• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Gords

Smash Champion
Gords I saw you at uni today. It was at 1.15-ish and it was on the main walkway heading up to the Quad. I was sitting on the grassy area in front of the coffee store but you didn't see nor hear me when I called out =(

Take off your headphones! >=(
Sorry unreon. I was probs on a phone call when you called out. I know I was on the phone about that time and on my way to meet the friend I was talking to. Yeh so sox again, I wish I saw you cause I would of said hi.

Gords is a pretty cool guy.. he plays Toon Link in Brawl and doesn't afraid of anything.
Thanks for the comlements and yeah why be afraid of something when the only way to get better in anything is to face your fears and put yourself in the deep end.

Gords got a manly spike off on me in Brawl swiss that decided the match lol
Yeah that was an awsome match. Well all or nothing is what I always say.

I havn't vsed Gords at all yet ;_;.

ILL SHOW HIM WHAT A REAL TOON LINK CAN DO HYUK HYUK :D
Can't wait to play you but I want you at your best so of toon link isn't your main then it won't be fair. Also I have gotten slot better since BOOST and I have been taking notes from Sams toon link so watch out all at the next BOOST cause here I come.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
My Toon Link is like my Marth with 9 years of Link projectile game backing him. He is a fierce competitor character I have in my arsenal.

Oh, and my Marth is pretty good.

And worse comes to worse, I'll just use Marth.
And if that doesn't work I'm sure a Metaknight won't be too easier either.

:)

Good to hear you've improved a lot since the tourney though :)

Noa

Smash Rookie
Lurker, first time posting.

Anything coming up in Sydney where I can stuck into some Brawl?

Dedu

Smash Lord
The Ness Kick!

Greater than the Falcon Kick.
Appears weak but is very powerful. Its over 9000!
(ness is a wimp)
hmmm...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey everyone, in case you haven't noticed yet, the final rules for GotGames is finally up. Please join the ladders as this will be a sponsored event.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160429

Joining ladders can be done here:
http://www.gotgames.com.au/gg/ladders/4

I also need to put out there that Wi-Fi is NOT a requirement to use the ladders. You are free to challenge anyone you wish, and that includes fellow members of the smash community, offline, however and whenever you want. So it works both ways, in the interests of Online and Offline players, and we have the added benefit of using GotGame's ladder software.

We need a boost in numbers before September 7! :)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I've joined but I probably won't be able to accept many challenges (No wifi, Newcastle)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Don't worry about lacking of Wifi.

The BIGGEST thing from all of this is to hopefully run Sydney's largest ever tournament to decide the finalists. Depending on all of this we'll hopefully be able to send a large team down to Melbourne for the finals.

Jaz

Smash Ace
To all the wifi warriors in sydney...

i'm really sick of asking you guys over and over, cause he keeps asking me what people he can vs and i keep saying that i put his email address up.

cactar_elias@hotmail.com

see that email address, that guy wants to brawl... alot
so if this thread is half as effective as its meant to be at joining player A with challenger B as it's meant to then you'll email or talk to this individual and kick his *** on wifi with Snake

no its not me, its someone that kicks my *** in brawl, and i can't be bothered versing him any more XD
i dunno how i compare to anyone else at brawl but i'd say this guy would be of the top 10 brawlers in sydney

so vs him O.O

and don't tell me your doing it, or adding him tell him, with that email address
plz thankyou

EDIT

welcome Noa

no one else bothered with that ._. thats sad

Noa

Smash Rookie
Cheers for the welcome :)

I'll give that guy a shot, sounds like he likes to brawl as much as I do.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wii internet can be tricky depending on what setup you use, but 360 is easy, just plug a cable into it and into a modem or a router or whatever and it will automatically setup and work, no installation required.

unreon

Smash Ace
I have a wireless network because my modem sits pretty far away from my consoles. Why the 360 didn't come standard with wireless is beyond me considering THE DS CAN DO IT.

How do I get the 360 to become wireless and what about the Wii?

Help would be much appreciated.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
You actually have to buy some wireless adaptor for the 360 for some ridiculous reason, or alternatively just do as Luke said and find a way to get an extra long ethernet cable into the 360.

As for the Wii, it should be detecting your wireless and you just select the right connection.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Lol all this time with the Wii and someone hasn't managed to get their wifi connection set up?

That's funny.
wii settings > wifi connection > set up a connection etc etc.

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
hey noa, welcome to sydney smash

atm there arent any tournaments up and coming (to my knowledge) but theres some gotgames ladder thing happening. if u wanna sign up for the ladder its here http://www.gotgames.com.au/gg/ladders/4

and u can challenge people and stuff.. eventually i think it turns into a huge tournament where the highest ppl on the ladder get free trips to the host state of the tournament...which is vic i guess

but yeah i dont really know much about it. but thats the current news!

unreon

Smash Ace
Lol all this time with the Wii and someone hasn't managed to get their wifi connection set up?

That's funny.
Maybe I have yet the need to go online with my Wii? I don't have the inclination to participate in Nintendo's shiny turd called "online". Maybe I'm not forking out $5 for a retro game without any updates, maybe I don't need Wii Voting Channel, and maybe I don't need to buy awful games like Mario Kart just to try online.

Stop being a patronising *** for no reason. I asked for help not for a serve of "teh Deduz".

Thanks for some pointers Ben and Luke. I'll try the Wii soon enough. The 360 will have to wait.

EDIT: I hate censoring my swear words. It makes me look weak =(

EDITEDIT: As you can all see I'm cranky. I've been ovulating.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Bleh, anyone up for a tournament on Sunday 21st?

I'll start pulling the strings again and see if I can not have any issues taking the room again.

Edit: oops Saturday definately won't be happening.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I like ovulating. <3
Sorry to hear you're in a bad mood, though, hope you get better soon though. =]
And yar, I don't even have a Wii LOL. :D And if I did I wouldn't bother setting up Wifi because it's so horrendously fail (first hand experience ololo).
And yar Dedu my one-and-only, don't be such a poo-face. :C
BE LOVING AND GENTLE AND WARM AND CARING AND GHAY! C:

WELCOME NOA from someone who isn't even from Sydney, but always good to see someone new even if they're someone I won't see until maybe 2 years have passed. :D

You guys don't seem to be playing Brawl much either...
People want me to teach them Melee, instead of Brawl, even though I kick MASSIVE ANUS in Brawl.
No, seriously. (i wish)
Ike makes me ****. <3

Who is this random...
I'll take him on any day and spank him hard enough for BLOOD to spurt out.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Shaya I'd definately be up for another tournament at the same place, last one you hosted seriously pwned in terms of the set-up and organization.

Melee tourney would be sweet but honestly either is good.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Unfortunately we'd still be restricted to the 8am (earliest) to the 5pm (ABSOLOUTE LATEST) time slot again.
And I won't be hosting a melee only tournament.

So with the time constraints on hand, I don't know whether we (what am I kidding, REPLACE WITH 'I') can 'afford' melee.

The biggest problem here is that I am under the impression more people will be willing to travel for a BRAWL tournament rather than a melee one. Even if SOME OF the vets are likely to come I'd be expecting less of a turn out with melee over brawl.

Having a melee event there would mean a couple of things:
- A lot of hassle (I *****, I moan). I talk organisation here, missing a memory card? well **** me dead. Someone forgets to bring a melee disc? ughh
- Only double eliminations (i.e. no swiss in any events).
- Most likely no 'doubles' events what so ever.

However what I can deem possible is;
- If we have an actual GOOD AMOUNT OF TVS [8+] (I wish, right?) then many MANY MANY MANY things could be possible. Like a lot of things.

If we start off with a Melee single double elim within an hour (32 and under player estimate) TVs for Brawl could be set up as to have great allocation of time.

Melbourne's ultimatum is similar to mine; "Yeah we'd host melee if there were enough TVs".

Can you guarantee me 8+ TVs?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Subspace Marth isn't that cool-looking...

And yes, there should be no need for johns when you can pummel the s*** out of the winner after the match. lol

Noa

Smash Rookie
Well I've got a tv or two spare anytime you lot need them for tournys, just little ones though.

Me personally, I'll take brawl over melee anyday. I never did learn how to wavedash...

Top Bottom