• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Jaz

Smash Ace
Calm down zaccy boy, you'll get your vids, the program has a 60hrz bug in it that made it repeat the screen so Brinton has to change a few things, but i look forward to seeing the vids aswell ^_^

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
Unless you recorded them with a video camera, it wont work.
LOLZ, stupidest thing I ever heard.

Anyway, I haven't finished editing all the videos so in the meantime you can download them at http://egg.org.au/upload/videos/. Unfortunately YouTube doesn't accept videos longer than 10 minutes so I'll get a YouTube-like interface put up for poeple with slower connections. Oh, and there's no sound since we didn't have a sound-splitting cable there.

6 down, 13 more to go XD.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Why is that the stupidest thing you ever heard? Unless its recorded through a camera it wont work. ACtually youtube does accept vids longer than 10 mins, you have to put yourself as a director for it to work. It's in the settings somewere.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
[sarcasm]

ummm brinton, how about you stop everything youre doing and focus on the videos only please?

[/sarcasm]

thanks heaps for doing it man. good on ya

Dedu

Smash Lord
Err. Yeah! Why not?

He's got uni and Games Club events to worry about. So I'm sure that makes him uber busy?

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
Those vid's are def not 60hz.
Ignoring his insistence on making degoratory comments, anyone with video editing experience knows the AVI spec has a max of 25 FPS for PAL-based input.

I'll see if it really is possibe to post on YT and advise accordingly.
In other news, I'll have the rest of the vids up at midnight, with the exception of Bjay's two 30-minute episodes =P

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
People!

I am looking for somone from Sydney/NSW to join me in an epic Super Happy Fun Super Cute Extra Sweet Awesome Journey to Melbourne for Comrades 2.

I'm gussing I'll pop on down around about te Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (I have conflicting reports on whether the tounry is on the Saturday or Sunday.
Hopefully I will have Queenslanders/Kiwi/s with me.

IF you have a drivers lisence and for a maual that would be the sweetest thing.
If not, oh well.

And its $50 one way.
For now I can only take 1 NSW person, but more seats may open up if QLDers cancel.

Lastly, I will probably not be heading back up to QLD/NSW untilat least a week after the tourny because i'm popping on down to Tassie.
So either join me, bum around in Melbourne, or fly back.
Just joining me on the journey down would be good, good.

Thank you and good night. :)

Bjay

Smash Lord
C0d3m0nk3y said:
I'll see if it really is possibe to post on YT and advise accordingly.
In other news, I'll have the rest of the vids up at midnight, with the exception of Bjay's two 30-minute episodes =P
Aww...

Can't upload my ones in pieces? =P I can take care of them ;)

Ooh, ohhh you're gonna upload them later. ;)
Thanks in advance!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
People!

I am looking for somone from Sydney/NSW to join me in an epic Super Happy Fun Super Cute Extra Sweet Awesome Journey to Melbourne for Comrades 2.

I'm gussing I'll pop on down around about te Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (I have conflicting reports on whether the tounry is on the Saturday or Sunday.
Hopefully I will have Queenslanders/Kiwi/s with me.

IF you have a drivers lisence and for a maual that would be the sweetest thing.
If not, oh well.

And its $50 one way.
For now I can only take 1 NSW person, but more seats may open up if QLDers cancel.

Lastly, I will probably not be heading back up to QLD/NSW untilat least a week after the tourny because i'm popping on down to Tassie.
So either join me, bum around in Melbourne, or fly back.
Just joining me on the journey down would be good, good.

Thank you and good night. :)

im from sydney and have my manual drivers license but im still not sure whether im going to comrades or not it depends on my uni test time table.

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
DW: I didn't question your experience - although changing your output doesn't fix it. Anyway, give us a break - it's our first tourney.

Bjay - I 'll probably be lazy and upload the whole video anyway; couldn't be bothered splitting it.

In other news, any problems with May 27th? If not, I'll confirm by Friday.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hooray, thanks Brinton, you da man!

Since there was no sound, I was fiddling around with the videos and replaced them with songs =P I can't stand no sound, but s'ok no worries. :)

As for May 27th, yeah it's a Sunday, Sunday's great, and it's a good time to give advance notices for those that need to.

I'm totally fine with it! That pre-registration thing is great! Count me in!

no.13

Smash Cadet
27th works a treat for me. i put in for leave ages ago cos the monaco f1 is on the same night. double wammy! happy days..

Bjay

Smash Lord
Not I, sorry >.<

Hopefully I can make it to the next bi-weeklies.

Man, I've only been able to make it to one bi-weekly so far >.>

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Rightio, Bi-Weekly tomorrow, just checking to see who will be coming. People can rock up anytime between 10 and 6, and play some smashage! One flaw though, there are carpet cleaners coming tomorrow around 12-ish, but we can vacate the rooms and get some lunch while they do their work i suppose.

But yeah, post if your coming or message me on msn.

(Pat beat me to the post...meh)

Dedu

Smash Lord
Hey!

I've been working on another character lately to get around problems I seem to have with Marth. (esp with Peaches Maybe I should take up Y Link/Link?) Particularily in the tournament. Hence why I got crap results. But it doesn't mean I will give up Marth :p

I've been itching to try that character out 2moz if I can manage to come. If I can come, then I'll be there around 1 - 2ish this time. Hope to see you all 2moz!!

Jaz

Smash Ace
Link/Ylink?
well i can help ya there ^_^ and i'll be there tomorrow llok at the character specifics for help though...
though if i can scab a lift from bondi junction westfield that would be awesome, and i'll have to borrow funky's controller again lol, mine is still at mum's

btw Brinton, Syke is probably the most experienced video editor/ recorder there is for smash, he just wants to see the vids too despite being derogatory ^_^

he's just trying to help... in a strange offensive fashion

Zac we played on 60 hrtz what do you take me for? and we have a ****load of vids that we have to upload, which we are working on at teh present moment in time, you may have more experience in this but you take ages to get any vids up anywhere.

i still <3 you though

i vote a portion of the entry fees in the next tournament should be set aside for a sound splitting cable, or the entry money increased

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Hey!

I've been working on another character lately to get around problems I seem to have with Marth. (esp with Peaches Maybe I should take up Y Link/Link?) Particularily in the tournament. Hence why I got crap results. But it doesn't mean I will give up Marth :p

I've been itching to try that character out 2moz if I can manage to come. If I can come, then I'll be there around 1 - 2ish this time. Hope to see you all 2moz!!

marth is supposed to be good against peach... just practice harder with marth :) the only reason i wanna play a new char is to deal with sheik. But im gonna stick with marth to deal with peach and jiggs, just need to practice :)

Bjay

Smash Lord
i vote a portion of the entry fees in the next tournament should be set aside for a sound splitting cable, or the entry money increased

NOOO! THE ENTRY FEE IS FINE T___________T!! *is really cheap*

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
entry fee should be upped :p for tv hire to save people effort, cables (as jaz said), food / drink....to the best of my knowledge, the entry fee goes entirely to the winners? nyeh........i reckon up it, and put it towards the enjoyment / comfort / convenience of everyone, not just the 3-4 real candidates for winners. (no offense most other people [myself included], but there isnt really much hope that were gonna see any of it haha)

Jaz

Smash Ace
umm, i'm only talking like 1-2$'s more from everyone :p
how much can this cable cost
i disagree with TV hire and food though, people can get thier own food when they want, and we should be organised enough to not need to waiste money on Tv hire, we had more than enough last time ^_^

oh and my Shoutout is done:

finally i get to the internet! jeez

yes the rumours true Jaz was defeated by Phil, a talented fox, who spawned from no where lol good matches were had and no grudges were held ^_^

now shoutouts, i have a reputation for big shoutouts, but those are for interstate tournies lol... i would like to say a few things though

C0d3M0nk3y: thank you for setting up the videos, tvs, venue, your the champion my friend these tournaments wouldn't happen without you, i left my third prize at UTS btw... soz i'll pick it up soon. next time i'll stick around to help pack up ^_^

Funky: thanks for teaming with me, i hope you enjoyed the matches! we were undone by a low tier team early on but came back because of your survival skills and kirbycides lol, great matches man you're a pro

Pat: Congrats on winning, they were very very close matches in the finals, yet you pulled it off very well done and very deserving. Your pikachu was a machine in teams aswell, as usualy pat you pawned thanks for coming

Kulla: we had good matches to be honest, and i'm sorry for teams, but you can look out for the same thing next time i spose.... thanks for coming and hosting bi-weeklies your a credit to the scene

Bjay: great improvement! very good it's only a matter of time before you get the best of my kirby, teams was closer than i thought it would be thanks for providing the most challenging peach in sydney ^_^

No:13 wowsers that double peach team was intimidating, seriously. a few things went our way in the last match but matches before that were close as, thanks for coming mic! hope to see you on the dancefloor

Dedu: Miang you help set up these so well, if you hadn't of gotten the word around we would have nevere met phil! great work, and its only a matter of time before your ranking goes up, keep that marth up!

Keeno: the proof is there you bet my falco, its on a vid, a very good falco it is too, we had good matches, i hope to have more next time ^_^

Sanc, you had a good jiggly there aswell, very good to see that kind of talent there, pulling of wall of pains ect, very nicely done, i hope to see you and your skilled buddy there next time ^_^

Aaron: ah thanks for coming with phil mate, the more people the better, it must be pretty hard for someone so skilled to just turn up, i'm sure you being there to support him would have helped, thanks for coming and participating!

Phil: cograts buddy, you are very skilled for your age, and your the only person to knock me out of a tournament in sydney yet! i can't wait to verse you next time, try stick around for friendlies next time it would be fun for all ^_^

Chicken Salad: the more random of handles... lol i'm sorry i'll probably keep using C.falcon... right till thene end. that jiggly is hard to get around no doubts about it, keep hanging around these tournies, your bound to get better ;)

One of a TULLA! lol man did we verse i dun remember us versing T-T... thanks for taking those photos, try to get those up on smash boards eventually cuz they were full on... aaah smash worthy? thansk for coming

Fonti: man that sucks getting sick like that, hopefully next time you'll be healthy and happening, you'll suprise alot of people there, thats for sure

Brown One: dude unlucky break, you'll have to train up for that to not happen again lol, seriously don't lose confidence it happens to the best of us, keep workin on yoshi ^_^ and get ella to come will ya :p

Xeno: we didn't meet in the tournie, i can tell your still adjusting to the PAL version lol yoou've also got some skill, so i hope you suprise more than just me next tourny :p thanks for the friendlies ^_^

Chad & Nate: thanks for coming guys, you seemed to be enjoying yourselves and i hope you guys can come to the other tournies we have, the first tournie is awlays the hardest, we call it the eye-opener, but you both show potential for improvement! verse all you can my friends

i think it was Dean, with his Gf and gf's sister Bec and something beginning with K... lol thanks for coming not that you'll read these comments. it can't all be seriousness at a tournie right? people do there heads in, besides theres only one female smasher in Oz that i know of and she's in the top5 of Aus... XD no pressure

Mercury: THE roy user! man you have balls to just use roy, and props to it! by the end of it you'll be making people regret they didn't choose roy eiether lol well done for your frist tournament

to Jib, Evanater and Special K, i have no idea who you are, my apologies, and yes thank you for coming >.<

MR COMBOOOOOOOOOOOturtle!!!!!!: dude how unlucky with the train >.< seriously sue cityrail lol. we had good friendlies, and your marthis definetly on the improve... man this next tournie will be interesting...

Great turnout, and great matches, i look forward to the next saga of sydney smash ^_^

Bjay

Smash Lord
I was just wondering, is anyone hosting a Smash meet this weekend? O=]

funkyseefunkydo

Smash Rookie
i've got a shetload of assessments that need starting and are due from monday onwards T_T but rather than staying home and contemplating whether i should work or not... i'll come play smash this biweekly. lawl. as for the sound splitting cable, upping the fees is fine for me OR we could have a ffa tourney, before singles and doubles, and the winner would win a sound splitting cable, then which he (or she) would have to give in to brinton. PRETTY COOL IDEA YEAA? :cool:

no.13

Smash Cadet
i'll be making an appearance at the bi weeklies tomorrow however sleep deprived i will be. i'll be graveyarding tonight so i finish at 630 tomorrow morning. hardcore or what? i'll catch you ppl tomorrow at around 1 - 2 ish. off to work now......

Dedu

Smash Lord
Lol Funky. Props to ya man! GREAT IDEA!!!

*NEWS* Guys I'm hosting a smash meet (my place) this sunday for those interested. It starts at 10am and finishes at 6pm. Only two tvs available and you don't need to bring anything apart from your controller! If you want to bring food, that's cool.

I'll post my address later (not sure if address posting is the *safe* thing to do).

Sanc

Smash Cadet
Hey Kulla, me and Keeno will probably come! We'll try to be there at around 2 pm or so... how long can we stay there by the way? :D

Bjay

Smash Lord
Ooh..a Sunday meet,

I'll have to keep you posted on that one Stu T_T it looks slim atm, family stuff >.>

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
If needs be...I suppose people can stay later...and I suppose that I can give people lifts to the train station, however, I can't have people staying past 8. I have lots of work that I've yet to do for uni...and I need that time to do it.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Bi-Weekly went alright today, alot more people turned up then was expected, but it was still good. Aside from the slight interruption from the carpet cleaners (and from then on a wet carpet, hence wet socks for everyone), many good games of smash were played.

Next time I'm thinking of having it either go all night or on a satuday...one or the other, but we shall see when the time comes.

But thanks for everyone who showed up today.

Top Bottom