being as easy as simply making a new cover art, Capcom still refuse to actually localize physical releases of titles like Ace Attorney. Why am I not surprised by their laziness? :U

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Despite being able to purchase the games, region-free and it being as easy as simply making a new cover art, Capcom still refuse to actually localize physical releases of titles like Ace Attorney. Why am I not surprised by their laziness? :U
The worst thing is that they didn't translate the game in spanish, but they DID with other Languages despite having an oficcial spanish localization!!!!!!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Capcom sure do suck sometimes. Love their games but their decisions often beggar belief. Not only for Ace Attorney either, but the other IPs have these brain dead decisions from time to time.

Having said that, if Phoenix is in Smash I'll forget all these sins you did, Capcom.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You know what I hate:

>Buy the Japanese version for the trilogy to get it physical and Capcom get to say that the Western versions don't sell, eventually leading to them localizing less

>Buy the western version, and you enable them to keep us digital-only

>They can't be bothered to give us a simultaneous release DESPITE the enlgish being avaiable in the current game. Have to wait for that version or again, they'll claim western sales aren't worth it.

Capcom grind my nerves and it's made worse when they're in control of some of my favorite series. Hell, Megaman was "dead" for so long and yet he got a physical release upon his return.

Don't even get me started on the recent Resident Evil Fiasco for Nintendo Switch.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You can tell the bulk of the resources and budget went into the finale and main arc of the game. The pacing is excellent and the animation is crisp.

Top Bottom