• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF member voted tier list

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We're making a tier list based on voting. If a characerter needs to go up or is better than another character, it gets a plus one. If the opposite is true it needs a minus one.

This is NOT a popluarity contest.....right Kinzer? XD
I don't get it, why are you calling ME out on this? XD

Anyway here's what I think.

Snake +1 because I feel somehow in the future he will surpass MK with enough metagame progress.

Marth +1 because I know he should not be this low.

Pikachu + 1 because not only does he do fine, but he now has The gay the chaingrabs.

Donkey Kong -1 because you cannot be a standalone character when you have 1 commonly seen matchup with little to no way to prohibit said gay (D3).

Ness -1 for moreorless the same reason, I just think that with a majority of his matchups disadvantegeous and grab-release crap, he cannot be this high.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I can see this failing, epicly.
Sorry, but swfs community is too biased towards their mains.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Not to mention the horrible amount of scrubs thinking their Low Tier characters are actually good or never having faced a player who's good with their character (*coughbowsercough*) and therefore giving in to bias of trying around with them and playing against CPUs.

Browny

Smash Hater
GG guys who cant even read. If someone decides their character should be moved up, they better hope everyone else agress, or that character is gonna get taken down by every who votes. assume someone like Falcon was to make it to position #30 on the list when its finalised, that would take a whole week of no one voting him down. unless more than half the people who post here are on a mission to skew like, 2/3 characters per week, its not gonna happen.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm just saying that I have serious doubts. The problem is that many people only know of one character at most, and even more are completely clueless about anything. I doubt the tier list would look more qualified than what the SBR did. XP

Browny

Smash Hater
thats... the whole point?

If I told everyone to post thier tier list and average it (lol fail sbr method) I can safely say that every single person doesnt have sufficient experience to place many of the characters correctly relative to each other. This way, people only vote for that which they are sure of.

for example, i currently see MK and Snake on top and low/bottom looks in order to me. i dont know much about the chars in middle and high but i feel confident enough to say that DDD, Wario, G&W are a cut above the rest in 11 and that marth and olimar are above the rest in low tier. I dont know much about most chars in mid/high so I dont vote on them. People will vote on what they see is the biggest problems with the current list. If MK suddenly dropped from top tier, people would be more inclined to vote him back to top before caring about dropping some random chars they dont know much about. the biggest discrepencies will be fixed prior to any fanboyism, since the majority will see things this way

If someone votes a character down because they dont know much about them, thats still many times more accurate than the sbr method where they vote on the entire cast, regardless how little they know about any of them.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Eh, fine. =/
I'll participate a little.

Bowser +1
Wario +1
Marth +1
Ice Climbers +1
Olimar +1

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Lucas -1
JPuff -1

MK +1
King Dedede +1
Donkey Kong +1

the only problem i have with this list is that if you are trying to place every character between 1 and 36/39, why did you start at 10 as opposed to starting in the dead middle at 18/20

topiser

Smash Rookie
Mario +1
TL -1
I like TL but i think he shouldn't be that high :laugh:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Pikachu -1
Toon Link -1
Captain Falcon -1

Marth +1
Olimar +1

Pikachu and Toon Link next to Wario, Snake, and MK. Lols.

Captain Falcon still seems too high, and Marth and Olimar are much to low.

I'm interested to see how this list comes out - right now it does seems kinda Hurt and Healy. :p

Browny

Smash Hater
This method of getting votes in seems very flawed and doesnt make much sense.

why not just do it the SBR way? a number between 0 and X, and then find the average?
Lol, the SBR method is pretty much the worst method for ever deciding on a tier list in history. ANYTHING is a better option. and ive explained myself multiple times in this thread

the only problem i have with this list is that if you are trying to place every character between 1 and 36/39, why did you start at 10 as opposed to starting in the dead middle at 18/20
I did that, since i expect people are more inclined to vote characters up, than down. im quite sure a few chars will reach #30 before anyone ever hits #1, this trend is visible already

I'm interested to see how this list comes out - right now it does seems kinda Hurt and Healy. :p
Indeed it is. At least with this method, no character board can come in and skew it easily *cough*yoshiboardsintheoriginalcharacterhurtandhealthread*cough*

updated btw...

DDD, rob +1
bowser, sheik, zelda -1

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
[Sonic] +1
[Marth] +1
[Zelda] -1
[Ness] -1
[Snake] +1

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Snake +1 'cause I said he was > MK da*** BIAS! :mad:

Falcon +1 'cause he isn't THAT bad

Jigglypuff -1 'cause what advantaged matchup does she really have that isn't Falcon? I still think Falcoln/Ganon/Puff should share bottom, and maybe Link too I dunno.

I'm going to soon stop put reasons to my posts, I'm running out of ideas since I already agree with most of this list save for a few nitpicks/uncertainties. Couldn't even come up with 5 characters to choose from, but oh well...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Meta Knight + 1
Snake + 1
Falco + 1
Pikachu + 1
Sonic - 1 (He is not THAT good. Bottom mid not almost f***ing high tier.)

Browny

Smash Hater
im confused. if we vote -1, do the characters go up or down on the list?
if you vote -1, at the end of the day (or half a day, im updating this often) i tally up all the votes and if no one else votes that character +1, then the character will move down one point. no other characters are affected by any single characters movements, its possible for many people to share the same value.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sure you know this, but the major problem is that there's no guarantee that any person in this thread has any clue about what they're posting. That's why there's an SBR. It's made up of people that have proven and been recognized as either a great player or very knowledgable about smash. In this thread, an idiot's votes means just as much as anyone's.

MK -1
Diddy +1
Olimar -1
Fox +1
Jiggs +1

Did I do that correctly?

Browny

Smash Hater
I'm sure you know this, but the major problem is that there's no guarantee that any person in this thread has any clue about what they're posting. That's why there's an SBR. It's made up of people that have proven and been recognized as either a great player or very knowledgable about smash. In this thread, an idiot's votes means just as much as anyone's.

MK -1
Diddy +1
Olimar -1
Fox +1
Jiggs +1

Did I do that correctly?
SBR may be knowledgeable as a whole... but individually, regarding each an every character theyre far from it. Many of us have tourney experience just the same, just because they may have been good at melee, is thier experience vs say, a horrible [low tier character] main worth more than some random SWF user who plays against one of the best of that character main? Its just not possible to be exposed to every charcater played at the top of thier metagame. And ive said multiple times, an idiots vote will continuouly be negated by everyone else here. someone can post mk, snake -1 every single day. do you think they will ever end up lower than #1 and #2? Not unless everyone else who posts here tries to skew it

and yes

DDD DK Pit Wario +1
Marth -1

Top Bottom