• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T9: Canada's Fighting Game Championships - Results Thread

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Yea MDK i had 0 hours and 0 minutes of sleep that night and it does mess u up. I couldnt even think of a counter pick or what charachter to use i just picked any CP and forgot about marth lol

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Yuki - Chaotic is someone completely different. I play Diddy/PT, just not against Snake or MK anymore.

Good **** peeps. Props to Fatal and J for making me hate Snake. I'm going to have to find someway around his skanky ninja ***.
Oh shi.....seriously? Man, all of the signs pointed to you! Who is Chaotic?! D=

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This wall of text = johns.

I didn't talk a word of shiet to you the moment you lost in losers finals. Which I bet anyone else in my situation would of done, cause I am just that nice. Next time, just hold you're breath and say good games, instead of all that ^
this is why i <3 ambrose

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman

I didn't talk a word of shiet to you the moment you lost in losers finals. Which I bet anyone else in my situation would of done, cause I am just that nice. Next time, just hold you're breath and say good games, instead of all that ^
can you say "pwnd"?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I dunno about beef, but according to a weather forecast a massive storm is coming. Whorenadoes are probably going to rip **** up.

And we all know the only beings that can survive a whorenado is a black man and his pet turtle, a kamikaze loving hobo in a cardboard box, and an ape with limited fashion sense.

unknown522

Some guy
i can beat ambrose any time any day... i dont really need anyone tellin me otherwise. what made me laff wus how stupid good i wus doin playin on autopilot. i banned no stages and i wus on mute. i cudnt talk to say my counterpicks, all i did wus point to my stages and nodded my head. i honestly wud have forfeited loser finals if it was anyone other then ambrose (the hate is too much to allow it) i had a nasty migraine, only 2hrs of sleep and didnt eat until near the very end of the day (no breakfast wtf).
lol I didn't have much sleep for saturday, + no food until after the tourney, and still tied for 1st in melee, which is obviously a game that requires you to be more technically on point.

Also, I can't imagine Ambrose ever saying/doing anything to you. He never talks ****/disrespects other players.

owned.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
switchblade said:
1: Ambrose (Meta Knight/Snake/IC)
2: JL (Wario)
3: MDK (Meta Knight)
4: KingAce (Meta Knight)
5: Danny (Snake)
5: Minus (Meta Knight/Lucas)
7: Boxer (Meta Knight)
7: Fatal (Wolf/Snake)
Fix'd. I used Wolf a lot more than Snake here. I didn't even get to bring out my Sonic though :( Oh well, next time.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wished I could have been down there with you guys, until I actually was. So I went back to pinnacle gaming, which ironically enough was upstairs.

good times

Gichan

Smash Champion
Chaotic's Pt owns Raynex, you should check him out.

And Yuuki, that was an epic post, lololol, weather forecast, what a guy. And Yeah, I am still stuck in Pallet Town when it comes to my Pt, but Wednesday you'll see.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
1: RaynEX (Fox)
2: ?522 (Fox)
3: KirbyKaze (Sheik)
4: I.B (Marth)
5: Mike (Marth)
5: Sanuzi (Falco)

1: Ambrose (Gaw)
2: JL (Wario)
3: MDK (MK)
4: KingAce (MK)
5: Danny (Snake)
5: Minus (MK, Falco, Lucas)
Last time I checked that looks about even when it comes to variety so... STFU please everyone with the unbased brawl hating.

Edit short shouts:

Rae+Phil: You shall stop my path in singles no more ggs. Also great matches in doubles, I dont think anyone saw us taking you guys 2-0 in that first match coming.

Erix: AHAHA that was awesome how did we do that? Placing in doubles feels good doesn't it?

Bug: Hahaha its cool but maaan, you can't yell at eeeverything!

Meehow: Fun friendlies hahaha I just haaad to make that comeback.

Fatal: Great set man, lol I went 3 different characters. You played very well for your first tournament, and you learned the valueable lesson that if someone at least secondaries MK then you'll probably end up seeing Luigi's mansion pop up if the person knows what they're doing.

GI: Didn't get to play you but I will say that its harder for you to see your own mistakes when you dont keep a clear head. Basically dont get mad? I dunno lol.

The crew: Too good like a big pizza.

To anyone I've forgotten or played: GG's and see you next time.

TestRider

Smash Ace
Last time I checked that looks about even when it comes to variety so... STFU please everyone with the unbased brawl hating.
I'll post all I want, thank you very much. Why do you react as if I had insulted your mother when I talk about Brawl?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

Fact: Melee tournaments were never so ridiculously dominated by two characters. In fact the only fighting game I can recall that had such a narrow metagame was Tekken 4, and no one played that crap. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, matter of fact whenever I play Melee I get depressed over how much Zelda sucks in that game, but unless some super metagame-warping discoveries are made, Brawl tournaments are doomed to be ditto-fests.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^I guess it might seem like I'm super offended or something but its mostly just an auto responce to all the brawl hate that we get.

But in responce to your analysis and others who complain about the dominance of MK and Snake its mostly because the game is still new and people are going to do the best mostly with good characters. This game is no different from every other fighting game on the planet and the good characters will win tournaments more often than others. Last time I checked though Ambrose won with mostly Gaw, and JL came second with Wario. That kind of beats the theory you're presenting in the face doesn't it?

The representation is just as biased as in melee, and every other good fighting game out there.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
while i understand the point you're making, you weren't there, i went about like 7 different characters (peach, samus, falco, ic, sheik, fox, marth) in that tourney against various people and most of them worked out fine, and not against new players (against the new players i went fox mostly) i actually peach dittoed adnan one game because i felt i had a stronger chance winning the ditto than anything else.

so, while i can see that you'd get the impression that our tournament was pretty much "fox, fox, sheik, marth, marth, falco" or something to that effect, it really wasn't. some of the people who placed just below the 5th place spot were using link and jigglypuff.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^Yeah, in actuality I kinda didn't know what to put for you and Imadh considering I saw him playing Sheik before too, so I just went with my best guesses.

Either way, my point is mostly that the games were both about as varied in terms of character usage. If you begin to go farther down the list with brawl it gets even more varied, ( but thats to be expected seeing as the game has more characters)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
this thread is about to turn into Melee vs. Brawl =(

<3 Adnan for hosting.

idea

Smash Master
how was melee when it first started getting competitive? although that might not be relevant...i remember reading somewhere they used to do ffas.

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
Great games everyone! This was my first tourney so it was pretty intimidating...but I'm glad I went since I finally got to meet most of you guys and I saw some awesome matches XD next time I'll enter singles...and Nate I'll be stalking you for that Lucas vs Ness match haha.

Trollian

Smash Cadet
how was melee when it first started getting competitive? although that might not be relevant...i remember reading somewhere they used to do ffas.
i'm pretty sure melee had hitstun

OH I KNOW. they should release a patch for brawl.

NEWCOMER: PHYSICS

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
IceClimbers5 said:
Chaotic's Pt owns Raynex, you should check him out.

Who the **** are you? You don't know me, nor have you played me - so why would you go around making stupid assumptions as if you had even the slightest idea about what you're typing.

What if I just **** his ****? You need to get you're **** straight and stop talking trash.

****ing scrub.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Who the **** are you? You don't know me, nor have you played me - so why would you go around making stupid assumptions as if you had even the slightest idea about what you're typing.

What if I just **** his ****? You need to get you're **** straight and stop talking trash.

****ing scrub.
Pwned.

Someone just got ***** without a condom.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Raynex, you are lucky I keep my cool. That post was meant to have a ****ING comma. So EDIT: Chaotic's PT owns,(!!! see the ****ing comma now?) Raynex, you should check him out. ****ing online, the way people talk to others like that. Do you see me going all haywire on you right now?

I just wish people would talk to me like that to my face.

Gichan

Smash Champion
And btw before I go do laundry and head outside. Raynex, I ****ing know you are good, both in melee and brawl. I have seen you play, this is bull**** to have to see you rip me up like that when I always respected you as a fellow gamer. I hope you understand I did not mean to offend you like the way you so **** ****ing assumed. You own, whatever, I'm not the kind to rip others up like how you thought I did. But next time I won't take this ****, I'm no ones ***** that is why I avoid stupid situations like this.

And yes, a double post, a necessary one.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
IceClimbers5 said:
Raynex, you are lucky I keep my cool. That post was meant to have a ****ING comma. So EDIT: Chaotic's PT owns,(!!! see the ****ing comma now?) Raynex, you should check him out. ****ing online, the way people talk to others like that. Do you see me going all haywire on you right now?

I just wish people would talk to me like that to my face.

I am sort of stunned that I got so irritated because of your incompetence with a keyboard though.

If a person insults me so blatantly, whether intentional or not, I'll be sure to reciprocate my feelings on the matter - online OR in person. So if you think my rants are limited to this avenue of expression, face me and I'll ****ing TELL YOU exactly how I feel about you saying someone would own me.

Your point still stands that it was an accident.

I don't really care whether he can own me or not, or whether anyone else can. I was just irked because I thought you called me out...or something like that.

w/e i played pokemon puzzle league today I'm too happy now.

J.L

Smash Ace
lol this is a good example of how simple grammatic errors can change the whole meaning of a sentence.

Dont be a fool!!

Stay in school!!

lol

Gichan

Smash Champion
This **** won't happen again cause I'm not the type to talk **** like that. We'll see what happens if this were to arise, either one of us will keep our ground, no matter right? Who cares, next time I'll ignore situations like this, it shouldn't mean anything, I just let it get to my head.

And don't assume I can't use a keyboard based on one mistake, wow...now I'm out.

Wow, Julian I go to York? Jokes, whatever.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I am sort of stunned that I got so irritated because of your incompetence with a keyboard though.

If a person insults me so blatantly, whether intentional or not, I'll be sure to reciprocate my feelings on the matter - online OR in person. So if you think my rants are limited to this avenue of expression, face me and I'll ****ing TELL YOU exactly how I feel about you saying someone would own me.

Your point still stands that it was an accident.

I don't really care whether he can own me or not, or whether anyone else can. I was just irked because I thought you called me out...or something like that.

w/e i played pokemon puzzle league today I'm too happy now.
LOL, Puzzle League is the ****. Man, I used to love playing that until I got to the higher difficulties and the voices finally got to me. I'm amazed my N64 is still alive after...

"I'm gonna win!"

"Keep tryin'! HEH HEH HEH!"

"Okay BABY!"

"Play with me? PLAY WITH ME."

"Cl-lo-lo-lo-lo-loyster!"

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL, Puzzle League is the ****. Man, I used to love playing that until I got to the higher difficulties and the voices finally got to me. I'm amazed my N64 is still alive after...

"I'm gonna win!"

"Keep tryin'! HEH HEH HEH!"

"Okay BABY!"

"Play with me? PLAY WITH ME."

"Cl-lo-lo-lo-lo-loyster!"
Ohhhh myyyy god..... Bernard where the hell do you have this game? We MUST play.
Pokemon puzzle league/tetris attack is probably one of the only games I've played more than smash.

If you Yuki or anyone else still has this game I want to play people soo bad I'd almost pay money just to do so lol.

Top Bottom