• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
There's no way I'm going to be in Sydney 1-2 days before the tournament. That's too irresponsible, lol.

no.13

Smash Cadet
hey cao sign me up for comrades (can i say so from here or do i need to post on your thread??).
ive managed to get 3 days leave from work though from the sounds of you guys it looks like im gonna need more time than that.. hmmmm.. i dont even know where to start. ive never been before

btw

ocarina > majora

ddkr > mk64
(im in the t.t club too!)

goldeneye > perfect dark
(oddjob anyone?? if only he could chuck his hat hahahahah)

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Holy crap, its only been a few days and you've done over 3 pages of spam. :dizzy:

@ComboTurtle/DKR: We shall have to race.
Stew (LOL!): Yeah I unlocked T.T
And Scrubber and Toai (NG7) showed me a technique called, the mash, where you Mash A instead of holding it, and it makes you go faster.
Unconfirmed, BUT potential advanced tactic.

@Perfect Dark/Goldenye: I prefer Goldenye I really do.
But i'll happilly play either game against anyone!
Check out this site to see the new levels, updated graphics and everything else that is the future of Goldeneye. http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/

ON TOPIC:
Umm, i didn't plan on comiing down the week before Comrades, but rather on say the Wednesday or so before Comrades...like 3 or 4 days before the tourny, to arrive in Melbourne 1/2 days before the tourny.
Discuss more, we must.
if ur talking about dkr with the mashing a, yeah it does make u go faster so do barrel rolls, in the plane if u can do two or more on a straight.

and MK64 >>>> DKR

Dedu

Smash Lord
Hmm...

OMIGOD! My Pokemon Pearl arrived in the mail today but I'm at work. T_T At least I have a good weekend to look forward to with Pearl and the meet @ Bjays and at my place.

ComboTurtle - have you managed to do heaps of barrel rolls in Spaceport Alpha (DKR Space Land *I think*) the rockets hit you everywhere in the room full of obstacles and if you get hit by one in the whole race you're pretty much screwed if ur after time trial records. Honestly that has to be the second hardest course apart from Crescent Island/Frosty Village...

No.13 - your comment about Ocarina >>> Majora is true. The local kids are now asking me if they can 'borrow' my Ocarina game coz they've just about nearly given up on Majora and want to play the Ocarina...

xeno

Smash Ace
Also, lol at your triple post, I'm surprised a MOD didn't warn you or tell you off ;P
El Sid: You haven't seen me play Fox I wouldn't assume I'm better then you.

COMRADES: Is "SephriothKen" Ken? As in the one who's name is used in reference to Bombsoldier, Azen, Isai?

Guys.. trains are probably going to be MUCH cheaper. It's like an hour and a half train ride..

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hooray Stu! You'll be playing Pokemon before me =P Nahhh enjoy it ;) You'll need a headstart xD Plus I guess it kills time if you don't like watching matches =P

Dedu

Smash Lord
LOL

Xeno - FYI The Ken you mentioned is really "SephirothKen" aka best Marth user in smash. U seen his vids? They're just ****.

Speaking of 2moz, what train station are you leaving from to go to Bjay's? We could meet up somewhere on the way and go to Bankstown together.

Bjay - sure I'll need the headstart XD

xeno

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's the Ken I was referring to. I KNOW how good he is! Newtown station. Strathfield, Lidcombe, Regents park are on the way -- I do not know if the train will be stopping at all of them though.
Take the Bankstown Line train (CityRail)
Dep: 9:07am Newtown Station Platform 2
Arr: 9:49am Bankstown Station Platform 1
[/quote

I'm going to Comrades. Taking a train though, not flying.

@Bjay: Me and Stu are reaching Bankstown station at 10am. Are you meeting us there?

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
hahaha bjay, werent u in the junction anyway getting ur hair cut or something? and its not that i have a problem catching public transport, its just that i have a free house, and i really wanna make use of it as much as i can this weekend.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Xeno - I'm confused. The best way to bankstown is via Central station not Newtown station. WE can meet up at central or somewhere and go from there. That ok with you?

*EDIT* We'll be walking to Bjay's. It's not far and I know the way there. So we'll need to go together 2morrow.

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol Fonti, no I just got my haircut at the same day as your meet :p Not at the junction anyway >.>

As for your excuse, lol it's totally fine, just glad you're honest xD Nothing beats the lamest excuse other than mine where I'm just "too lazy" xD

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
Wow, so much organising to go places!

Okay, unless people whine and ***** at me S3 no. 2 will be Sunday May 27.

Dedu

Smash Lord
XENO -
Incase you didn't read my message on msn so I'll post it here -
someone else is interested in coming [ComboTurtle]
Stuart says:
as well
Stuart says:
and he also doesn't know how to get to bankstown [no offense to you mate]
Stuart says:
so would you instead meet at central station at 9am on saturday?
Stuart says:
in that case
Stuart says:
meet us at 9am at the hungry jacks AT central station

Here is my mobile Phone number - 0425 834 180. If you have any problems meeting up, text me.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I look forward to seeing different shoutouts for different people by the end of the day. ;)

nesis

Smash Cadet
Aw, crud <_> I slept in pretty majorly after clubbing till late last night. Sorry, Bjay, I don't think I'll be able to make your meet today since I just woke up O_o

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
Thanks to BJay for the smash day. Once again.... zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz.... sleep is good.... Thanks to al the people that wanted to vs.... ... ... zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Bjay

Smash Lord
No problem Salad xD Happy to do it again, as long as I plan ahead, today's/tonight's event of family coming at the last minute shouldn't happen like that >_>

Shoutouts:

Nesis/Fonti: - That's okay you guys didn't come, always next time, come to Kulla's biweekly ;)

Chicken Salad - We finally had our destined match...but WE ONLY HAD 2!!!!!!!!111one both one win a piece too :p Great matches! LOL, we had hilarious Mario Power Tennis matches, especially our strange team combinations :p

No. 13 - lol, our Luigi dittos have diminished, it's just Mario Vs Luigi :( but nonetheless fun, plus we still have our Peach dittos! Cheers for getting a later shift at work :p

Xeno - lol you pizza lover :p Cheers for showing why Mewtwo really sucks now :p (If you're a good Mewtwo player, it isn't directed towards anyone that is) ggs! Mario Kart Tennis was fun with ya xD

Dedu - OMGGZZ you beat my Peach today xD Not the first time :p But good to see you and ComboTurtle got a piece in there ;) Fun matches, especially Mario Kart DD/DS and Mario tennis too! haha that was fun.

ComboTurtle - Nice job, see you improved like you wanted ;) Thanks for coming man, you live so far, that's dedication, plus you beat my Peach 3 times in a row, 'sif it isn't worth it. What's your next goal in life? Anyway wd again, keep it in mind, if you start to lose grip and just can't focus on our matches :p

Patrick - lol Patrick, admit it, PEACH > FOX :p hehe, thanks for coming today dude, always a pleasure to play, thanks for playing Mario Kart DS with me ;D (Stu needs to unlock more cars :p)

Funky - Simon, Simon, Simon, you're a busy man, cheers for the deliverage of Pokemon, my cousin chose Pearl right away, so that leaves Diamond for me :D Anyway she says thanks :D Shame we didn't get to have much matches, not cause of my headache, but cause you came later :p But hey, that's life for ya, next time aight bro ;D LOL@u freaking out at my beanbag :p

Kulla - !!!!! Simon LOL. Better late than never :D Bankstown is a drag to get to, least you know the way now dude. :D We didn't have many matches either, glad to have some good ones down, haha I can't believe you had one match with Stu where time ran out and you should have won, and died on sudden death, and one with me, and you died with only 40 seconds left to go, long matches T_T I look forward to coming to your biweekly, if I'm not unwell :D

Bjay - OOH I get a shoutout yay! Nah, this is just something I wanna say to all you guys, mann I had put a week's notice, pfft my uncle and aunties for ringing at like, saturday morning and telling my dad >.> lol he was annoyed so he went out :p Anywho, glad to see (those who ate it) enjoyed pizza, especially those who like Cold pizza, lazy style <3 Anyway I'm glad to play y'all, you're all welcome, as long as I can plan ahead lol. I enjoy the matches against you all, despite my headache, half an hour into the day, I seriously didn't feel like playing much...but hey! I fought against it and played quite a bit, but not enough, but glad to!

Dedu

Smash Lord
Shoutouts for meets? I'd hold it for tournaments. XD There were some fun matches to be had. One in particular was CRAZY! It was vs Kulla. He was Peach vs my Marth. We start the match with moves that bring each other down to one stock in 8mins. Then we got up to like 150% each, trying really hard to avoid each other's moves, knowing full well that both characters can kill each other off with a well placed aerial. So we spent like nearly two whole mins evading each other. Finally, the timer reaches the last ten seconds and I started stalling the match in hopes of the GC crowing me the winner of the match. Kulla was well into the 180% and I was like 150%. Then he rushes in, seeing my stall tactic and I evade him again. Then he naired me after finally Dsmashing me in the last 2 seconds. I thought I was gone. Then the funniest thing ever happened - we ended up having exactly the same % and went to sudden death mode due to the timer running out. Kulla was stunned by this, thinking he actually won the match but I faired him to his death in the SD. That made me the winner of the match! Two Peaches down, two more to go!

By the way, I still am hosting for tomorrow, starting from 10am onwards till 6pm. Can someone who is interested in coming tomorrow please provide a copy of smash as I need another copy.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
bjay u rule, thanks for the meet was fun! <3 u all and now that i have completed one of my life goals i need a new one... any suggestions?

Also thanks to stu for helping me get to bankstown and showing me where to buy peaches etc etc cheers mate.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Lol. Combo - the only time I can say we've beaten sydney Peaches is in tournaments XD.

For those who are coming to my meet today, my address is 73 Hale Rd Mosman Sydney 2088.

nesis

Smash Cadet
<_> There turns out to be a lot more stuff taking up my time than I anticipated this weekend. Most of yesterday and this morning was spent sleeping (since I'd not been able to get more than 3-4 hour blocks during the week), so I'm still left with that workload I mentioned >_O

~_~ Anyways, I've gotta get to work.

Jaz

Smash Ace
Bjay i'm sorry i couldn't get to your meet, i'm very glad that people are hosting on the weekends and friday night when kulla isn't very good work fellas ^_^

Stu i'm sorry about not being able to come today.... moving takes longer than a day apparantly

zaccy a peach? no way! you're not allowed to use marth and peach AND fox
you're more of a tier ***** than Em now lmao.

i've moved in now, i have broadband and i'm dling msn as we speak, hope the meet is going well ^_^
sad news pat, you won't be able to pick me up from matto anymore, as i do not live there T-T

Nesis, you try so hard >.< one day my friend you'll be free

xeno

Smash Ace
I beat joo doc Pat, one stock to two nonetheless!
I just got up -- is the meet still on?

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
aww jaz...that sucks lol

but where do you live now? cause if its still closish i can still pick u up bruva

Jaz

Smash Ace
remember the place i had that meet at, and we had too many tvs, where cao and sam stayed at

i live there now :p

btw, Xeno, you must feel left out without a banner, I'll rig one up for ya, just tell me what character and what colour you'd like, keep in mind I've made a few and some of the colour character combinations might be taken, the only fox banner has a blue colour

get back to me with a request I'll do my best

Mozilla FireFox ftw, it is spell checking my posts rofl
not that I'm paying attention

xeno

Smash Ace
Sanc: ell, I got owned the first match on Sunday, and then you left! =P
Good games Dedu/El Sid! I think I got shinespiking down (again) by the end, Dedu your Peach CC-Downsmash was wicked.
El Sid, I think a faster character would do you good.. you put up quite a fight with Gannondorf!
Oh yeah, and the pizza was great (And saturday too, Bjay).
See everyone Friday.

Jaz: A Fox banner? Pick my own COLOR? Sweet.. I can't decide yet. I'll get back to you.

Edit: Is that.. the sandbag Nesis?

Sanc

Smash Cadet
heh yeah Xeno I left early D: I wish i had gotten a few more games with you though... D:

Can't wait till this friday! who else is coming? And also... Do you need an extra copy of smash/cube?

and also Kulla said something about having it go till late... any details on that so far?

nesis

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's the Sandbag =P I figured I'd ask Jaz to use a silhouette of him for me since people already had Marth and Kirby in their sigs.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yep I'm coming Sanc! I hear it goes till 2 am? :o

Hehe I hope to vs you in some matches ^_^

xeno

Smash Ace
I have a copy of NTSC Smash.. think I have a memory card with me too. My cube is in America though haha. I didnt think regional things would be a problem, oops. Anyways, if someone has a modded / imported hardware and is dying to play NTSC so you can own even more with fox, marth and sheik, tell me and I'll bring it^^

Dedu

Smash Lord
Xeno - bring ur NTSC smash. I've always wanted to try out Sheik's and Fox's ownage. He he.

How can u own more with Marth in NTSC?

+ I also agree with El Sid about ur Fox! Gimp kills FTW!

Top Bottom