• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
You're still unconvinced, aye. :embarrass
Regarding bringing stuff.. the meet I held a couple weeks ago was fun.. but you guys forgot a Wiimote.. and only one person brought a Wii. I don't mean to be rude but Come on! If Shaya hosts this meet -- bring what you have!!
Still can't believe I forgot my controller that day ._.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well as I said, Saturday.

All day pretty much. (Maybe from 11am onwards).

I may have to kick you guys out at maybe 6pm-7pm, don't know. I live with my mother who's in charge of said loungeroom; she may not care until who knows what time.

Total capacity is "three" TVs. But realistically just two.

Also xeno, as I do have a wii and wiimote of my own, if one were to forget such simple things it wouldn't be the end of the world.

And don't get me wrong, I like melee, I'm just too many centuries behind in skill to catch up. And my body (nor my controllers) can take it, and my patience is under 9000.

But yeah if two people brought their own wiis and brawl that would be enough. I'm about to get ready to go to work, so if people are interested go ahead and say so and I'll give a get go by tonight (maybe tomorrow) if there is enough interest.

So far I think:
e_alert (wii/brawl?)
Gordo (wii/brawl?)
Xeno (late comer)
and myself are up for it.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
At Xeno's meet we ended up having like one Wii-mote, 2 Wiis and no sensor bars :laugh: . And we managed to start Brawl without a sensor bar, just pointing the Wii-mote at a window lol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
all sensor bar is for is pointing at screen, right

all the cord is for is to provide power for the type of light the sensor bar creates. you could put two candles on top of the tv and it'd work just as good. the light in the window must have emulated this somewhat

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
Correct, some people didn't understand how it worked because [understandably] they assumed something (the sensor bar usually) had to be connected to the Wii to recieve signals. The only reason the sensor bar is connected to the Wii is to power the infrared recievers contained inside the sensor bar itself. The Wii-remote's tip contains a very simple camera that can read the infrared data, which off the two IR sources in the sensor bar can calibrate the position of the pointer in relation to the TV screen.

As Dekar said, candles could work just as good as a sensor bar since they produce the same effect that the sensor bar is creating when plugged into the Wii. However for whatever reason we decided not to use candles and just pointed the Wii-remote at a window (which whilst not as accurate as the candles/sensor bar, once again produces light of the same effect) and managed to start Brawl. lol, hope I explained that well enough :ohwell: .

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
so Does Sydney want a smash meet or not? I have perhaps 4 other people interested, one of whom has guaranteed he'll stalk my house even if I don't host a smash meet, so it's up in the air.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Huh. Well, I'm not so sure about being able to call on the way as I don't have a mobile, but I'll definitely be going, and bringing Wii/Brawl. I trust I don't have to pack spare controllers?

Anyway, for what it's worth I'll be traveling by train the whole way. Don't worry if I happen to be half an hour late or something; I have chronic lateness so it's completely normal, but if I do turn out late I'll hunt down a payphone and give you a ring.

What'll we be doing for food? Any stores nearby?

unreon

Smash Ace
Shaya: I have work on Saturday, so I can't make it. Sorry :( I'll try to host one when Cao is down here, so try to come then :)

SS Ben: Wow, you learn something new everyday. I thought it was always the sensor bar had two infra-red cameras in it, and by the infrared shooting out of the tip of the Wiimote they can triangulate its position.

OH, I just remembered reading forum tidbits that some people have trouble playing whilst their lights are on. The puzzle pieces are all falling into place lmao. But wait, wouldn't sunlight make the Wii go all haywire?

I miss HSC Physics...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well I'm at the Blacktown branch on Saturdays. I finish at 3pm and training it there would take me over 1.5 hours x_x
Eep. So you live out in the west or do you normally live in the East? Because yeah showing up at maybe 4:30ish and leaving at round 7 or maybe 8, if that's worth it for you... Up to you really...

Bjay

Smash Lord
Ahh this sounds like lots of fun but unfortunately I won't be able to make it. Sorry :(

xeno

Smash Ace
At my meet, I got a wiimote to work by turning on the lights in the kitchen then waving it around at the lights in the ceiling.
Shaya I *should* be able to make it sometime in the afternoon, 1~2ish?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ahh this sounds like lots of fun but unfortunately I won't be able to make it. Sorry :(
That's shameful, I really wanted to see who's Marth is better between us and also beat your Wario :p. I just wanted to vs you in general as everytime we tried to have a friendly at the tournament we'd be interrupted ;_;.

I live 10 minutes away from Cabramatta.
Yeah, so not exactly close. It's up to you if you want to try showing up.

Shaya I *should* be able to make it sometime in the afternoon, 1~2ish?
No qualms with you showing up at 1~2.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Shaya, I should be good for finding the place. I just poked around Google Maps for a bit and figured out where exactly everything is and where I should be headed. In terms of directions I almost never need help as I am very good with that kind of thing, but since I don't have a phone I can email/IM/IRC/whatever you on the day as I leave the house to "let you know I'm coming" or what have you. I know you'd prefer I call, but I want to at least try and do something to contact you if you'd like to hear from me on the day.

But yeah, food and stuff sounds good. Can't wait to have some matches with you guys.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Out of curiousity xeno, do you like Melee or Guilty Gear more?

That's shameful, I really wanted to see who's Marth is better between us and also beat your Wario :p.
Your Marth is better of course. Also you'll beat my Wario I just got lucky the other time.

Though honestly I ain't got problems with vsing Marth anymore.

xeno

Smash Ace
@ Bjay: Melee more, but I've *barely* played Guilty Gear compared to Melee. I can't do much advanced stuff and never have played anyone really good to have some overwhelmingly high-level matches. I think #Reload has just as much potential to be as great as Melee though. There are also many more viable characters in #Reload compared to Melee -- tier differentials aren't as large.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yea, my "third TV" is my old banger of a computer which has a TV card.

My loungeroom has my mother's computer/monitor/etc set up there, so I'll just unplug it all from my room and move it on over, and you can play your favourite Fightan games in High Definition 17inch flat screen goodness. And record it all at the same time.

If you guys want to do that, bring USB disks or something so you can take the matches.

And xeno, I don't mind if you bring melee or not, I'll be overly forceful of playing brawl, but if people want to break the tedium to play a bit of melee I won't mind.

Oh and Bjay, you don't need to be modest. ;_;.

Bjay

Smash Lord
@ Bjay: Melee more, but I've *barely* played Guilty Gear compared to Melee. I can't do much advanced stuff and never have played anyone really good to have some overwhelmingly high-level matches. I think #Reload has just as much potential to be as great as Melee though. There are also many more viable characters in #Reload compared to Melee -- tier differentials aren't as large.
Cheers for the response! A lovely read it was :)

Oh and Bjay, you don't need to be modest. ;_;.
Lies. I was only being honest. :) After all, I even said I have no problems against vsing Marths in general ^_^

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
Hectic Challenge

HEY COMBOTURTLE WANNA MEET MY FRIEND PAIN THAN ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE, A CHALLENGE TO A GAME OF SMASH BROS. :mad:

Bjay

Smash Lord
If Nintendo was Awesome, that would appear on Turtle's Wii next time he loaded Smash Brawl. NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

..lovely post? well I just uh, answered the question :p
No, I didn't say lovely post. I said lovely read :)

Anywho I always say the first thing that comes to mind, it's the way I roll.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Oh I just realised it was a Mr.T Snickers add reference, I dunno if its cool or sad...

Maybe a mix of both, if it were an old Mr.T quote from the A-Team....now thats major kudos!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh I just realised it was a Mr.T Snickers add reference, I dunno if its cool or sad...

Maybe a mix of both, if it were an old Mr.T quote from the A-Team....now thats major kudos!
Rocky III came first.

And I'll tell you now, everything came from Rocky. Including the ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE MEET MY FRIEND PAINNNNNN.

AND PITY THE FOOL ETC.

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
To Determine The True Champion We Will Have A Set, Best Of 3 Doublebblind, Loser ( You ) Counterpicks.

Top Bottom