• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'll be the Marth...(8)

--

Can Skyworld please be removed from the counterstages for Smash Revolution? I haven't really looked much at the stages I just skimmed through and saw this stage and was all o______o

unreon

Smash Ace
OMG can we please stop the Brawl hate?! It makes me sad because I'm actually looking forward to getting the game on the 27th.

And then not playing it because of "you-know-what".

forky

Smash Apprentice
Put it this way. The amount of people that hate brawl, will be far outmassed by those that love it, about 1 week after release, so yeah.

You can't beat them.

Join us!!!@!

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
umm...seeing as the combined total of people who currently prefer brawl is...at last count...1......

...that ain't gonna happen fork. do you really wanna ally yourself with all the young smashnubs who pick it up and are like "WOOOOOOOOOW, ULTIMATE SPECIAL SMASH BALL, THIS GAME IS DA BESTESTEST!!!!!"

ally yourself with the time-hardened pros. the seasoned veterans of smash. not these new generation nublets.

the pope: hang on a second, jonti. isn't that post gonna alienate all the young brawl-fanboy ghosts on this page right now?

jonti: it sure is, the pope. it suuuuuuure is.

Jaz

Smash Ace
LMAO

i really hope i can come to this revo tourny .__.
gl to the organisers as well.

Xeno, seriously we know ok? everyone knows and people that don't agree with you either aren't EDIT god-like greatness at melee, or like brawl better, and they are out there.
I think melee is better (not god like great at melee!), doesn't mean brawl should be talked down all the time.

don't worry jas, people will play you in brawl in sydney, after this tourny it'll be hard not to find someone to play you.

xeno

Smash Ace
umm...seeing as the combined total of people who currently prefer brawl is...at last count...1......

...that ain't gonna happen fork. do you really wanna ally yourself with all the young smashnubs who pick it up and are like "WOOOOOOOOOW, ULTIMATE SPECIAL SMASH BALL, THIS GAME IS DA BESTESTEST!!!!!"

ally yourself with the time-hardened pros. the seasoned veterans of smash. not these new generation nublets.

the pope: hang on a second, jonti. isn't that post gonna alienate all the young brawl-fanboy ghosts on this page right now?

Yeah, fork letting "what we play" be swayed cuz of yunguns is :urg:
As Zaidou said "I play broal cuz its easier".. plz no don't be a scrub...

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
unfortuneately It's the cold hard Truth. I'd Love to Be Awesome at Melee but until Then BROARL is My only Claim to Fame.

unreon

Smash Ace
Jaz, you ARE a god at Melee :D The Elite Four of Sydney are Simon, Pat, Jaz, and Jaz again. It's so awesome watching your Falcon demolish my Falco. Too bad Team Falco[n] didn't pan out so well HAHAHA

And I'm looking forward to Brawl so I can learn it from scraps, because frankly, I really suck at it lmao. I haven't kept up with new techniques at all or watched any vids =(. All I know is that MetaKnight and Snake are broken?

Anyways, Xeno shut the hell up. We get it. Tom beat you in both Melee and GG so you stink at both.

zing! Oh the **** hit the fan I'm hiding now.

(I jest, Xeno, I jest)

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'll be happy to vs you at Brawl whenever Jason :)

You might say you suck at it now but as soon as you own the game it's different, since you'll know like characters moves, what's good, what's bad, stuff like that. All stuff that'll occur naturally ^_^

Hard to explain but yeah!

Bjay

Smash Lord
i rarely see pat on the boards these days so everytime pat makes a post it makes me smile ^_^

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i rarely see pat on the boards these days so everytime pat makes a post it makes me smile ^_^
hes being sarcastic and yes i am going to brawl thingy, so 2nd place is taken. Unless you all somehow realise that metaknight and snake are the only 2 characters in the game

forky

Smash Apprentice

yeah i met at least some of those new smashnubs at the tourney, they are really cool guys and yeah, look forward to playing with them again

xeno... .............. DOT DOT DOT ...... how do i control what people play.

xeno

Smash Ace
i hope no one's insulting "brawl youngins" for liking the game more (i'm being tounge-in-cheek, i don't think they are bad people!). I do think there is a LEGITIMATE case to say that Melee is the game which requires and rewards more skill.
Lotta people aren't comfortable with mastering the speed and complexity of Melee (which is a shame, I don't think it's impossible to learn and IMMENSELY satisfying when you pull off every technical move in a match and win..), so they play Brawl. This makes sense, also because Brawl is newly marketed, and to many people "new=auto good". I think you can develop a competitive game out of Brawl (EVEN IF IT ONLY INVOLVES ONE OR TWO CHARACTERS. ITS STILL A GAME) -- however it is my personal and public opinion that the potential enjoyment is higher in a highly competitve game of Melee then Brawl. This is precisely because Melee takes more to master.. look up the book "Flow" and you'll see that human brains love mastering challenge. I think a lot of people would try to master Melee, but right now they see 6 years(+?) of mastery in millions of people, it probably looks overwhelming!
As far as the scrub level -- there are probably heaps with Brawl. It's a newly marketed game, it's Nintendo, it's "the next smash bros and it's slowed down and i have a chance to be good at it".. AND it doesn't have 6 years of turning scrubs into pros and wheedling out the noobs from the community. so there will be more noobs in brawl. if there *continue* to be more "noobs" in Brawl in 2.. 3.. years, I'd say we have substantial evidence that Brawl "sucks" a bit.

..and that was me trying to judge this objectively.
subjectively, brawl is not as hype as melee. therefore play melee.

forky

Smash Apprentice
hes being sarcastic and yes i am going to brawl thingy, so 2nd place is taken. Unless you all somehow realise that metaknight and snake are the only 2 characters in the game
Jesus, here i'm NOT being sarcastic. You aren't funny, and your attitude is junk.

Stop acting good when all you do is whine and complain about the game. Stop acting like you are the super isai uncaring of this game. Regardless of your placing, you still suck if your attitude is comparable to a stuck up 10 year old.

Stop devaluing everyone that enjoys the game. I play it, i think it takes quite a bit of skill to play at the level kulla does for instance. YOu don't think so? Cool. GTFO and don't play the game. If you come to my meets, my tournaments, you better start to learn some humility, you dont' act like this irl. Why do it when you have a screen to defend you.

.... and hey xeno

How about this for a final thought. If you don't like brawl, don't come to brawl tournaments. Simple!!!! That way we don't need to hear about your dislike of brawl. It's funny that the people that prefer brawl don't sit on these forums and chat about how terrible melee is. Funny right?

Here's a view for you. Both games are cool. Upcoming tourney is a _BRAWL_ tournament. If you are going to spend the day whinging about the game I enjoy, i for one don't want to see you there. I'd rather play with the new players in the community, those "noobs" and "scrubs" xeno that apparently are below playing you, i'll happily vs them. You know what's even worse xeno? That you are a scrub in this game. You are on the same level as they are. As you said, a new equality for a while.

So don't talk about brawl scrubs harshly. You're one too!

xeno said:
Lotta people aren't comfortable with mastering the speed and complexity of Melee (which is a shame, I don't think it's impossible to learn and IMMENSELY satisfying when you pull off every technical move in a match and win..), so they play Brawl. ...
I play brawl and have a melee technical game. NOONE IN AUSTRALIA COULD PLAY PROPER COMPETITIVE MELEE, WE SUCKED. Compare even CAO to good american players and we shrivel up and die. Don't act as if you played at that level.

Wanna know why i prefer brawl? I PLAYED MELEE FOR FOUR YEARS

unreon

Smash Ace
Wow I wake up and Sydney goes haywire.

If you come to my meets, my tournaments, you better start to learn some humility.
So don't talk about brawl scrubs harshly. You're one too!
NOONE IN AUSTRALIA COULD PLAY PROPER COMPETITIVE MELEE, WE SUCKED. Compare even CAO to good american players and we shrivel up and die. Don't act as if you played at that level.
There must be something about being a fellow Old Boy, but I like it when you post. The man here speaks the truth on all accounts.

This tournament has an element of drama to it...I'm being tempted to watch it play out lol

xeno

Smash Ace
I was actually thinking about going to the Revo Brawl tournament and see if I get to liking the game..
And my point about "scrubs" in Brawl wasn't related to actual player skill levels (mine, yours, or any one new to the smash series) but **potential** skill levels like checkers vs. chess for an extreme example.. checkers is competitive, but not as competitive as chess, simply because the game data you have to handle is not as complicated as chess. Therefore checkers is "more scrubby" then chess. I think that's a fair statement.
as turtle said "you reach your potential in 20 minutes". I *don't* think that's true, but I do think it takes a lot more skill&time invested to become "good" at Melee then Brawl.
Also, think about this.. I've been playing Melee for a while and my first few impressions of Brawl feels slowed down and dumbed down(EDIT: so im not in a hurry to buy a wii and brawl.).. so of course I am going to be critical of it.. if over time the deepness of the game is shown then I'll say it's good, otherwise I think it's a worse game then Melee.
EDIT: In all of this, I am just concerned that the Melee players in Sydney start playing Brawl because it's the latest Smash bros and they feel like since everyone else is going to play they should too; and we end up with a less-competitive scene (because Brawl is less competitive then Melee, technically/depth as far as we can see now).
Last time I played Kulla he said his Melee skills had worsened since Brawl :S

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will most certainly bring in a massive new population of scrubs, but...there is nothing wrong with that at all, more people means a much better development of skills and character diversity. I now sorta see what will happen with Smash now, Brawl will be big, bringing many tournaments and raising smash to a much larger level then Melee ever was in Sydney.

However, this does not mean Melee shall die, I for one think its a too good a game for that to happen and plan to have Melee tourneys in the near future...

I really do think Melee is the better game...but yeah...Brawl can be fun

unreon

Smash Ace
To bring a "wtf" note into this thread -

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH SOME ARSON LIT A FIRE IN ONE OF THE TEST ROOMS AT UNSW. ALL EXAMS IN THAT ROOM ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (probably under police investigation). LMAO the moron sure wasn't prepared for his finals, eh? Hope the ******* gets caught and serves time for this stunt. My exam is in that same room two days from now so I hope - I hope hope hope - that my exam gets cancelled and moved to another day.

*I know its you Pat. Hit Randwick Racecourse for me next!

Top Bottom