• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taco Bell Mafia: Game over. Who won?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
OoG (Out of Game):

Don't have time for this, really. I'll see what I can do, but I may have to replace out. Sorry to everyone in advance. From this point forward, consider me V/LA.

/OoG (Out of Game):

Unvote since I don't know what has happened so far and my stance is probably old and outdated.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Vote: Vinyl
Good job to both of you.

Vote: Soup
I retract my good job towards you.

Good point, zen.

Unvote
FoS: Soup
The only reason I'm not voting you right now is that I'm not fully caught up and don't know the votecount atm.

I feel like Vinyl isn't really tryin. Like Soup told him he was going to bus him early on therefore demotivating Vinyl and why Soup feel so safe to continue to peruse Vinyl. And why Vinyl would not say to investigate Soup or why he did not Vote Soup even though he had him as scum.
Do you really think that it's a Soup/Vinyl team? I'm with you on Vinyl but atm I don't wanna lynch soup.

I have time now. I will be caught up in the next hour and posting as I see stuff.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'm just playing it safe here.

We got 10 days here.
Just because it's early doesn't mean we can't dig into what we have and what behaviors we see. Why such a big deal about how much time is left.

Let's just end the day. Don't matter which we lynch. The game is already won. Even if we lynched wrong. There is 100% chance that 1 of Soup and Vinyl is scum. There is an 87.7% chance that both of them are scum. The numbers are there. Even though I made them up. At this point we are talking just to be talking. Let's marshybody scum the **** outta here.
Okay then. Vote Vinyl.

Screw it if this is going to be one of those games where people only post when there's something wild and crazy going on I say end it here. DEFINITELY Soup before Vinyl, and only maybe Vinyl tomorrow depending on Soup's flip.
Biggest part off the top of my head is how worried Vinyl is about the day ending early while Soup's on the chopping block. I'm going to sleep now but if that's not raising eyebrows on its own I can flesh it out more in the morning
I disagree with this. I think he's also worried bout himself on the chopping block.

ehh, I'm going to come back when there's more than like 4-5 slots posted

can we just lynch sneaky-Ryker because I won't be able to read them?

Vote: Ryker
If you want more people to post you can become more active.

I did get a laugh from this, but it's more stopping my vote.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
V/LA until Wednesday night

I'll still likely be able to meet the post requirements but I wont be able to have much involvement until then.

Kary you can control where my vote goes when need be.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Will look for a replacement once i throw away the trash

:phone:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Writing response to Soup atm, in the mean time Inferno if you're opposed to a Soup lynch you're going to have to do better than 'I disagree' and look at the actual case I have

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
He's a special case but that doesn't mean you put him on a pedestal and evaluate every motion he takes as any different. I want you to ask yourself, what would you think of Vinyl. had it been any other player? You're giving him this weird leeway and tagging him as 'who he is.' Bolded, how does this category not fit for Vinyl.? I understand your notion of him not slipping under the radar, but why wait? Your point seems really moot and I would love to hear why you think he's town. There has been plenty of substance and my case is the substance behind it, I will give Vinyl. no special treatment and he will either sink or swim. So far, he has sunk to say.
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT MEANS. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT VINYL DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHER PLAYERS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE OTHER PLAYERS.

You also seem to be forgetting that Vinyl is a very real prospect for tomorrows lynch if yours goes the way I'm thinking it will right now. If you flip town, I'd feel much less excited about lynch Vinyl.

And your substance behind the case still can all be summed up as 'look Vinyl is bad at mafia therefore he's scum'. It is flat out not enough.

I understand your disposition but I am going to disagree. Town's objective is to lynch mafia, Mafia's objective is to be under the guise of town. All town want to lynch mafia. It is a common theme for any town and I would expect any townie trying to do so.
Assuming they're GOOD at mafia, then yeah. Is Vinyl good at mafia?

You can look at Vinyl. and say that perhaps it won't be as clear as other townies, or their motives won't be the same, but you can also look at it and reassert that same statement I've made. How has Vinyl. done anything to help town? How has Vinyl. tried to hunt scum? I have not seen this, and Vinyl. is literally just voting me because I've gotten enough flak and he doesn't need to hide anymore.
I'm absolutely with you on Vinyl doing jack **** to help town. But whoops thats Vinyl for you. It is null to the highest degree.

It's true, he's not a great player, I get that. I understand where you're coming from with your point and it's not a bad one, it's just that you need to consider it more objectively or you yourself will get burned because you lead to believe how they were acting was more important than what they were doing.
If you only look at the surface of what people are doing you'll never catch their actual intentions, ie the actual scumminess to a person's play.

Read my statement again. I will pressure any player at any given moment If I dislike what they are doing. It is true that I am scumreading Vinyl., but you cannot say that I haven't tried to read him or change my opinion, he has openly ignored me and when asked for one simple read on you, He says nothing. Please tell me why a town would avoid me like this over some simple question, or please tell me why Vinyl.
Again, you have not pressured Vinyl. You're screamed at him 'I AM GOING TO LYNCH YOU AHHHHHHH' and drilled a single point into him repeatedly. You're also really trying to make Vinyl (square peg) fit into your blanket town play that everyone should follow (circle hole).

if he had a legitimate scumread on me, would only vote me after I get flak.
Square peg

It's true, I am gun-ho. I have no reason not to be, I will scream and shout and rant and rave until Vinyl. does something that I believe merits an unvote, or he responds sufficiently. I have no reason to doubt my scumread unless it is personally refuted or the player I am scumreading can prove me otherwise. Why should I?
Because I've explained to you like 3 times now why your read should be taken as null. You can't hold every player to some preset list of 'town' actions that you've determined.

I'm not trying to say I'm arrogant, or that I don't listen to people, it's just that I don't buy statements like "It's just Vinyl." I am not trying to shut off discussion about this or just mindlessly tunnel him, I am completely open to a new direction of thought and reconsidering things, but so far nobody has given a sufficient argument and Vinyl. has done absolutely terrible responding to me. Tell me why this makes me scum again?
I literally have already explained it as plainly as I could in my last posts. To which end you have not done anything to relax my concerns.

They are actions. I've presented legitimate argument and plenty of cases for Vinyl. to refute.
Show me. Your actions I've seen are 'Vinyl why did you vote glyph' 'Vinyl why are you ignoring me' and 'Vinyl you are scum'.

I have asked him questions and given my push complete substance, if anything I am trying my damn near hardest to not make this just another tunnel. The point about the voting of you is moot and I've dropped it, a very long time ago actually. The point is that you think I'm scum just because I'm trying too hard to get Vinyl. lynched and that I haven't provided anything for it. This is wrong and I will tell you why you're wrong many times over until either one of us breaks from responding to each other or we come to a mutual agreement. I will try everything in power to convince players of lynching Vinyl., and I will keep presenting more arguments as I see fit.
One single question repeated multiple times does not qualify as 'questions', nor does it lend your push substance.

And Soup, I really don't have any intention of walking away from a scum read any more than you do apparently. Its not in our hands, its up to the rest of the town to decide who's right.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.4

Kamen Ryker**:Kary
Inferno
Red Ryu
Vinyl.:soup, Inferno3044
Ramen King**:Red Ryu
BardulL*
Kary
soup:DtJ Glyphmoney, Vinyl.
Dtj Glyphmoney:Kamen Ryker

Not Voting:
BardulL*, Ramen King**

Notes:
Looking for a BardulL replacement.
Ramen King has expressed V/LA.
Kamen Ryker replaces Ryker.
Ryker expresses V/LA.

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is October 6th, at 11:59 PM

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Not really anybody else that has gained my interest. I'm not playing mafia tonight.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
lol what the heck am I doing.

Vote: Soup

duh. This is who we be lynchin today. Bardull, Kary get, Vinyl, let's roll.

Has Ruy posted yet o-o? oh well. To gallows this man of Campbell must go!

#HBC | ѕoup

Glyph said:
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT MEANS. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT VINYL DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHER PLAYERS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE OTHER PLAYERS.

You also seem to be forgetting that Vinyl is a very real prospect for tomorrows lynch if yours goes the way I'm thinking it will right now. If you flip town, I'd feel much less excited about lynch Vinyl.

And your substance behind the case still can all be summed up as 'look Vinyl is bad at mafia therefore he's scum'. It is flat out not enough.
It's not just Vinyl. is bad at mafia, it's Vinyl. is bad at mafia and it's a load of ****. All town wants to at least do something. Vinyl. has done nothing and even now I tell him "Hey Vinyl.! Respond to those things I put out for you!" and he literally does looks at it, then proceeds to droll all over himself. Let me tell how frustrated I'm getting at this fact because I know people will just sheep Zen and end up lynching as we're already getting to the state where the game is going to inactive. This is part of the reason I don't have much else to look at, there is not much else to pursue and I feel like I'm the only one who wants to do anything again.

Assuming they're GOOD at mafia, then yeah. Is Vinyl good at mafia?
Just because someone is playing bad, doesn't mean you need to put them on a handicap. Vinyl. knows how to play mafia, he's played about 8 games now and iIve seen him try to scumhunt. He has done nothing. It is not about the fact if he's bad or not, it's about the any effort that could be plasuibly be put as effort. Please tell me why you believe that Vinyl. is town despite ignoring me even when I'm trying to gradually get a more precise stance on him. I find myself frustrated.

Show me. Your actions I've seen are 'Vinyl why did you vote glyph' 'Vinyl why are you ignoring me' and 'Vinyl you are scum'.
Look at my case. Look at my responses to you! Look at anything I've said! They all have my concerns on Vinyl. and if he would actually get off his *** and read them he might have somewhere to look. I've already present one case on him but if he's town he needs to start reading this game, I swear to god Vinyl. doesn't even know how to play mafia.

One single question repeated multiple times does not qualify as 'questions', nor does it lend your push substance.

And Soup, I really don't have any intention of walking away from a scum read any more than you do apparently. Its not in our hands, its up to the rest of the town to decide who's right.
I will get lynched.

#HBC | ѕoup

Zen seems town, albeit wrong. I admit I had some legitimate concerns but in his own way he is trying to scumhunt. He is going to lynch me despite anything I say but I'm not going to say I'm acting defeatist here. I'm just saying that Zen is going to get the lynch he wants.

Glyph is kind of in the same boat as Zen but they're not the same person. Glyph will try and read me while Zen will tunnel me until I'm lynched. I feel Glyph's efforts are townie and the interactions we've had are too.

Bardull is more or less null. I liked some of what he was doing and in other parts I just believe that he has not done enough himself. It's not the case where he isn't doing anything, it's just that he isn't really there and has been following the common wagon.

Ryker concerns me, a lot. I hope he does something soon.

Literally no read on RR, maybe lean-town from his first posts? Not solid enough.

I like what Kary is doing and I feel unlike Necromafia where he was just trying to seem town. I feel like Kary's post have purpose and he's taking his time. Town for now.

Inferno basically same deal as RR.

Did I miss anyone besides Vinyl.?

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP:
Kary
Ramen King
Glyph
Red Ryu
Ryker
Bardull
Inferno
Vinyl.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Zen, I was sure you were town, but then I forgot about this game.

I take it you're now confident in Soupscum?
Is Vinyl still scummy, and would you go after him if Soup flips scum? flips town?

RR, you're town, but I'd really prefer if you get a couple posts in toDay rather than prod-dodging; nothing personal, it would just make me happier about your slot.

Kamen Ryker, you need to bring the thunder when you get here, otherwise I'm going to have to lynch you by PoE, and neither of us wants that now, do we?

Oh and @Vinyl; as you said, we have like a week until the deadline, we can swing back around to Soup later on. I need you to vote Kamen Ryker with me so I know I can trust you. Don't let me down, there's no reason not to push this right now.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Soup, I feel like you'd be obvtown by now if you were town.

Right now I can't say which way you're going to flip and this makes me worry.

How do you feel about claiming?

#HBC | ѕoup

It doesn't really matter to me but I don't understand how it helps.

#HBC | ѕoup

erjnantnfdskajng.edsa g,md samf,d sa fd,s a,sfd ds af dm,sa f, dmsam,v cfds alvkmdfslakmfdkslV

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** VINYL

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
What.

I'm still waiting on those questions you we're gonna give me too.
I'm in some celebration party right now.

#HBC | ѕoup

...have you been reading anything i am saying

have you been reading this game

wake up vinyl theres billions of things to respond to

holy ****

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Looks like you're just telling glyph that you're in a better stance than I'm in. I don't think I can say anything about it because you're pretty much right here. Glyph agrees here as well.

I've responded to your questions, but then you continue because "I can't read". At least I tried. I'm pretty much locked from this since I can't say anything else about it, unless you can ask me a few other questions disregarding this weird mojo on glyph and RVS.

#HBC | ѕoup

The responses tell me that you haven't read anything nor taken the attempt to do so.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rajam replaces BardulL effective immediately! Welcome him! :D

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Soup, please make this the last time you complain about Vinyl, or I'm plain going to lynch you for getting on my nerves.

We've seen your points, we've seen Vinyl's play, so let us come quietly to a decision, or do something constructive.

Ok?

@Rajam: hi. how you doing?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Alright, fine. But in addition, what is the purpose on voting him for exactly?
There's no reason NOT to do it. I need Kamen Ryker on the back foot, otherwise they're going to come in here and start pushing things around. I can't have that if they're scum, and I don't want it to happen if I don't know their alignment. Pushing them now creates momentum and elicits a response; and Soup isn't going anywhere.

#HBC | ѕoup

I am trying to play this game and Vinyl. doesn't even realize we're playing mafia. I will complain all I want until it gets through his very thick head.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I am trying to play this game, and I'm telling you now I will lynch you if you annoy me.

Complaining and deriding Vinyl makes you more or less as redundant as you claim he is.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Hi guys, reading right now; I haven't read anything yet so idk what's my actual status (confirmed town? :cool:, need to claim? :(, etc). I also don't want to play catch-up anymore, but probably I'll be bringing some old stuff back if I consider so though. I'll do a quick read and try to be current asap

I'll have a second window open with the last page to address stuff too

Top Bottom