• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

NG7

Smash Lord
Hahaha Bob. I suck without Laptop Gun.

XENO! Thank you very much for introducing me to pandora. Enjoying it very much now that i'm not capped. :D :D :D

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
Perfect Dark was an awesome game :D

Wish there was another one for the wii or something. Sucks that nintendo lost rare :(

xeno

Smash Ace
"Theres also some decent players up here in Scrubs and NG7." -- meaning NG7 and someone named scrubs?
There was a sequel to the xbox but all reports say it sucked.
sucks that microsoft TOOK rare! Rare (MS)took down the profanity filled, fan insulting trash-talking e-mail column on their website. :/ Rare was an excellent group.
@NG7: Joo welcome. What about the Farsight^^. For the non-perfect dark players, the Farsight X-20 is an alien sniper rifle that can shoot through walls, see through walls, one hit kill and has a autotracking system. So you turn on secdonary fire, hold R and let the gun do the work.. ;D
@forum: pandora.com if you like music!

All the perfect dark spam, one of my flatmates just brought his n64 back from his parents this weekend. I was playing the game about 6 weeks ago but it was a friends' copy so I couldn't bring it with me.

What time is the meet saturday, bjay, what time is the meet sunday, stu (do you prefer dedu?) Stu's posted directions, Bjay how do you get to your place?

Bjay

Smash Lord
You can come from as early as 9-10 AM if you want Xeno.

Catch a train to Bankstown, I'll tell you the rest privately. ;)

I have issues with giving out my personal PERSONAL details publicly >_>

Stu, I have 2 TVs, so it should be alright, though I may have to request that someone bring their Cube, someone definitely will need to bring a copy of Smash and memory card.

ComboTurtle - Make sure you see your girlfriend dude this weekend! :p

K I have about 4-6 people confirmed, 3 for all day so far, and the others for different parts of the day, sweet as.

I possibly might be able to provide random pizza :p If not, >.<!!!!!

I'll see what I can do.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Niiice! [Not Noooiiccce!]

Scrubs is a badass Peach player. I'd say he's second to Caotic. I've versed him heaps at Comrades and when I was at Tassie but still cannot get around his Peach madness! Best match was being 2 stocked.

M$ took Rare (the second best dev for Nintendo, best being Nintendo themselves.) and Rare reacted by breaking their group to a few non talented people and the rest made a new studio. Don't know what it's called.

Xeno - that sniper sounds like...
uhhhh...
BROKEN!!!!!! OMFG All ur bases r belong to us!
BTW Dedu/Stu is fine. Just don't call me Stewie or Ded.

CAOTIC - WTF. You drive heaps but don't have license? LAWL how do u get around police?

NG7

Smash Lord
Hehe, it's faster if you look at your opponent's position first on the radar, then turn to face them manually. Farsight on track mode takes aaaaaaaages to find people.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
zzzzzzzz uni haha. ill try and attend one or the other. would be a lot easier with a lift *coughpatorsimoncough* haha dont worry, when i get my license ill drive u guys around a fair bit, god knows i owe ya :p

perfect dark - was awesome. elvis ftw!

also, a random question to anyone who reads this thread. did anyone play sonic 3d blast on mega drive? and, more importantly, did anyone other than me accidentally get to a level select screen by kicking the mega drive really hard? and then try to repeat this process a few times? hahaahaha.

@ pokemon - there are too many now. how many are they up to? like 17 trillion?

@ rare - IMO on par with nintendo. diddy kong racing, banjo kazooie, classic donkey kong....conkers bad fur day? GOLDENEYE? perfect dark?

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
i need to stop neglecting you guyz =D

bad news - vids still aren't finished (i know, i know)
good news - we can now capture vids direct at 60 hz at GC quality =D turns out the newest drivers for our capture card support it so wewt

also, tournament is almost( but not yet) confirmed for sunday may 27, so keep your diaries free plz!

Bjay

Smash Lord
zzzzzzzz uni haha. ill try and attend one or the other. would be a lot easier with a lift *coughpatorsimoncough* haha dont worry, when i get my license ill drive u guys around a fair bit, god knows i owe ya :p

Psh remember what I had to 'suffer' when I had to go to your place? ;)

Maybe you should do the same, Mr. Fonti :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yeah Cops r nice!

Public transport is a pain sometimes. But, it can be useful in certain situations. In my case, bus+train+walking FTW to get to work, beats peak hour traffic any time.

Good work Brinton! Get the vids finished! New Graphics card work better for 60Hz recording than old card? W00t! We can now get better quality vids next tourney!

[Rare Spam]
Lol @ Conker's Bad Fur Day! That was one funny game. Some of the scenes made me crack up soo hard even though I played like 20mins into the game. Got stumped somewhere + on computer is not a good combination.

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie's pretty good game! Played the first one and 100% finished it. But nowhere finished in Tooie. F**king long game and am still playing it on my computer when I feel like it...

Oh if anyone ever beat that TT clock in every lap in DKR then they're okay on my level. TT >>>>> Wizpig final lap.
[/Rare Spam]

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Best Game Ever on the 64 is something that I think we can all agree on:

Goldeneye.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Lylat Wars FTW. Am getting it off the virtual console - that game was mega Fun!! Played it on computer but nothing beats analog control!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Best Game Ever on the 64 is something that I think we can all agree on:

Goldeneye.
i played goldeneye the other day... it was so bad it made me wanna puke, i seem to hate all fps for some reason other than halo and halo 2

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Ahhhh Lylat Wars was good, but for the sheer 'friends coming over and just playing' factor Goldeneye wins in my part. And yeah Combo...it is reaaaaaly slow in comparison to the Halo's, and have you ever played Half Life? Now that is an awesome fps (Though I do gotta say I did spend 2 years playing Halo 2 on live so it would probably be my favourite shooter).

Dedu

Smash Lord
[not spam or N64 related stuff]
CAOTIC - Bob and Co are coming to Sydney between Wed to Friday, the week before the tourney. What days you coming up to Sydney with Ken?

DJ Cat - I will let you know if I'm confirmed to go with you guys down to melbourne by the end of this week (I will send you an email.)

[now spam stuff]
Kulla - you must be good at FPS in general! What was ur first FPS game?

[/over and out]

xeno

Smash Ace
[perfect dark]

I've heard Half Life is fast/interesting, I read a weapons guide on it and it looked cool. Gravity gun FTW!

I personally like Perfect Dark > Goldeneye because of atmosphere, gameplay (the way you shoot, aim, move, weapon functions) and YES it is different from Goldeneye!

I think Halo 2 online is.. slow and awkward. :/. Tight FOV, awkward mechanics IMO.. ok, so what do I think is a good shooter? Best shooters IMO: Unreal Tournament 2004 (UT3 is underway! Rejoice!), Perfect Dark, Forsaken 64 and Metal Gear Online (MGS3:persistence), which has been taken down for wierd ideological reasons (RIP!).

Well, and Ikaruga. Though its not competitive. ;)

I like really fast games.. I play Perfect Dark with fast movement speed on :0. I should convince my American friends to move to Australia and bring Forsaken.. :0.

If anyone plays Perfect Dark or Forsaken or Ikaruga (or knows how to mod a Wii to play NTSC games..) CONTACT ME!

[smash]

Bjay, I'll meet you at Bankstown station at 10:00.
Looking forward to vsing all who are there^.

Stu, you're hosting a meet Sunday?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Xeno - yup I'm still hosting a meet. El Sid is interested in coming and so is Bjay...

Who else is interested?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Xeno - from 10am onwards.

Since y'all speaking about games, in particular FPS. Which FPS game do u find is very good for computer gaming and why?

Bjay

Smash Lord
*just had an idea*

Since Dedu and Xeno are arriving at the same time...how about Dedu meet up with Xeno? :p Unless Dedu is driving :o

xeno

Smash Ace
Unreal Tournament 2004 *was* before there stopped being as many servers.
I strongly encourage / suggest everyone plays UT3 when it comes out.
The game is lightning quick -- counterstrike please, halo please.
its got overpowered weapons, no recoil, no reloading, and you can dodge, double jump, wall flip.. a dodge is flying over 2 meters in a direction in less then half a second..
I actually don't mind Counter-Strike but I dont enjoy the combat very much -- there's very few mechanics and the game is about mastering a few mechanics. (aiming, how to rush, how to defend, sniping, shooting with recoil.) Not a bad game, but not complicated / fast enough for my tastes. Though I DO like the no round respawn -- fits nicely.

Plus UT has extensive mouse control customization: minimum acceleration, smoothing strength, sensitivity..

I dunno, I'm sure some won't like it but I bet it would just be because it's too fast for them ;).
PLUS you can AUTO-trashtalk people when you kill them thanks to the ingame taunt system!

xeno

Smash Ace
I admitedly have not played much of the WWII fps games for PC. I did play Battlefield 2040 (?) and hated it, WAY too slow for me. I've never played BF2 or Call of Duty or Medal of Honor (MoH on dialup at a friends.. ha) on PC. MoH on console is decent fun though.

Sanc

Smash Cadet
Dedu I'll probably come, and Keeno may as well if he manages to finish his assignment by then :D

Sorry Bjay, I can't come this saturday... coincidentally on the topic of FPS.. I'm going Paintball-ing on that day XD

Jaz

Smash Ace
fellas fellas we are forgetting majora's mask are not?
golden eye was the bomb as was goldeneye and DKR still the only racing game i enjoy, but majora;s mask was my fav one player

fellas start discusiing Comrades, i have just booked my flights from thursday 7th till monday 11th
flights are as cheap as they'll ever be, so plan while you can

i want everyone to state if they are or are not going to comrades... so i and cao know ^_^ cao probably already knows that organised *******... oh i posted thedvd today ^_^ cao!!!!! are you proud?

that is all

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'M SO PROUD OF YOU JAZZYWAZZY! Actually I don't know all from NSW that is going to Comrades yet!

If Dedu's right about bob and co, they'll be in Sydney from 30 May - 1 June! Yeppers we should be able to make that, now I gotta tell Zander to see if he can fly to Australia earlier and push his exams back. That way we can have 2 yankees, so they won't feel so alone and uncuted.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Xeno, El Sid didnt' come to S3 :(

Also, lol at your triple post, I'm surprised a MOD didn't warn you or tell you off ;P

Sanc Paintball > Smash hehe. Since it doesn't come often.

nesis

Smash Cadet
Two meets this weekend? Am I in heaven? =D

... Evidently not, because I need to get a substantial amount of uni work done over the weekend, and Friday and Monday are pretty much already taken up @_@ As such, I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend both meets.

For me, Sunday is less viable because I have church around 7pm (a weak impediment, but I'd like to stay at the meet for longer than that time restriction would allow) and because I tend to meet with my gf on Sundays, since Sunday and Friday are the only days of the week we're both free enough to see each other work- and uni-wise.

@,@ Sorry, Dedu. I'm pretty sure I'll only be able to make Bjay's meet on Saturday. However, if I manage to (somehow) get most of my work done before Sunday, the chances of me making your meet are pretty good :D

There is quite a bit of time-consuming work, though @,@

Dedu

Smash Lord
Xeno - I've only played UT 2000. Got it from a friend and could not put it down for a long time ever since i started playing it. That game is made of WIN! PS I also liked the auto ingame taunt system offered by UT.

Its very rare that I ever get hooked on a PC game as most of them are crap or have nothing new to interest me.

Oh and the post count thingy u mentioned, its really 303 posts not 103. Look under my avatar u'll see "Real Post count: 200+ something"

JAZZYWAZZY - Count me as confirmed for Comrades. Tho I'm not sure if I'm going by plane or car with Bob and Co. (I prefer the latter - something different) Speaking of Majora's Mask, theres some local kids who are playing my game atm and they're like stuck in clock town XD. Looks like videogames r made too easy these days... Spongebob squarepants anyone?

El Sid - Xeno's also a sheik player. So Fox + Sheik is double pwnage for Ganondorf. Speaking of Ganon vs Sheik, I went all sheik against Kulla @ S3 knowing he has hard times against a basic sheik player, but he managed to get around me T_T

Sanc - I've never done Paintball at all in my life. Maybe I should have a paintball game for my 21st Party! Good luck with ur game! Hope u don't get bruises!

Bjay - I wonder who the only mod around here is? Wak or Nihonjin?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Holy crap, its only been a few days and you've done over 3 pages of spam. :dizzy:

@ComboTurtle/DKR: We shall have to race.
Stew (LOL!): Yeah I unlocked T.T
And Scrubber and Toai (NG7) showed me a technique called, the mash, where you Mash A instead of holding it, and it makes you go faster.
Unconfirmed, BUT potential advanced tactic.

@Perfect Dark/Goldenye: I prefer Goldenye I really do.
But i'll happilly play either game against anyone!
Check out this site to see the new levels, updated graphics and everything else that is the future of Goldeneye. http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/

ON TOPIC:
Umm, i didn't plan on comiing down the week before Comrades, but rather on say the Wednesday or so before Comrades...like 3 or 4 days before the tourny, to arrive in Melbourne 1/2 days before the tourny.
Discuss more, we must.

Dedu

Smash Lord
[Gruntilda Mode]
Discuss moore, we muuust.
Else we will go bust!
[/For those who have played B.K]

Ooh I'd like to try the 'mashing technique' but haven't got DKR home anymore. And grrrr at u for calling me Stew.

Top Bottom