• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
after mario party 4 on the gamecube the quality of the games just dropped (prty much coz i hvnt had one after 4)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol Mario Party, I never really enjoyed them after the first one.

No endurance tho. By hour 3 of those falcon 4 ways EA was like "Ohhhh my head".
**** straight, **** was so cash. My head was just screaming "TOOO MUUUCH MAAANLINESSS" after that. We even broke the game by playing so much Falcon. I guarantee there would have been another 4 hours if Shaun and I didn't have massive headaches after the first 4.

I really need to get Mario Kart 64 on my Wii, it's just much better on a GCN controller (like all games lols). Gotta love the mechanic they have going there, being 1st isn't really an advantage unless you're miles and miles and miles ahead.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
more like wario ware, and yeah, mario party whatever, the one on wii, all the games are pretty much shake the wii remote, so whoever is a better ****er wins

S.D

Smash Master
It doesn't matter how bad/good you are at Mario Party, the spastic usually gets lots of pity coins and stars for no good reason at the end anyway, while you, the obvious champion lose all stars and coins simply because you're in front.

I like Mario Party :)

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter how bad/good you are at Mario Party, the spastic usually gets lots of pity coins and stars for no good reason at the end anyway, while you, the obvious champion lose all stars and coins simply because you're in front.

I like Mario Party :)
same logic as mario kart wii....actually, like most mario games

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
:O

I'm beginning to understand why Ricky somehow always wins at Mario Party.

Bets on who would get top 8 in a Mario Party WII tournament?
I won on the 64 one, you douchebag. >.>

And I won because DK is broken. No wonder he was removed in later games.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
im sure all those warning contain <3

but yeah....somebody should host a mario meet, Mario game franchise 4TW

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
how about a mario-athalon!!! like a 6 game mario event!!!

mario party
mario golf
mario tennis
mario kart
mario brothers 3 (who can get the furthest in 5 mins!!!)
mario soccor (lol I just jumped over your goalie, best game imo)

I would host that

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
OMFG Mario Power Tennis. Somebody make that **** happen.

I'm sure FTS remembers my scary Petey Piranha powers. Mwahahahaha.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Says the Snake main.... (yes... BLASPHEMY)

Anyway, Chris is down in Sydney, I can fathom having peeps over from 12-6pm on Sunday for general love.

I'll see interest first though, I can't have too many people over, nor is it worth me getting up in the morning afternoon (from playing smash all night) if people are too busy.

Usual thing though, suppose I have up to 3 tvs able to be set up... so need a 2nd/3rd wii most likely.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
OMFG Mario Power Tennis. Somebody make that **** happen.

I'm sure FTS remembers my scary Petey Piranha powers. Mwahahahaha.
Turtle speaks the truth...petey is so OP

dont u remember that when u didnt play petey i won :p (even when u were petey it was close)

Dedu

Smash Lord
hahaha I wub PETEY...

... NOT.
Never fully played mario tennis it looked a bit kooky for my tastes. </3

Enough about Mario-esque games.

This time... we are going to talk about...
...No - wait.

STAR TREK where are the effin borgs?
Yes.

You heard me gaizzz...
Wanna hang out at George St Cinemas in the city tomorrow from 1pm and see...

STAR TREK?
I'll be there, with spock ears <3

STAR TREK
1pm George St Cinemas
Tomorrow
Be there!

What to bring? Your attitude to sci fi.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
stop going to pizza $lut, you dont even appreciate the goodness of a meaty meat pizza with lots of delicious meat!!!

Dedu

Smash Lord
Too bad Sizzler is in QLD

Side note -
I just came home....
My DVORAK keyboard (I pulled the keys out of the keyboard and swapped em round a while back!) got replaced by the QWERTY Keyboard from my 2nd Computer thanks to my parents!

THEY CAN'T TOUCH TYPE FOR **** and were on MY COMPUTER... WTF were they doing?!?
Checking my history records... they'd better not have!

Dedu

Smash Lord
chuck a sickie and come today!

By the way... 計画通り >_>;
そうはゲイだああ。
やらなかったか?

I LAG

Smash Lord
SHAYA IS HOSTING A MEET TOMORROW BUT ONLY IF ENOUGH PEOPLE COME SO WHO IS INTERESTED?

people willing to attend

shaya
amaterasu
me

Sanc

Smash Cadet
I might be interested in coming along with Keeno, whats the address and what time?

Jaz

Smash Ace
- Melee Tournament -

Planning has begun for a possible melee tournament if enough interest perks up i know its a bit out of the blue but we'll see how this goes. Melee tournament means that they're won't be any brawl played on the day, just clearing that up.

So I've looked at a few venues but nothing is confirmed yet. I figure if i get some numbers going we can, if all else fails, hijack someone's house. Right now I'm trying to gage some Availability from a minimum of 15 people to make this tournament happen.

The time period we're aiming for is towards the end of this month and it WILL be on a weekend.

SO!

what amount of notice does anyone need to say they can come to a melee tournament on a weekend?

e.g two weeks as i have a job
5 hours I'm desperate
only Saturdays as my girlfriend lashes me with leather for the rest of the weekend
Sundays and home by 8pm, my mum said so
a few months my wife is pregnant

all jokes aside let me know and don't ignore this post otherwise the tournament WILL NOT happen :(
the quicker the response... the faster the wheels of progress can turn!

-Jaz

Dedu

Smash Lord
Hear hear!

Brawl Tourney... not!
WHEEEEEEE!
No moar Meta/Rob/Wario Spam!

Venues are a bit tricky to organise yeah.
Especially if they've changed over the years... >_>;

Best to get Venue secured for a set date, then start securing and confirming everyone for that day.
And once you start getting it going, word of mouth will attract more people to the tourney.

I'd recommend Saturdays for the tourney. If the venue costs money to run, then add an extra price hike on the entry fee for the tourney. Or get everyone to donate some money as a fund raiser to cover venue hire costs.

Jaz

Smash Ace
Hear hear!

Brawl Tourney... not!
WHEEEEEEE!
No moar Meta/Rob/Wario Spam!

Venues are a bit tricky to organise yeah.
Especially if they've changed over the years... >_>;

Best to get Venue secured for a set date, then start securing and confirming everyone for that day.
And once you start getting it going, word of mouth will attract more people to the tourney.

I'd recommend Saturdays for the tourney. If the venue costs money to run, then add an extra price hike on the entry fee for the tourney. Or get everyone to donate some money as a fund raiser to cover venue hire costs.

yeah most of the people that will be coming to this tourny should know the deal with extra fee and what not, but if the venue cost is too much than i won't go there.

but it'll come down to the date i can get the most people to come saturday or sunday .__.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah I want to go to another one, this month is too soon though, maybe June-ish or beyond for me

Top Bottom