• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
That's good to hear!

Who went? :o

Ee, wet socks! I would have FREAKED! LOL!

Go on all night, or a saturday, mm sounds good :o

lol I'm so annoyed, cause I'm actually free this Friday -.-

Dedu

Smash Lord
People who went -
- Jaz
- Berimbau
- Funky
- Sanc
- Keeno
- Glue
- Adam

Thanks guys for a good time today. Looks like I'm getting better and better at Peach matches even though I lost more than 90% of the battles. And I managed to hold my own well vs Jaz's Falcon. Not sure if I lost to him?

EDIT: For those interested in coming around my place this sunday, my address is 73 Hale Rd Mosman.

xeno

Smash Ace
Xeno says:
whens the next smash tournament.. is it this sunday or the next one?
Xeno says:
next on eright?
- Bjay - | CHA! Ja Matane! | ;;1115 | Great, a swollen eye again x.o says:
lol the next tournament is next month dude (may 27th)
- Bjay - | CHA! Ja Matane! | ;;1115 | Great, a swollen eye again x.o says:
hold your horses xD
Xeno says:
wtf
Xeno says:
I can't wait that long to play smash!
I'll be there Stu. What's the closest train station though? IE how do I find your place, and what time?

Have controller, will Smash.

xeno

Smash Ace
Meanwhile, tomorrow? I'll travel hours to play smash, seriously. Host a meet! Someone!
I might be able to host tomorrow or later.. not sure. Got 1 tv, one wii though. Live in Camperdown, minutes from newtown station.
I'm going nuts! PLEASE HOST!

Bjay

Smash Lord
Well...I could always host... :roll:
Since it's at the last minute though, it'd be pretty unorganised, I can hold a few people. But like, yer, just to stop your cravings LOL.

Dedu

Smash Lord
I'll be there Stu. What's the closest train station though? IE how do I find your place, and what time?
There is no 'closest train station' to mosman XD. The best you can do is:
- Catch a train to Wynyard Station and then go to the bus stop at Carlington St(?) and go to Stand A (Mosman/Cremorne Buses). From there, catch any bus numbered (243, 244, 246, 247, 249) Then you get off at the second stop at Mosman (the stop with the demolished area surrounded by a closed off fence and a Midas Repair Station next to it) and walk down Hale Rd to the bottom of the hill till you see no 73 (only house in the street with a Jackaranda Tree in front of it).

- Or Catch a train to North Sydney (en route will have to change to Platform 4 at Wynyard or Platform 3 at Town Hall. Trains are very confusing lol) and then wait for me to pick u up at the station entrance.

BTW, LOL'd at ur msn convo with Bjay. Next tourney is next month. But never fear! We always host meets (at Kulla's place) or at someone elses on the weekend.

xeno

Smash Ace
If Bjay complains about his eye, just remind him of this smash bros fact:
Fox shot out falcons eye at the end of the first smash bros, and he made it to the next one! you can do it. I'll definitely be there sunday^^ prob around 12 I'd guess, gotta get enough sleep =D

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
pat and simon were there too stu :p cant just forget em.

and adam is a friend of mine - he has potential, but hes a stubborn nublet. he insists on forwards smashing with ganondorf as an edgeguard. why?

adam: "its only my second time playing him, i cant jump out yet."

me: "how do you think you learn? by doing the wrong thing and failing, or by practising the right thing and failing?"

adam: "shut up"

lolllllllll. hes a downsmash spamming, no-idea-how-to-shuffl-or-wavedash peach / jigglypuff main.

oh, and he insists on using up+b with jiggs.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Or you could teach him a few things by showing how Ganon 'should' be played. XD Oh and BTW Peach doesn't really require you to WD or SHFFL that much as she often float cancels and dash attacks/dash dances instead of WD. Or just floating across the stage.

Sanc/Keen - If you're interested in coming to my place 2moz, post here so I know you guys can come.

Sanc

Smash Cadet
Sorry Dedu dont think we'll be able to make it... Lots of Uni work has suddenly come to Keeno's attention so hes MIA at the moment D:

Bjay

Smash Lord
Ooh I see,

So who's going so far to Stu's? ;D

I'm still **** unsure, my eye is all puffy now x.o

xeno

Smash Ace
Hey Stu and everyone.. very sorry but I will not be able to make it today -- its 7am and I'm just about to fall asleep.. have not been sleeping well lately. sorry!! :/ hope to see you all soon.

no.13

Smash Cadet
hmm. i know its abit late but im interested in going. sorry stu , been pretty caught up with work the past couple of days. can bring a wii and one controller

cool meet at kulla's on friday. had plenty of good games.

jaz i think i put a dent into ur capt falcon whoa!

Dedu

Smash Lord
That's ok Mic.

Yeah it is a bit late lol. *Meet called off*
I'm going to host for next sunday - hopefully people won't be as busy. Let me know if you can come!

no.13

Smash Cadet
probly best to call off then stu. it would be a bit quiet in the room just us two...

till next time

Bjay

Smash Lord
Meet on Sunday? Nice.

Hmm, if anyone wants, I can host a meet this Saturday?

If I plan ahead starting now, well 2 TVs should be able to be used, so I can hold about 7 people roughly?

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm awesome Bjay, I got work until 4 or 5, so I might turn up if its not too late...

Update on the next bi-weekly (not this friday but the one after), is that it will be a late nighter and I'm having two new special guests come up from woolongong, Jaz you have met one of them before, and no, its not Z.

But yeah if your interested make a post, and by the looks of last friday, the number of people showing up has well overwhelmed the amount of TV's I have, so if you can bring a cube, copy of smash, or a TV let me know. Right now I'm looking at getting two people to bring a TV and most probably around 3 or 4 copies of smash, but yeah, we have plenty of time to organise that,

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hmmm awesome Bjay, I got work until 4 or 5, so I might turn up if its not too late...

Update on the next bi-weekly (not this friday but the one after), is that it will be a late nighter and I'm having two new special guests come up from woolongong, Jaz you have met one of them before, and no, its not Z.

But yeah if your interested make a post, and by the looks of last friday, the number of people showing up has well overwhelmed the amount of TV's I have, so if you can bring a cube, copy of smash, or a TV let me know. Right now I'm looking at getting two people to bring a TV and most probably around 3 or 4 copies of smash, but yeah, we have plenty of time to organise that,
Next Friday? Awesome.

Wait, if it's a late nighter, does that mean we can crash over? :o
So far, I'm confirmed, unless I'm working -.- Hopefully not "/ I hope it's between Monday to Wednesday, cause I'm busy Thursday too! lol.

Anywho, if I come, I'll be able to bring a copy of smash and memory card. :)

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord

tell the special guests from wollongong to play smash with me.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yeah it's totally fine Kulla, stay until as long as you please =P
Same goes for anyone that's interested in coming, and is also going to Dedu's meet.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Right on the first guess Jaz! And Combo Turtle I'll give him your msn...If i have yours which i think i do...

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Just RE-posting this in case people forgot/didn't see it through the hazy mist of spam.

"People!

I am looking for somone from Sydney/NSW to join me in an epic Super Happy Fun Super Cute Extra Sweet Awesome Journey to Melbourne for Comrades 2.

I'm gussing I'll pop on down around about te Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (I have conflicting reports on whether the tounry is on the Saturday or Sunday.
Hopefully I will have Queenslanders/Kiwi/s with me.

IF you have a drivers lisence and for a maual that would be the sweetest thing.
If not, oh well.

And its $50 one way.
For now I can only take 1 NSW person, but more seats may open up if QLDers cancel.

Lastly, I will probably not be heading back up to QLD/NSW untilat least a week after the tourny because i'm popping on down to Tassie.
So either join me, bum around in Melbourne, or fly back.
Just joining me on the journey down would be good, good."

So, yeah i'm still up for anyone to join me, contact me by email (djcat64@gmail.com)or phone (email me to get it :) )
Bring your music,or whatver, would be fun.
Only 1 good long day will get Sydney to Melbourne.
I hope.... :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
Nooiiicccceee! [From QLD thread title]
The hazy mists of spam does drive me crazy as well!

I am definitely interested as I do drive a manual and have had my red Ps for a while. But what I haven't got is the driving experience for a long trip. Mainly because I never got a chance to do so. If I can make it with you guys on this trip I'll do my best to contribute.

The tournament is on the sunday me thinks...

Its one of those days when I just don't feel like adding anything to this thread - as much as I enjoy lurking more than adding anything to these threads XD. But meh. If you're still interested in coming around this sunday, buzz me on msn or post here.

[spam related]
Oh BTW, Has anybody gotten or is ordering their Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Game yet? I've ordered Pearl and am now waiting for it to arrive! Should arrive by the end of this week.
[/spam related]

Bjay

Smash Lord
k Stu I'm so far up as "confirm" unless something suddenly comes up. :roll:

Would you be interested on attending Saturday's meet at mine? ;) Can play till whenever lol.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yes I'm still interested in coming round to ur place. What time it starts?

As for 'confirmation' I'll let you know by the end of tomorrow.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Anytime, till anytime!

that reminds me, i wanna watch the singles videos :p especially jaz vs phil

no.13

Smash Cadet
a saturday meet? very nooiiceee. lol. im coming, i'll either be early or late though cos of work.

stu - i wont be able to make the sunday meet cos its chicken salad's 21st.

Bjay

Smash Lord
K So far

K so far I have about 5 people interested, awesome!

Mic, give my best wishes to Chicken Salad :D

No matter if you're early or late, just give me a heads up to the closer date ;)

xeno

Smash Ace
Saturday - Bjay's
Sunday - Stu's?
Sounds awesome. I'm switching to Fox too..

[spam]
Has anyone played Perfect Dark?
[/spam]

Dedu

Smash Lord
Perfect dark? O_o

I've played Perfect Dark for a while. What about it?

Sunday is Stu's place for sure. My folks are going out that day so would be perfect for a meet.
Bjay - I'm confirmed to come and will get there about 10ish. If I get my Pokemon Pearl game by then I'll bring it with me. BTW how many tvs u got?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i ordered my pokemon diamondl... if my girlfriend doesnt come and visit me this weekend i will attend both sat and sunday meets... or maybe just one idk xD

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
@Stu: Sounds awesome.
Don't worry about lack of experience on long trips, it'd probably just be for an hour or 2 to give me a break.
And, from my assumptions, you would be a good city driver.
you can get us out of Sydney AND into Melbourne then. ;)

@Perfect Dark: N64 version you are talking about?
Yes, i still play it every now and then, its awesome.
Theres also some decent players up here in Scrubs and NG7.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LOL sydney roads
btw, i have plenty of experience with long distance driving but i dont have a licence (whoops! ill get one soon)

what days are bob and co. going to be in sydney because ken and i can try and come up when you guys are there and do stuff? if i have time that is - thinking the zoo, all the stuff i saw before, and more japanese food

also, if we can figure this out early, niven just might fly directly into sydney and go back to melbourne with me for comrades. i got several job interviews in sydney and melbourne too so hopefully this trip can knock some down

Jaz

Smash Ace
aaah, i'm out for both meets fellas, we got lots and lots of work due next week, i'm a busy maing, so sorry, enjoy the meets for me
Cao i sent you a pm regarding the dvd...

Top Bottom