• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
i was on about 2 hours of sleep and i had work at like 6.30pm. i wouldn't've been able to stay for the top 8 even if i had made it. sucks, i know. i haven't been to a tournament properly for ages.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
An announcement of sorts, I'm taking a break from smash for the next 2-3 months due to medical reasons .. For anyone who doesn't know, for the past three months my hands have been slowly getting worse, and Smash really aggravates them and I'm sure playing the amounts I did in the past few months has only made it worse...

I'm also semi-banning myself from my computer as typing is just as bad...So I might fade away for a while... But I'll return or make an appearance at meets or something.

*Edit*
For anyone who is curious as to whats wrong...Its Ulnar nerve entrapment in both elbows...look it up, its not that fun.

S.D

Smash Master
Ouch - wow that sucks Kulla, hope it gets better asap.

So you mean to tell us all that you've been winning with a significant handicap? All I know is that it makes your fingers fall asleep - so you must have been winning on 6 or 7 fingers.

I'm scared for your comeback.

unreon

Smash Ace
Sad to hear it Kulla..hope you get better!

Ulner nerve entrapment? Sounds like the nerve is physically pinched or something. If it wasn't excessive gaming, what was the cause? How are you being treated? Nerve entrapment sounds like more of a surgical solution than a pharmaceutical one. What happens if you keep gaming? Is it hurting, tingling, repeated shaking, unable to command your hand as precisely as you thought? How does it affect your other activities, like studying or handling cutlery?

Sorry about all the questions but when it comes to medical conditions I like to know it in detail lol

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Unreon can you fix my sleeping disorder? I like to sleep a lot - sometimes in undesirable situations

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Kulla, that really sucks........

I'll also be taking a Break from SMASH, as Rent's won't Allow It. Yeah, it sucks.

At the MOST, I'll be gone for a Year.......Fingers Crossed it shouldn't take that long. I Really Enjoy Hanging Out With The SSS.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
The cause is a combination of: The way I sleep, type, game, work and uhhh yeah...

Surgery isnt an option yet...they arent that bad...pretty much I gotta splint it while i sleep, not type, not game, and im on light duties at work... apparently it takes months to get better... Hence the break from Smash

As for how handicapped I was...not really only after playing constantly for an extended time does it actually start effect how I play

And bye Zaidou!

Dedu

Smash Lord
Unreon can you fix my sleeping disorder? I like to sleep a lot - sometimes in undesirable situations
I gotta say Cao, after staying at your house during Rambo, you sleep waay less than I do mate.

I thought you might have been running on an internal caffeine machine in your body lol.

EDIT -
Kulla: Sorry to hear about that mate. That sucks. Its like when i heard about Fork having a hand seizure during the tournament but way worse. I recommend acupuncture for these kind of nerve injuries. They do a great job at 're-energising' the nerves affected and often are way better than surgical and pharmaceutical options. I know because I had some for my feet when they went wacko for a while - muscle spasm etc. Helped calm them down etc etc. Don't get them as much these days.

Excuse the new age reference, but i think you got a 'nerve/energy blockage' in your arm lol.

unreon

Smash Ace
Excuse the new age reference, but i think you got a 'nerve/energy blockage' in your arm lol.
That's what a nerve entrapment is >.>
I'll also be taking a Break from SMASH, as Rent's won't Allow It.

At the MOST, I'll be gone for a Year.......I Really Enjoy Hanging Out With The SSS.
What the lol? I've never met you so I have to ask: "aren't you in uni?". I thought you were =/

And who or what are the SSS and why aren't I included?! :'(
Here's a task then - go back to Japan, and GET ME A WHITE KITTY. They are so cuted its painful on me :(

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
OMFG, with Kulla gone, I'm temporarily #1 at Brawl! lol

Ok, the joke aside, that has to be really crappy Kulla. I hope your hands get better sooner than expected. =/

CRUMBS

Smash Cadet
Ulnar nerve entrapment can give symptoms of " falling asleep " in the ring finger and little finger, especially when the elbow is bent. There may be an aching pain on the inside of the elbow. In some cases, it may be harder moving the fingers in and out or manipulating objects.

Oh man that sucks. Sleeping with a splint sounds nasty. i broke my shoulder at the start of the year and i remember how hard it was to sleep because i couldn't move or turn over because it would cause me great pain.

Goodbye Kulla and Zaidou i havent met you yet but anyway :(

Oh and im guessing 'SSS' stands for sydney smash scene...

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
The cause is a combination of: The way I sleep, type, game, work and uhhh yeah...

Surgery isnt an option yet...they arent that bad...pretty much I gotta splint it while i sleep, not type, not game, and im on light duties at work... apparently it takes months to get better... Hence the break from Smash

As for how handicapped I was...not really only after playing constantly for an extended time does it actually start effect how I play

And bye Zaidou!

lol 10chars

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
@ cao: relative kyootness

@ kulla: consider learning how to play smash with your feet.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Those kitties are homeless. They need someone to wub them. So the person put them outside on a leash for everyone to looky-see.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
news just in!

turtle sucks!

laggy tvs are terrible

4 players matches are also terrible

items are even better

simon is a great bloke

bjay is king

chicken salad is also pretty good

and i seen a bum fight on the way home

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Why didn't you SMUGGLE THEM BACK CAO..... You could have been the next Chappelle...but with cats instead of drugs obviously

On the way back from Europe, in Thailand I went to a market and found the cutest baby rabbit it has a racing stripe so we called in Turbo and were figuring out ways to avoid it becoming someones dinner

Kulla noooooo I guess your trip to QLD is probably off then??

Wouldn't surgery be a better option, maybe a month of rehabilitation and it would be permanently fixed instead of a few months of recovery with the possibility that it could just come back again.

AGENT POO7

Smash Rookie
HEY!

I'm new to the forums but not new to the world of Smash
I reside here in Sydney
and yeah
just saying hey

I will be adding all of you Sydney guys for maximum use of online play

so add me to the list of sydney brawlers

I'm ready to fight

Gords

Smash Champion
hi guys,

im finally here, and yes i am from the tour.
from my username and profile pic you should identify me.

glad to be here and its great to of met all of you at the tour, and i look forward to meeting those of you who weren't there.

unreon

Smash Ace
Welcome Gords :)

Man, the "SSS" has exploded dramatically. Maybe I start learning the advanced stuff for Brawl >.> But I'm so so terrible :(

Why can't Falco pillar anymore nnnoooooooooo

S.D

Smash Master
Hello to Agent P007 and Gords!

Sounds like the tour was a lesson in FFA humility for one and all?

yup
what was 'the tour' anyway?
The 'tour' was a nintendo connection tour for brawl - where they go to loads of westfields and play senseless FFA's in which whoever is fastest to the smash ball wins. XD

Maybe I'm just jealous because they didn't visit Newcastle :(

Top Bottom