• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Gords

Smash Champion
Where do you live? I'm in Camperdown between Newtown and Glebe
I live in campbelltown on the other side of sydney but o willing to travel especailly of there is going to be a group there. What station is closest or easiest to get to your place and are there any buses that goes to your place? Also what day are you planning to have us over?

Gords

Smash Champion
hi jaz
Did you want to play some brawl now
My friend code is 1805 2283 4703
It's been a while since I played online so it great to get back on.

Gords

Smash Champion
oh ok then. Well then hopefully I will meet you at one of shayss tourneys and I can play you on person.

Gords

Smash Champion
oh ok well I added the friend code to my friend list but I can't go on men at the moment becuase I don't have the computer. Am using my iPhone to post on smash boards. I am online now if they want to jump on

Dedu

Smash Lord
Lol @ iphone.

It must be charging you a fair amount of $$$ to use for teh intaarrnets!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
simon to answer ur msn question, im just not travelling for smash atm, id play in wollongong or on wifi and ill probably come to some tournaments again once uni is over, but for now its pretty full on :(

Gords

Smash Champion
Iphone = overpriced, underpowered multi-functional computer? *shrug*
Well the iPhone does what I need it to do, and for $48 over two years with 700mb of download over cellular networks that is way to much to what I will ever use I am happy with it.

Anyways Xeno are you still having that melee meet this weekend (aka-tomorrow) and if so what time to what time?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Apparently iPhone batteries run out quickly.

I played Melee today, I can actually L cancel (omgosh!), but only with Falcon. I dunno, everything about Falcon felt weird (everyone in Melee does except Peach), but yeah I managed to get the L cancel okay each time, I gotta thank Brawl for that lol.

In fact, I played MvSF yesterday and even though I was rusty I still had it in me, I gotta thank Brawl for that too. cbf going into details.

Too bad for Melee I can only play Peach now, but hey I still have a lot of fun using Peach in Melee.

Ineffable

Smash Rookie
Apparently iPhone batteries run out quickly.

I played Melee today, I can actually L cancel (omgosh!), but only with Falcon. I dunno, everything about Falcon felt weird (everyone in Melee does except Peach), but yeah I managed to get the L cancel okay each time, I gotta thank Brawl for that lol.
I saw you play today using Peach. You smashed that guy (never got name sorry) pretty hard.
I had so much fun going back to Melee after Brawl, took a while to get used to though.

Gords

Smash Champion
oh Man so melée was played today. I wouldve loved to join in.
Isanyone playing tomorrow?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
WTF was there a meet yesterday/today? With Melee?

I have really been getting into Melee lately too. Bah. ;_;

If there is a meet tomorrow I would happily come. :D

xeno

Smash Ace
PM me people. My phones missing / lost atm. I have no idea yet what I'm doing, my mind is spreading into many different directions!!

unreon

Smash Ace
Ohhhhh so THAT explains the cosplayers I saw on the way to work. I thought it was SMASH though.

How was playing melee there BJay? Anyone good? Score attention with your Peach poweress?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
There was Melee at Animania? Never heard anything about that...

I'm so confused. ;_;

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Huh. Okay then. That's kind of disappointing, actually, though I guess reasonable.

Anyway, did a meet end up happening today?

Dedu

Smash Lord
WTF

Melee at Animania... O rly?
Items and all? Plus those gay madcatz controllers?

hmmm!

Bjay

Smash Lord
I saw you play today using Peach. You smashed that guy (never got name sorry) pretty hard.
I had so much fun going back to Melee after Brawl, took a while to get used to though.
So you saw me, and you didn't say hi?! Arghh, I still don't know who you are lmao. Hmm, are you talking about the guy that was wearing red? If so that's Keeno, unfortunately for him, his main wasn't unlocked (since there wasn't even a memory card in the Gamecube -.-), so yeah he couldn't really play at his peak, we usually have close matches. So I was pretty lucky that time.

How was playing melee there BJay? Anyone good? Score attention with your Peach poweress?
Playing Melee there was a lot of fun Jason, most of the time, it was free for alls, which is understandable, but unfortunately there was no memory card, so no stages, or characters were unlocked (well, Jiggs at one stage got unlocked lolol), but everytime I played the stages were on Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams...and Corneria =P Lucky for us the rules was whatever anyone wanted, no one didn't really seem to notice or care though, so that's great.

I think the only other stage I got was Termina, in which I just kept roof-spiking people unintentionally lmao.

Yeah I had quite a few people impressed with my Peach actually, heh, I forgot how awesome Peach is.

I couldn't really find anyone who standed out though =( And since there was no Falco, I couldn't get to vs Keeno with all his annoying short hop lasers, and etc.

bjay blew everyone away there.

hurrr hurr hur
hahahahhahaa.

Oh and Stu, to answer your question, I rarely used down smash actually, at least, compared to how much I used to use down smash, I didn't use it as much when I played Melee, I know in certain situations I used it a lot though (like one that little area in Pokemon Stadium, where down smash rules <3)

WTF

Melee at Animania... O rly?
Items and all? Plus those gay madcatz controllers?

hmmm!
Nah, actually there were no items for Melee. Because I turned them off, the only thing different was stage choices, and it was 3 stock. There was no competition for Melee, so yeah the organisers didn't really care, we just had to rotate.

Melee was really fun to play ^_^

Random - In the end one of the controllers got screwed hardcore everytime I tried to float with Peach, she'd either fall right away -_- not to mention the Z button got ****ed as well.
____

I feel like playing Melee.

unreon

Smash Ace
I couldn't really find anyone who standed out though =( And since there was no Falco, I couldn't get to vs Keeno with all his annoying short hop lasers, and etc.
What about MY annoying short hop lasers ='(

And for those interested...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Street Fighter 4 cabinets are supposedly coming to the Timezone inside the George St Cinemas!! I CAN'T WAIT ARGHHHH

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12541154&postcount=203

Bjay

Smash Lord
What about MY annoying short hop lasers ='(

And for those interested...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Street Fighter 4 cabinets are supposedly coming to the Timezone inside the George St Cinemas!! I CAN'T WAIT ARGHHHH

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12541154&postcount=203
Awww I miss vsing your Falco and Marth!

Sorry I should have worded that better, what I meant was that he was playing Melee there as well, but yeah I couldn't vs his Falco.

Jason, if that's the case with SF4, let's have some matches there!

It's been a long while since I've seen any SF arcade machines at the City.

Jaz

Smash Ace
i wouldn't imagine so Ben ._.
the majority i think has moved onto brawl.
personally i dun really play melee at all any more, now I'm completely off wifi brawl.
i think if a melee meet was organised people would show for it

combo, Bjay, Unreon, The hornsby trio, maybe pat and S.D?
dunno about kulla's hand

would dedu play ._.

and the Xen man ofcourse he's your best bet for a meet, newtown champion

and f*ck buying brawl again for pal, as soon as my wii gets updated thats the end of that,
thats one less sucker nintendo!

Top Bottom