• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Ah yeah.

Haha, by a "set" I basically meant a sig and avy, not all of your sigs (if that's what you were thinking; if not, my bad).

But don't thank me yet; they're not even done and you might not even like them. :p

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
more like sydney spam scene. seriously.

i think i'm taking a break from smash guys. i realised that i don't like brawl enough to warrant either buying it or playing it anymore. for the time being at least.

so....i guess i'll see you all later. i probs won't read smashboards anymore either, there's waaaay too much spam for me to go through these days.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
So many double posts recently...

I just saw something that scares me...this got game tourney has the horrible Melbourne neutrals (Sorry Cao, they really are bad) like bridge of eldin, castle siege and corneria included in the basic rotation...we gotta stop this ****...they are horrible stages to be playing tourneys on...we gotta band up with QLD and the other states to stop this...

Bjay

Smash Lord
What I want to know is, how the Dedede rule is going to be enforced.

Okay, that's fine Dedede is banned on Bridge of Eldin for example, however.

What if the person you vs picks Dedede, and a stage which is allowed for Dedede, but you happen to pick a stage that is Dedede banned, and you get the Dedede banned stage. What happens from there?

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
Ok kulla we have to make melee byweeklys when your completley recovered cause like its killing me ok, wouldnt it be awsome to just have some hectic melle tournie. I would like to organise one but im slightly ******** so thats outs the question and stop the pages of pure brawl comments and bring back the insane matches

Bjay

Smash Lord
In regards to Fork's recent post about bi-weeklies commencing once again, I think it's great that the bi-weeklies are going to happen again.

It's been ages, and I still remember my first time I went to the bi-weeklies at Kulla's (where I got absolutely slaughtered :p) and meeting other smashers from the Sydney Scene, there was also that time when I went to the bi-weekly despite being very ill, I also remember the times when the bi-weeklies were insanely packed with smashers.

So much fun times they were, there's just so many awesome and hilarious moments too. I'm looking forward to the new bi-weeklies a lot.

Thanks for hosting all those times Simon! The baton has now been passed to...Simon. :p

Simon's cat also deserves a mention! Such a great and cute cat it is, and it is always awesome when you see it do its massive leap onto the top of the closet.

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
WANT ME TO SHOW YOU MY FRIEND MARTH PAIN!? I Challenge YOU TO A GAME OF SMASH BROS. THE REAL ONE, ... BRAWL!

OH WAIT YOU'RE TOO UNMANLY AND USE JOHNS LIKE NOT HAVING ACCESS TO HEART SUPPORT BECAUSE I GIF YOU HEART ATTACK DUE TO MY MANLINESS.

:mad::mad::mad:
YOU STUPID FOOL, YOU THINK CAN CHALLENGE ME .... YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

hit it boys

well its an IGIF, in the night, and noones gonna save you from the pain about strike

you know its IGIF in the night melee>brawl gonna make ur *** go white

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

xeno

Smash Ace
Ok kulla we have to make melee byweeklys when your completley recovered cause like its killing me ok, wouldnt it be awsome to just have some hectic melle tournie. I would like to organise one but im slightly ******** so thats outs the question and stop the pages of pure brawl comments and bring back the insane matches
IGIF, you are not ********. It is those who praise Brawl more then Melee who are ********.
YEAH YOU HEARD RIGHT!

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
IGIF, you are not ********. It is those who praise Brawl more then Melee who are ********.
YEAH YOU HEARD RIGHT!
thanks xeno usually i would make some threating remark about the brawl players that like brawl more than melee but instead Im just gonna ask e-alert and shaya to give up on life
:mad:
GIVE UP ON LIFE BRAWLERS

xeno

Smash Ace
Re Unreon: Character rankings, NOT tier lists. Who wins tournaments in a fighting game is interesting to me, even if I consider the game broken or not cool. Yeah, I look up movelists and strategy guides for fighting games that I never play ;)
Re IGIF.PAIN: :D
Re Shaya: You don't know what you're messing with. IGIF will tear you apart!

_X_

Smash Lord
I will participate in this brawl if it is held under MMA rules.

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2007/12/30/georges-st-pierre-vs-matt-hughes-3-ufc-79-nemesis/

Hell yeah, GSP.
I'm totally in.

Wait, what am I doing here again? >_>

On topic, the kids whom I play with are playing brawl a lot, and I personally enjoy it more. I think it's because we stepped into the scene so late...

Anyway... so, how's Sydney (If you can't remember (for those of you who came to Rambo) I'm the long haired kid from Melbourne that was yelling a lot... )

S.D

Smash Master
So many double posts recently...

I just saw something that scares me...this got game tourney has the horrible Melbourne neutrals (Sorry Cao, they really are bad) like bridge of eldin, castle siege and corneria included in the basic rotation...we gotta stop this ****...they are horrible stages to be playing tourneys on...we gotta band up with QLD and the other states to stop this...
Hmm sounds weird.

Pokemon stadium I can handle, Castle Seige maybe... but bridge of Eldin??? Tossing a coin would almost be a good alternative.

Also - hows things Kulla, it seems that all your misfortunes have come at once healthwise

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I remember you X, you had the whole Axl Rose thing going on..I think Sydney is finally starting to pick up its slack and start with its tourneys and biweeklies and such, atm we are way far behind QLD and VIC in terms of both skill and well...everything else...Hopefully a ranking system will start along with all the new meets and that will really get the ball rolling.

Also I heard there were votes to bring back more melee? Sounds like something I want to be doing...

SD: Weeeell, the swelling in my jaw is going down, but now the bruising is showing up, it runs like...all across my cheek and down my neck, kinda epic...I'm still spitting up blood, in much smaller amounts now though...hopefully it will end soon...the lower half of my face is still numb, and will likely remain that way for a few months...nerves take a while to heal... Speaking of nerves my hands are still ****ed...at times they seem better...but like...any typing makes them pretty bad...and on that note im stopping typing...now.

Oh I also quit smoking, it sucks...

xeno

Smash Ace
I remember you X, you had the whole Axl Rose thing going on..I think Sydney is finally starting to pick up its slack and start with its tourneys and biweeklies and such, atm we are way far behind QLD and VIC in terms of both skill and well...everything else...Hopefully a ranking system will start along with all the new meets and that will really get the ball rolling.

Also I heard there were votes to bring back more melee? Sounds like something I want to be doing...

SD: Weeeell, the swelling in my jaw is going down, but now the bruising is showing up, it runs like...all across my cheek and down my neck, kinda epic...I'm still spitting up blood, in much smaller amounts now though...hopefully it will end soon...the lower half of my face is still numb, and will likely remain that way for a few months...nerves take a while to heal... Speaking of nerves my hands are still ****ed...at times they seem better...but like...any typing makes them pretty bad...and on that note im stopping typing...now.

Dude, take post a picture.

xeno

Smash Ace
Welcome Sylvan! Don't bother reading the previous 329 pages IT IS ALL SPAM. And Jaz has not updated the first post (do it Jaz. There are melee tournaments older then old on the fisrt page).
I'm quantumpotato@hotmail.com.

Jaz

Smash Ace
1st page update

ok well what do people want me to do update it with results of revo?

what are the reults of revo?

and i don't feel like adding more people to sydney smash list unless, cause i do... then those people bugger off, but ah well times are a changing:

Kulla (old kulla's post anyway)

Name: Simon
Mains: GANONDORF
Brawl Mains: Metaknight

that is kullas entry so what i'm going to do is ask EVERYONE to do one of the things kulla has posted
that way i can get ages right and brawl mains and more email address'

sorry for people already in the list, but its a must do
also if people could give me revo tournie results

there I'm contributing to the scene! ffs

i know this looks bad to the people that are new here so I'm sorry if I've come off as a person that doesn't care about the scene,
Besides people are stepping up to run things now, which is great, its obvious i'm not going to be organising much things from now on, i'm afraid.

so yeah let me here some names and that

--------------------------------------------------------------------

also, Fonti is right, there is so much spam here its not funny.

I contributed to the pokemon thing, which apparently went for six pages.
and this thread is pretty much just for people to say i love melee brawl sucks visa versa now.

But seriously if there's no tournies organised, what else are we meant to talk about... i dunno.
so i don't know what action i can take to prevent people from spamming. not much.

i could ask you guys to stop ._.
but i'm not really around here anymore am i.

Jaz

Smash Ace
Banner designs

useful double post:

this is the very last time I'm going to do it:

But i am going to make a new batch of Sydney smash banners for anyone that wants one.
older members will have dips on there colours, characters of course have changed

but we should first discuss what should actually be in the banners:

S3 theme with the city in the background again?

a melee v brawl banner theme?

any ideas let me know these are some past banners I've done for tournaments and crews so you can refer to those on the first page about halfway down:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99027

after this that's it from Jaz, no more banners, no more tournies I'm going to just be a regular old member of the S3 and post a little and turn up for tournies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Kulla, that's just stupid. You can talk to me normally about it and something can be worked out to accomodate all parties, not just the interests that you and your 'allies' are comfortable with.

I'm asking for cooperation from all parties here if you want to maximise the strength of this movement and the wider community in general.

Bjay

Smash Lord
aww my little post about Simon's biweeklies got neglected. =P

I am proud of you Simon, and I'm glad you did. :) You know it's for the better! You said you'd quit on the date of the very first Revo tournament. You know what they say, better late than never.

what i'm going to do is ask EVERYONE to do one of the things kulla has posted

i know this looks bad to the people that are new here so I'm sorry if I've come off as a person that doesn't care about the scene,
Besides people are stepping up to run things now, which is great, its obvious i'm not going to be organising much things from now on, i'm afraid.
Don't worry Jaz, you're a busy guy these days, we understand. If anything, you've contributed a lot, and appreciate everything you've done. I mean you didn't even have to do anything at all, but you've done a lot. :) So don't feel like if you're not doing much is the wrong thing. If anything you've done more than enough! Anywho:

Bjay

Name: Bjay
Melee Main: Peach
Brawl Main: Wario

and this thread is pretty much just for people to say i love melee brawl sucks visa versa now.

But seriously if there's no tournies organised, what else are we meant to talk about... i dunno.
so i don't know what action i can take to prevent people from spamming. not much.

I'm happy to stop spam less. There's really not much to discuss in this thread sadly, but I can spam less.

As for the Melee Vs Brawl arguments. Ergh >.> I'm neutral so I really couldn't give a stuff but that's where it'll be up to the individual to stop that, it has happened twice already, and it seems a bit of a 3rd moment is surfacing as demonstrated from the past couple of previous pages after the Pokemon fiasco.

Sure anything that can be talked about, I think the main things Smash related, would be Smash related topics, Smash meets, Smash tournaments, bi-weeklies (;)), and various other things related to Smash and Sydney Smash.

but we should first discuss what should actually be in the banners:

S3 theme with the city in the background again?

after this that's it from Jaz, no more banners, no more tournies I'm going to just be a regular old member of the S3 and post a little and turn up for tournies.
._.

I dunno what should be in the background, but I believe that the whole S3 thing should be kept, since S3 is a memento of the Sydney Smash Scene, when the number of smashers in Sydney skyrocketed, when the EGG tournaments happened, and the biweeklies.

--

I forgot what I wanted to say afterwards all this =.=

Gords

Smash Champion
great to hear you quit smoking kulla,
and i hope you recover soon, and looking forward to meeting you again soon.
will you still be attanding the biweeklies and tornies when able even though you wont be able to play much?

Hi guys, I'm new to SWF.

I'm a sydneysider and former Roy user.
great to see you made it sylvan, and it looks like you came at just the right time as peoiple are starting to get things moving in sydney, ie the bi weeklies and tornies.

what i'm going to do is ask EVERYONE to do one of the things kulla has posted

so yeah let me here some names and that

--------------------------------------------------------------------

also, Fonti is right, there is so much spam here its not funny.

Name: Gordon
Melee Mains: Shiek, Young Link, Link
Brawl Mains: Toon Link, Shiek, ZSS

and Jaz, I am relatively new to the sydney smash scene, but you dont seem like you dont care about smash, and from what i have heard and read you have done a lot for the smash community and i shake your hand for your efforts. I know it takes time to do things and that other commitment take priority and hence the reason why i am not doing more myself.
I hope to meet you some day soon,...so i can shake your hand in person then battle you in a game of smash.

------

Anyway about the spam, i believe that when the bi weeklies and tornies get started the spam will decrease, jazz is right atm there is not much to discuss.
Sorry to hear that spam has sent you away Fonti,hope you can return when the spam lessens, and we can meet and you can give me some AT pointers in melee.

and about the melee/brawl debate;
everyone has their own opinion and i personally love both games, to me they are two seperate games as in same concept but different style. i also dont want melee to die out but those of you who dont like brawl should still allow those who prefer not to play melee that option without critism. i will continue to support both games but all this arguement over which game is better or destroying game disks...not mentioning any names...just takes away from the fun of the concept for both sides of the debate.

xeno

Smash Ace
Looking forward to both Fork and Shaya's regular meets / tournies.
Cao, what were you talking about w/ Kulla.. sth about the national Circuit?

And Jaz, no one said you didn't contribute to the scene. I just asked you to update the front page cuz.. it's been a while :p. You've been a critical part of the scene and we thank you.

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
Hey it's gords! =D Looks like i did get in at a good time >D

Name: Stephen
Melee Mains: Roy!
Brawl Mains: Roy! Wolf

Yes. Roy is my brawl main. Don't ask. . . . . .

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Well you are right Cao, I should have come to you first about this, but you have known my opinion about Melbournes neutrals for a while now, and I was going to gather some support before coming to you and not demanding a change in the rules...but atleast a vote from the states.

Cause really I dont want to fight my way through a whole heap of state games, state finals, and if I possibly make it to the nationals, get forced to fight on say, Corneria, then lose because someone camps at either the sides for a really low percentage kill, or down the bottom... Ditto with Eldin and Siege, low percent kills are made easily available by just camping the edge...Eldin is even worse cause a projectile characer can just stand there and spam until someone approaches them...

Counter picks, Yes. Neutrals, No.

I don't see why a National Tourney defaulted to the Melbourne ruleset, even if thats where its being hosted.

Lol...allies, its like we are all scheming behind Melbournes back... That post was so far the first and only thing I've said about this topic since the National ruleset thread died off... I didn't mean to offend you Cao, as I did say in my post, seems like I did anyway... I just thought it should be a decision made on a National scale... And seeing as the national ruleset thread ended in a stalemate with most parties refusing to go with the others, I was attempting to reopen that debate...But yeah, I shoulda spoken to you first, sorry.

Sylvan: Welcome, good to see new faces...

Xeno: Photos are hard to upload onto smashboards cause you need to site to host em...and I dunno what to use...

Gords: Thanks, and I might show up at some biweeklies...Tourneys ill certainly go to, but I'm most likely going to be out of practice...but thems the breaks...(getting all my Johns sorted out nice and early ^^)

Bjay: Thanks...and yeah it is about time...

Jaz: <3

Top Bottom