• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T9: Canada's Fighting Game Championships - SSBM+SSBB - Vote for event preference

What events would you guys like for Brawl?

• Singles Brackets, Doubles Brackets, and Crews

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Singles Pools, Singles Brackets, and Doubles Brackets

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I'll always bowser ditto lol. It helps me practice some tech skills xD Bernard and David are both gay and counter pick me to Flat Zone. Then I get back throw gimped at 0% and have to counter pick for Brinstar or Mute City.

MDK00

Smash Ace
@europhoria: u clearly havent been to recent brawl tournies, cuz when we play **** interesting. wuts even funnier is im not only talkin about brawl im talkin about melee as well, especially since what i am referin to last year was melee and obviously not brawl. sleeeep ez.

if u got nothin positive to contribute move along, take ur stale jokes to threads that want em.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Brawl is DEFINITELY going to help 2D fighter players take this game seriously. *Sarcasm meter explodes*
It's so true. But that doesn't mean we can't try :p

lol but srsly tho, ever watch a street fighter 2 super turbo match. dudes can spend more then half a round clashin fireballs like nobody's business. and nobody likes watch m.bison do stupid custom combos on dudes all the time =S
:
TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER

I'm sorry, but I just didn't find those first couple of rounds entertaining. At all. I was gonna fall asleep until the beastly boxer combo Daigo pulled off. You're telling me that that video was more entertaining than this or this? Crap, what about this craziness?

I think it's just engrained in the heads of some people that "smash is a party game, shit sux", and no matter what you say to them or show them, they won't think otherwise.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Actually this year has been extra special! I have seen two, YES THAT IS RIGHT! TWO! crazy combos!

Hahahah.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lawl ye exactly, it wasn't me doing the combo I was watching it. It was a mix of missing/improper DI and prediction.

Well I can't go to this because its late notice (partially my fault) and I have to visit relatives from like 12 - 4. I hope you guys are the most routey there. Rep smash bros well and show them the insanity of Melee, lol.

unknown522

Some guy
wow, I can't believe that people have gotten into this brawl vs melee thing again.

Anyways, who here has seen a crazy combo in brawl, that involves 3 + hits that are not jab -> jab -> jab? Or that wasn't able to escape by pressing the L-button?

I have never seen any cool **** in brawl ever. In melee, at least you see some combos/cool combos, as well as a variety of moves.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
@europhoria: u clearly havent been to recent brawl tournies, cuz when we play **** interesting.
There was barely anyone watching the matches, towards the end of the tournament the place was almost empty. Heck I had what was probably the most exciting Brawl match of my life against Chester, and there was maybe 5 or 6 people watching. Basically no one gave a ****.
Metaknight should be killed, KingAce literally used tornado 9+ times in a row against me, what could I do. *Puts controller on the ground*
hi.

tenchars.

edit: in fairness a lot of melee's less than standard combos are or would have been escapable if better di was applied or it would have changed it to be less lethal but, then again, maybe that's just why we don't attract huge crowds when they can watch more traditional guaranteed stuff.

KingAce

Smash Ace
oh lol i just noticed testriders post. um im pretty sure like 10+ people were watchin that match, the other 4 from gta+niagara were watchin and lik i saw a lot of montreal and random ottawa people watching that match too

from what i heard.. t9 is gonna have no one watchin brawl seriously except the ppl that actually enter

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
while i'm sure 10 people is nice, i remember that we'd have like 20 people watching FRIENDLIES when we went to GA if the players had any sort of renownment. eggm vs kage drew like 10 people for a friendly. mew2king vs eggm grabbed half the freaking room.

while i won't deny that brawl will draw some people, it's not a great spectator game and compared to other fighters (from what i hear) and NOT just melee, its "crowds" at large events are pretty meh.

edit: bam vs pkm grabbed like 15 people for a bracket match. vwins vs pkm in winner's bracket at tos4 had people practically orgasm when pkm broke vincent's shield game 5.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol yea i guess its true. i get bored of watching matches that wont impact the tourny
altho when its a bracket match that matters/MM i still find it really entertaining :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
bam/pkm matters given that bam's probably best or second best ssbm falco main in the world and pkm's the best dk.

i mean, if you're not going to watch them play and play against them, why go to the tourney at all?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I only have 1 good combo using Link that is over 3 hit combo. But i know that **** wont pop up anytime soon again.

KingAce

Smash Ace
i remember the best combo in what ive seen so far in brawl... it was in niagara when JL kicked percon off the platform then uair, uair, fart, uair. sounds simple but that was some crazy **** lol

anyways how many ppl u guys think are gonna show up for brawl?

KingAce

Smash Ace
the more the better =)
but yea why do you think theres gonna be a lot? i heard t9 wasnt going to be very big for brawl :S

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
TO is big, iam sure mad noobs heard of this brawl tourny and they all think they are the **** and will go. I hope you guys record some humiliations, you hear that MDK? lol. Make sure you laugh at ppl when they do something insanely stupid, cuz when you laugh its epic lulz.

unknown522

Some guy
yes it does attract noobs, because it is a really easy game to play. I'm not saying that it is easy enough to pick up in 1 day and beat the best player, but brawl really does attract people because it is an easy game to win at/come close to beating someone withough much effort, as opposed to many/(maybe) every other fighting game.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
^ Word. You can even hyper(power) shield easier which is really gay. Scrubs are still going to get wrecked though, especially from a good MK or Snake.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Melee has options, a lot of escapable combos work because the person is di-ing to deal with a different option the opponent had.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
in time the scrubs will learn where the "B" button is.

and how broken knocking someone into the air with metaknight is and then pressing "B".

seriously, the only stuff that knocks metaknight out of his tornado are either really slow aerials, marth/ike's counter (according to kage), marth's side-B, and about half the cast's f-tilts (with good spacing, usually angled upwards).

so... kick them into the air and THEN tornado. if they try to air-dodge you eat it. if they try to counter attack you eat it. if they di away just chase them. if they fail di then do something better. or tornado, it's probably safer.

edit: the only character i can think of that this cannot concievably work on is the ic because or blizzard knocking you out of tornado but then ic suck against meta so whatever i think ambrose said at one point it was like 9-1 and the 1 came from blizzard beating tornado.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel sad for people that start on brawl.

They get so hyped up, like in a super tense melee match or other real fighting game and I am just sitting there laughing as I play because, you know, it really isn't that tense at all or anything.

They are like, shake'n and ****, like, I don't get it.

lolz im tired

Top Bottom