• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T9: Canada's Fighting Game Championships - SSBM+SSBB - Vote for event preference

What events would you guys like for Brawl?

• Singles Brackets, Doubles Brackets, and Crews

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Singles Pools, Singles Brackets, and Doubles Brackets

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
There is some intense Brawl **** tho man. It just isnt nearly as epic as Melee. Maybe this is a good thing, would you guys want all the phagz playing Brawl if it was melee 2.0? If Brawl was Melee 2.0 the community would probably be worse then it already is, and look at Wifi....it be even more of a joke.

Basically what I am saying is that I think its good imo that Melee is sacred now.

Brawl does have some tense moments though.

unknown522

Some guy
honesty, I'd want the melee 2.0. I would be able to compete in a new game that I would enjoy.

I'm more disappointed in brawl now because, after every brawl tournament thread, all I see is mostly 2 characters winning/in the top 16, and peoples' posts complaining about those characters. (Example is obviously the tornado, and shuttle loop + snake's f-tilt, up-tilt, and camping game.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ agreed.
*tries to change topic*

Melee is soo cool you can buffer roll.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Nice jokes Andy, I'm sure you're laughing hard enough behind your screen to make up for everybody else.

Anyways, I allways find it funny how the people who know the least about brawl post the most about how the game is about "blah blah blah" Please stop ruining threads people..... we get it.... melee is dieing if not already dead.... you dont like brawl..... nobody cares...

To turn this thread in a good direction last time I checked a certain crew had aspirations to challenge the Northern Lights to a crew battle at this tournament..... am I right?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Can there ever be talk about brawl without you children coming in and bashing it all the time. Holy ****. Stick to the game you play and keep your **** opinions to yourselves. Montreal never took brawl seriously in the first place, no surprise they switched back to melee. Mike just shut up already please, do us all a favor, for the better.

Start a topic in the debate hall or something.

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol all i was really tryin to do wus hype dudes up, so that what happened last year doesnt happen this year but srsly maaad negativity

i even throw a "shame on u" to some of the brawlers. kingace u have big hopes to be the best and u dont even defend the game u play? fail

europhoria is pure h8. srsly dude move along if u got nothin positive to contribute. if u really wanna bring da h8, bring it to T9, i'll show u some real hate...

nobody is tryin to have a melee vs brawl ting goin on. like niko sed man if u like ur game, stick to it.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lol MDK, I do defend Brawl, but theres only so much you can block, lmfao. But I am guilty of turning this topic far from its original post. My intent wasn't to turn it into a Brawl bashin thread either.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nice jokes Andy, I'm sure you're laughing hard enough behind your screen to make up for everybody else.

Anyways, I allways find it funny how the people who know the least about brawl post the most about how the game is about "blah blah blah" Please stop ruining threads people..... we get it.... melee is dieing if not already dead.... you dont like brawl..... nobody cares...

To turn this thread in a good direction last time I checked a certain crew had aspirations to challenge the Northern Lights to a crew battle at this tournament..... am I right?
I don't laugh. Ever.

Oh wow, Melee is dying? From the looks of ToS5 Brawl is dying. Montreal seems done with Brawl xD
lol

Can there ever be talk about brawl without you children coming in and bashing it all the time. Holy ****. Stick to the game you play and keep your **** opinions to yourselves. Montreal never took brawl seriously in the first place, no surprise they switched back to melee. Mike just shut up already please, do us all a favor, for the better.

Start a topic in the debate hall or something.
woh, woh, woh...I thought everyone here was, like, not a kid, everyone with more than 50-100 posts at least...
Doing this stuff is fun and keeps the rivalry up, because if everyone was nice to each other and crap, that would like, be so ****ing gay you don't even want to go there. Having ****ing tea parties and **** or something. These forums have been so ****ing boring lately, its probably brawls fault. *waits for fun*

shoot, no one even asked nicely
May I inquire to what you are referring to my good man?

KingAce

Smash Ace
i dont bother defending it, your never going to get certain melee players to respect brawl.
also evryone has to stop *****ing about tornado and up b. bug had problems with it for the longest time and now he didnt even change his character, he found a way to beat it on a consistent basis... we have found so many ways to punish upb and nado that i dont bother using it in some matchups..

also @ europhoria brawl is far from dead, especially since almost all the big tournaments in the USA are brawl now too

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lol I wonder if a tea party could kill Captain Falcon from so much gayness. It would have to match his manliness.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
i dont bother defending it, your never going to get certain melee players to respect brawl.
also evryone has to stop *****ing about tornado and up b. bug had problems with it for the longest time and now he didnt even change his character, he found a way to beat it on a consistent basis... we have found so many ways to punish upb and nado that i dont bother using it in some matchups..

also @ europhoria brawl is far from dead, especially since almost all the big tournaments in the USA are brawl now too
I wouldn't really say that spamming those moves is gay, I would rather say it is kinda stupid. If people are finding ways around it, it means you are too predictable and that means you are crappy. l2p

Lol I wonder if a tea party could kill Captain Falcon from so much gayness. It would have to match his manliness.
Man, not enough hate.

I.B

Smash Lord
Matching Falcon's manliness is like landing on the Sun, it's impossible.

Oh wait, Falcon can do that.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Manliness is one side of the spectrum and gay is the other. Gay can destroy Captain Falcon. What happens when you subtract B from A if A and B are equal?

Remember this isnt a female tea party, this is a man one, so its 100% more gay. Lol.

KingAce

Smash Ace
I wouldn't really say that spamming those moves is gay, I would rather say it is kinda stupid. If people are finding ways around it, it means you are too predictable and that means you are crappy. l2p

Man, not enough hate.
ok ur obviously too stupid to understand...... how is there going to be a move that there is NO WAY around...

Europhoria

Smash Lord
KingAce = Pro Tier
Remember kids, you can beating Tornado and Up+b with spacing no matter what char you play (LOL)

Edit: sorry to beat the dead horse some more, but Brawl... well Metaknight players are epic

KingAce

Smash Ace
....... wow when did i say u can beat it with spacing no matter what char u play, obviously if ur playin a low tier with no moves that can punish it ur ****ed but enough characters can get around it except ppl just ***** about it instead of trying to find ways around it. w.e im tired, sleep times

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
The fact that anyone can talk about tornado like its broken.... and then turn around and forget about the plethora of rediculously broken moves from melee is just plain retarted.

Fox and Falco's shine, with a dash of Marth's magic hands, Sheik's "You gonna get it" d-throw and ftilt, Jigg's rest and Peach's downsmash anyone?
(Good players will know thats only the beggining of things, but you get my point.)

Stop complaining about Tornado and Up B.... you're lucky its just Tornado and Up B.

If brawl is broken than melee must be in tiny pieces.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Ahhh the internet...how wonderful it is that people will say **** over a board but irl nothing will be said.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
How dare you say Landy is too stupid to understand.
word, how the **** do you say Landy is too stupid to ****ing understand.

Links Scaaaaaaah(melee) >tornado&upb bull**** Handsdown.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Edit: At least there was skill to all the punishment that Melee had, and everything you just mentioned was punishable and manageable. CC, Smash DI, Spacing, Reads, etc.
You realize you're helping prove my point here, and making yourself look stupid because I'm going to bring up the fact that: It sure wasn't/didn't seem punishable at first, in fact it took several years for things to balance out Sheik alone.

Now how long has brawl been out?

In conclusion: stfu

Edit: To anyone who actually plays brawl, Did you know when we first played Europhoria insisted Marth was soo good that everyone was going to need to ban him? True story.
Now, you going to trust the judgement of someone that stupid?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I love this argument
"Statement 'X' is true... Well, we don't really have anything to back statement 'X' but I'm sure if you give it enough time we'll find something"

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
**** man.
T9 is coming up and im sure this is not the ****ing thread to argue over a stupid topic.
It really sucks trying to get back in the smash community with all this random hatred.
Melee and Brawl is equal if you dont agree then **** you.
Lets all be friends =)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I love this argument
"Statement 'X' is true... Well, we don't really have anything to back statement 'X' but I'm sure if you give it enough time we'll find something"
Did you know that you're bad at these games? You took a hell of a lot more practising/studying smash to catch up to everyone else, and I'd assume you're pretty much still bottom of the barrel as far as competent players go.

Therefor, unlike what you may seem to believe, your opinions/insights aren't smart/better than everyone elses. Infact considering how much you "knew" about melee vs how well you placed I'd say your opinions/insights are actually quite a lot worse then your other average player.

Thus your statements inwhich my statements are responding to are soo garbage in the first place ( lol Marth for ban tier) that your post asking for statement backings actually made me laugh out loud. If that was your goal than good job.

Top Bottom