• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Gords

Smash Champion
ok i see that no one has asked for a Toon Link or Shiek sig,

So Jaz could i get a Toon Link + Shiek Sig, thanks.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Played Melee with Sanc today and a few others.

The physics were no problem for me at all, I switched between Melee/Brawl fine. However it was obvious my Peach was still very rusty, but because I was rusty, I enjoyed it that much more.

Melee was definitely a lot of fun today. Shame the only stages were Fountain of Dreams and Pokemon Stadium, but who can I complain, Pokemon Stadium was my favourite.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
What's with these 2 character sigs? Are they 2 separate sigs with a different character on each, or is it one sig with both chars on it? That last idea sounds pretty cool... It would end those arguments for who gets a character in their sig. Having two characters in the sig makes it unlikely for people to end up with the same sig...

If that was the case, Claus (Lucas) and Olimarrrrrrr!

unreon

Smash Ace
Well I chose two because they are my mains for Melee and for Brawl. I don't know how other people are doing it.

I don't want Jaz to overwork himself though :/

Dedu

Smash Lord
He's taking his time.

If he was overworking himself with the sigs, we would have gotten them already hehe.

No two sigs for me kthxbai.
Quality >>>>>>> Quantity
Ore wa Pitto no sig hoshi kudasaimase

Dedu

Smash Lord
Heh. 2t knows how to SHFFL otherwise he wouldn't have done well with Link. Mad rushdown SKILLZ
Unless I detect a hint of sarcasm there?

Jaz

Smash Ace
one character
one colour

i could do doubles banners if it was melee, i just don't have enough pictures of brawl characters to do brawl double sigs\

i haven't started sigs yet once i nail the design it won't take long to churn them out

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hmm, judging from the time of the biweeklies commence, I'll probably be able to Brawl again. We will see.

xeno

Smash Ace
It is a funny review.
I played Ebarbarian yesterday, he's got a decent Rob -- beatdown my Metaknight :O.
Also saw the Falco dash>up-smash combotrick, very cool. Hope to see you at the Tourney man

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to bother again guys but why doesn't Sydney have a power ranking board?
Because at the moment we dont have enough meets/tourneys under our belts to get a ranking system up and running...Once things get swinging with biweeklies and tourneys we can start one up..

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
because all they do is stroke the egos of the top couple of players and make the rest of us feel inadequate?

because they actually mean **** all in the scheme of things?

because its a game, not a sport?

unreon

Smash Ace
Our scene isn't as competetive as the Melbourne scene either. I would say that Kulla, Pat, and Tom would take note of the power rankings and try to get better. But despite Jaz's wicked skills I don't think Smash is his top priority at the moment; Bjay ditched Smash forever over a girrrrrrl (btw, :D); several others including Salad and I are too busy studying to put too much time in it; etc etc.

But I reckon the relatively greener guys would be excited at the prospect to establish themselves. From highly judgemental first impressions I reckon Meteor and Perpetual have a good chance from breaking out of the pack.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Our scene isn't as competetive as the Melbourne scene either. I would say that Kulla, Pat, and Tom would take note of the power rankings and try to get better. But despite Jaz's wicked skills I don't think Smash is his top priority at the moment; Bjay ditched Smash forever over a girrrrrrl (btw, :D); several others including Salad and I are too busy studying to put too much time in it; etc etc.

But I reckon the relatively greener guys would be excited at the prospect to establish themselves. From highly judgemental first impressions I reckon Meteor and Perpetual have a good chance from breaking out of the pack.

thats the stupidest thing i ever heard, everyone knows smash is > women:confused:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Melbourne doesn't have power rankings. The Ranbat rankings only show you who has been entering the most and placing the highest. That's not a true indication of skill.

The scene was pretty much against the idea of a power rankings a long time ago and the idea was shelved

xeno

Smash Ace
So what exactly then, is a Power Ranking.
I'm imagning a sort of chess style rating.. what are they then?

Bjay

Smash Lord
I think those tournaments/biweeklies Shaya/Fork have got up their sleeve, is all that this scene really needs.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Umm...yeahh...>_>

So anyway, who here is going to Smash BOOST? What's the confirmed amount so far?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Umm...yeahh...>_>

So anyway, who here is going to Smash BOOST? What's the confirmed amount so far?
Twenty-one players:
  • Shaya (1 tv/1 wii)
  • Kulla (2 tvs/1 wii, MAYBE a 3rd TV)
  • ComboTurtle
  • e_alert (1 wii)
  • Shaya's friend: MAURER (1 wii if needed)
  • Sylvan
  • Slax (Sylvan's brother)
  • 2t
  • 3ddy
  • IGIF
  • SS Ben
  • Meteor Master (wii)
  • Gords (wii)
  • Forky (TV/Wii)
  • Unreon
  • Defiled
  • Berim/Pat (TV?)
  • Jaz (TV if he gets a lift)
  • Perpetual Ownage
  • Huy (TOP SECRET NEW COMER!?)
  • xeno
Perpetual Ownage says he doesn't know how to get to UNSW though, so who knows.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Amount of people looks nice Shaya! Definitely the bare minimum at Sydney tournaments.

Top Bottom