• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swine Flu! Mexico city

slave1

Smash Lord
every one PLEASE watch this guy videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Earthlasthope
dude the people in that video are a bunch of crack pots.

this disease has been around for a really long time, it just recently adapted to hop to people.

ok we go with what they say. the gov is evil and are trying to destroy THEIR OWN countries (since that makes sense)

they quarantine everyone. k life sucks

then they go for population reduction...Why? will it make them better? Will it get them more money... probably not. if everyone is dead its hard to get money.

what is the purpose of it. name one friggen good one?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
ahahah you make me laugh .... you gotta think for yourself man >_> why are you influenced by so little .......
Why I agree that those videos are dumb, you can't really say "think for yourself", that's what the guy is doing. He's thinking for himself and picking a really unpopular decision. It's an uninformed and wrong one, but you can't just trivialize it as him blindly following others when that's not what he's doing

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My Borough/District is under red alert now.

We've had one confirmed case, and one suspected case. Life is looking promising.

.Marik

is a social misfit
12 confirmed cases in Toronto.

****. I'm not as worried as when SARS broke out, because we are better prepared and have noticed the virus in its early stages.

But still. ****.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This virus needs to spread more.

Please, hurry up and become a full scale pandemic. :urg:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This virus needs to spread more.

Please, hurry up and become a full scale pandemic. :urg:
Are you trying to be funny now, or do you just really want school to get closed that badly? I mean, it's basically summer already anyway....

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Are you trying to be funny now, or do you just really want school to get closed that badly? I mean, it's basically summer already anyway....
I have far more to gain from an outbreak than simply school closing. I actually like school and it's my last year.

So yeah... it's something else.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
My Borough/District is under red alert now.

We've had one confirmed case, and one suspected case. Life is looking promising.
Teran, which borough is this? I don't recall any deaths yet in London or major cases to warrant a red alert, though iirc aren't there 11 confirmed cases spread throughout the UK?

"The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised the alert to phase six, its highest level, and advised governments to activate pandemic contingency plans."

source

The uncertainty of the next few days/weeks/months is what scares me now

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran, which borough is this? I don't recall any deaths yet in London or major cases to warrant a red alert, though iirc aren't there 11 confirmed cases spread throughout the UK?

"The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised the alert to phase six, its highest level, and advised governments to activate pandemic contingency plans."

source

The uncertainty of the next few days/weeks/months is what scares me now
I live in Barnet.

And oh Lord. What the... aren't they gonna shut down the tube now? It can't stay open in an environment like this...

Better get my shotgun ready.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
This is what I've heard so far. Cases so far: over 300. Deaths caused: Over 11. Don't forget that normal flus kill thousands of people in America every year.

I really wonder if we're not just panicking again. The media loves to create panic, guys. You should know this. It sells papers. The governments like it because they can gain more influence. Fear politics 101. Global Warming isn't creating the fear it used to, so this came just in time, I guess.

Does anyone remember the Bird Flu? Everyone was like "OMG OMG OMG OMG PANDEMIC OMG!" And then nothing happened and everyone just kind of forgot about it.

So, as of yet, I am very skeptical about this whole thing. I hope I'm right, too =S.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
^^^^

I was just about to post what that guy said. it's like Y2K all over again. The reason so many people died in Mexico is cuz they have terrible healthcare there.

If you're worrying about this, you should worry more about dying from Cancer, Od'ing on drugs, being murdered, etc.

Ugh@ 9/11 conspiracy person. Take a physics course.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The T-Virus is coming soon, they're just tricking us with this so Umbrella can leak that **** out.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I have far more to gain from an outbreak than simply school closing. I actually like school and it's my last year.

So yeah... it's something else.
Then I am forced to believe that you are a member of the Illuminati and are planning on establishing a New World Order by reducing the population by about 5.6 billion people. I ain't goin' to the gas chambers, man!

If you're worrying about this, you should worry more about dying from... Od'ing on drugs....
You know you don't catch overdosing on drugs, right?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Then I am forced to believe that you are a member of the Illuminati and are planning on establishing a New World Order by reducing the population by about 5.6 billion people. I ain't goin' to the gas chambers, man!
Haha naw it's far more typically greedy and self centered than that!

I wouldn't really want to rule a world like this anyway, the people that inhabit it disgust me, and I wouldn't want to be disgusted by the people I rule.

You know you don't catch overdosing on drugs, right?
Not what they taught me at school. D=

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

Does anyone remember the Bird Flu? Everyone was like "OMG OMG OMG OMG PANDEMIC OMG!" And then nothing happened and everyone just kind of forgot about it.
I blame Bernard Matthews for that, Birdseye was always nicer anyway :laugh:.

However, I think/ am hoping the swine flu crisis will pass by in a similar fashion. The thing that's off putting is the speed in which it has traveled, and how far it takes for it to get around the world.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm only uncomfortable about the growth of this infection. It seems to have come out of the blue, in time for the unprepared.

I understand other diseases are killing more, but their statistics seem pretty stable +- This has cropped up worldwide by surprise and it's suddenly spreading. Who knows if there'll be a snowball effect? Hopefully it simply dies down. But yeah, other than that the media does thrive on overdramatising.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Overdramatising helps get people cautious. By scaring the hell out of everyone, you're lowering the likelihood of infections since everyone will be extra wary.

Just a thought.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Overdramatising helps get people cautious. By scaring the hell out of everyone, you're lowering the likelihood of infections since everyone will be extra wary.

Just a FACT.
It really works, I believe they ARE doing that.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion

Just a thought.
The media doesn't look out for you. They look out for their own ***s. Pretty soon, the interwebz will be the only popular news engine. The ULTIMATE freedom of speech! *maniacal laughter*

.Marik

is a social misfit
84 cases reported in Canada.

And it's reached a Level 5. Not good. =\

cba

Smash Master
SHIZ!!
dang....
swine flu..

I heard that it will take 6 months in the least to make a cure.

My boss said hed rather have AIDS and in a way, its true.

Snare

Smash Lord
SHIZ!!
dang....
swine flu..

I heard that it will take 6 months in the least to make a cure.

My boss said hed rather have AIDS and in a way, its true.
lol cba, compare the deaths from swine flu to even the common flu, its not even close

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Man I had to do a report on this for my Health class current events, it's sad and I live in NY and some districs around us have closed because of it, and my girlfriend is sick with the "flu" so its pretty depressing.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
well there is supposed to be 2 student cases in my school district, so if tomorrow their tests come back positive they will close school for a week or two and we don't have to make up the days during the summer:bee: i hope those kids have swine flu.....

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
one kid down in south nm got swine flu and all the sports and **** got cancelled.

zrky- it might be wrong to wish swine flu on someone, but it'd be nice if my 61yr old english techer got it >_>

this whole event reminds me of that one cn short sometime ago called "kenny and the chimp" where the main character got swine flu lol. next "pandemic" thatll go around will be samonella fitzgerald lol

Top Bottom