• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
....cao....you beat masashi? thats pretty...fkn....impressive.

no egg this week. probs no egg till uni starts again.

i will show you ALL that sonic is amazing. nevermind that kulla beats me every time we play literally.

j3z

Smash Rookie
....cao....you beat masashi? thats pretty...fkn....impressive.

no egg this week. probs no egg till uni starts again.

i will show you ALL that sonic is amazing. nevermind that kulla beats me every time we play literally.
No egg? I guess that gives me time to practice then.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
i meant no egg for me. egg may very well be on, i have no idea.

and j3z, egg _is_ time to practise. kind of. when it doesnt just involve ffas.

j3z

Smash Rookie
Can anyone give me any info on the bi-weeklies? Im kind of interested in going. But I dont know much about it aside from whats posted at the beginning of this thread. Are they still on?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Bi weeklies are a bit dead at the mo.

Everyone seems to be too busy with 'stuff' these days.

CRUMBS

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, i didnt know where to introduce myself so i decided here would be best as i live near Manly (anyone also around this area)

I have not got brawl yet (but hey that will change tomorrow) and melee is pretty much my favorite console game ever

so yer, just saying hi

P.s i have been a super lurker for a while

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'll be surprised if there aren't a lot of lurkers that pop up with Brawl's release.

Hey guys, i didnt know where to introduce myself so i decided here would be best as i live near Manly (anyone also around this area)

I have not got brawl yet (but hey that will change tomorrow) and melee is pretty much my favorite console game ever

so yer, just saying hi

P.s i have been a super lurker for a while
Hey CRUMBS! That's totally cool, this thread is appropriate ^_^

I believe there's a couple near you (Dedu and Kulla), but would have to double check on that :p

I look forward to some matches with you :)

Dedu

Smash Lord
I'm the closest to u mate.

I'm about a 10min drive away by car!

Kulla is on the other side of the city Bjay. Too far for Crumbs (or ManBearPig) >_>

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'm the closest to u mate.

I'm about a 10min drive away by car!

Kulla is on the other side of the city Bjay. Too far for Crumbs (or ManBearPig) >_>
ManBearPig? o_o

What about a ferry though?

But yeah I guess you are practically the closest.

CRUMBS

Smash Cadet
haha, pity i only have my learners license, anyway nice to meet you..

Manbearpig.? im assuming thats another sydney smasher who lives near manly (or is it just a south park reference)

Oh i saw theres a tournie on Sunday at bondi. Im still wondering if i should go with my zero brawl experience

unreon

Smash Ace
Welcome to the team CRUMBS. How long have you been lurking for? You shouldn't have been shy, nobody bites here (except for Chicken Salad, who's going to be a doctor. So you'll regret having pissed him off when you need a new kidney).

And SUP GUYS; I AM OFFICIALLY OFF EXAMS :D As soon as I get some year-rep duties off my shoulders I can join you all once again! =)

PS. Jaz if I'm letting you borrow my Twin Snakes, can I borrow whatever you're using to play imported games? Because I have an NTSC MP3:Corruption that's been waiting for a loooooooong time to be played. It's very lonely without me :(

PPS: If anyone spoils MP3 for me, you are dead.

PPPS: Don't worry CRUMBS the above does not apply to you. :)

EDIT (PPPPS):
Brawl is very easy to play so you don't need experience to be good. Just play Meta Knight and you'll place high.
LMAO what happened to G&W and DDD?!

Dedu

Smash Lord
haha, pity i only have my learners license, anyway nice to meet you..

Manbearpig.? im assuming thats another sydney smasher who lives near manly (or is it just a south park reference)
That's cool I'm on mah green pees. Manbearpig was another smasher in Manly who appeared very briefly.

Are you on holidays at the moment?

MP3 - Samus becomes Zamus at the end and gets taken over by the Phazon Samus.

Bjay

Smash Lord
PS. Jaz if I'm letting you borrow my Twin Snakes, can I borrow whatever you're using to play imported games? Because I have an NTSC MP3:Corruption that's been waiting for a loooooooong time to be played. It's very lonely without me :(
I'm sure you probably know anyway but just remember not to update your Wii. Keep it at 3.2 so you can still use the Freeloader.

CRUMBS

Smash Cadet
nah screw meta.

I could never make up my mind about who to play in melee ( i literaly switched every time i played, then lurked here for techniques then switched again. so it will take me a while to find a character to play in brawl.

Then again ive always been a DK fan.

How long have i lurked here for?? longer than i can remember, i was just to lazy to make an account and post

MP3- good game but i remember first time i played it took me like 20 minutes to kill the first 3 guys who stole the power core thingy (pointing the wii mote is a novelty that wears off after about 5 minutes of fail aiming)

I dont think i ever got so frustrated at a game until mario kart wii came along...blue shell, lightning, red shell, bullet bill

1st to 10th in 3 seconds. rinse and repeat

I am on holidays this Friday, just in time for some brawl :D i really hope they make some fixes to PAL brawl. All this talk about button delay online makes me worried, my tv by itself already has that

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
nah screw meta.

Then again ive always been a DK fan.
DK is really good in Brawl. His Down B has lot's of range. His tilt game is really good as he has very good range on all his attacks. He can spike and he has that giant punch. Donkey Kong's smash attacks are very strong and have good range. Back aerial is good for approaching and edgeguarding and up aerial is a decent killing move at low percents.

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
welcome crumbs

pretty sure pal brawl is gonna have the same delay problems as ntsc, sorry to disappoint :(

xeno

Smash Ace
Yes, it is. Numbers are bit uncertain but for sure we'll have some tvs, will need systems -_-
ok everyone, hi! I'm hosting a Melee/Brawl/other games meet at my place this Saturday.
Confirmed is Xeno Bjay Stu Joe, awaiting confirmation is Jing/Ebar/Crumbs, Jaz/Kulla are busy, dunno about the rest of you. But if you want to show, please bring whatever you can. I know a few of you have systems, Stu can you PLEASE bring a tv if possible, so we don't end up with 4 systems and 2 tvs, that'd be ********.
So.. yeah! 32-40 Gibbens St, Camperdown NSW 2050 0401564986.
If you can make it please bring whatever you can! I'm about 5 minutes from King St. so there will be plenty of food to find.
Xeno out~

Dedu

Smash Lord
Okies I'll bring a tv as well.

See you this saturday.
Will bring my N64 n stuff too.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
@xeno Meet sounds cool this Saturday. Not sure you know us lol (pretty sure I didn't verse you at SCAB) but 2t and I will probably be attending if that's alright with you.

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Dw Crumbs Online Gaming is for Children anyway.........and People who Have Internets that WORK WITH CONSOLES *CRIES* f oawnvcjuaBHRvihybaglhfbvWLHGV

Top Bottom