• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

unreon

Smash Ace
Well does anyone have a YouTube of the advanced techniques anywhere? Is there a compedium of knowledge fitted onto one video like Wak's old stuff?

It would help me jump-start Brawl. And reclaim my throne of mediocrity.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Well does anyone have a YouTube of the advanced techniques anywhere? Is there a compedium of knowledge fitted onto one video like Wak's old stuff?

It would help me jump-start Brawl. And reclaim my throne of mediocrity.
The Tactical and Character discussion boards have lot's of information. Thats where I get all my information from anyway. There are no video's like Wak's AHTP yet. There are just lot's of different video's from different sources, nothing covering everything.

Tell me what you are looking for and I may be able to help you out.

AGENT POO7

Smash Rookie
I haven't fought any of you yet
but I have added most of you
but
just curious
who's the best Brawler in Sydney?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
$5 money match? I believe I'm better than you at Brawl.
i will money match u 100$ at the next tourney

also its hard to say you're better than me when you've never played a match against me that you've won... also my arrogance aside i think im alot closer to kullas level than any of the other sydney players, it sounds arrogant cause i havent shown it in a tournament, but the only player i lost to at the tournament i went to was kulla... once in swiss then once in single elimination.

also im bored right now wanna play wifi?

Jaz

Smash Ace
i will miss teh sim
and zaidou you know that i know that that sucks.

I am officially a nerd, i rolled a 20 sided dice last friday.
i'd done it the week before and omg

i got a fracking 1

unreon

Smash Ace
AGENT: Kulla is universally regarded as the best in NSW in both games.

Regarding Melee, the top three have been commonly thought of as:
1. Kulla
2. Pat aka. Berimbau
3. Jaz
IMO, Fourth is a tossup between Bjay, Tom, and I. However Bjay tends to underperform in tournaments and Tom has improved a ridiculous amount since the last time I played him - which was actually a loooong time ago :/

PO: I'd like to start off knowing how to do that dash to upsmash thing I've heard Snake can do. Can other characters do that stuff too?

I currently like Wario, DDD, Falco, ROB, Marth. Marth is my most comfortable but that's obvious.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
AGENT: Kulla is universally regarded as the best in NSW in both games.

Regarding Melee, the top three have been commonly thought of as:
1. Kulla
2. Pat aka. Berimbau
3. Jaz
IMO, Fourth is a tossup between Bjay, Tom, and I. However Bjay tends to underperform in tournaments and Tom has improved a ridiculous amount since the last time I played him - which was actually a loooong time ago :/

PO: I'd like to start off knowing how to do that dash to upsmash thing I've heard Snake can do. Can other characters do that stuff too?

I currently like Wario, DDD, Falco, ROB, Marth. Marth is my most comfortable but that's obvious.

unreon XD we're talking brawl just start by dashing then hit the c stick down then up you have a certain amount of frames to do it in... idk im not a snake player but yeah do that.

unreon

Smash Ace
:( I've been trying to press A then hit C-up really really really really fast.

And my mangled Falco-using hands couldn't do it fast enough. I felt inadequate and sad. But thanks Turtle I'll try that asap lmao ><

Dedu

Smash Lord
ur doing it wrong mate.

Its dash to (dsmash to usmash) - stuff in brackets do very fast as possible.
As tom said.

My new MAIN for Brawl!
[insert picture here]

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
So anyone have any idea when the next Melee tournament is? I mean I'd still go to a Brawl one but Melee is just too good.

unreon

Smash Ace
I am willing to hold a Melee meet if y'all want to travel all the way down to Greenfield Park to plays.

I have three TVs all ready to go for playing if anyone is interested.

However its a bit far for the Easties, and to travel here you'll have to trek through Cabramatta first. Hopefully you'll survive.

Gords

Smash Champion
ur doing it wrong mate.

Its dash to (dsmash to usmash) - stuff in brackets do very fast as possible.
As tom said.

From my experience of doing this technique,
the way it goes is start a dash, then hit the C-stick down (this activates a dash attack), then as soon as this attack has activated hit Z + up on the analogue stick to activate the up-smash. (NB: all this assuming you are using the default GC controlls)

This needs to be timed right as well,
if you hit the Z button to early you will grab and if you hit the Z button too late you will continue the dash attack.

Different characters have slightly diferent timing and different slide distance ( which i believe is dependent on the distance of their dash attacks but not sure).

I can do it about 70% of the time with link and snake and havent really tried to work out the timing for the others but i have managed to pull it off with a few of them though.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll be in town between the 17-20 July so I'm down for some Smash on that Friday or Saturday daytime. Please have a meet then Jason, for the wub of kitties! I'll be happy to travel west

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I don't see why I couldn't make it to your birthday... oh wait... theres AVCon *Boozer flop*

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman

You have to dash with the c stick and up-smash with the z button. Other characters can do it. They include; Wario, Wolf, Falco, Sheik. Umm... theres probably more. I can't think of any right now.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
turtle....out of interest, what makes you think youre so good at brawl? who have you been playing? are you aware that kulla has kinda been training - like between 3 and 5 nights a week - for the last month or so with myself and fork?

not that im trying to toot my own horn, i play sonic. sonic fails. i think ive beaten kulla once in the last month. due to his suicides.

but like...if you havent proved it in tournaments, how do you know? how many serious (and at this point, by serious i mean people who have been playing brawl on imported wiis) smashers have you played against?

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Turtle stayed at my place the other night and we played smash for hours, recorded many matches, they shall go on youtube, you can judge for yourself. And yeah I am the suicide king :D

<3 Cao, might see you when you come down....thats right before my jaw surgery...

Also welcome all the new people, hope to see you at meets and tournies

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
turtle....out of interest, what makes you think youre so good at brawl? who have you been playing? are you aware that kulla has kinda been training - like between 3 and 5 nights a week - for the last month or so with myself and fork?

not that im trying to toot my own horn, i play sonic. sonic fails. i think ive beaten kulla once in the last month. due to his suicides.

but like...if you havent proved it in tournaments, how do you know? how many serious (and at this point, by serious i mean people who have been playing brawl on imported wiis) smashers have you played against?

yer i cant really say that i am because of the point that i havent proved it in tournaments, but the only sydney tournament i went to i feel i wouldve come 2nd aswell had i not had to play kulla in the top 8 in a single elimination round after just having played him in swiss, but yer if there were rankings, meteor master is no.2 and i wouldnt even be on them xD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll fly out on Sunday morning so I arrive in time for the Melbourne tournament

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
xeno! why did u install tremulous on my room mates computer!? he got angry at me for that. anyways simon i actually have conjuctivitus from sydney, heard its contageous so hopefully you dont get it.

xeno

Smash Ace
o sorry tom, forgot to remove.
conjuctivitus sounds bad. btw did you hear about train strike? and read newspaper.. cops are thinking about quitting.

unreon

Smash Ace
anyways simon i actually have conjuctivitus from sydney, heard its contageous so hopefully you dont get it.
As an optometry student I can confirm that it is super duper contageous. Don't rub your eyes ever, unless its with a cleaning cloth and lots of water. Even then I'd suggest to not to wash with a cloth because its very likely to pass on the conjunctivitis from one eye to the other. The water can get into your eyes, pick up the conjunctivitis baddies, and sneak its way to the other eye. You never know.

And I will repeat you that no matter how irritated it gets, don't rub your eyes! Very easy to rub one eye then the other and forget you can pass it over.

Kulla wtf jaw surgery? What is it this time O.o All the Sydney-ers are getting chopped down, now I don't want to go to BJJ class out of fear of this karma strike :/

BTW Cao when you're coming down make sure I'm invited to wherever you guys go! :D Wouldn't mind scaling the bridge myself.

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... Inflammation...

As an optometry student I can confirm that it is super duper contageous. Don't rub your eyes ever, unless its with a cleaning cloth and lots of water. Even then I'd suggest to not to wash with a cloth because its very likely to pass on the conjunctivitis from one eye to the other. The water can get into your eyes, pick up the conjunctivitis baddies, and sneak its way to the other eye. You never know.

And I will repeat you that no matter how irritated it gets, don't rub your eyes! Very easy to rub one eye then the other and forget you can pass it over.

Kulla wtf jaw surgery? What is it this time O.o All the Sydney-ers are getting chopped down, now I don't want to go to BJJ class out of fear of this karma strike :/

BTW Cao when you're coming down make sure I'm invited to wherever you guys go! :D Wouldn't mind scaling the bridge myself.
I see... Inflammation in the eye huh whats the cause? fungus? Bacteria?? the horrible new timing with the knee?

Man everyone i meet had red eyes today ha ha ha...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... Tour...

AGENT POO7

Smash Rookie
I see... Inflammation in the eye huh whats the cause? fungus? Bacteria?? the horrible new timing with the knee?

Man everyone i meet had red eyes today ha ha ha...

perhaps you've been playing too much Brawl...and forgetting to blink during fights
people don't realise how important blinking is for the eyes

and on another note
my friend code is
2449-6052-2292

I share the same friend code with HOBO (his name is Girrr on these forums though)
reason because we play under the same roof on the same Wii

and when we play he usually goes by the name HOBO...and I go by the name POO

hope that wasn't too confusing

hope to fight soon

Top Bottom